[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ What is Love? (in exception of babies hurting others)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: heart-chakra-color[1].jpg (31KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
heart-chakra-color[1].jpg
31KB, 680x400px
What is it exactly on a /x/ point of view? Every time I watch or read something and they mention its all about Love I get triggered and suddenly get sceptical labelling it all New Age crap. Every time a hippie mentions Love and how they Love everything it just smells garbage and truly gives me the vibe they don't mean it or even understand it at all, they are just trying to do it just as a newfag forces their shitty memes.

So what is it exactly? How does it have to do with the true path to enlightenment, understanding and ascension of the human being.
>>
Me too desu, I despise the word and think people are lazy to use it. It's just a catch-all term.
>>
Love is all there is, everything exists for the sake of love not for loves sake.
>>
>>19478481
Pretty much, that's why crimes against love are the ones people can't never left behind.

Betraying someone that loved it's how people lost their souls.
>>
>>19478481
Exactly my point.
>>
>>19478466
baby dont hurt me xd
>>
You are a substantial unity. What is special about this substantial unity is its knowing. Much like how computers are informed of data sets, you are informed of your own knowing. You know that you know, or you are aware.
This can be imagined as the buddhi, a sphere of mental matter with infinite facets of knowing which are all radiating simultaneously. What is known as Love is the harmony of this self-knowing.
>>
>>19478517
So if I Love something what does it mean?
>>
When you resolved your inner conflicts and saw behind the mask of the ego, there arise an understanding of suffering and the struggles of human condition. From this understanding you start to see the others with the eyes of compassion, from this compassion is born spiritual love
>>
File: randy.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
randy.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
>>19478474
>>19478466
So you're butthurt/surprised that people are generally too stupid to even know what a word means, yet still misuse it?

Wow! I bet you don't believe there's ever ((literally)) anything.

How about you stop being a justified asshole and actually consider what "Love" might be, instead of getting triggered?

Here, I did the thing for you:
"Love, friendship, respect, admiration are the emotional response of one man to the virtues of another, the spiritual payment given in exchange for the personal, selfish pleasure which one man derives from the virtues of another man’s character. Only a brute or an altruist would claim that the appreciation of another person’s virtues is an act of selflessness, that as far as one’s own selfish interest and pleasure are concerned, it makes no difference whether one deals with a genius or a fool, whether one meets a hero or a thug, whether one marries an ideal woman or a slut." - Ayn Rand
>>
>>19478466
Love is the void between two points being connected through intention. All things exist due to this property. There would be no energy without the property of love. Our brains intrinsically use this property for cognition -- the relationship between the left and right hemispheres is a void being filled with information that doesn't exist.
>>
>>19478529
It means, your harmony is growing more expansive, it is multiplying it's inner reflection by itself.
To God though, love could also mean in a general sense that you have good will toward it.
>>
Positive magnet moving toward negative magnet that's also moving toward it, they both collide and neutralized each other.

That's love.

Everything else that follows like it, is also in love.
>>
>>19478466
BTW, if you're sick of "hippy" explanations? Why ask /x/? When most of the people who post here can't give a straight answer to something without mentioning something esoteric or metaphorical?
>>
>>
Going kinda pseudosmartass here:

>>19478533
I was kinda triggered to the fact that it's hard to learn from other truth seeker beings when they seem misguided with the concept.

>>19478538
Looks like the void and the space between interaction is Love. Even a Hero and a Villain have this Love because they only make sense together even if being opposites? But even similar things can also attract each other and its also Love?

>>19478539
Thinking and following what is right is Love?

>>19478546
The end result of Love is neutralisation and destruction of the parts? This is what it looks like for me saying it like that.

>>19478548
If I ask somewhere else I get scepticism and/or no replies.
>>
>>19478578
>The end result of Love is neutralisation and destruction of the parts? This is what it looks like for me saying it like that.

End result is union of polarities :^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JnyC_yh1Sc
>>
>>19478578
>Thinking and following what is right is Love?
Yes, it is the expression of love as desire.
>>
File: 1478010067014.jpg (15KB, 328x323px) Image search: [Google]
1478010067014.jpg
15KB, 328x323px
>>19478578
Yes, the hero/villain complex is love. All things are related through love whether they are opposites or not. Existing in this universe instills infinite qualities of love and harmony in you.
>>
>>19478533
>ayn rand
try harder next time
>>
>>19478466
>>19478481
>Love is all there is, everything exists for the sake of love not for loves sake.
>>19478489
>Pretty much, that's why crimes against love are the ones people can't never left behind.

The Creator of All Things is Love. If you are giving and receiving true Love, you are experiencing the presence of God by whatever name you wish to call or understand Him. The type of love that characterizes God is not a sappy, sentimental feeling such as we often hear portrayed. God loves because that is His nature and the expression of His being. He loves the unlovable and the unlovely, not because we deserve to be loved or because of any excellence we possess, but because it is His nature to love and He must be true to His nature. True Love embraces a universal, unconditional Love that transcends and persists regardless of circumstance. It is always shown by what it does, and involves faithfulness, commitment, and an act of the will. It is distinguished from the other types of Love by its moral nature and strong character. It is not a feeling; it's a motivation for action that we are free to choose or reject. It is a sacrificial Love that voluntarily suffers inconvenience, discomfort, and even death for the benefit of another without expecting anything in return.

Warning: it is supernatural. If you betray it, you betray what created you, and in which thing you find your very being. It may come along once in your life, twice if you're lucky, and if you discard it, you will sow seeds of hate and fear into your reality that will bear a fearsome karmic burden in your future. The First Cause sends you True Love at the right time because you are ready, and if you reject it, it will probably never serve up another such Love in your life your you to use, abuse, lie to, betray, and reject. Do not be deceived, whatsoever a man sows, that also he reaps.
>>
>>19481330
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.
>>
>>19478489
>Pretty much, that's why crimes against love are the ones people can't never left behind.
>Betraying someone that loved it's how people lost their souls.
this.

it's like yin and yang.

betray love, and all that love turns to hate.

my kung fu teacher/monk taught me that.
>>
>>19478466
>So what is it exactly?
Acceptance. Some people feel overwhelmed and thankful when they are accepted, as if something like that has never, ever happened in their life.

It's why a psychopath seems manipulative, even though they don't have a soul. It's why cults start doing evil shit after enough time passes. It's why freedom is good and true, and why nations go to war to protect their current mode of acceptance. When someone feels truly accepted, that they can literally be anything they want to be, why do they feel like this is anything other than inherently normal?

When you can answer that question, you have attained some sort of enlightenment, some way to cope with the world around you without harming yourself or others. Only when everyone can accept everyone else, when no society rejects any person for who they are, or who they think they are, and can understand and respond intelligently to every type of person, will we truly ascend to a new mode of evolution.

There's just one little problem.

Acceptance does not imply reciprocity.
>>
>>19478466

love isn't anything more than a commitment.

It's about commiting to do what you can to continue that commitment while you can.

Remove any sort of flowery wording around it any it's just you entering into a social contract with another person that you both want to help the other grow and survive.

Be it the love between friends or the love of a spouse, it's the same. You want that person to thrive as much as you want yourself to thrive

I don't want to get into the love of offspring. I don't feel like it's really Love. It's a baser response.
>>
>>19478466
Love describes one's conscious realization of their connection to other beings. It means that one is capable of caring for another as one cares for oneself.
Love occurs when there are two people who want to be around one another. Once this feeling is extended to the entire world, one is capable of loving everything.
Love is not complicated. Everyone has something in life that they love. This is what makes life worth pursuing.
If there is no love in one's life, there is a drastic decrease in the happiness that one has to offer the world.
Your judgement of love denotes a fear of love Love is not something to be feared.
>>
>>19481330
>First Cause sends you True Love at the right time because you are ready
but what is first cause?
>>
You can love anything. Yourself, others. Love can be seen in shades. The quality of it depends on the observer.
Is a completely self absorbed individual not in love with themselves? Is this love not real simply because it serves one and not others? I would argue this is a very powerful form of love, but it is a distortion of the true love of the ALL which is the pervasive force that holds us all together. Eveything else is just a shade of that truth.

Choose what you love wisely OP. The same applies to anything you would choose to hate if you so desire. Both create entanglements.
>>
>>19478466
No love just hate, i swear that it's the same.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.