[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I overcome my fear of death?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: new-earth-light.jpg (549KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
new-earth-light.jpg
549KB, 1600x1600px
How do I overcome my fear of death?
>>
>>19490189
By making peace with the fact that is inevitable and a lot of people did it before you and a lot of people will do it after you.
>>
File: 1502503278284s.jpg (2KB, 88x125px) Image search: [Google]
1502503278284s.jpg
2KB, 88x125px
Try it
>>
>>19490189
When you are, death is not. When death is, you are not.
>>
It's going to happen no matter what, even if humans discover immortality, you will die to something eventually. Imagine that death is probably just like a dreamless sleep, when you don't dream, it's not bad right?
>>
>>19490189

We're all trying to figure that out. I wish you luck
>>
Learn to be an edgy faggot who hates themselves so much that they don't care if they live or die. Of course when it actually happens you'll still be scared, but until then it'll be jokes and denial.
>>
File: John5.24.jpg (100KB, 1200x629px) Image search: [Google]
John5.24.jpg
100KB, 1200x629px
>>19490189

Jesus Christ
>>
File: 250px-tridevi-39b7c403.png (200KB, 250x330px) Image search: [Google]
250px-tridevi-39b7c403.png
200KB, 250x330px
>>19490189
To stop existing at death, you would have to have started existing at birth/conception. How could such a thing be possible? You were created from the absolute nothingness and given a whole entire human life? And then back to nothingness? What the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>19490189
Detachment

Relative to eternity, you're always-already dead. And always-already alive. It's metaphysics I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
Smonk weed and forget about death
>>
The years after you die are the same as the years before you were born.
>>
Are you afraid now of the position you were in before you were born? If not, there is no reason to be afraid of death.
I think it's essential to overcome the fear, as it is irrational. We all die, it's part of our lives.
>>
>>19490202
>2080
>die
>immortality discovered the next day
>>
>>19490189
realize that matter cant be created nor destroyed

your consciousness wont evaporate, but it will change
>>
You were giving life. You roamed the earth and took resources from it to live.

1 day you'll give back your body to the earth and other creatures who inhabit it.

Or you can be a prick and crimate yourself while literally destroying what is left of you.
>>
>>19490189
Mushrooms
>>
>>19490189
400ug LSD
just enough to kill your ego
>>
confront it and find in a way to live that allows you to greet and welcome death as an old friend.
>>
By gassing yourself
>>
>>19490539
Yeah well its pretty damn expensive to get buried in a plot now a days so.
>>
>>19491329
I'm interested further in this.
I can kill my ego?
>>
>>19491616
Absolutely, just take enough of one of the classical psychedelics (I recommend LSD). Make the dose high enough that you can't hold on anymore.
>>
>>19490453
Even if biological immortality is discovered, and then provided to you death would still be inevitable at one point or another.

Death is inescapable, to fear that which is inescapable only pollutes the time you have left on this Earth.
>>
File: accept_life_after_death.png (100KB, 398x295px) Image search: [Google]
accept_life_after_death.png
100KB, 398x295px
>>19490189
How do I overcome my fear of living?

We will never know how it is to be born and live, I mean, we are totally nothing and we dont even realise our consciousness, suddenly we are born start living being aware of ourselves and forced to experience reality around us out of fucking nowhere? This shit is fucking scary because I was never born while being dead and after being born there is no turning back to tell about it.

.. or is it?
>>
By accepting Jesus in your life.
>>
Realize death is just like how things were before you were born. You came from the unknown and you'll go back to the unknown.
>>
>>19490189

Read the Epic of Gilgamesh
>>
>>19491616
>I can kill my ego?

nope, it's a meme made by schizos.
>>
>>19491673
not op but what strikes fear into me is not death itself, but rather the fact that I didn't make the most out of the life I had.

I could've been/done much more, yet I have not.

Basically, I've wasted resources and opportunities many people didn't have, and I have nothing to show for it.

That failure is much more damning and fearsome than death itself.
>>
File: Its time.jpg (501KB, 1000x1211px) Image search: [Google]
Its time.jpg
501KB, 1000x1211px
>>19490189
Convince yourself about the afterlife

I believe that I will get transported to the anime world and finally meet my waifu
>>
File: smoke.jpg (87KB, 556x720px) Image search: [Google]
smoke.jpg
87KB, 556x720px
>>19490189
Realize there is no death.
>>
>>19490189
Face your fears head on and die.
>>
>>19491827
This. The truth is, every time you go to sleep you die. Somebody wakes up thinking they are you.
>>
>>19490189
by truly living
>>
>>19491853
Oh wow, I remember this fucking me up when I was like 15.
>>
>>19491883
This shit fucks me up everynight
>>
>>19490189
Remember that eventually everyone you know will die so it can't be that bad.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.