[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 8

File: Soul-2.png (183KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
Soul-2.png
183KB, 540x304px
If there is a such thing as a soul, does everybody have one? Are they earned or are people born with them? Can you lose them? What are they worth?

Soul talk in general.
>>
Funk musicians were right, souls sre basically just your ability to manage and express your emotional capacity in a way that can be shared with other people. It's why people without souls are emotionless, can't create, and susceptible to control by outside forces.

Spirit on the other hand is your drive, sort of the core that makes you act, while mind is memory retention and categorization. The three often work in tandem to form the id, so they often get associated with each other.
>>
>>19479142
I don't think there's such a thing as the Christian "Soul" I think it's something that is there but ever changing. It's not something you can destroy because you cannot destroy pure energy/matter. Everything is in a constant state of change and I think the so called soul is as well.
>>
>>19479142
There's no such thing as a soul and anyone telling you otherwise is either lying or deluded.
>>
>>19479142
Absolutelly nobody really knows. But looks like allah akbars have a diferent opinion
>>
>>19479185
Sounds like something out of an Atlus game.

>>19479397
What would you say it is, though? If consciousness can be attributed to your mind, what is a soul and why would you ever need it? Is it supposed to be our morality? Because that seems to be subjective.

>>19479403
How do you know?
>>
>>19479142
This current of the spirit soul is felt all over the body as consciousness, and that is the proof of the presence of the soul. Any layman can understand that the material body minus consciousness is a dead body, and this consciousness cannot be revived in the body by any means of material administration. Therefore, consciousness is not due to any amount of material combination, but to the spirit soul.

The soul is not born nor does it die, it is unborn and eternal.

"As a person puts on new garments, giving up old ones, similarly, the soul accepts new material bodies, giving up the old and useless ones. The soul can never be cut into pieces by any weapon, nor can he be burned by fire, nor moistened by water, nor withered by the wind. This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, all-pervading, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same. It is said that the soul is invisible, inconceivable, immutable, and unchangeable. Knowing this, you should not grieve for the body." (Bhagavad Gita 2.22-2.25)
>>
>>19479449

>>19479449
Well, it'd say there isn't really a thing like the soul. I think of it like this. Imagine a candle's dying flame, and with it's last fire it lights another candle. (This is also my view on reincarnation.) Dunno if it makes sense to you though.
>>
>>19479449
>How do you know?
Science, bitch. It works.
>>
>>19479494
>Science
No, you are not a paladin of science, let me tell you who you are.

>If you believe you are silly.
>*scarred for life, anon tries the same trick on everyone he sees believing it was the smartest thing ever.
>>
>>19479478
That's interesting. What exactly IS it, though? Why is it unborn? Was it created at the same time as the universe? Why would such an invincible thing choose to be trapped in a body? And is it who we are, or something completely different, like a parasite with our likeness?
>>
>>19479509
>Why would such an invincible thing choose to be trapped in a body?
Talk to the demiurge.
>>
>>19479142
All is one, we are individualized portions of the creator trying to experience itself, through free will and the illusion of separation.
The cosmology and spiritual evolution (densities which mirror the chakras, from microcosm to macrocosm), infinity, are all things I found super fascinating in the law of one series.
>lawofone.info
It's basically new age, but it's much more about philosophy than other new age stuff. It's much much better than most new age stuff in my opinion.
Either way good luck!
:)
>>
>>19479506
>>*scarred for life, anon tries the same trick on everyone he sees believing it was the smartest thing ever.
Cool story, bro.
>>
>>19479528
Are you insinuating that fedoras are not fools who fell for the "if you believe u're silly" kids trick? Moreover are you implying they don't believe this mentality to be the most deep status of high intellectual achievement?
>>
>>19479549
No. I was implying that your post was, in fact, a cool story, bro.
>>
>>19479518
If the demiurge exists why wouldn't these souls band together after death to fight him? We haven't found any sign of any sort of God in all of our space exploration. Is he on another plane? Can we not experience him?

>>19479523
I'll look into it, though I'm not a fan of new ave philosophy. "We are the universe experiencing itself" was interesting the first time I heard it. Now it just sounds like bull shit some literary fag spouted after a joint on the shitter.
>>
File: Beautiful-Radha-and-Krishna.jpg (95KB, 637x800px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful-Radha-and-Krishna.jpg
95KB, 637x800px
>>19479509
>What exactly IS it, though? Why is it unborn?
The individual soul is part and parcel of God, and is composed of the same spiritual energy God is composed of, purusha. However, the living entity is atomic whereas the Lord is whole. A particle of gold is also gold, a drop of water from the ocean is also salty, yet a particle of gold is not a bar and a drop of water is not the ocean. The quality is the same, but not the quantity. Thus the soul and God are the same yet different in this regard. If something is born, it also must die. To be born means something is temporary in nature, but the soul is not temporary.

"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be." (Bg. 2.12)

>Was it created at the same time as the universe?
The universe itself is temporary, as it is of the inferior material energy, or prakṛti. The soul preceded the material universe, just as God did.

cont
>>
>>19479509
>>19479597
>Why would such an invincible thing choose to be trapped in a body?
This is the core question of life one should strive to resolve. The soul is currently in a conditioned state of existence due to entanglement in the material nature. First of all he makes a determination to act in a certain way, and then he is entangled in the acts and reactions of his own karma. After giving up one type of body, he enters another type of body, as we put on and take off old clothes. As the soul thus migrates, he suffers the actions and reactions of his past activities When we are materially contaminated, we are called conditioned. False consciousness is exhibited under the impression that I am a product of material nature. This is called false ego. One who is absorbed in the thought of bodily conceptions cannot understand his situation. Bhagavad-gītā was spoken to liberate one from the bodily conception of life and return to our original state of consciousness and unity with the Lord. One must become free from the bodily conception of life; that is the preliminary activity for the transcendentalist. One who wants to become free, who wants to become liberated, must first of all learn that he is not this material body. Moksha or liberation means freedom from material consciousness.

>And is it who we are, or something completely different
It is your actual self, atman
>>
>>19479449
Atlus? I hardly know us.
>>
>>19479561
Your butthurt shows.

Go read some Rick Strassman, a scientist that has observed spiritual phenomena, surely spiritual things exist without a God, you fedora faggot.
>>
>>19479582
>If the demiurge exists why wouldn't these souls band together after death to fight him?
If souls could fight and defeat the demiurge, then life wouldn't be such shit.
>>
>>19479597
Why is God split into so many different pieces? And why aren't we aware of him if we technically are him? Also,

>>19479603

Why would we want to 'transcend'? What is freedom and what would a soul do with it?
>>
>>19479494
Prove where the human consciousness lies.
>>
>>19479691
>Prove where the human consciousness lies.
In the brain.
>>
>>19479653
>Why is God split into so many different pieces? And why aren't we aware of him if we technically are him?
The individual soul is not God, as the individual soul is atomic. God is the Supersoul seated within one's heart and is whole. A drop of water is not the ocean, although both are composed of water. We the living entities, being part and parcel of God, have all the qualities of God in minute quantities. For example, God has freedom to act and we have minute freedom. God can create skies and we can create airplanes.

"Although the Supersoul appears to be divided, He is never divided. He is situated as one. Although He is the maintainer of every living entity, it is to be understood that He devours and develops all." (Bg 13.17)

>Why would we want to 'transcend'? What is freedom and what would a soul do with it?
To transcend means to return to our original state of Krsna consciousness, or God consciousness and be liberated from the cycle of birth and death. The transcendental state of consciousness is not an imposition on consciousness, it is the original state that has become tainted by material nature. Once liberated, he lives an eternal life in bliss and knowledge with the Personality of Godhead.
>>
>>19479692
Were it not so, diseases like long-term memory loss and alzheimer's wouldn't exist.
>>
>>19479142
Life is existence, you are alive. The soul is a litterary concept. Can't be bought or sold. What would the Soul, even contain? It's an easy label, but it's not an answer. Follow our God or you won't get into the big country club in the sky. Kek.
>>
>>19479737
Why does the material world exist? Why do we have to go through any sort of trial to reach eternal bliss? From the way you phrase, it sounds like our souls have no choice in the matter. Is it the 'supersoul'? And if so, why would he do that to us?
>>
>>19479752
I don't know what it would contain. That's why I asked. If there are more layers to reality, it would make sense that there's a way to experience them. A 'soul'. I believe there's something more to life, I'm just not sure what it is. I think once it's discovered and we know what that something is, it'll be another science.
>>
File: g03-sri-lord-krishna.jpg (133KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
g03-sri-lord-krishna.jpg
133KB, 1200x800px
>>19479769
>Why does the material world exist?
The material world is the energy of the Supreme Lord, it is one of his infinite opulence. Just as a flame has light, heat, and other energies expanding around it, the Lord has the material universe existing as his separated energy.

>Why do we have to go through any sort of trial to reach eternal bliss? Why would he do that to us?

"By practicing this remembering, without being deviated, thinking ever of the Supreme Godhead, one is sure to achieve the planet of the Divine, the Supreme Personality, O son of Kunti." (Bg. 8.8)

By constant rememberance of god and the chanting of the names of god through the mahamantra: Hare Krsna Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. This is not a very difficult process. However, one must learn it from an experienced person, from one who is already in the practice. The mind is always flying to this and that, but one must always practice concentrating the mind on the form of the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna or on the sound of His name. The mind is naturally restless, going hither and thither, but it can rest in the sound vibration of Krsna. One must thus meditate on paramam purusam, the Supreme Person; and thus attain Him. The ways and the means for ultimate realization, ultimate attainment, are stated in the Bhagavad-gita, and the doors of this knowledge are open for everyone. No one is barred out. All classes of men can approach the Lord by thinking of Him, for hearing and thinking of Him is possible for everyone. The Lord further says:

"O son of Prtha, anyone who will take shelter in Me, whether a woman, or a merchant, or one born in a low family, can yet approach the supreme destination. How much greater then are the brahmanas, the righteous, the devotees, and saintly kings! In this miserable world, these are fixed in devotional service to the Lord." (Bg. 9.32-33)
>>
File: Baby-Krishna-with-flowers.jpg (156KB, 599x800px) Image search: [Google]
Baby-Krishna-with-flowers.jpg
156KB, 599x800px
>>19479769
>>19479826
What specifically binds the soul to material is material actions, material desires, and attempts to derive pleasure from the material world. However, the material world is one of suffering and no happiness can be found here. One must cut the addiction then, gradually, to the material world in order to be liberated from it and attain God. If one lives his life by constantly remembering God and through constant devotional service to God, he is surely saved. The process itself is not difficult, it is only due to the material attachment that make it appear difficult.
>>
>>19479142
>does everybody have one?
By definition, yes. If there were people without souls, if there were people that weren't metaphysically cared for in any capacity, ie. if no entity that did have a soul cared about them enough to manifest them in the first place, then nobody would have a soul. The timeline would fall apart and it would become impossible to meet new people. If we couldn't care for anonymous strangers, this realm would unravel instantly, like waking up from a dream. Or falling into an endless one.
>Are they earned or are people born with them?
Both. Everything you do is an act you earned. Every accomplishment, every emotion, every memory. Even if you were somehow born without a soul, that life would just be your first life. Souls have an age.
>Can you lose them?
Yes, but no. Not like you imagine. Not like selling your soul or anything like that. There's no great enemy to slay to protect your immortal soul.

You lose a piece of yourself when you psyche yourself into doing something you can't take back.

If you kill someone, you lose something very real. If you kill yourself, you lose something you might not realize was your to begin with. If you kill tons of animals for no real reason, you'll slowly erode something that you are, something you'll have a hard time identifying.

Not because death is special or anything. This is only relevant because you can't take back death. If you could, you wouldn't necessarily lose anything by killing anyone, including yourself. Nothing stops you from becoming a lich, for example. Death just happens to be something that doesn't come naturally, so the only reason you'd do it was because you were "psyched up" by things like culture, national identity, etc. You can also psyche yourself out, ie., deciding not to talk to that girl you like. Sometimes not doing something is something we can't take back. These experiences form us as much as they de-form us.
>What are they worth?
Everything, to you. As much as you become.
>>
>>19479849
>implying there is anything other than the material world
>>
>>19479978
Earlier I said:
>Any layman can understand that the material body minus consciousness is a dead body, and this consciousness cannot be revived in the body by any means of material administration. Therefore, consciousness is not due to any amount of material combination, but to the spirit soul.

One cannot simultaneously deny the spiritual yet accept the existence of a soul. And if he denies the existence of a soul then he is foolish. To suppose consciousness arises due to some sort of chemical combination is preposterous, and such a thing has not nor will ever be achieved by modern science. The spiritual nature, the soul, must first be in place for life to consciousness and life symptoms to arise.
>>
In my opinion, souls do not exist. The idea of souls, and what kind of morality we can draw from the idea, does exist.

A soul is not a real thing. We are simply hunks of star stuff being controlled by a slab of meat which, over a million years, has made us living beings with what we call "morality".

Morality is simply us understanding that in return for helping another being, that being may help us. This is the basis for being social. Some people lack morality, and thus, can not be social.

Our morality can change, at one stage in life, we can try to help everyone we find. In another, we may understand that some people should not be helped. We may not want to eat meat in one stage, but slowly grow to love bacon.

We can create our own sense of morality, devoid of the thought of a god, a soul, or any other spiritual object. We can determine what we believe is good and bad.

We do not have a soul, but, if we so choose, we can derive morality from the idea that if we were good in life, our soul goes to an eternal paradise after we die. Be it Valhalla, Heaven, or Elysium.
>>
>>19480197
Derivations of lies are lies, just as derivations of truth are truth.
>>
>>19480197
That's a fair opinion, considering we don't currently have any proof of souls. But how can you believe this is all there is? That there is just a world with flesh robots roaming around helping, or fucking, or killing, etc? That feels so final. The world is too mysterious for that kind of view, I think.
>>
>>19480253
Everyone ever is evidence of a soul. What we don't know is whether or not they are immortal, timeless, destructible, etc. At least not yet.
>>
>>19480253
I do not believe that this is simply all there is to this world, far from it, in fact.

It is simply that this is all we can see, and I do not say anything which I do not have undeniable proof and mountains of evidence to support.

If there is a god or gods, then we are yet to find absolute proof for his, her, or their existence. Thus, I do not state that there is a god.
>>
>>19480290
How is that evidence?
>>
>>19480305
Personality, identity, character, free will, the choices we make, etc. It's all part of what we consider to be a soul. We just don't know if it's part of the body, immaterial with the brain acting as an antenna, a predestined seed value in the quantum foam, or anything other than an illusion created by a genomic pressure to continue breeding in the time dimension's forward direction.
>>
>>19480302
It's not so much about God(s). You said souls don't exist. However, if there is more to see, wouldn't it make sense that there is more to 'us'? More than having physical bodies? A 'soul'? It doesn't have to be tied to a religion, but if it isn't, then I doubt it's bound to morality or anything like that either. Maybe it's just the essence of us. Something that can move freely. I've always thought that ghosts are just souls peeking back at us.
>>
>>19480344
You're right, I should rephrase what I said. There is no evidence that souls exist, but that is not to say that they can not exist. No one has seen proof of a soul that can not be explained through other means, and because of that, I will not say that I am certain there is a soul.

I will only say things exist if there is absolute proof of its existence.
>>
>>19480361
That's fair. I'm not 100% positive they exist, either, but deep down I feel like they might. I remember watching this Tale From the Crypt episode, and some guy discovered the soul. I think he killed people, or worked at a morgue or something. I'm fuzzy on the details. Anyway, he took it right out of a body. I don't remember much beyond that, but it seemed so amazing.
>>
>>19480361
>that can not be explained
Anything can be explained. Often times we lack the means to test the validity of an explanation. Souls, in the only capacity that they have any meaning—as we define them, are people. Or the parts of us that matter most. It's a type of essence we can't explain, even with psychology. When we do fully understand how we're able to be ourselves, we will know that souls exist, and we will know the traits of the soul. eg., whether or not it's actually immortal like we want to believe.
>>
>>19480396
This is a smart fellow
>>
We all share the same soul, the Brahmin, or oversoul. Above the animals, spiritual beings, gods there is a being that is all reality. It is a being that is dreaming the universe and we are all parts of it.

You see, when you sell your soul you are not giving it up, because that is you. In that transaction, what you are really doing is selling your service. Most people don't read the fine print and end up as servants until Shiva destroys the universe in fire. You can just as easily sell your service for a few decades and receive a small boon. The greater the request, the more service e required.

So, no, you can not "lose your soul". It is you, not something attached to you. The soul is not outside the self, it is the self.

So don't worry, your soul can't disappear and isn't earned, it just is. As for your soul's worth; it is worthless. It is just a collection of your experiences that is worth no more than any other perspective. What is worth something is your time. How will you spend the time you have? In service to a being for a while, or perhaps the rest of time? Will you fuck off to whatever afterlife awaits you? Or will you return to us in another form and become another perspective to experience the universe?

It's your choice.
>>
>>19480396
Yes, anything can be explained. It's just that we have found ways to explain morality, etc. without the need of a soul. Once again, there is no definite proof of a soul, and thus, I will not say that I am certain there is a soul.

>>19480390
I believe that he measured the weight of a person as they died, and noticed a slight drop in weight.
You can believe that they exist, I will not stop you. But, I do not believe that they exist. There is no absolute proof for a soul.
>>
>>19480419
But if the soul is a collection of your experiences, and you can in fact sell it, couldn't you sell it to something like a cosmic archivist? Somebody out there that enjoys experiencing things without going through the trouble of doing it themselves?
>>
File: 1497952972979.gif (3MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497952972979.gif
3MB, 480x480px
>>19479142

First, there are always going to be people who disagree. I'm not sure why or it's just human nature.
Don't shun these people.

Second. I do believe in a thing called a soul.
As a public/ we wouldn't have the word soul if it did not convey a message.

Third. I'm confident even ants have souls. Maybe a hive mind.

Most of anything that pertains to questions can be speculative. A soul could be worth a grain of sand. Or a stupid amount of money. It's only worth what we put on it.

YOU need to be of value to have value. Say what you're worth.
One may even say that their soul is worth everything. Or nothing.

You could lose your soul or find your soul 'soul searching'.

But again this is mostly speculation mixed with rational thought.

The eyes are the window to the soul.
>>
>>19480423
>no definite proof
The proof is the person; we define the soul to reflect that. Souls don't come first, after which we decide to call people people, people come first. Souls are something we define after the fact, to try to grasp and talk about something we don't currently understand. If souls came first, and we decide to define "people" after the fact, then it would speak to a spiritual/metaphysical dimension in which we made a decision to forget how things worked in the world we created. The world bears no evidence of intelligent, naturalistic, influence on our free will, indicating this world wasn't designed by a pre-human society of souls. The primacy of our experiences, or else the consistency of their content, indicates that our first conceptualization was as "persons," thereafter which we came up with the idea of the soul, in hopes that it would be an immortal thing.

All this in mind, only if the way in which we designed this world was that its only defining trait would be that the soul is immortal. For whatever purpose we may have created such a world, we can only, at best, guess, as to whether or not it succeeds.
>>
>>19480453
Do you believe a person can exist without a soul? Why or why not? What about plant life? Is that soulless? And if so, why? What does a living thing need in order to have a soul?
>>
File: ancient evil2.jpg (8KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
ancient evil2.jpg
8KB, 251x251px
What do you think soul world is like?
>>
>>19480514
Probably very boring, if we're all down here.
>>
>>19480492
Soul is specifically a human word for what we describe it. Kinda like how I said as a public we wouldn't have the word soul if it didn't convey a message.

I'm sure a doge would say its a "bark'' or "Bork" as for a bird "CAW" or "Tweet" you get the picture? However animals don't even ask questions. They are a human curse.

So I'm sure they don't ask.

Depending on how one views the earth everything may be a part of one big soul. Just separate minds- Like bees, Ants, Etc.

We're all just branches of a sequence of creation anyways. Fractals.
>>
File: M26_C400_lclsea.jpg (42KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
M26_C400_lclsea.jpg
42KB, 600x339px
>>19480518
Hey, that sounds logic.

By the way. I'm going full weeb here, but do you guys think this Supersoul thing you guys are talking about is kinda like the LCL sea of NGE? Where all people merge into one. Therefore, there's no suffering, but also, there's no joy, since you can't identify yourself. You exist, but you don't. You're everywhere, and you're nowhere at the same time. It reminds me of it.

Personally, I do believe in Souls. As most of you, I couldn't really explain the concept if you asked me. But I really feel it is there. In fact, recently I got to know someone. We've known each other for about 4 months. We resemble each other so much you wouldn't believe, we've been trough almost the same things. And since we met, we've felt a really deep link between us. What you could call a soulmate. I'm pretty sure at least one of you guys has experienced something similar.

Anyway, really interesting thread.
>>
File: image.png (42KB, 1234x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42KB, 1234x1920px
>>19479142
>>
>>19480568
I must've spent at least fifteen minutes trying to figure out what that is, going through hoops on image search just to find out, oh, that's apparently sulfur. Or some Leviathan cross or something holy/philosophical. Somewhere in that ballpark.
>>
>>19480435
You could certainly sell your stories, but you wouldn't lose them. If you wanted something that then sell your time as a story teller.

You can not give away or sell your soul, it is you. This would be like trying to sell your nervous system. Your soul is how you interact with the world. It is your radar and the one watching the radar in one being.
>>
>>19480514
Look around you and you will see. The "soul world" is this world, this universe. We are all part of the same over soul experiencing ourselves; the sum collection of which is the universe in which we inhabit.

Nirvana and the physical world are the same place, just with a different frame of mind.
>>
>>19480860
so i'll be just as much of a fuckup there as i am here?
>>
>>19480868
There is no "there" to get to. You are already here. Realize that you are not just an ego inside your flesh, you are the entire body. Even more, you are the entire universe. Just as an ocean waves, this planet "people's"; it grows them. You were not born into this world, you were grown out of it.

Once you can truly integrate this thought and shut out all the conditioning placed on you, you can see the way of the world. You may still be a fuckup for a while, but as you start flowing and grooving with the way, the Tao, you will find that it was just what you were doing at the time. You don't have to keep doing it, unless you want to.
>>
>>19480896
>truly integrate this thought
Wouldn't that involve, oh, I dunno, unpacking the entire genomic evolutionary history that led up to your exact genetic makeup and being able to read the entire human genome and know what, exactly, each little gene is used for in this great big complex world of death and emptiness?

Fucking universe my ass.
>>
>>19480929
I don't see what you mean. What would unpacking the human genome have to do with understanding the simple fact that we are a part of nature and were created by a process that is still ongoing?

You do not have to understand everything about the universe to be able to understand your place in it. Hell, that would be a fruitless effort as no one could ever obtain all the knowledge required.
>>
There's a thing besides our body, besides our nerve impulses and chemical reactions that makes us fundamentally alive/real.

It's not immutable, it's not eternal, it's not something some God gave you, it's not something only some living things have based on arbitrary anthropocentric feelings. Between lives it can be destroyed or consumed or mis-placed or all sorts of unfortunate things.

It's precious and powerful and it's yours, and you should try to get to know it; meditation is the way to do that. Once you do that, you should try to feel someone else's, and then try to feel lots of others at once, and then try to do that all the time. If you're diligent and a bit lucky, you may be able to actually see them.
>>
>>19480976
>the simple fact that we are a part of nature
Because it's not a simple fact at all, especially given that it's still ongoing. If you knew what we were going to evolve into, wouldn't you want to make sure that what we become is as safe to be as it was to be what we are now?
>>
>>19479509
I wouldn't say that it's trapped, but more like it's temporarily experiencing life in a body and is under the contract that death is the only end to the ride. Then they wake up back at the source, as a perspective of consciousness. It's a portion of one thing. It bleeds into this reality through the membrane of our dimension and it's. The doorway shuts as the soul is born into a new body, but it is opened up again when it dies, taking knowledge back to the all knowing.
>>
>>19480896
what happens when we die if we're already in the soul world?
>>
>>19479142
all humans have a soul.
all living beings have a soul.
you are born with a soul.
if you lose it you die.
they are worth omnipotence.
>>
>>19481007
So souls aren't us, then. We're extensions of them, and probably expendable, right? If I had a kid and attempted to live my life through them, while also studying how they handle certain situations, that'd be considered creepy. I'm not sure how I feel about an astral version of me using me for entertainment or experimentation.
>>
>>19481070
Imagine your astral self is fucking bored beyond mortal comprehension.
>>
>>19481089
Well fuck them. They get to be on a higher plane shitting fragments of itself and watching them suffer, and I'm stuck down here BEING a fragment. If that's the case, it isn't fair.
>>
>>19481098
astral people can't fug or masturbate
astral sex is just sharing memories or some shit

at least you can fap
>>
>>19481098
Nobody gives a shit. Literally nobody. Everything becomes possible when entire planes of existence get bored enough. Clearly you can stand it enough to be here bitching about it, rather than crying in a corner about how your "true nature" is inexpressible in this dimension.
>>
>>19481113
It's about the principle.
>>
>>19481151
Well then my higher self agrees.
>>
>>19480996
I don't know where the process will be in thousands of years and do not really care at the moment. Now is when we are doing, not the future.

As for controlling it, that is impossible. If you work to try to control nature you will find you have very little control. Dam up a river and it will build, build, and build until it overflows. This idea of humans vs nature is an unfortunate fallout if our society from Abrahamic views on nature. The western world primarily view themselves as having been put into this world, an outsider thrown down here to take the world. When in the East, what I believe and am speaking of, we are a part of nature completely. Another view is a strict, scientific view. You are one continuous body of energy with new streams flowing in and out constantly. So just in the way you move your foot you shine the sun, you see?

>>19481054
As far as I am aware you have three choices.

You could fuck off as a spirit for as long as you want to explore and experience in a non-physical body until you want to return to the cycle of physical being or just keep chilling as a spirit until Brain wakes up and the dream ends.

Follow the psychopomp that you identify with to whatever afterlife you believe you should have; Christian Hell is one, but the thing about this "eternal punishment" is that you can leave anytime you want. We are only punished in the afterlife because we believe we should be; otherwise you go to what heaven you believe you deserve. Personally I might just chill out in the first sphere of Hell for a good while.

Lastly, if you understand who we really are, you can give up the physical realm and dream your own dream.
>>
>>19479653

Imagine you're God, you know everything & are both everything and not everything at the same time, you exist beyond time and perception, so whay do you do?

You can't read a book, watch a movie because you know everything already, the only way you can 'evolve' is to forget what you are & forget what you are, so you can remember, and then when you remember you'll forget again, and so on.
>>
>>19481216
I'm not well versed with the history of God, but as for the history of human beings, when a person is incredibly intelligent they tend to just kill themselves or others.
>>
>>19481198
>humans vs nature
Hopefully not what I was implying at all. My point was just that our existence as a part of the world is vastly complex and intricate. You can take it for granted and work within that framework, I'm not trying to stop that. I'm just saying that *truly* accepting and integrating that perspective is far more complex than simply overcoming the local archetypes.
>>
>>19481198
>until Brain wakes up and the dream ends.
Will we cease to exist or will we just wake up as the person who had the dream?
>>
>>19481255
He's not speaking of "God", as in Yahweh. He is speaking of something greater than him; I use the Him term for Brahmin. This is a being that has spread itself out through the universe to become everything so it can experience itself from different perspectives until all ends in fire, it wakes up, spend some time as itself and enjoying it's full existence, then sleeps and dreams it all again.
>>
>>19481363
I wasn't either. 'God' is a simple way of describing something higher than oneself.

It just seems odd to me that a creature with infinite wisdom would spend its time dreaming or experiencing. It would make more sense for it to attempt to destroy itself from sheer boredom or sheer madness. One or the other.
>>
>>19479142

>does everyone have one

Yep.

>earned or are people born with them

You get it the moment you're conceived.

>can you lose them

Nope. We're recycled.

>what are they worth

Priceless. This human life is our turn to meet our creator. We can either waste it or use it, but wasting it is like throwing away a multi-billion dollar lottery ticket. Who does that?

Just try and get closer to god, whatever faith tradition you are (or aren't). And relax. This is god's creation, we're inside of it as we speak, and God is inside of every single one of us whether we like it or not. What happens is by his command, whether we see the good in it or not.

That's a tremendous weight off anyone. So try to enjoy it.
>>
>>19479478
This anon is quite accurate with their description of the soul. Consciousnesses that exist on a multidimensional level have the ability to fuse souls with another individual to create a shared consciousness between souls. The only way to diffuse the two souls is by shattering them. A virgin soul is a soul that has never experienced fusion with another soul. Earth is a garden world full of virgin and recycled shattered souls. If you have any questions, I will answer to the best of my ability based on the knowledge I've received.
>>
>>19481404
Why would two souls want to fuse together?
>>
>>19481433
They're weak apart, but their traits would mix to become something they both desire. They just feel so comfortable with the other's presence that they fuse organically. They have special traits that will allow them to separate when they can and only merge to survive in times of hardship. It could be for any reason.
>>
>>19481433
To share consciousnesses. When two souls fuse, the consciousnesses becomes linked, and forms a telepathic communication with each other. It's how collective consciousness is formed. From the information I was given, there are several species of life that have fused souls and become one big collective consciousness. This enables them to understand each other without using any kind physical or verbal communication. Instead, one would simply have to look within to understand others due to the sharing of thoughts and feelings within the shared consciousness.
>>
>>19481463
Sounds like Stephen Universe.

>>19481502
Sounds like an ant colony.

As a human being, the thought of being fused to something else until being forcibly removed (one of you said shattered; what does that even mean? It sounds horrible) is unnerving. What does it matter if they're 'weak' apart? Do they need to be strong, and if so, why?
>>
>>19481295

I didn't mean to say you thought in that fashion, I may sadly have assumed it, though. It is a result of western philosophy that in graduated itself through Abrahamic teachings. Sorry I made this assumption.

I also don't take existence for granted, I take it for what it is; just existence. The way that the universe has evolved is quite complicated, but knowing all those intricacies isn't necessary to overcome our conditioning.

You may be correct and by solely trying to overcome my humanistic tendencies and conditioning, I'll never get anywhere.

But that's alright. I have any times around that I can work to figure it out, If I desire. But I feel I will want to spend some time in some afterlives before I inhabit a physical body again.

>>19481350

Upon waking all of us will remember who we are, come together as a whole being once more and spend some time celebrating what we have just done and enjoying just being ourselves once more. Then we will sleep and dream once more.

Do not fear obliviation after death. See, that's an experience of nothing and we know nature abhors a vacuum. There will always be something for us to do.
>>
>>19481380
Terribly sorry, I saw the big G and assumed that you were utilizing the term in the English fashion as speaking of the Judeo-Christian-Muslim god, Yahweh.

Fuck, Im assuming too much, damn acid.

>>19481390
That sounds absolutely horrid. The point of existence is to spend the whole time fretting and begging a god to be nice to you? It sounds like an ideology of fear and submission.
>>
>>19481533
It's not about being weak apart. Any soul can go its entire existence by itself and expand its consciousness alone. However, understanding different thought forms from different beings is much more simple when fusing souls with said individual. You still retain your free will, so long as that is agreed upon during negotiations, and you still retain your own separate point of view. You simply share a telepathic link between you, and the other individual who's soul you have been fused with. It is a reward for shifting up to the next level of consciousness, and it also rewards you with an expanded knowledge of the universe by helping you telepathically link with another consciousness that might understand a certain aspect better than you would without it.
>>
>>19481596
I forgot to add the name.
>>
>>19481533
No, souls don't need anything. It is only in the absence of need that want can arise and will can form. It's just that what you want might not be accessible to you in your current form, in relation to realms available to experience it in. In any reality proximate to our own, soul merging is rare. The way >>19481502 describes it makes it sound like complete hell, when we already struggle with our own individual emotions and identities.

Obviously you wouldn't be looking to fuse with a soul just because your traits would mix to become something amazing. Your personalities would need to fit, you'd need to actually want it. I was just saying there are reasons for it, not that any one reason is a full explanation. It could be done for any reason.

>>19481561
>Sorry I made this assumption.
No sweat. You're not wrong, I'm just a little out of the ordinary myself. In any case, I cannot in good conscience ask you to never make assumptions about people. I thought I had a good handle on things but this time period is seriously fucked up.
>>
Can I create my own reality with magic powers and put myself in that reality in a physical body?

I daydream a lot and I've grown attached to the characters that I've created. It hurts knowing that when I die, these characters will no longer exist. If I can, I want to bring them to life.
>>
>>19481624
Yes. Fair enough. Thank you for your support in explaining the reasoning. I've only just begun learning much of the process for fusing souls. I'm trying to share the knowledge as best as I can in hopes that explaining it to others helps me better understand the next step in consciousness so I can, in turn, fuse my soul with another individual.
>>
>>19481630
Why would you believe they disappear when you die? Where are they stored? Where is their world? Where does your mind exist?
>>
>>19481630
>Can I create my own reality

Well. You're literate, right? If you write a book, a really good (or infamous) book that everybody knows, then you've created a reality. Harry Potter is more real to me than the prime minister of Canada.
>>
>>19481624
Well, we are living in the last epoch before Shiva baths reality in fire and Brahmin/all of us wake up.
>>
>>19479142
Additional question building off of it. If AI continues towards actual sentience in the future, is having a soul the only advantage over it we'll have or can it get one of those too
>>
>>19480568

We are a Triune Being. An Alchemical Trinity of Salt, Sulfur and Mercury.

This stands for the Body, Soul and Spirit.

Our Soul is what the Demiurge uses to trap us in his Matrix the Black Cube.

But we have the Spirit of the Aeons in us. It is the Divine Spark.
>>
>>19482146
Ehhh, the Demiurgic system is just one of many in this cosmos. Yahweh, the Demiurge, all of it is just some fuckers playing like they own the place. Yahweh's just a powerful fucker because he has three major world religions feeding into his ego.
>>
>>19482146
Body/mind/spirit complex exactly like from the law of one!
>>19479523
>>
>>19479582
Yeah, I agree, however I think the law of one goes in depth enough and is scientific enough that it is much different from the usual stuff. The book series is from the first years of the 80s, before this stuff got the popularity it has now I think.
>>
You have multiple "bodies" (corresponding to the "planes" they function on), which can be divided into 3 main categories: physical & etheric, astral & mental, and spirital.

Depending on which occult author you are reading, they will use the word "soul" differently. For example, Franz Bardon, popular for his hermetic training system, typically uses "body" to refer to the physical and etheric bodies, "soul" to refer to the astral body, and "spirit" to refer to the mental body.

Other authors would use the world "soul" to refer to the collective astral AND mental bodies, using "spirit" only for those eternal parts that go beyond mental. Others will use "souls" to refer to those highest aspects that go beyond the mental bodies.

So it all depends on what you are reading, but it seems like the most common usage for "soul" these days is to use it to refer to the astral body, while using "spirit" for the higher bodies.
>>
>>19483014
Yes!!
47.8 Questioner: In our esoteric literature numerous bodies are listed. I have here a list of the physical body, the etheric, the emotional, the astral, and the mental. Can you tell me if this listing is the proper number, and can you tell me the uses and purposes and effects, etc., of each of these or any other bodies that may be in our mind/body/spirit complex?
Ra: I am Ra. To answer your query fully would be the work of many sessions such as this one, for the interrelationships of the various bodies and each body’s effects in various situations is an enormous study. However, we shall begin by referring your minds back to the spectrum of true colors and the usage of this understanding in grasping the various densities of your octave.

We have the number seven repeated from the macrocosm to the microcosm in structure and experience. Therefore, it would only be expected that there would be seven basic bodies which we would perhaps be most lucid by stating as red-ray body, etc. However, we are aware that you wish to correspond these bodies mentioned with the color rays. This will be confusing, for various teachers have offered their teach/learning understanding in various terms. Thus one may name a subtle body one thing and another find a different name.

The red-ray body is your chemical body. However, it is not the body which you have as clothing in the physical. It is the unconstructed material of the body, the elemental body without form. This basic unformed material body is important to understand for there are healings which may be carried out by the simple understanding of the elements present in the physical vehicle.

The orange-ray body is the physical body complex. This body complex is still not the body you inhabit but rather the body formed without self-awareness, the body in the womb before the spirit/mind complex enters. This body may live without the inhabitation of the mind and spirit complexes. However, it seldom does so.

Cont
>>
>>19483062
>>19483014
The yellow-ray body is your physical vehicle which you know of at this time and in which you experience catalyst. This body has the mind/body/spirit characteristics and is equal to the physical illusion, as you have called it.

The green-ray body is that body which may be seen in séance when what you call ectoplasm is furnished. This is a lighter body packed more densely with life. You may call this the astral body following some other teachings. Others have called this same body the etheric body. However, this is not correct in the sense that the etheric body is that body of gateway wherein intelligent energy is able to mold the mind/body/spirit complex.

The light body or blue-ray body may be called the devachanic body. There are many other names for this body especially in your so-called Indian Sutras or writings, for there are those among these peoples which have explored these regions and understand the various types of devachanic bodies. There are many, many types of bodies in each density, much like your own.

The indigo-ray body which we choose to call the etheric body is, as we have said, the gateway body. In this body form is substance and you may only see this body as that of light as it may mold itself as it desires.

The violet-ray body may perhaps be understood as what you might call the Buddha body or that body which is complete.

Cont
>>
>>19483014
>>19483067
Each of these bodies has an effect upon your mind/body/spirit complex in your life beingness. The interrelationships, as we have said, are many and complex.

Perhaps one suggestion that may be indicated is this: The indigo-ray body may be used by the healer once the healer becomes able to place its consciousness in this etheric state. The violet-ray or Buddhic body is of equal efficacy to the healer for within it lies a sense of wholeness which is extremely close to unity with all that there is. These bodies are part of each entity and the proper use of them and understanding of them is, though far advanced from the standpoint of third-density harvest, nevertheless useful to the adept.

>http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=47#8
My favorite question and answer!
>>
One is not born with a soul, but cultivates one through their experiences
>>
>>19479494
Wrong and dumb, the existence of a soul is well outside the scope of science
>>
>>19483079
So are children soulless then? Because that would explain some things.
>>
>>19483097
>Wrong and dumb, the existence of a soul is well outside the scope of science
Wrong and dumb, the existence of a soul is well inside the scope of science
>>
>>19479142
That is so sperm
>It's fun with three too
>>
>>19483385
You're so sperm.
>>
>>19479523
That's not new age in the slightest. That's how some sects of Hinduism interpret reality. It's only "New Age" because it came across into western culture in the 50s/60s, primarily by Alan Watts.
>>
>>19483097
You do realize there are many things that are outside the scope of science, yes? For instance, just off the top of my head, the brain. We still don't know why consciousness exists or how exactly it is created within the brain. The running theory is that it is just a result of the biological processes, but it is still not understood.

Hell, we're still figuring out what the fuck everything is built out of. Quantum physics is a lot of mathematical conjecture that often doesn't even gel with itself.
>>
>>19479738
Where in the brain? When and why does it form? We are not conscious from birth and we can lose massive amounts of brain matter yet remain conscious.
>>
>>19484367
How do you know we're not conscious from birth?
>>
>>19484367
The brain is simply a part of the body that the plant has grown. Consciousness actually forms a little before birth. The reason babies seem like they don't really have consciousness is that they have no experiences to draw upon to show us they are. You can't speak language unless you experience the process of being taught.
>>
>>19484397
Fuck, I meant

The brain is simply a part of the body that the PLANET has grown.
>>
>>19484323
Oh that's true about the philosophy! The philosophy is the best part of the book. But there is a lot of stuff that may cause probomes for some people, since it's a channeling of 'higher density" aliens, supposedly. But if you don't believe the alien stuff, I think the philosophical aspects of the book are magnificent and expressed beautifully.
>>
>>19484536
Alan Watts is an amazing philosopher who really influenced a lot of what I've come to believe. Many of my experiences bolster these ideas and that's the view of reality I've come to accept as my own.

As for Hinduism, yeah, they get into some weird stuff. But you don't have to believe everything they wrote about to believe in the Brahmin.
>>
>>19485013
Please:

Brahmin - a group of people in the brahminical caste
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahmin

Brahman - a nondual spiritual substance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman
>>
>>19485231
Bollocks, thanks mate.
>>
>>19484417
Basically. I view it like the ego itself and identity as a whole are just an evolutionary trait that gives a clear advantage over all other species.
>>
>>19485650
Well, partially true. Animals have egos themselves, just very rudimentary versions. We see this in apes, dolphins, and whales. These are also creatures that are masters of their particular environments.

As Alan Watts puts it, the ego is just a radar we use to focus our attention upon the world around us. The ego is not the self. The self is much grander than just the narrow portion of our biological processes that we process the universe through.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.