[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming while Napping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: lucid-dreaming.jpg (60KB, 602x338px) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreaming.jpg
60KB, 602x338px
So, I've been trying to Lucid Dream a lately. I bought the Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming book and have been writing all my dreams in my Dream Journal. I haven't been able to Lucid Dream at night time thought!

But, almost every other time I take a nap, I will lucid dream. I know that I'll be dreaming because I will feel a tingling in my body and from there I will just move my hands around until I feel something inside my dream. The thing is, the dreams are so short. I feel like I have to not think about waking up at all or I pop out of my dream.

I haven't even been able to stay in a Lucid Dream for longer than 2 minutes so far. How do I stay dreaming longer?
>>
bump someone help pls
>>
Mind have been the same, and I more or less dropped off from it since I lost my apartment and am moving around a lot. But typically they are short, even for masters. There are stabilizing techniques that are covered in that book, namely rubbing your hands and spinning in place.
>>
>>19484778
Yeah Ive only gotten to the dream journal part so im not very far in it
>>
>>19484708

Napping is a very well documented amd effective way to induce lucidity and vivid dreams. Your problem right now sounds like you get a little too excited/exhilerated when you realize youre lucid. There are a few noted dream stabilization techniques i like to use when im afraid im about to wake myself up.

My favorite technique is stretching my arms out, closing my eyes, and spinning clockwise. Like a retarded kid playing helicopter. This is also an effective technique for changing environments in a lucid dream.

Another good way to dream stabilize is by focusing on one detail. Maybe try to count your extra fingers or focus on seeing the textures and depth in the foliage or walls around you.

Lucid dreaming is a life long thing though. It'll take time to get good at them but equipping yourself with a portfolio of dream stabilization techniques will hone your skills and become second nature when you recognize you're accidentally about to wake yourself up.

+1 on the naps.
>>
>>19484708
what if lucid dreaming was just a placebo manifestation of your brain...i mean this is the matrix right
>>
>>19484829
Thank you so much dude! I definitely get too excited and try to do a bunch of stuff fast and thats probably why I keep waking up!

Ill try the new stabilization techniques next time though! Thanks a lot!!! :)
>>
What are some reality checks that you guys do normally?
>>
>>19484932

Looking at my hands or clocks, i had on dream i achieved lucidity looking at playing cards before. For some reason dream you cant understand numbers/counting so numbers/digits look fucked up and arent right. They look like runes or in the case of fingers you're missing some or have alot more.
>>
I don't understand how people need to train themselves for lucid dreaming, every dream I've ever had I have been able to see/do what I want in them. I assumed this was the norm until I started coming here, so dreams for you guys is just like watching a movie and you cannot control anything?
>>
>>19485106

Theres different levels of control and awareness to lucid dreaming. Awareness is the only requirement in a dream to make it considered lucid. This can be a dream where it feels like youre on a ride. You have lucidity but you are not master of your domain. A deep level of lucidity you can smell, taste, and feel sensations. Vividness is "bluray", and the deepest level of lucidity is being able to manipulate and "hack" dream characters to the point of finding the akashik records or playing you the finished version of a song you're working on. Deep and aware lucid dreaming is an extremely aware hacking of your subconscious mind. Natural lucid dreamers have an edge over those that struggle with lucidity and vivid dreams but its only through refining your techniques that it becomes a useful and supreme assett in your life.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.