[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions about Tulpas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png (143KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking_Face_Emoji_grande.png
143KB, 600x600px
I will start by saying that I do not wish to create one of these things. I know they can be very dangerous and many who have ended up regretting at some point. Regardless, I still find this subject fascinating and with to learn more about them. And what better place to search for answers than /x/?

For those who dont know a Tulpa is supposedly a sentient entity which someone creates with their mind that can supposedly think and act independently. (kinda like an imaginary friend)

But to what extent is this true? All of it? None of it? Some of it?

I have always been fascinated by the idea of sentience and what it means to be sentient. Science isn't even sure, and I believe these entities are key to finding the answer. So here are a few questions.

1. Are they really their own beings? They are really separate conscious entities, or are they just an extension of the hosts mind?

2. While it is clear that the host can control what they look like, can they control what they think? Can the host decide the tulpas personality traits and opinions?

3. How much knowledge are they born with? Do they need to learn about the world in the same way we do, or do they already possess all the knowledge the host has accumulated? And because they are a part of the host, can the host keep secrets from them?

4. Do they see everything the host sees? And if so how do they do this? Is it like looking out of a window or is it more like a VR headset?

5. Just how perceptive are they? Can they see things the host cannot? If the host was asleep could they remain "awake" and watch over the room and see things they host cannot? (like a security camera)

6. How intelligent are they? Is there intelligence limited to the hosts intelligence? Can they become more intelligent?

7. Will the Tulpa always remain loyal to the host? Could they become malicious and work to ruin your life?

8. I heard that a Tulpa can possess a person like a spirit. If true, could they take the hosts place?
>>
>>19493073
A lot of questions I know but these are things I must know. A friend of mine is trying to create one and I want to be sure he isnt in any danger.

Or maybe this is all bullshit? Maybe those who claim to have created tulpas are either schizophrenic or just losers desperate for attention. If the latter please let me know so that I wont need to worry.
>>
I'm an expert by no means, but I'll try to answer.

1. This is an unconfirmed matter that's up to much debate but from what I gather they're sees tidally both

2. They can, but the tulpa can change these later on. It's still posisble of course for the host to force them to comply but this is looked at as unethical by the tulpamancer community.

3. They posses any knowledge that the host gives them and already have. The host can keep secrets but I imagine it would require a strong mind.

4. Yes, the exact way varies.

5. Supposedly they can but I personally doubt that.

6. Likely limited by the host's capacity.

7. Well, supposedly they can become malicious but this is very unlikely and they can't actually do anything to harm the host and the host could easily stop them. There are some who claim otherwise but they're clearly lunatics

8. They can possess the host yes, a switching of consciousness of sorts where the tulpa becomes in control and the host becomes the tulpa. The host still has superior comtrol however so they could switch back and the tulpa couldn't do anything in opposition to the host

No one knows if it's just bullshit honestly. But either way there's no danger lol
>>
>>19493096
*essentialy both
>>
Never heard of these "Tulpas". What are they and what can they do ? Can't avoid to think about Jojo's Bizarre Adventure "Stands" (physical manifestations of your soul)
>>
>>19493118
Basically imaginary friends on quality steroids. Supposedly have their own seperate consciousness and whatnot
>>
>>19493096
Fascinating, though I dont see why the community has a problem with forcing personality traits on the Tulpa. From what I understand, people create these things to act as the ideal companion in their lives. And if it is a part of you then why not?

As the feminists would say, "my body my choice."
>>
File: mrrobot_s2_cast_christian-slater.jpg (562KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mrrobot_s2_cast_christian-slater.jpg
562KB, 2560x1440px
>>19493118
If you have seen it, there is a TV show called "Mr. Robot." Christian Slater's character is what I would imagine a Tulpa to be like if they exist.
>>
>>19493073
Oh and one more question, if the Tulpa managed to take over the host, could they take their place? Could they live in our society? Is there a way to recognize a Tulpa?
>>
Have you tried to talk with yourself like asking questions with your mind voice? Have you done retarded gestures while thinking out loud but alone? It's lika a tulpa of yourself and a lot of people do it and don't even know. Now you grab that ability and train yourself to create an other entity to be able to use that voice and you can set a personality for it and a visual behaviour as well. So instead of talking with your usual mindvoice or you starting to make random gestures for no reason while thinking out loud, your imagination will express that voice visually through many physical details like appearance behaviour sound etc. It actually feels good when you have a tulpa and you will look less autistic.
>>
>>19493144
Is this a spoiler?
>>
>>19493306
Shit, forgot a lot of people haven't seen the show yet. For most fans this is old news. Just forget you ever read that.
>>
>>19493329
So Mr. Robot is like Hacker Fight Club?
>>
>>19493303
So you are saying my sub continence is another person. It would make sense, but if I was to follow your instructions wouldn't I lose control of my mind?
>>
>>19493329
Meh it's the internet, spoilers happen.
>>
>>19493349
Yeah, he is essentially Tyler Durden.
>>
I have a godform. She predicted multiple things for me. She used to tell me what certain people would say in conversation and how to respond. If a godform is real and can interact and predict things, then a tulpa must be real too.

I am working on a tulpa too, but she is just a babby.
>>
File: obama-twerking-putin.jpg (35KB, 300x377px) Image search: [Google]
obama-twerking-putin.jpg
35KB, 300x377px
>>19493364
Noob

>>19493073
Mine started as an extension of me but I found a way to mold it with energy and eventually have it find it's own energy.

The second I formed in a militant fashion. This way it knows it's role as subordinate. I fed this one human blood once. Oohhh, the tingles were great for that.

Since then, I've been working on big ones that can hurt even me. To save the earth from our disease
>>
>>19493406
Why did you call me a noob?
>>
File: faf[1].png (516KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
faf[1].png
516KB, 600x600px
>>19493356
No but you unconsciously ask for help inside (when you start talking to yourself out loud and realise that just a bit later). By training you will be asking your tulpa for opinions when you want even if unconsciously and it can also happen to be interrupted by your tulpa as well. But the tulpa wont bother you if you really don't want. I call this being awake and conscious. Only if you are in a drowsy state like dreaming you might have some weird uncontrollable situations just like having a nightmare, it just happens. But if you know when you are in that state you wont be afraid of anything and rather excited to be able to interact with the tulpa for good things.

Besides most non /trash/ type tulpamancers don't talk about it or post it because they are serious about it and since the whole thing is very subjective its hard to make it have sense for others before being shut down as shitposting. Also there is nothing to progress in tulpamancing by roleplaying shit on an chinese imageboard forum and carving for attention with it.

>>19493364
Reminded me of this. How did you godform anyway?
>>
>>19493412
I just wanted to illicit a response and use your energy to measure you
>>
>>19493447
What do you mean by noob? Do you mean I'm not good at Counter-Strike? Because I used to be #1 in a server with thousands of regulars.
>>
>>19493447
>4chan in a nutshell
>>
File: 1454309169813.png (200KB, 492x341px) Image search: [Google]
1454309169813.png
200KB, 492x341px
>>19493364
>Limited to Godforms
>>
>>19493572
I'm not limited to godforms. I talked to demons and agreed to meet them in real life.
>>
File: 1491483393005.gif (2MB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
1491483393005.gif
2MB, 400x274px
>>19493583
>Hasn't communed with the metaverse
>Hasn't summoned an elder god
>Agreed to meet a demon in person
I hope you like owl dick Soltas is going to fuck you up.
>>
>>19493635
I was soulmates with God for 40 billion years.
>>
>>19493666
Fuck off Satan!
>>
How do you even make one? I read all sorts of stuff on how to make up their personality and stuff but nothing on how to actually get started.
>>
>>19493747
Not sure. Some anons have posted guides in the past but I dare not read them. It is possible to create a tulpa on accident, which I would rather avoid.
>>
>>19493747
>find the mind voice
>realise how the mind voice can interact with you
>start feeling the mindvoice that is kinda separated from you and someone else
>focus on that feeling and think of it like a neutral base soul for a tulpa
>focus on forming that base form into a thing with traits and reason to exist
>realise that you can interact with your mindvoice and you don't even have to start anything for it to exist
>notice when your pre-tulpa sometimes disagrees with your point of view (exactly like what happens with normal mindvoice) and focus on why and what reasons for disagreement
>when you eventually feel you are being successful with something new in your progress, focus on that as a confirmation that the tulpa has more and more sentience and independent thought since the tulpa will grow cognitively faster then a normal human because it's using your mindvoice as a baseline (which sometimes is more wise then you because of detachment)
>the important detail for development and maintenance is to make the whole process flow from your intuition, what is filtered from the flow of intuition deriving from the traits and personality of the tulpa, is your tulpa sort of

On other note tulpamancing is just advanced social interaction prediction you do when you think deep into possibilities and outcomes of social interactions based on the memories of individuals you have on your memory mised all up that you don't even realise. It's the same principle that makes you realise a friend of yours is not himself that morning that hes acting weird. An other detail could be that a lot of storywriters have characters from their stories as tulpas and they dont even know it. This is because if they try they can have conversations with their characters, which would make them tulpas. The authors wont stop and think what the character would say, they just know exactly what they would say (intuition).
>>
>>19493833
in old threads I remember reading a lot about the dangers of forcing it to talk and such, should only just talk to yourself as if there was someone there and wait for a response.

is this a better or worse method? my grasp with spiritual things has always been poor. and how does one go about visualizing the tulpa, assuming they got to the point of response? is it doable for a beginner?
>>
>>19494239
In theory, the right brain and the left brain activities are separated and they communicate with each other by crossing information. In epilepsy patients was done a treatment that they had to separate both to fix the epilepsy. Now there were patients that had stuff happening, it was tested later as well, their left hand would move on its own (from their attention perspective) disagreeing with the right hand for example. The conclusion is that the left and the right brain could be separate consciousnesses that worked together.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_consciousness#Alien_Hand_Syndrome

But that is just for inspiration.

First of all you see this spiritually or non-spiritually?
Because spiritually finding trouble with tulpas is silly. That way you think you created someone else and an other separate consciousness? That doesn't make sense spiritually because [spoiler: we are all one consciousness :spoiler]. So spiritually there is nothing wrong.
Non-spiritually, are you afraid of yourself? If you are afraid of your mindvoice you really need some psychological help or maybe you have schiz. If not I don't see a problem at all.

You force your tulpa and so on just like you are helping someone recover from something like a 20 year coma. Your tulpa traits and personality gains form and it's an analogy for the tulpa soul. Then your mindvoice is just your tulpa body to be able to live. The body is sort how your tulpa gets a mouth to be able to speak. With no body your tulpa wont be able to speak.
This is the idea behind and working on these analogies and your feelings is how you work in tulpamancy. So forcing is just a way of doing physiotherapy with your tulpa, because you know your tulpa needs to be taught how to use the body.

If you want better help with this you can drop a Discord contact or something I help you directly with progress. Just because makes me cringe to think you can ask for help in /trash/.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.