[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My idiot friend is trying to create a Tulpa. Me and the boys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: I am become weeb.jpg (6KB, 303x171px) Image search: [Google]
I am become weeb.jpg
6KB, 303x171px
My idiot friend is trying to create a Tulpa. Me and the boys have tried time after time to explain why its a bad idea but he is so depressed and antisocial he doesnt care about the consequences. Everyone who has ever created a Tulpa has ended up regretting it. He is so mentally unhinged that it is likely that he will kill himself when things get out of hand. He has been at it for a few weeks now and claims to hear it already. He is trying to create a replica of the girl in the pic. So my question is, is there a way in which I can interfere to stop this thing from manifesting? Or if it comes down to it, do I, or my friend get rid of this thing?

I would prefere a method for me to get rid of it because if it came down to it I dont believe he could. He is a huge weeb and this is his wiafu. He hasn't had a gf before and believes something like this is the only thing which will make him happy.
>>
>Everyone who has ever created a Tulpa has ended up regretting it.

I don't know where you've been looking, but I've seen the vast majority of people who don't mind their tulpas, and actually are happy with them.
>>
File: dFazZWJ.gif (1MB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
dFazZWJ.gif
1MB, 712x400px
>>19476236
Im right here you nigger fuck you hans my waifu will be real you fuck
>>
>>19476271
You lie sir, stop being a Tulpa shill.
>>
>>19476271
you get a gold medal my guy
>>
>>19476271
It's been two years since I made a tulpa and I stopped after a few weeks of being able to hear them because for some reason, I kept getting intense nightmares and feeling weird shit around the house

each and every time i try to come back to my tulpa, id get the nightmares again and this has been going on for two years now and i regret ever delving into this tulpa bullshit
>>
>>19476333
This guys gets it. Listen to him buddy.
>>
>>19476236
[Post 1 / 2]

Even though, as a rule, it is true that people who even CALL these things "tulpas" tend to be a bit on the self-sabotagingly-retarded side, you should probably just stop being a buzzkill and let him do what he wants with his own mind. The very fact you're having to ask for advice on this shows you don't really know anything about it, so it's a bit shocking that you're THAT confident this is going to end poorly for him on the basis of "But I heard on the Internet…‼". If your concerns prove to have been valid in his case, it will only be by coincidence and not because you actually knew what you were talking about.

THAT SAID…if things do go south for him, he can easily break the thing down by just not interacting with it. It will take on increasingly bizarre and entropic forms as its existence becomes threatened. This part can be a little scary for magics-n00bs, but basically everything it does in this phase is an effort to stimulate strong emotional response toward it from its creator in an effort to get him paying attention to it again and re-stabilizing its existence. Any emotional response is good in its book, but love/lust and terror/confusion are probably the two tactics most likely to succeed. More elaborate "entities" can get pretty good at carrot-and-sticking humans without letting them realize that the "nice-feeling" and "mean-feeling" things are just limbs of the same creature. Anyway, just don't be a faggot and stick to non-interaction and indifference toward it, and it'll break down eventually. This is a hard-won skill, but it's doable.
>>
>>19476542
[Post 2 / 2]

As for you, OP: if you still want to trample on your friend's dreams yourself, you can:

(a) Create a setting in which an event or epiphany that feels EXTREMELY significant to your friend unfolds, with a change in mindset that will make him believe it doesn't exist or is a hollow, impotent, and undesirable thing which might fade away at a moment's notice. The easiest way to win on this route is to trip together on some hallucinogens (psilocybin mushrooms will work best), but you'll probably fail unless you're already fairly adept at navigating these states of minding and "wordsmithing" on them.

Or:

(b) Take the more indirect route of just learning some basic sigil magic and brute-force casting for changes in his perspective and behavior regarding this subject until they manifest. More boring, but I suspect more likely to pan out in your situation.
>>
I want to create one but, why would be a bad idea? I don't get it
>>
File: 1420597611557.png (2MB, 1600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1420597611557.png
2MB, 1600x5000px
>>
>>19476236
babbys first waifu
Embarrassing.
>>
>>19476560
To create it you need to make yourself schizophrenic.
>>
>>19476570
You want to fuck with my waifu you fuck
>>
>>19476595
I think i'm half medium, does that help?
>>
>>19476641
No.
>>
>>19476236
KYS
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.