[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A long time ago, someone gave me this weird coin. I misplaced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: STRANGECOINCREEPY.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
STRANGECOINCREEPY.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
A long time ago, someone gave me this weird coin. I misplaced it for a while but I recently got my hands on it. He told me it was coin for flipping in the Pokemon Card Game but it's got the same symbol on both sides. I don't recognize it, but it seems vaguely... Masonic? I figured /x/ would be the best place to get intel on this strange trinket.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (273KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
273KB, 1080x1440px
>>
>>19485869
Well, it's a start, I suppose. It's probably just some stupid arcade token or something. Just thought I recognized the symbol from something spooky, you know?
>>
>>19485844
Looks like a Pokemon coin
>>
>>19485891
I want to say it is, but Pokemon coins are usually designed to be flipped for heads or tails, and it has the same symbol on both sides, making it useless for a coin flip. While the symbol resembles a Pokeball, the line that would separate the top and bottom halves instead splits it into a third and a two-third section. It just doesn't make any sense!
>>
>>19485963
maybe it use to have image taped on one side, who gave it to you, cause i gave one of those away a while ago. AFAIK it was just a pokemon coin.
>>
>>19486014
I don't remember. It was a real long time ago. I remember he laughed with his gang of hoodlums or whatever they were when he got back to them.
>>
>>19486035
>gang of hoodlums

What century are you from?
>>
>>19485844

Means you can join the faceless men now.
Valar Morgulis.
>>
>>19486067
It's a weird way to describe 'em I guess. They just seemed like general riff-raff. Layabouts, maybe? I'm not the ghost of some 19th century traveling medicine salesman, if you that's what you mean to ask.
>>
>>19486084
that sounds like something the ghost of a 19th century medicine salesman would say if you ask me!
>>
>>19485844
Strange. I have the same coin lying around my house somewhere. Also got it from some random person handing it to me. I'll have to see if I can find it
>>
>>19486088
Nonsense and frippery, my good man! But if you're interested, I do have a recipe for healing elixirs that could treat any malaise from rheumatism to typhoid...
>>
>>19485844
it reminds me of pokemon if it's aluminum i'll bet it was apart of a game, on the side I think it looks like the layout for burningman.
>>
>>19486107
>On the side it looks like the Layout for Burningman
Oh shit, yeah, I see that, sort of. It looks more like a bathroom stall sign man praising the sun, to me.
>>
>>19485844
Not masonic, to my knowledge. Looks like a highway toll token or something.
>>
File: IMG_0659.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0659.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
Ok, related story.

So in the 90s some older cousins of mine had some sort of exclusive club that they'd branded with this logo. I remember reading their pamphlet but I wasn't able to join their club.

I'd occasionally stop and see this logo (or versions similar) in random places, like a decal stuck to a sign etcetera. It was very similar to the Rogue Squadron logo, but I recall it being a bird head. Google of 'pheonix logo' will get a bunch of similar results.

Anyway a car bought in the early 2000s had this logo faintly scuffed into the back of a compartment. Invisible most of the time, but shining a light into it showed this design in the plastic.

Always boggled the fuck out of me. What the fuck was with this logo being everywhere? Were my cousins bird-masons or something? There were weird 'cool kid clubs' in the 90s that wanted your money for exclusivity, before the internet sort of changed culture.
>>
>>19486356
thats star wars you dog
>>
>>19485844
Judging by the amount of wear on it.... A Pog slammer?
>>
File: Ruger-logo.jpg (108KB, 1011x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-logo.jpg
108KB, 1011x1118px
>>19486356
Maybe they liked Ruger firearms?
>>
File: rogue_squadron_logo.jpg (84KB, 313x312px) Image search: [Google]
rogue_squadron_logo.jpg
84KB, 313x312px
>>19486356
>It was very similar to the Rogue Squadron logo,
>>
Doing some research, no exact matches, there are several similar shapes in ancient symbols though
>>
Symbol for summoning the demon Aciel is kinda similar
>>
>>19486824
>The God Burner
I don't like it, Anon.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.