[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cicadas everywhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cicada.png (119KB, 1895x652px) Image search: [Google]
cicada.png
119KB, 1895x652px
So, I just tried looking at the page and found this. you have to disable JS to see it but you can browse the source code without doing that anyway.

Any idea whats the deal?
>>
the fugg
>>
>>19479557
so far we can only tell that the numbers in the lower section are ordered by 5 and alter by 6, ending with a 4 group

also each of the 5 group starts with the last number in the previous 5 group.

for the 6 groups the first 2 numbers are the same as the last 2 numbers of the previous group, this also holds true for the 4 group
>>
>>19479557
Bump
>>
>>19479557
2513 is circumference while 800 is diameter
3.14125.. is est. of pi but no clue on units.
>>
>>19479557
it has a max. of 10 digits at the last paragraph. could be a VIC cipher..the page source at the end has a hint (ZdRRt) and another [email protected] pls some anon would kindly help out.
>>
>>19479557
bumping
>>
im no help but any more info ?
>>
>>19483799
I personally couldn't figure out much interesting info on the puzzle except a link that refers to the circumference of the E.coli cells being 2531nm and 800nm in diameter which is the 2531/800=3.14125 line, but that could be just coincidence

on the other hand at leddit they say the puzzle is a fake and that cicada3301.org is not confirmed to be official, and there are no obvious PGP keys proving otherwise either...

I tried the VIC cipher clue too, and tried out a few alphabets, but none of them resulted in any real ciphertext...

I tried ROT13 and Ceasar cipher on the ZdRRT hint, but nothing on any of the combinations either... even the fact that only the second letter is small lowercase hints at it not being an actual word...
>>
>>19483967
also a friend of mine noticed that the numbers ending with G (in the Theta Lambda G rows) are always between the lowest and highest gravitational pull measured on earth... so the idea is that it could actually be referencing physical locations (because the gravitational force is not uniform around the planet, so you can theoretically pinpoint locations based on specific gravitation constant in that locations)... but that would probably yeald a lot of results... so the other two parameters, the Theta and Lambda, might be used for better accuracy or something... It could be polar coordinates but that doesn't seem right if the Gs are really gravitations forces...

thats pretty all we did so far
>>
>>19479557
you realize this is just a joke of a site right? No actual relevance to cicada.
>>
>>19484019
yes, I figured its a joke, but it still looks like a fun puzzle
>>
>>19484036
ok just making sure. But your right, maybe good practice for the real to come.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.