[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychedelics, doors to another universe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

So /x/, what's your opinion on pyschedelics? Is there anything paranormal to them, any truth to those profound experiences and realisations during the trips? Is it all just a messed up brain tripping really hard, or might there be more?
>>
>>19485346
Idk but every time I have done salvia (3 times) and everyone who has done it with me has felt that they have "lived another life". No other way to describe it. Your current reality melts away and you experience a new life as yourself but with a different family, different friends, different memories that you've built up over your entire life. Then you're virtually torn away from that alternative perception and are thrust back into your "normal" life. I also tried to fly/save the world on shrooms once, can share that story if anyone wants.
>>
>>19485469
Salvia scares the shit out of me. I've never done it but I've had flashes while drifting off to sleep where I was another person and I was desperately clinging on to my real self. Please tell me more about salvia.
>>
>>19485469
Is it possible to try Salvia alone or will I freak out and kill someone? Kek. I don't have anyone to watch me but I want to have the experience.
>>
>>19485485
Sure.
>First time doing it
>16-17 years old
>Chilling in bedroom of house that I'd lived in for years with about 4 other high school friends.
>We have 1 bong so we take turns and trip one at a time.
>I go first.
>Take a massive hit, hold it in for as long as I can
>Walls of the room around me quite literally melt away like icecream.
>I'm in a new room sitting in the same spot relative to friends
>Instead of 4 friends sitting around there are 2 on my bed
>A boy and a girl, I've never seen them before but in this state I recognize that I have known them for a long time and they are my friends
>They look at me with concern "Anon, are you okay?"
>I can't say anything, just feel very strange and start to get scared because it feels 100% real.
>The friends start getting more concerned and reach towards me.
>This world begins melting away and I feel literally torn from that reality, like a movie where I'm reaching for them and they're reaching for me.
>Back in my room with normal friends.
>>
>>19485515
That shit sounds 2spooky4me. It seems unholy. No intoxication. Just pure unreality.
>>
>>19485487
I really wouldn't do it alone for my first time...
To feel anything significant you would have to take a good dose and that can be freaky... The greentext I shared was the most chill salvia experience... My friend who did it with me for her first time many years later pretty much had a psychotic break for a good minute. Ran around the apartment screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs around midnight. That's an interesting story lol.
>>
>>19485527
Did she ever say what she was screaming about?
>>
>>19485524
>It seems unholy. No intoxication. Just pure unreality.

EXACTLY... I've done LSD, mushrooms, DMT, some experimental 2c-whatever shit.... nothing is like Salvia.
How I would describe the difference is that all of the other hallucinogens (mushrooms, LSD, etc.) change the way that you see the world around you. i.e. shapes distorting, colors shifting, world breathing, etc. Salvia takes you to a completely different reality instead of warping your current one... Very strange.
>>
>>19485529
Well... She took the hit while sitting on my bed, I'm sitting at computer chair.
>She gets a blank look in her eyes, 1000 yard stare
>Proceeds to fall backwards onto the bed and start giggling then laughing very hard
>Laughter stop abruptly
>Sits up rigid straight, looks at me, still weird looks in her eyes
>"Where am I?" Starts screaming "AAHH" as loud as she can, no lie
>Me trying to calm her down, it's okay, you're fine, etc.
>She runs through apartment for a good minute and a half non-stop screaming, then finally notices me, I'm literally holding her by her shoulders not shaking her but yeah
>Calms down...
So... for what she saw...
>>
>>19485529
She said that she first saw a hallway in front of her with doors on both the left and right-hand sides.
>She opened one door and it opened into a glimpse of a "different life".
>She recognized the focus of the glimpse or snapchat was her... Not her as who she is right now but her "soul" or whatever in a different, much younger body surrounded by a different family.
>She moved on to another door and she saw a different version of herself now as a young teenager with friends.
>She walked down the hallway and eventually came to the end of it.
>It opened up into a massive chamber in the center of which was a spinning sphere covered with different snapshots of her life
>Different moments and times of her life that she recognized and others that she had never seen before.
>The sphere was spinning and was covered by different moments of her souls' journey - or whatever the fuck you want to call it
>She started to feel the sphere pulling/sucking her towards
>She was about to be sucked in but she said I appeared out of one of the walls of the hallway and pulled her into the wall from where I appeared.
Yeah idk... she was never religious at all and NEVER believed in past lives, reincarnation, or any kind of afterlife. This one experience made her consider that there might be something more to it all.
>>
>>19485579
>snapchat
... wow, *snapshot*
>>
>>19485469
the first time I smoked salvia I was not prepared for it, was the first time I experienced complete ego death. The only thing I remember is when coming back thinking and saying aloud to myself (i was alone in my room) WHO AM i? this kinda grounded me and I started recognizing my surroundings and came back eventually.
>>
>>19485346
So, my own take on it is this;

Consciousness is a sort of energy. Kind of like the force. It flows through all living things and without it the universe wouldnt exist (almost like a "tree falls in the woods" sense).

That same force is what perpetuates time, life, consciousness, emotion, reality etc.

And we can only experience it as consciousness because we're limited beings. However, when we take psychedelics, we can move up and experience it in its other forms.

Its the same force that we refer to as God
>>
>>19485487
Yeah I wouldn't try salvia alone. It can easily go south, and is truly bizarre. Even compared to DMT.
DMT you can try alone, Its certainly intense, but its very often a pleasant experience. DMT can go a tad south definitely, but when it does, it always has a message behind it. Only times i'v had a south experience was when I was doing it to often (multiple days) In this way, I felt the DMT entities were telling me that I was not appreciating the experiences and so they felt disrespected.

On topic for the thread, I certainly feel psychedelics are a window into the spiritual world that exists around us. DMT obviously the most encompassing and immediate, LSD more like an ability to become more in tune with our spiritual self. These states mirror states one can achieve from meditation. They are more like a short cuts to an intense meditative experiences.
It's undoubtedly much more satisfying to reach such states from meditation, being able to ease into and explore your consciousness from a completely sober sate of mind is the most beneficial. But these drugs offer a quick glimpse into what can be achieved naturally. The spiritual world exists all around us always, these are just means of reconnecting with it. Whether you want a glimpes (using drugs) or to become truly integrated (through meditation, and sober spiritual development)
>>
>>19485515
Interesting trip dude I have done salvia 3 times and each one was much more alien than that, my consciousness was contained inside of entire buildings, infinite staircases, different bodies, weird shit like that. Salvia does have that visceral quality that makes it feel so real, it is like your consciousness temporarily tuned into a different frequency of reality through chemical stimulation
>>
>>19485346

I don't think psychedelics are the truth, but I think they're in some sense a window into the truth and in a different sense a crutch
>>
they're a rollercoaster for your brain
don't believe shit while on them
>>
>>19485636
Salvialand feels more real than this reality, thats the most disturbing part.
>>
no fucken doubt about it! dmt (read the spirit molocule) can induce these effects and i honestly think that our conciousness traverses to the other many infinite universes for those split seconds.
>>
>>19485524
>2spooky4me. It seems unholy
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>19486369
I'll beat you to a pulp if you call me a faggot again.
>>
>>19487017
Sorry man, no offense meant
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.