[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite deity and why? Any pantheon. Go.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: 1485637130553.jpg (73KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1485637130553.jpg
73KB, 360x480px
What's your favorite deity and why? Any pantheon. Go.
>>
File: 1503464994197.jpg (46KB, 431x580px) Image search: [Google]
1503464994197.jpg
46KB, 431x580px
this mother fucker.

magnificent.
>>
Apollon desu I have an altar dedicated to him
It took years before I noticed that he is in some way related to everything of importance in my life, archery, music/art, science and medicine, health and to an extent physical fitness, divination, the crow raven snake and dolphin are among animals sacred to him, heck one of his sons was the og beekeeper according to mythology, heck the list goes on.

Hes been calling to me pretty much my whole life, I don't know why it took so long to realize it
>>
>>19489775
Whatever that one is looks badass.
>>
File: 1473045097318.png (865KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473045097318.png
865KB, 1136x640px
>>19489775
The All encompassing One (God), and Kronos/Saturn.
>>
>>19489775
The trickster pagan god
>>
>>19489960
Sophia blasted Saturn's ass.
>>
Anubis is my bro
>>
I am looking for the most absurd deity there is. Either a deity that represents absurdity or is just rather absurd in and of itself.
Any ideas?
>>
>>19491970
Try google.
>>
File: vajrayogini1.jpg (583KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
vajrayogini1.jpg
583KB, 1000x1414px
>>19489775
Vajrayogini
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (849KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
849KB, 320x240px
>>19491978
>>
I don't know.

Most weird/interesting one known by the normies : Hephaistos, greek good of smithing. It is written in Greek mythology that he builded mechas (Talos) and gynoids. How could ancient Greeks imagine mechas and gynoids ?
They must have seen some of them.

Another underestimated god : Hermes. Courier and messager of the Olympians. Protectors of merchants, travelers and thieves (so greek god of the Internet). Faster than the Flash, but with a magic sword.
>>
My dark grandmother, told of in stories surrounded by Ravens, and thin like she is starving.

She is a widow, a drone, a crazy person. She has no status, or care for status. Her hair is matted, and her heir failed to conceive.

She lives in dark months, in cities with only fast food employment. Her hands quiver with illness that she uses all tools to treat.

Her heart is heartbroken, because she sought out nothingness. Her moon haired lover, abandoned her at the end.

She's all widows, sometimes out of need. And her name is smoke-honey, like a southeast barbeque. Her delight is as arising, from every fight ensued. To some she is delight, but only tear filled eyes see her, only shivering half naked bodies. She is all that remains of Sati. A woman made to burn herself by her father. To the dismay of all.

I'm broke, trans, not vegetarian, I was a child when I was married. To a man who was a predator.
As her smoke gave me wrinkles, I saw her screaming form in the words that danced from tongue to ear and back.

When I left I had nothing. And then I had everything that I needed.
Free from adversary, free from separateness but I still hurt.

I still need to drink, and to have sex. It's the basis of reality.
>>
Mother Earth. I can talk to her when I take acid or shrooms. Always do drugs outside kids
>>
File: moonchild crowned.jpg (316KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
moonchild crowned.jpg
316KB, 700x700px
>>19489775
Sophia, the eldest goddess of the ancient mystery schools, highest emanation of the divine feminine in this universe (Barbelo is the true highest when including the outer Pleroma)

all other goddess are built on her archetype, all culminating with the iconography of the Virgin Mary with the cultic aspects of the pagan title of Queen of Heaven

the serpent seen also in the Minoan goddess cults, the dove and tree of Asherah, the moon and veil of Selene, the throne and child of Isis, the chalice of Babalon, all symbols derived from Sophia

Sophia is Wisdom incarnate and thus the most logical deity for the Wise-ones, the Witan, she is the Queen of the Witches, she is Lady Hulda of the Germanic night sky guiding the ghosts and spirits of the dead to the after life

once I discovered all these connections and her place at the crux of all goddess archetypes, I understood that Gnosticism bridged the imaginary gap between "paganism" and "the Abrahamic faiths", I realized the Christ and the Magdalene were emissaries of this message of ancient truth before their philosophy was warped into a tool of segregation and oppression

everything is pagan and the Marian family were what some would call witches engaging in a lifelong ritual working to try to bring back the power and majesty of the Holy Spirit into the world

Christ was not a member of the Cult of Yahweh, but a messenger of El Elyon, the God Most High, the Universal Monad

pretty important goddess
>>
Isalein Kore, The Vision..for her beauty and oraclic powers.
>>
>>19490008
Mah nigga.
Bastet used to be my patron god when I was a kid, but it's Anubis now that I'm older. I'd really like to get a job in funerary services, so I've been building an altar to get his blessings.
>>
Anybody here played SMITE, the MOBA?
That was the shit.

Also, Ymir seems like a real chill guy.
>>
Janus by far.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.