[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are North Americans so obsessed with skinwalkers at the moment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: cache_34237930.jpg (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cache_34237930.jpg
104KB, 1024x768px
Why are North Americans so obsessed with skinwalkers at the moment?
>>
>>19484304
Why are Europeans so obsessed with vampires at the moment?
>>
>>19484304
Because the stories are usually pretty fun and "weird monster killing people in the woods" has been a big part of american horror for a very, very long time.
>>
>>19484304
vampires are real.

the cultural idea of transforming creatures which take human form is something super ancient and sacred about humanities experience, it seems.

These idea's only get crazier in asia. I'd say shamanism is returning to America, and it is manifesting into cryptids which fascinate the young mind in America...
>>
>>19484324
Are they? If I went to euro/x/ would it be filled with vampire greentext?
>>
Because that's where most accounts prominently take place. Like how it's usually in the EU where you get fae shit going on, and the Carribean and South America where you get straight up spirit monsters. Every region has it's beliefs. Though Russia tends to go straight to cannibal zombies, but you know, Russia.
>>
>>19484304
Why is your mother so obsessed with my dick?
>>
>>19484456
Hey man, she's been looking for it day and night with the most powerful electron microscopes available, but she just can't find it, give it a rest.
>>
>>19484304
>Why are North Americans so obsessed with skinwalkers at the moment?
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it
>>
>>19484304
native american fetishism
>>
>>19486175
sounds like sth skinwalker'd say
>>
>>19484456
you got burned by the flames of hell nigger
>>
File: screenshot_2017-05-22_2.png (531KB, 633x680px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2017-05-22_2.png
531KB, 633x680px
When and where did this obsession with skinwalkers start anyway?

I've been into the paranormal and occult since 1991/1992 and never heard the term until around the time Skinwalker Ranch started blowing up (around 2006 I think). Even then, skinwalkers didn't really gain traction online until the past several years. Suddenly they were everywhere.
>>
>>19484304
Wut the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>19487350
A considerable amount of creepypasta and stories from a couple of years back up until now feature the basic structure of "Go into the woods, meet strange person, realize strange person was a skinwalker"
>>
>>19484304
Why are Europeans so obsessed with foreskin at the moment ?
>>
>>19487738
Has anyone ever actually seen one?
>>
>>19484304
Cuzz americanus's rertaded as fucc booi
>>
>>19487278
probably because of that 1 greentext. It was decently well written and inspired a lot of people to copy it
>>
>>19484304
Better question: Why don't skinwalkers like ashes?
>>
>>19484304
cuz they exist
>>
>>19488025

at least two post on /x/
>>
>>19484609
She'll never find that cryptid.
>>
Skinwalker huh?
>>
>>19487187
Haha what a joke, we all know skinwalker is just a myth.
Anyway, wanna go to unexplored appalachian forest and camp there? It's a comfy place to escape from you.... our busy daily life and be closer to nature
>>
everyone want to be carlos castaneda now eat a lot of datura and do your tensegrity workout it's the hip thing 2 do at the moment
>>
>>19488568
You're talking about the goatman story, right?
>>
>>19490530
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>19489805
Yeah boss yeah you gots em right where you wants em eh boss we gonna have a feast tonight right boss yea yea boss
>>
>>19490889
You say it's a story but a goat man took my friend
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.