[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I came for a book about Fairies someone posted the link to last year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: encyclopediaoffa00brig_0301.jpg (495KB, 1300x2118px) Image search: [Google]
encyclopediaoffa00brig_0301.jpg
495KB, 1300x2118px
Last year someone dumped a big list of free books online all about the Good People. In this collection was one book in particular that I'm looking for, the premise of which aimed to tie Fairies to UFOs (among other things). Specifically, according to the book, Fairies are UFOs who now choose to manifest as technologically advanced beings since we live in a tech-obsessed age. However, they are not quite Fairies or Aliens. They live in the Unconscious, and so they are sometimes evil, sometimes good, and sometimes ambivalent.
If anyone knows what book I'm talking about, I would much appreciate it if you could provide the title for me.

Also, general Faerie thread. I've heard some great stories on this board in the past. Please share.
>>
File: gentleman.jpg (35KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
gentleman.jpg
35KB, 500x322px
>last year
Fucking hell, I have no clue, but I'll bump for you. I love stocking up with more fairy lore.

I never finished it, but it sounds a bit like what John Keel was addressing in The Mothman Prophecies.

Personally, I like the notion that fairies are passing themselves off as aliens. Seems like something they'd do. They kind of like fucking with humans.
>>
>>19493436
I remember the thread but don't remember the book, sorry.
>>
>>19493466
>>19493475

Appreciate you posting regardless. W.B. Yeats wrote a great book compiling some popular stories, plus some stories that were told to him, and it's available for streaming and download.

https://archive org/details/FairyAndFolkTalesOfIreland

That aside, any stories anybody is willing to share would be great.
>>
File: cover.jpg (229KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
229KB, 450x675px
>>19493436

There are a couple of books that fit that description. Probably the most significant is Jacques Vallee's "Passport to Magonia" ("Dimensions: A Casebook of Alien Contact" is essentially this book and "UFOs: The Psychic Solution" combined into a single book).

All of John Keel's books show the connections between aliens, fairies, elves, angels, demons, djinn, and even gods as being just various masks of what he calls "ultraterrestrials."

"The Faery Faith: An Integration of Science with Spirit" by Serena Roney-Dougal also has some interesting speculations along those lines.
>>
File: 1464231402523.gif (28KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
1464231402523.gif
28KB, 800x578px
>>19494130
I'm checking these out right now. They seem cool, but don't include the book I'm looking for, from what I've seen.
>>
>>19494130
'Interdimensional hypothesis'
>>
>>19494367

Keel's "superspectrum" theory is about electro-magnetic frequencies and has nothing to do with "dimensions"... or "parallel universes" either. And yes, those are two different things.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.