[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most obvious pseudoscience book /x/ has read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: mysteriousbook.jpg (63KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
mysteriousbook.jpg
63KB, 500x332px
The writer must be taking themselves seriously.

Genre: New Age - Healing - Mysticism

>inb4 any religious books
>>
The cure to all diseases is pretty stupid
>>
The fundamentals of thought.
By L.Ron Hubbard.
I couldn't bare to open dianetics
oh and "the secret"

horrible
>>
File: dmt-chronicles.jpg (45KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
dmt-chronicles.jpg
45KB, 324x500px
>DMT Chronicles

My friend told me about this and he thought it was real from some of the short paragraphs he had read online.

I bought it and about three fourth's of the way through I realized the entire thing was likely works of fiction mixed in with science and Erowid trip reports mixed in with more fiction.
>>
>>19486913
The Woman with the Alabaster Jar. It had some interesting stuff in it, but was so ruined by feminist bullshit it was hard to get through.
>>
Origin on species
>>
the bible

ayyyyyyyy

ok ill leave now
>>
>>19486913
Uhhh...You know there is such a thing as New Age religions right? Do you also know that mysticism is a major aspect of pretty much every religion and played instrumental roles in their founding? New Age religions are primarily just Organized Religions that haven't been around very long. Christianity was a New Age religion in its day.
>>
anything crowley
>>
File: crystals.jpg (76KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
crystals.jpg
76KB, 759x500px
>>19486913
I was at the beach one day and my friend had these rocks and a book.
It was talking about how certain crystals or rocks give off energy.
He tried selling crystals to our group of friends, most people didn't buy.

I personally didn't believe it but he seemed really into it, not sure if that counts and I also don't know the name of the book, sorry.

>>19488824
>the most obvious pseudoscience book
They're not shitting on new age, they're just looking for books that were so over the top that no one could believe it.

>>19488789
>inb4 any religious books
>>
>>19486913
BIBLE XDDDDDDDDDDDD HAHAHHAA ROFL LMAO HEHHEHEHEHE <4
>>
Guns, Germs, and Steel.
>>
An italian book on astrology. It was written by this journalist who collected lots of data (accidents, disease, etc) and noticed patterns like which signs suffer more from accidents, cancer, deafness...

Most of his claims were baseless, although in one section he was giving character traits to each sign, and i must say he guessed some of mine
>>
File: lolol.gif (2MB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
lolol.gif
2MB, 460x258px
>>19488824
>New Age religions are primarily just Organized Religions that haven't been around very long
>>
>>19494095
Information like that if true would be priceless.
>>
>>19486913
I didn't read "the secret" but my mom forced my whole family to watch the movie. Mind you back then I was like 14 and had very little occult experience, without having read a single book on it, but I still knew it was a half-baked rendition of some idiot's limited understanding of the law of attraction.
>>
File: Ragecopy.png (235KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ragecopy.png
235KB, 582x600px
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot

>Yes, our universe is like a hologram
>and this friend of mine has powers
>literally sees small webms of the lives of people by merely concentrating on them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.