[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone on /x/ have a way to reach peace whit one self? or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1501087493293.jpg (56KB, 736x706px) Image search: [Google]
1501087493293.jpg
56KB, 736x706px
Does anyone on /x/ have a way to reach peace whit one self? or a way to star reaching this peace? at this point i take any siggestions, or maybe a way to star having control over your life and let go of impure thoughts and actions
>>
>>19481455

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
>>
>>19481481
While I love a good Bible verse, I don't think that's going to help OP find peace.
>>
>>19481481

thank you
>>
>>19481481
>>19481511

maybe i just need to belive in somethig bigger than myself, all this time my grandma used to talk me about god, bit i didnt put too much attention, maybe this is a sing that god loves me
>>
>>19481455

Absolutely. Inner peace is directly proportional to self-mastery. And self-mastery is none other than control of the mind through control of the senses.

That is to say, the senses are what agitates the mind and causes disturbances. When the senses are subdued, the mind reverts to its natural calm state and becomes tranquil and peaceful. This is similar to a stormy sea becoming calm once the storms which cause the turbulent waves dissipate.

Therefore, in order to subdue the senses, there must be a tradeoff. You must trade the external sensory world for the eternal and inherently peaceful internal world. This is done through renuncation or disinterest in sensory experiences, also known as non-attachment, or cessation of ego (i.e. personalized likes and dislikes).

As far as what to do specifically, there are two things which help promote calmness of mind: first is living a dharmic lifestyle which minimizes activity that results in restlessness of mind. Second is meditation, and when I say meditation, I mean the traditional kind that has stood the test of time for thousands of years. Not the modern relaxation technique bullshit that is so prevalent these days. I would recommend researching traditional meditative approaches such as the 4 yogas, buddhist samatha & vipassana, etc. etc.
>>
>>19481455
Any peace you make is fleeting.
It seems to work with most, but a loss of faith is a natural progression through life. Let it be with a belief system, a loved one, a career, your community, or your face. Inevitably everything you know can be lost, and returned again in a different fashion. The only stability you can ever truly rely on is the fact there is none. So, enjoy life like it doesn't matter.
We are social beings, albeit most of our current placements are isolated. Doing "good" or "kind" actions do bring in a substance, but doesn't necessarily mean it will be returned to you. Find what you want to be, and strive towards it, no matter how simple.
We all die alone, so demand the abundance you wish to live in and seek it out.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.