[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost stories you've heard from family and friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

A coworker once told me how his friend spent the night once and went up to go to the bathroom. He claims he saw his friends dead grandpa in the hall just walking.
>>
there's this ghost named eddie where some of my family lives.
he chills out and flings shit across the room every once in a while. ghosts are cool.
>>
>>19476653
My grandmothers cleaner got a spoken to by her dead husband, and she wrote down what he said. My grandmother had been freaking out because she was moving and the spirit thing told the cleaner that it was going to be alright. It was.
>>
>>19476653

My sister works at Mount Vernon (George Washington's house). It is a known thing that one of the rooms upstairs is haunted. I can't remember if it's the second or the third floor. Either way, it is apparently the ghost of some housekeeper/slave lady. People tend to hear footsteps and occasionally talking (in a Jamaican women's accent) around the same time each night. The security guards don't go up there at night. They say they've seen her standing in the window.

The only reason I believe this is because my sister is not the kind of person to perpetuate an urban legend. She is too level-headed (for her own good sometimes). But, even she has been spooked by that room. Apparently, once while she was locking up the building, she found the door open again, even though she was SURE she closed it. She said she saw someone inside the room briefly, so she just left the door open.

My cousin lived in an apartment building for a while that was a converted hospital that was used during the civil war. He had a couch that was up against the wall. That wall had a sort of window or whatever you wanted to call it that gave a view into the kitchen. On the other side of that wall was the kitchen sink. The setup made it so that when you're on that couch, if you look at that window, you'll see someone standing at the sink.

One night, my cousin had a friend sleep over. His friend says that in the middle of the night, he heard the sink turn on. He opened his eyes and saw someone at the sink. He didn't think much of it, and went back to sleep. He asked my cousin the next morning if he often gets up to get a drink in the middle of the night. My cousin had no idea what he was talking about. Either my cousin sleep-walks, or there's some spooky shit going on.
>>
>>19476701
(cont)
I worked at a lab for an animal hospital for a while. My boss said that his boss used to work in that lab. Apparently, he was an older man who often joked that if he died while he was working there, he would haunt the lab. He would apparently joke that he wouldn't do anything major. He'd just knock over non-essential stuff just for the lols.

Apparently, before I started working there, he DID die while still working there. Sure enough, things really WOULD fall off of surfaces for virtually no reason. It was never anything essentially. It would just be stuff like papers falling off of perfectly flat surfaces.

I guess the moral of the story is that hauntings don't really have to be interesting or spooky to seem real. All of these things seem real enough to me.
>>
>>19476669
lol, ive seen this Eddie spook b4
>>
>>19476701
Spoopy
>>
[spoiler]>be Vietnamese. Ghosts are accepted as the norm here because we lost shit tons of people during the wars[/spoiler]
>people in my country believe that if a person is not properly buried, they'll never find peace in the after life
>be a college student
>visit an old battlefield (called the meat grinder) with my college friends to pray for the soldiers who died and never had a proper burial, because that's unironically what normal college students do
>by the time we got on the bus to go home, a girl started sobbing uncontrollably
>her whole body shook, she repeatedly said she was cold even though it was 41 degree outside
>whatever, some aspirin will treat that. everyone got on the bus so that we could go back to the hotel.
>the bus wouldn't start.
>smoke came out of nowhere and flooded inside the car
>Everyone panicked and got out
Turns out that girl took some dirt from the battlefield and intended to bring it home. She said that her uncle died there and they never found the body so she wanted to bring some dirt home to put it on his altar (Meat grinder, got it? The dirt is supposed to have his flesh,
blood, and bone). After we returned the dirt, do some praying for forgiveness, the girl went back to normal and the bus worked again.
>>
>>19476856
damn, that's pretty cool and crazy af....and unfortunate, cuz war sucks. yep....blows raspberry* crickets*
>>
>>19476653
A friend of mine was once going to his village for vacation. It got pretty late when he got off from the bus (11 at night). So there weren't any vehicles to take from the bus stop to his house. So he decided to just walk.
His village was about 40mins walking distance but since it was pretty chill at night and it was full moon so it wasn't so dark so he didn't mind walking. So after about 20-25 minutes of walking he suddenly heard the sound of a bike coming. He felt relived that he wouldn't have to walk anymore as village people are friendly will surely give him a life. So turned on the flashlight on his phone, held the phone over his head and waited on the side of the road for the bike to come. After waiting for 5 minutes he could still hear the sound of a bike coming but couldn't see any light from the headlight nor the bike. So he thought to himself maybe the sound was really far away but since it's really quite at night he was thinking it was close. So he started walking again. After walking for 2-3 minutes he suddenly thought the sound of bike was really close so he turned around and he saw a guy with a bike was actually coming. But strangely the headlights were turned off.
He thought nothing of it and started calling out the biker. The biker came to stop right beside my friend. He was wearing a helmet and just started talking to my friend without taking it off. Turns out the biker was from the same village as my friend and since it's a really small village everyone knows everyone. The biker was a really poor guy who worked at the nearest town as a postal delivery guy. The bike he was riding was his fathers and everyone knew it had loads of issues including headlight not working. My friend had a thought maybe it shouldn't get on the bike but as he was tired he decided to get on
>>
>>19478221
(cont)
so my friend got on the bike and they started going towards the village. For the first few minutes they were just having a normal small talk. While talking about something suddenly the biker just stopped talking mid sentence. My friend thought to himself maybe the guy was just focusing on the road so he stopped talking too.
A few moments later the biker suddenly stopped right beside a tree. My friend got really spooked then. He started asking what's wrong, why'd the guy stop the bike. My friend looked forward and there was nothing ahead so the biker had no reason to stop. So he kind of got angry and started talking angrily. Suddenly the biker held up his hand and pointed forward. My friend looked up and saw suddenly the road was blocked with what he called "a parade of silhouettes". My friend then screamed, jumped off the bike and just started running. He didn't dare look behind and he was just fucking running. When he was running he suddenly saw some distance ahead 3-4 same white silhouettes were walking towards him at a slow pace. He then fainted on the spot.
Continue farther?
>>
>>19476701
I dont really know how. But youve managed to tell stories that would be shit scary and make them seem totally normal. I guess it's the way you tell em
>>
>>19478224
Yea continue
>>
>>19478224

>>19478267

K or don't whatever
>>
>>19476653
My friends mother is a nurse and apparently she's seen dead people walking around in the hospital
>>
>>19476653
I got out of bed one night(my woman was pregnant). Went to walk into our kitchen, and walked right into a short man with black hair. Fully dressed. We collided so hard I sat down. And he was gone. Looked as shocked as me when we walked right into each other. By the time I was sitting, I was alone. Doors were locked. Real enough to run into.
>>
>>19478334
Still can't explain it. Seemed like he wasn't expecting me, and I wasn't expecting him. But it was our house. We had lived there for awhile. Also, he vanished into thin air. Only thing that startled me was running into someone at 3am in my kitchen.
>>
My mom saw a soldier with a musket in a hallway in our house once and she thought it was real. I should have shown her /x/ so she'd realize it was just imagination.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.