[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Silver Bullets Werewolves ONLY weakness??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: dog_soldiers.jpg (252KB, 1440x953px) Image search: [Google]
dog_soldiers.jpg
252KB, 1440x953px
I've heard that a werewolf's only weakness is silver bullets, but to what extent? If I point a shotgun (with regular bullets) point-blank onto a werewolf's skull and fire, would he be able to walk out of that alive? Wouldn't the impact of the bullets kill him with the pellets impacting him at 780 mph? That's faster than a car and that will usually lead to road kill at that speed. If you set him on fire, would he be able to walk out of it unharmed? If that's the case, then he is practically invincible with silver being his kryptonite.
>>
>>19493736
>If I point a shotgun (with regular bullets) point-blank onto a werewolf's skull and fire, would he be able to walk out of that alive?
Of course not. You don't even need silver bullets, dude. The magic of a werewolf is that a dude transformed into a wolf. Neither men nor wolves are going to be durable enough against buckshot. Or burning.

But if it helps you feel better, I think there are a few uses for wolfsbane in regards to lycanthropes. I've also heard exorcisms work, presumably against whatever wolf-demon spirit is residing in the person. But if they transform by salve or wolf pelt, I don't suppose that'll be of any use.

But really, dude, all that supernatural strength and immortality shit is all from the movies. The folklore has tons of people who encounter wolves and wound them in defense, only to later find a human being sharing the wounds, or dead. They're mortal as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_1154.gif (390KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1154.gif
390KB, 400x225px
>>19493736
They also haz a weakness for half fairie hick girls..
>>
>>19493736
the point was they're a malform between bacteria, wolf, and human cells. They are cooperating to rebuild the werewolf shape no matter what parts are damaged. Yeah, shooting it in the head would knock it out long enough for you to run away, but the head would just grow back and it would start moving again as soon as there was enough brain regenerated to move the muscles.

The silver is naturally antibacterial. It corrodes into the cells like asbestos, or fiberglass. That makes it so they can't grow back.

Fire is also already a known way to kill were wolves, and vampires. And witches.
>>
>>19493736
M-o-o-n, that spells moon.
>>
File: rc_ep027_12.jpg (47KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
rc_ep027_12.jpg
47KB, 400x300px
>>19493736
The book says he's still not dead, it HAS to be a silver bullet.
>>
>>19494176
BOOM-de BOOM-de BOOM
They're all laughing at you trash
>>
>>19493736
It will put it down but it will eventually get up wolfsbane also works. Same with fire
>>
>>19493736
>780 mph? That's faster than a car
What a retarded comparison, the speed difference doesn't even come close.
>>
>>19494133
What about blasting them with antibacterial uv light
>>
>>19493736
only native americans can defeat skinwalkers
>>
werewolves dont exist but unfortunately jews do and they're what you should protect yourself from
>>
>>19493736
>If I point a shotgun (with regular bullets) point-blank onto a werewolf's skull and fire, would he be able to walk out of that alive
Yes, but shotguns, despite the fact shotguns fire pellets and slugs, not bullets.
>Wouldn't the impact of the bullets kill him with the pellets impacting him at 780 mph?
No, he's magic.
>That's faster than a car and that will usually lead to road kill at that speed.
Well, this wouldn't.
> If you set him on fire, would he be able to walk out of it unharmed?
Yes, the fire wouldn't burn him.
> If that's the case, then he is practically invincible with silver being his kryptonite.
Good to see it took you this long to realize what 5 year olds can reason out and yet still can't wrap around your head.
>>
>>19496517
>wrap your head around it
My bad.
>>
>>19493766
>They're mortal as fuck.
this,, they just have some serious longevity and ridiculous recovery rate
>>
>>19494133
So if silver works because of its antimicrobial properties, wouldn't copper be better?
>>
another good weapon against them is psychosis medication for some reason

but it comes with a severe drawback, you have to not be a pussy in order to keep taking them
>>
>>19496254
Vampires are susceptible, the phenomenon is closely related.
>>19497707
you might be onto something here.
>>
You're supposed to find his second skin and burn it.
>>
>>19494133
Why not wood chipper?
>>
>>19494205
Alive by no head?
What about acid?
Alive but puddle of goo?
Ash but alive.
Subatomic particles scattered throughout the universe
>>
>>19496520
So if you tried to hold up a mountain with a werewolves bady it would hold because the wolf man body won't get crushed ?if you use a werewolf as a shield would the shield be invouneralble to everything except silver? Do they still feel pain? What about a heart attack if you were to like cram bacon in a wolf man's mouth for months nonstop would he die? What about drowning? Are werewolves able to breath underwater? What about in the vacuum of space? Do they not need air? Can you freeze them? If you encase them in molten lead will they live forever as a statue. Would they be aware of being a statue?
>>
File: 1345464734576854.jpg (13KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1345464734576854.jpg
13KB, 236x236px
>>19499044
Was he shot by a silver arrow/bullet or stabbed with a silver knife/sword?
I'll even accept if he rolled a natural one and accidentally drank a potion out of a silver goblet. Hell, I'll take it if he rolls less than a 15 on a perception check.
But unless any of those things happened, he is alive in some hellish form of existence until he rolls enough natural twenties to regenerate.
You could potentially delay his regeneration if you're creative enough, you may actually live to die of old age before he even has one arm regenerated.
But sooner or later he'll be back, and maybe the next person will do the job right and bring along a silver golf club and smack him in the fucking jaw.
>>
File: 1501166903238.jpg (535KB, 1215x873px) Image search: [Google]
1501166903238.jpg
535KB, 1215x873px
>>19493736
Nah
Put a big enough bullet in its chest/head and its down
Its basically a big skinny bear
>>
>>19493736
>but to what extent?
It's the only thing that hurts them. Negates regeneration, basically. They're still ferocious monsters, and there's few things scarier than a wounded werewolf, so you better make sure to put them down fast.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.