[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on tulpas no roleplay shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Tulpa-Creation.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tulpa-Creation.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
redpill me on tulpas
no roleplay shit
>>
>no roleplay shit

So, you don't want any replies at all then
>>
You'll want to read early Buddhist texts to find the source of the concept, but it won't be listed under the name of 'tulpa(s)'. What most refer to as a 'tulpa' is roughly drawn from Tibetan culture. This is where the idea that a 'tulpa' can turn into a dangerous entity originates. You'll want to research the Nyingma. The actual Tibetan Book of the Dead doesn't exist in Tibetan culture. The Tibetan Book of the Dead is a creation that was published in 1927. Modern scholars realize the majority of the translation was either fallacy or misinformed. The closest Western concept is 'thoughtform'.
>>
>>19482501
They're thought forms. So entities being brought into existence by one's imagination and willpower. What makes them stand support from other types of thought forms is that they inhabit the brain of their creator in a way similar to what I imagine personality fragments do in DID. And I say fragments instead of full personalities because the people that have attempted creating a tulpa report it starts out missing a lot of basic functions that they kind of have to program into it.

That's my break down of it, as someone who thinks it's a dumb thing to do and has seen enough brain/body sharing (I have a friend with DID) to know it's not always fun and games.

Whether you think it's bullshit or not, that's up to you, but if your brain can spit out a whole other person organically, there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to recreate that yourself. That's the way I think of it.
>>
>>19482530
Not really important, but (one) psychiatrist would say it is entirely impossible. The idea is the brain is simply not capable of processing a separate personality, set of morals, and general manifest much less multiple manifestations capable of conversation with one another.
>>
>>19482541
Oh, I'm entirely aware of the professional divide on the matter, but the opposition is just as strong. If you have the time you should look up Dr. Colin Ross on youtube. He did a lecture on DID and trauma, talking about how DID has been misdiagnosed as schizophrenia since forever.
>>
>>19482501
It's some sort of spiritual asexual reproduction of a sort. But you usually attempt to make an other being different from you using your creation power. They cannot become out of control unless you feed them negative energy similar like when you feel lack of control with addictions or other type of mental "disease" that you seem not to control. Tulpas are like friends and as far as you should know friends are not some friendship onahole to be used. They can bother you or help you or advise you if they are wise. Make mistakes as well all depends on the maturity.

As far as how real and possible this is, do you believe you can "talk to yourself"? Are you able to have a conversation with yourself? If so why can't tulpas exist as well?
>>
File: dougie.jpg (4KB, 85x93px) Image search: [Google]
dougie.jpg
4KB, 85x93px
>>19482521
Not OP, but I'm kind of shocked that tulpas are a thing in Twin Peaks. Seeing you tie it to Tibet makes a little more sense of it, since I was under the impression it was just a thing for lonely LARPers.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.