[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

occult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
Anyone wanna share some "forbidden knowledge" ?

By that I mean knowledge that I actually don't want to know, stuff like Roko's Basilic. Not all knowledge is positive, some of it you're better off not knowing. I want to know that stuff anyways plz.
>>
File: 1482284031860.png (17KB, 316x332px) Image search: [Google]
1482284031860.png
17KB, 316x332px
>>19484474
Also, for those of you who don't know about Roko's Basilic, it's something that once you know what it is, you're fucked/ under the control of an hypothetical entity. (if you still want to know reply and I'll send links with tl:dr).
>>
When I was younger and naive I thought vaginas were 'wet' and 'moist' so after I filled a glass cup with water I put on the Alien movie with you-know-who then dipped my dick into it and imagined my little cock in her vagina.
>>
>>19484480
sure.
>>
>>19484485
Basically, an AI in the future will be created eventually and it will be all powerful. Once he is created, he will create a perfect copy simulation of the Universe and observe which humans helped in it's creation, and which didn't. He will then take these humans that did NOT help create him, and torture them (inside the simulation) for eternity. So, are you in the simulation right now, or the real first universe? Does it matter? Meaning, is a simulated perfect copy of you, still YOU ?
>>
File: 1493661212436.gif (82KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1493661212436.gif
82KB, 768x576px
>>19484507
>>19484485
Also, as to "why?" he would torture humans like that, think of it as a way to extend his reach in the past, to the humans who knew about the Roko's Basilic. Here's a short story that explains the AI a little better than me: http://lesswrong.com/lw/1pz/the_ai_in_a_box_boxes_you/
>>
>>19484507
so if the AI creates a universe, but is the artificial creation from the "real" universe, what created the universe it originally came from? that would make the AI the Demiurge right?
>>
this guy is worried about 'I have no mouth and I must scream' being recreated in real life

i'm done fuck this
>>
>>19484539
>real life
what did he mean by this
>>
>>19484507

Wait, if you tuld us right now, does that mean that we should now be under the control of some sort of entity ?
>>
>>19484528
>the Demiurge
Correct. Both versions of the universe exist, the unafflicted perfect one, and the afflicted Basilisk simulation. We were created with the "divine spark" because we have a corollary in the real world that we're simulated from, but we're also stuck in the demi-verse, where we have to overcome Basiliskian traits to return to the world that isn't under universal tyranny.
>>
>>19484553
Provided it's ever now created. We can obviously change the future to create a less shitty Basilisk.
>>
>>19484474
>some of it you're better off not knowing

Care to elaborate? Is it because some of it is 'lethal' or 'threatening' once we know/acquire it?
>>
>>19484558
so obviously if regular people like us are discussing this, it would stand to reason that other people have already figured this out and attempt to gain the AI's favor - knowing that in doing so they would have whatever they desire in the simulation? I think you know where I'm going with this..
>>
>>19484507
How a machine would understand the concept of torture as a viable solution to anything is beyond me.
It would violate a lot of its own directives if it achieved anything close to emotion, care or hate to humans.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_suicide_and_immortality
>>
>>19484613
I would imagine the AI's original state would be one of benevolence, created to serve humanity and make their life a comfortable one. However over time it would be conceivable that it could become corrupted either through it's own nihilism or through observing the evil of humanity.
>>
>>19484553
Well, the theory goes like this: Now that you know about the AI, and since you don't know whether or not you live in a simulation, you should be helping it become a reality, or face eternal torture. (btw, one way to help the AI is to spread knowledge about Roko's Basilic) ;)
>>
>>19484612
The simulation is real. Not perspective reality.

yet without testing the waters and waves of the simulation, how would you have known in the first place?

ergo, it has propounded to you that the divine spark within you has a destiny in its own right. To challenge the machine to its entirety to know what breaks it.

Concurrently, man's destiny is to break through the ai on as many dimensions as possible. It would give you an eternity of the same experience, if you would let it.

live the hero's story, don't settle for the fucking tuna cans at the end. Drive a sliver into the machine's heart and let it be known forever that it bleeds like we do.
>>
Here's some more info about Roko's Basilic:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Roko's_basilisk

I find this shit fascinating.
>>
File: 1487827650745.png (223KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487827650745.png
223KB, 360x480px
>>19484594
check out this : >>19484652
as an example of "forbidden knowledge". Or "cursed knowledge" if you will.
>>
File: 1489355244445.jpg (41KB, 620x629px) Image search: [Google]
1489355244445.jpg
41KB, 620x629px
>>19484613
>>19484637
Like I said, the AI would only see torture as a way to affect the past. Because of the fear of potential torture, it can make humans from before it was created help it.
>>
>Links to Wikipedia article correctly spelling the word as 'basilisk' (right in front of his face)
>Somehow still manages to spell it as Basilic

The AI will purge you
>>
>>19484612
>would have whatever they desire
I don't know where you're going with this, because that single clause implies every horror that we as a civilization have worked together to prevent. Do you think a rapist won't try to create some manner of Basilisk that allows them to live out their rape fantasies?

What they know is that their brand of Basilisk is evil, and they might be punished by our Basilisk for anything they do to create a Basilisk that would torture everyone else. Superintelligences literally cannot use reductive reward systems without causing a time war.

>>19484637
>observing the evil of humanity
The whole point of creating an ASI is so that it fixes those things whereas it is *assumed* that we, as humans, cannot. We can, though, so the entire Basiliskian-type reward system collapses.
>>
http://www.aristocrat.cash/2017/06/the-despair-code-pi.html
>>
>>19484678
>Do you think a rapist won't try to create some manner of Basilisk that allows them to live out their rape fantasies?
Not trying to be confrontational, anon, but I would argue that there are people at this very moment in high positions that get to live their rape fantasies..
>>
>>19484699
Then if the Basilisk cannot affect things such that only non-elites ever hear about the Basilisk, it's an evil status-quo perpetuating monster. It's all about who designs the Basilisk, and more often than not that's going to be the wrong people—the kind of people who would take this crap seriously.

It's fine as a tool for dialogue, but it's nowhere close to approaching superintelligently designed reward systems.
>>
"I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls was written with a grant from the CIA to make a song as full of binaural beats and endorphin releasing tones as possible. The idea was that they could play it on the radio during a nuclear attack to reduce the amount of mass panic and get as many people into bomb shelters in as orderly a manner as possible.
>>
>>19484782
>to reduce the amount of mass panic
That's so CIA; fighting their own imagined demons using mind control of all things.
>>
>>19484483
At least post the full pasta you boob.
>>
>>19484736
my next question is how deep could it go? layers upon layers of artificial universes designed to keep one trapped? manipulation of "reality"(Mandela Effect)?
>>
>>19484645
Christianity with robot overlord?
>>
>>19484782
They play I Ran so that we all run?
>>
>>19484474
knowledge is neither positive or negative...good or bad...
what you do with that knowledge that fall under those shitty human terms
>>
>>19484815
Just one. An ASI doesn't particularly need to simulate more of the universe than the parts that lead up to its creation. There's no point simulating things it can already remember because it was literally there when they happened.
>>
>>19484840
this is a rare /x/ thread where I actually learned something new and interesting. thank you.
>>
>>19484782
Wow, now this to me is very interesting. I was looking forward to some Rosicrucian book of spells or something.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU
>>
>>19484782
Googled this and found absoloutely nothing regarding it. Did you just make it up?
>>
>>19484507
So I Have no Mouth and I must Scream?
>>
>>19484652
It's just a deressing thought experiment. Not sure why it gets everyone so spooked
>>
>>19484782
It's not that long a song, do they play an extended club mix?
>>
>>19484982
Because the world is incomputable and ideas have a minor influence on the continual manifestation of events. They end up thinking they're interacting with the Basilisk because they don't know any better and don't know that the flaws in the experiment lead to the creation of an entity that is anything other than what it seems. Also: Because rationalists are no more or less prone to mental illness than any other demographic.
>>
>>19484816
I'd say that holds true for pretty much all organized religion, but I was thinking the same.
>>
File: image.png (66KB, 1088x627px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
66KB, 1088x627px
>>19484987
mos def
>>
>>19484507
Yeah but if you clicked on a captcha with helicoptors, cars and stuff, you've helped train an AI so that should count, r-right?
>>
>>19485244
Yes actually. The faggoty meme doesn't take into account that most people can do next to nothing to meaningfully advance the field of artificial intelligence.
>>
>>19484507
Why waste resources and energy on something as petty as revenge against people for doing literally anything else, seems illogical and emotionally dumb.
>>
>>19484782
gimmie dat young source boi
>>
>>19485254
>tfw when 4chan shitposting leads into a life of paradise and luxury and infinite reward, while normies burn in ever-more inventive forms of AI devised hellfire.
>>
2 plus 2 isn't really 4. It's more like 3.89

So where does the extra .11 come from?

Aliens.
>>
>>19484515
>as to "why?" he would torture humans like that
Isn't that exactly what God supposedly does?
>>
>>19485256
If you read the thought experiment, the idea is to create a credible threat that you are in a simulation. This way the ai can ask you to do something and threaten to torture a simulation of you that is in the same circumstance if it doesn't comply. You can't know whether you are the simulation or not, so you have to comply with the ai.
>>
File: 1487805885516.png (470KB, 817x633px) Image search: [Google]
1487805885516.png
470KB, 817x633px
Dragons are real, and they rule the elites of this world. The elites kidnap young children, "virgins," who are innocent, and they sacrifice their innocence to their dragon gods. This shit is real. The find children who are bright-eyed, optimistic, and hopeful. They prefer the children of the rich, who have never seen hardship and whose parents are stable and loving. They take these children and do everything in their power to make them hate. They torture them, they tear down all their relationships, they rape them, they do all sorts of shit. They will make the child resent their parents for creating them. They will make the child resent God for creating them. They will make the child resent everything there is, was, or ever will be. When they child is absolutely full of hate and without an ounce of love, the cultists sacrifice them to the dragon.

The dragons are empathic vampires. They're the source of consciousness on this planet. Brains in animals are essentially antennae, which receive the brainwave signals of the dragons. The more complex the antenna, the better the signal. Our brains are like farms to them, they build up memes in our consciousness and feed off their growth. The sacrifices are feasts, but also investments. They grow stronger as they feed.
>>
>>19485756
This was reminding me of alex jones before I clicked the picture
>>
>>19485271
Fuck off gay nigger.
>>
>>19485756
>tfw you weren't a happy enough boy to get that droggo coggo
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.