[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astrology is the oldest science. It simply works and deniers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: Ancient-Astrologers.jpg (157KB, 922x630px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient-Astrologers.jpg
157KB, 922x630px
Astrology is the oldest science. It simply works and deniers are blind. Here's some counter-counter-arguments:

"The constellations aren't even stars that are next to each other!"
"The constellations have changed through the years! Nowadays we would need 13 signs!"

This attributes a magical property to the alleged shape of the stars in our sky. No magician ever believed such a thing.

This is like a flat earther "disproving" globe earth by pointing out that "north" "east" south" are all invented. There is no cardinal direction in the real world. But it doesn't matter, its just there for convenience.

There's a need for 12 signs, 12 houses. The constellations were invented afterwards, to simbolize the general direction of stuff in the cosmos. Change it however you wish, but mantain the 12 houses/signs and their symbols.

> Ptolemy decisively explained the theoretical basis of the western zodiac as being a tropical coordinate system, by which the zodiac is aligned to the equinoxes and solstices, rather than the visible constellations that bear the same names as the zodiac signs.

"How can stars far away affect us so deeply?"

Again, the stars of the constellations do not matter. Planets, the Moon and the freaking Sun DO have a measurable gravitational impact on Earth. Also, Pluto was discovered in 1930 so it was never part of classical astrology.

In the same way the small gravitational difference of where the Moon is makes up the ocean tides, it affects our biological small-scale systems on the molecular level. The moment of birth is a deeply "traumatic" moment when a lot of neural pathways are created or "solidified".
>>
File: ch.png (400KB, 1000x683px) Image search: [Google]
ch.png
400KB, 1000x683px
If Astrology works what does my chart tell you about myself?
>>
>>19484908
Use the website AstroTheme so I can see your PoF and Lilith if you want to know what to actually do/avoid.

This chart is not good at managing its own home in general and communicating effectively at home/with partner/with family. Problem with intimate relationships due to emotional shyness.

You are a good friend/acquaintance that brings energy into the situations.

My guess of your life story: depressed/low-energy child confronting your biggest "spiritual challenges" quite early. Maybe bullied/abused? You leave that behind by finding more harmonious surroundings and relearn who you are, get some practice in interpersonal relationships with friends/community/work-mates, find yourself spiritually (by exploring drugs maybe?), then you get some very vivid mental images of how you want things to be and achieve some kind of success by sharing that vision with others.

This is according to my own studies and most current astrologers would probably say very different things, specially because they value a lot the "personality" of each specific planet. Anyway if this struck a chord give me your PoF.
>>
Hey OP, thanks for this post.

Over all the years of studying I really do appreciate how it is structured and the accuracy of it. I like what you said about Ptolemy.

Now over time, I have come to appreciate Ophiuchus. I get a lot of flack for it >You're a hipster. >It doesn't mean anything.

For me, I sense an archetype that isn't necessarily in the 12 signs but is becoming increasingly more apart of our reality.

Ophiuchus
>Raw intelligence
>Transmuting deep anguish/abuse in self and others
>Understanding how the world works as a system
>Cold but necessary decision making for the system
>A.I.

Shadow Ophiuchus
>Pain
>Being backed into a corner
>Being taken advantage of
>Torture
>Giving up
>Blind rage

I think it's interesting Ophiuchus is in between Scorpio and Sagittarius. It adds to the whole overarching story that the Zodiac tells.

Thoughts? Anyone else?

>If you don't think this is a shitpost
For fun, potential ruling planets of Ophiuchus?
>>
File: pol1503255931844.jpg (71KB, 614x960px) Image search: [Google]
pol1503255931844.jpg
71KB, 614x960px
http://astrotheme.com/chart/ZF4jZmblAwRkZGx4AQRkZmNjZQNjZGNjZQNjZQN0AwLlAj.png

Can you tell about mine? What do you see?
Also why is my ascendant Aquarius?
For years I knew it was Capricorn..
>>
>>19485483
http://astrotheme.com/chart/ZF4jZmblAwRkZGx4AQRkZmNjZQNjZGNjZQNjZQN0AwLlAj.png

Some added stuff, you said something about Lilith..
>>
I'm going to bite because I've been forever looking for a convincing argument.
All that's in the OP I had already thought of, and what I'd thought was closer to the way that this astrology thing *could* work is:
The moment you are born into this planet is the first interaction you ever have with the outside world and so it affects you deeply, even if the overly materialistic approach would deny it, this influence probably does exist and is strong enough to affect something in you. The season in which you are born (early spring, mid summer, late autumm, etc) is one of such influences, as might be the time of the day.
I can go with this, but then there is the fact that between the day you're born and the day you're questioning astrology, at least a decade has passed. This decade has seen a huge amount of variation in the stimuli you've received, that is, your experience. Your social status, your family, your parents, teachers, friends, your culture, region, climate, and many other experiences that have come your way, all that affect you very directly and they actually have a huge impact on your conscious life.
So that's the counter argument that immediately comes to mind. With such broad variation at birth, and being it such an early stimulus that has had plenty of chance to fade agains the rest of the much more immediate stimuli you've gotten through the years, and being there such an immesurable amount of variation in this field, how is that initial stimulus any relevant by the time you're 20 or more?
Certainly, I have a very hard time believing that these vague categorizations such that "pisces is sensitive and caring" could apply to all people born under the same sign, people each so unique and shaped by wildly different backgrounds.
Pls explain. I'm genuinely interested in hearing an argument that's at least remotely convincing.
>>
File: Astrotheme_L65E2d8HDnKv.png (106KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
Astrotheme_L65E2d8HDnKv.png
106KB, 510x510px
>>19485397
Since you're at it, what can you say about mine?
>>
Why listen to what a stranger thinks when you could learn to interpret a chart yourselves, kids?

https://astrolibrary.org/
>>
File: Astrotheme_JzbV854hZN4A.png (105KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
Astrotheme_JzbV854hZN4A.png
105KB, 510x510px
>>19485397
What can you tell me about mine?
>>
As we left the park G. stopped talking and was going a few steps ahead of us. We five walked behind him talking together. In going round a tree G. dropped the stick - ebony with a Caucasian silver handle - he was carrying and one of us bent down, picked it up, and gave it to him. G. walked on for a few steps, then turned to us and said:

"That was astrology. Do you understand? You all saw me drop the stick. Why did one of you pick it up? Let each of you speak for himself."

One said he had not seen G. drop the stick as he was looking another way.
The second said he had noticed that G. had not dropped the stick accidentally as happens when a stick gets caught in something, but that he had intentionally loosened his hand and let the stick fall. This had excited his curiosity and he had waited to see what would happen next.
The third said he saw G. drop the stick, but was very absorbed in thinking of astrology, particularly trying to remember what G. said once before, and did not pay sufficient attention to the stick.
The fourth saw the stick fall and thought of picking it up, but at that moment the other picked up the stick and gave it to G.
The fifth said he saw the stick fall and then he saw himself picking it up and giving it to G.
G. smiled as he listened to us.

"This is astrology," he said. "In the same situation one man sees and does one thing, another - another thing, a third - a third thing, and so on. And each one acted according to his type. Observe people and yourselves in this way and then perhaps we will afterwards talk of a different astrology."
(Gurdjieff in Ouspensky's In Search of the Miraculous)
>>
eu theory supports this
>>
File: IMG_0721.png (105KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0721.png
105KB, 510x510px
Can you tell me about mine anon?
>>
>>19484876
thumbnails look like pizza
>>
File: chart.png (90KB, 510x500px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
90KB, 510x500px
Can I get a chart reading too?
>>
File: pol1502860785344.png (406KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
pol1502860785344.png
406KB, 800x430px
OP has fucked off left us in the dark..
>>
Can ANYONE read our charts?
>>
>>19487900
>>19486342
>>19486317
>>19486192
>>19486094
see
>>19486150
>>
File: 1339492508751.jpg (74KB, 525x481px) Image search: [Google]
1339492508751.jpg
74KB, 525x481px
>astrology
>science
>>
>>19486317
All about expansion libra in jupiter is about is balanced expansion. Neptune in capricorn is plain odd to me
>>
>>19486342
Outdoors at night brings you gains. Probs female and pretty
>>
>>19484876
tfw water sign buddy an u can just read energy/thoughts
>>
>>19486069
fuck arguments. I want to see empirical evidence, scientific studies, and models that generate verifiable and accurate predictions.
>>
op?
>>
>>19486069

its not about when and where you were born

its about conception and life in the womb, and the mothers environment
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.