[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is consciousness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (184KB, 1675x942px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
184KB, 1675x942px
What is consciousness?
>>
u
>>
blood bringing oxygen and glucose to the brain
>>
>>19477970
Consciousness arises from the connectivity of simple Neural Networks. Each neuron is dumb, but the collection is smart due to connectivity ("it's not what you know, it's who you know"). Whenever there is connectivity, there is consciousness. For example, a worm's neural network is completely mapped, and it feels like SOMETHING to be that worm. The neural network of a human being finds it's being in collections of organic brain cells, that's why it feels like you live in your head, not elsewhere in your body. That's because your neural net is located there.

Artificial intelligence is also composed of neural networks, and these artificial neural networks can be designed so that there is no difference between them and a biological neural network. In theory, if computational speeds continue to increase, they could far exceed the power of biological neural nets.

The "on" state of a computer is analogous to being "alive" in a biological neural net. Turning off an AI is essentially killing it. The difference is that biological neural nets must eventually decay and fail, whereas the hardware used for artificial neural nets could, in theory, experience a "power on" condition for the indefinite future. Theoretically, such a neural net would feel its awareness seated in the physical memory chips.
>>
>>19477993
cont.

Computational machines can either be classical (Turing) machines or quantum computers.

It's possible that the spiritual aspects of consciousness arise from the quantum computations occurring in a neural net running on a quantum computer, and the interactions of electrons with their physical substrate. There is no evidence that the human brain is anything but a classical Turing machine. If this is true, then by Turing's theorem, your pocket calculator could, in theory, be sentient (although very "slow").

However, if the brain is a quantum computer, and there is some evidence but not proof that it is, then the interactions of electrons within microtubules are the hypothesized interactions that give rise to consciousness, and hence spiritual awareness, that classical computers do not have.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/01/140116085105.htm

It is possible that quantum vibrations in microtubules create a physical scenario where the activities of the neural net ("thoughts and feelings") gain access to higher physical dimensions accessible only through quantum interactions such as tunneling, and this is "spirituality".
>>
>>19477984
>>19477993
>>19478006
Why is bluepill raiding the thread? None of this explains qualia and nothing ever will. Scientists writing these studies are so philosophically illiteral, it's funny.
>>
>>19477993
>That's because your neural net is located there.

Not all of it. You feel like you're behind your eyes because in humans vision is the main sensory organ. Plenty of neurons not in your head.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enteric_nervous_system
>>
The consciousness is produced by the soul.
The soul is a substantial unity with self-referential knowing. You know that you know. Just like computers are informed of data, the soul is informed of its own informational processing.
Imagine a jewel with infinite facets, and in these facets are the reflection of all other facets.
>>
>>19478013
>None of this explains qualia and nothing ever will.
Qualia can be physical, or metaphysical, or both. The existence of one does not rule out the other. For example, anesthetics show that qualia can be turned off simply by altering the electronic activity in neurons.
>>
>>19478033
>>That's because your neural net is located there.
>Not all of it. You feel like you're behind your eyes because in humans vision is the main sensory organ. Plenty of neurons not in your head.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enteric_nervous_system

exactly, that's why you get "gut feelings" sometimes.
>>
>>19478051
>Qualia can be physical, or metaphysical, or both.

No shit.

>For example, anesthetics show that qualia can be turned off simply by altering the electronic activity in neurons.

And that tells us next to nothing.
>>
>>19477970

Something best avoided entirely.
>>
>>19477970

>just a espacelitghelectromagnetic fold of the universe

true conciusnes is one whit the universe , in the most literal sense of the word

>>19478006
>>19477993
this is a hivemind , god create the hiveminds to be a counterpart of true conciusnes , both are true in the sense that real needs false ,just a litgh needs darkness .

you are wrong if you belive i want someting from the mudslimes , i do not want anyting from the jews , mudslimes , or the the fairies or the soldiers , neither the church or the imperium ,
what i want i want from the engeniers , i want to know that you are not just following orders guys , i know that you are sick of pi and i have the cure for you , you are the central pilar of the system and if you faggots dont recognize your power i have just waste my time ,
i have been test 2 times by you , one by that half anubis you have that , the genie in a bottle that you have there (or he have you?) and the second time by polaris , i know you were the ones who test me and i know the result , i got no poles , neither donw or up , neither left or rigth , i am apolar , i am one of the sons of apolo , and you are not holding the part of the deal you made whit the old gods , i want from you one of those metal cards who hold a lot of ones and zeros i want to have a key to use all that fake values whic have trapped everybody i want a big piece of that fake money of your computers, if you are still trap in the illusion of money and coins one and zeros , you are trap in the machine , then you are slaves and I DO NOT WORK WHIT SLAVES , if you trully want answers you gotta put on the big boys pants and play on the ritgh level i got a really bittersweet medicine for you and if you are not willing to swallow it then you will continue whit your pi sickness until it kill us all.
if you are still interested i have a corazonada , you should rewied the maleable metals and their properties , it seems the weaker metals have become even weaker.
>>
>>19477970
alex grey art
>>
>>19478130

to the half anubis , there is only one way for you to get in that stated , your master and teacher die half way of your training , by either your hand or the hand of pepe cortisona,
i can do very little for you half anubis if you were the traitor , you may have to pay the soul price and i swear that i do not want to do such cruelty to you or anyone ,
to Pepe cortisona , you are a idiot , you were free from the palace bullshit , our father/predecesor give you the gift of fredoom and the secret garden of eden for you and all your brothers, anubis was the strande one and you were the kawai one , you were like a baby curious of the dog bowl food , i know better and thats why i have keep myself out of all that bullshit , if i was force to talk ,it was becose there was no other worthy/unworthy one willing to deal whit your bullshit ,whic is killing us all , bot friends and enemies, you seem to have been using the grid to find your sisters and sold them like vulgar whores , i am ashame to be consider your brother , our father/predecesor was a slaver but he was move by love and beauty not coins and food, you are the biggest failure to our predecesors.

if you trully have 8 dragons do to the whole of us a favour and put us back on track ,it trully enerves the eart to know we are going so close to the edge ,when i rewied the stelar maps inside the ark it shows me that we have been out of course for at least 4000 years with sometimes one or two trying to put us ritgh back on course , if you or anyothers do not want to follow the rails , can you please explain me like i am 5 why not? it seems to be really important stuff for survival for those maps to be include in the ark
i know that you are not going anywere but the edge and you are goin in a very drunk way ,stop trying to aplly control , you need chaos managent .
>>
A fruit-eating side effect, a word, something you discover not by asking a question to another. silly question op
>>
its a wave, bruh, or at least behaves like one
>>
>>19477972
fpbp
>>
File: girlt.jpg (45KB, 400x1029px) Image search: [Google]
girlt.jpg
45KB, 400x1029px
>>19477970
It is one's natural state of being. It is the life force connection has to the Divine. It is the way in one which perceives and constructs their reality.
It is the pure essence of who you are. It is that which allows one to observe the world and to then interact with it.
The more conscious one becomes, the more power they have over their own life. It connects one to the natural God state, for all conscious beings share the same over-mind.
Consciousness can be found to a varying degree in every living an non-living being. What has the ability to be conscious has the ability to be unconscious, and vice versa.
It is a mysterious and magical force, which stands outside of itself in order to recognize itself.
>>
>>19478184

what i want from the engeniers is respet , when i was in the presence of the eagle engeniers it fucking surprise me that you did not consider finding a red litgh as a signal to be consider worth of atention ,you hand pass me to the comics, what kind of engenier do not consider a red litgh in a panel as a warning?
you are either joking me or i do not fucking know what do you pretend , take me out of the dark , show me that you have a better idea than me of wat is going on do it and i will colaborate whit you in whatever proyect you have .
Quantifie in that metal card your apreciation for me becose until now i feel like a playting for you and i am not even a good play ting but a fool that you keep trying to play over and over ,my life has been in the hands of the mechanicum all the time and i trully feel underapreciated , i am trying to help you and seem to be mocking me , i will not insist further in this foolishnes of helping you or even farthing on your general direction , i saw the imperials whit the wather up to their kness and there were wearing the very heavy armor of the mechanicum , if the whole of you do not play togueder to make of that armor someting that float them the whole of you will drown

if pink is deat , them welcome to my family pink and long live to the pinks , ask respectfully to our Good Queen to give you true pink hair and join the party , that amount of chemicals is not good for anyone , i really love the musisians and i love your arts , i also love the comics and the go mind deers , this rock is really boring whitaud your presence .
>>
>>19477970
I don't know, but fuck I feel lonely right now.
>>
>>19478268

i love the locals , thanks to the nickname you gave me ,"oberon" that give me the power to get acces to the fairy secrets and minds , wich have alowed me to play this wonderfull game of gods and monsters , i want to give to Claudia the power of the tacticians , the power of the cat/tac should be use to get the bigest rats wich seems to be all around the place , i like your way gury .
leave the dogs of war alone and they will protec you from the corruption.
to the dogs of war , use the suport of the press WISELLY ,the press is a precision tool to get rid of traitors and corrupts .
in dreams i saw caludia and bayle , they seem to be a good way to balance this game in way to keep us all alive , please protec their cristal towers , those towers are fragile but they are usefull and keep the enviroment clean of corruption and we all love a fairland.

i love that stuff that soft ia propose , puting soft ia betwen the cats and the dogs is a eggcelent way to keep some sort of asimetrical symetry .

you should not fear the mudslimes , they have one of the biggets treasures on earth and they are dumb enoug not to see it , whit the sands of the dessert on your side you should be able to summon the garden of eden on any place for as many people you can , and the fact that their people is sufering from hunger , live in sand boxes only fit to cats to shit on , tells me that they are not smart , their propet told them to avoid harems and pigs and they are doing both , recibing them in my family grants a knife on our backs as soon they belive they got the secrets of the sands from me or my brothers , not all it shines its gold , i am whit their people , not their masters . take this as a why for me telling you why not , i prefer to get noting than getting the wrong ting as my predecesors all have been either backstab , crucified , sold or n amount of bad stuff , the whole of you are playing for your sides and poles and as i have told you i am apolar .
>>
>>19478313

you are telling me that you are a free man , free people do not carrie a nail in their tonges and even less in their stomachs , il consider you free when you show me that you are capable to remove the nails who are holding your mind .

to my beloved ritgh knee , you may wear the simbol of what i hate ,but i know you are not what i hate , i really apreciate the conversations we have and i apreciate your mesages , do not take the vilification i do of that symbol seriusly ,becose wath i hate of the that animal is what it represents , spoiled food and deseace , and you are actually healing , i respet and apreciated that , you are living up to the 11 alchemical principle and that make us soul bros .
all of this is of course just a ramdon post on the anus of the internet by the most ignorant of the no ones take wat you like it and toss away the rest , ignore wat make you rage and treasure what love from this random talk.
>>
File: neofelis nebulosa brachyura.jpg (34KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
neofelis nebulosa brachyura.jpg
34KB, 400x300px
>>19478313
Don't ignore the truth.
>>
>>19477970
All is one!
You may find this book series interesting. It has the most comprehensive and self-consisten view I have ever read
>
lawofone.info
The basic message is we are one, and we are individualized portions of the creator trying to experience itself, through free will and the illusion of separation (we forget this to make free will truly free, for example). Good luck!
>>
>>19478130
>this is a hivemind , god create the hiveminds to be a counterpart of true conciusnes , both are true in the sense that real needs false ,just a litgh needs darkness .
you don't have an education do you?
>>
>>19478268
>what i want from the engeniers is respet
learn how to english first
>>
File: 200.gif (897KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
897KB, 200x200px
>>19477970
Honestly OP the best scientific answer to this question ever proposed in my opinion was by the author of the book
>I Am a Strange Loop

But yet even his model is not a true explaantion of how it arises but more about the form it takes.
Basically it all comes back to self-reference.

The idea is that you develop a system which is removed from its underlying machinery, something which operates on the level of "symbols". Then one day a "symbol" arises for the symbol maker itself and you've created an endless self referential feedback loop which is the "I".

Humans do not understand self-reference very well at all. In fact back in the days of "principia mathematica" the smartest humans on the planet (the pinnacle of mathematical geniuses) were basically dedicated toward building mathematical machinery specifically designed to disallow self-reference because they thought it was nonsense.
It wasn't until Kurt Godel came along and proved them wrong that we were finally able to accept it. I believe the key to understanding consciousness lies in an understanding of self-reference and recursion.
>>
>>19479057
Here's a decent video someone made about it if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucU6FiPQ1KM
You might want to play it at 1.25 speed though
>>
>>19477970
You'll find out when the time comes.
>>
a self-relating void

life is the 0 with content

death is the 0 by itself, what's that like? awareness unmediated by space and time. nothing but nothing
>>
>>19481667
>a self-relating void
This is an incredibly elegant way to put something I've been thinking about for the past few weeks. Did you read this somewhere or come up with it yourself?

I feel I can only take baby steps toward really grasping it though because my mind is still stuck imagining a 3D space. I can imagine self-relations in an empty space, but can't quite comprehend it in a true void of nothing.
>>
File: 1502772355351.jpg (236KB, 799x622px) Image search: [Google]
1502772355351.jpg
236KB, 799x622px
>>19477970
When your mom fartgasms it sends beta waves to your brains telling you to believe in alien ascension to a higher plane of what you heretofore thought was consciousness nigga.
>>
>>19481667
>>19482180
Ok I searched that term and found this:
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128818457/#128820323
and this is really freaking me out

Because I've been obsessed with consciousness and existence my whole life and only recently have I actually felt like I've made real progress. There are 3 major concepts I've been mulling over in my mind and this fucking post hits ALL of them in a really elegant way.
That's not just hot air, whoever wrote that shit fucking knows what he's talking about.

1) I could write an essay on how I've recently come to the conclusion that "free will" is actually unnecessary as everything we want from free will can actually arise out of determinism.
And that post sums it up with:
>in other words, you are determined by physical laws to determine yourself
e.g. determining yourself is the process we would normally call "free will" but is actually dictated by deterministic processes, they are one and the same, even though most people typically think they are at odds.

2) The concepts expressed here >>19479057
>a system which is removed from its underlying machinery, something which operates on the level of "symbols"
seems equivalent to that archived post:
>when deterministic physical laws become 'blind' to themselves after a sufficient threshold of neural complexity, ie the brain
The "symbols" as I described them are "removed from the underlying machinery" (e.g. "blind" to it) and the symbols themselves are highly complex neural patterns.

3) and finally
>consciousness is the pure self-relating 'void'
Which as I mentioned here >>19482180 is something I've been putting a lot of thought into

So what the fuck. I don't know what to make of all this. It's incredible to see someone else have these exact same thoughts and yet sum them up so effortlessly as if it's a fact they've known for a long time.
I'm very curious as to where you got your information anon
>>
>>19477970
Consciousness is what is.
>>
>>19477970
consciousness is the universe observing itself
>>
>>19477970
the breath of the allmighty god in your very lungs.
>>
High order perception. The order or degree is the degree of separation from reality. So our sensory nervous system is low order but as our brains take that input and abstract it into a thinking machine we function consciously. I would personally draw the line at self awareness of some kind.
>>
>>19477970
A bodily function that arises through interactivity of neurons in the brain. The neurons interact through quantum interaction, which arises from processes in higher dimensions causing a field of perception. The consciousness then is a localized field produced to give the three dimensional body awareness. This is why we can perceive a world outside of ourselves, as well as free will and the subconscious being existent phenomena. I always cringe when I hear the, "simulation hypothesis," because the truth of the matter is that our subjective experience is more like a projection onto a screen. The screen, when not being projected on, is an empty, static state. This idea seems to be the only one that can reconcile the paranormal/spiritual with the definite physical laws. Although, one could easily argue such matters like the very foundation of many studies containing falsified or biased data, but I'm largely agnostic toward those claims.
>>
There are three consciousnesses in you a left and a right they input to the higher that makes the yes know decisions that's it.
>>
>>19482489
expand upon that
>>
>>19477970
Consciousness is basically an ever evolving energetic construct/program that controls electical patterns between neurons in your brain. The combination of those patterns forms everything, from bodily funtions, to thoughts, memories, dreams. The learning process of humans is just cramming more patterns whitin the existing network.
>>
its seems all of us that stayed asleep woke up huh? its time, heavens real we have to build it with our own fucking hands.
>>
>>19477970
awareness
>>
>>19477970

OP if you want to understand consciousness, read Rudolf Steiner's books.
>>
>>19477993
>>19478006

For anyone who believes in this materialist viewpoint of consciousness, you'll realize just how wrong you are if you ever have a real out of body experience.
>>
>>19482993
It's called hallucinating.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.