[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astral projection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (618KB, 1895x1067px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
618KB, 1895x1067px
Hey /x/, i'm planning on trying astral projection to see if that's really working, but my problem is the following:
I'm not a religious person nor do I believe in stuff like demons and "evil spirits" but the side note that your body could be possessed by something else while you're projecting really bothers me, especially how the people trying to convince you of doing it ensure you that there is absolutely no danger and "nothing happens if you don't think about it", which seems incredibly suspicious to me, because if we just consider that its possible to get somehow possessed in anyway, wouldn't the first thing a possessed being would do be telling everyone on the internet how fun and absolutely not dangerous that is, to get more people to disconnect their souls giving it or its "friends" the possibility of invading even more bodies?..

I don't believe in spoopy bullshit but since this is one of the things everyone can try for himself and that really seems to be more than some larping I really want to try this but risking my soul? It could just be an easier more secure way of lucid dreaming, i'll see that myself, but does anyone have convincing arguments as to why this isn't some possible trap for mindless paranormal amateurs, set up to lure them into loosing their body?
Pic not related btw...
>>
>>19478564
One argument for it is the fact that this topic isn't very "mainstream" if it was a way for demons or some shit to leak into the real world they'd use the people they captured to get into positions of power to propagate this everywhere so that in a few days the entire human race would fall victim to them...
>>
You remain tethered to your body.
If something funky happens with the body, you'll be alerted.
It's not like you're completely disconnected from your body.
>>
>>19478579
I heard that this line tends to get weaker if you go further away from your body and that some people don't see this line at all. If it can get weaker doesn't this mean it could be cut?
Also quite the same thing, the only one reporting this are people who have alread done it, meaning they could just be possessed.
Most convincing are arguments like the one I gave as an example above, which just make it seem illogical that people get possessed by doing this...
>>
>>19478616
Anon, if some great demonic power wanted to possess large swaths of the populace without too much trouble, would they do some round-about shit like this, or would they use TV?
>>
According to Robert Bruce your consciousness gets split, so you are both inside your body AND projecting. While I haven't succesfully projected, I've felt this splitting when waking from a lucid dream and in dream paralysis.

A lot of people astral project every now and then, but are unable to integrate the memories back to waking consciousness.
>>
>>19478692
What if you split your consciousness some how like a tulpa? Wouldn't it be safer somehow?
>>
>>19478564

Read Astral Dynamics and go practice with the time you're devoting towards posting/reading 4chan.
>>
>>19478564
Astral projection would have been called devil magic even 100 years ago, like scrying and divination.

It will open you up to "Astral entities", aka spirits, and mess you up.
>>
>>19478806
Seconding this.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.