[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would telepathy change society?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: bees.cipamericas.jpg (2MB, 2257x1530px) Image search: [Google]
bees.cipamericas.jpg
2MB, 2257x1530px
Asking because of technological advances which might enable us to communicate with each other on the mental plane.

When everybody knows the thoughts of others, what should we expect as a societal outcome?
>>
>>19471172
Anarchy
>>
>>19471182
You mean chaos or order out of chaos?
>>
>>19471172
We already got it to a certain degree with the Internet.

Turns out that most people aren't able to navigate through the bulk of information or even understand the information to begin with to reach the consensus that would ideally arise from a complete and honest sharing of data and relative weights of the points of reference.

I say either people need to increase their processing capabilities and/or they need an intermediary to interface properly with the hive mind.
>>
>>19471172
it wouldnt. society today is set up to keep you constantly fearful, or worried, or whatever. You cannot be a telepath while stupid shit is ruining your day everyday.
>>
>>19471483
Do you think telepathy would add to the stupid shit people are already suffering from?
>>
>>19471356
That's a good point. But the brain would have to adapt to the hivemind, meaning in theory people would be automatically more intelligent. The question is, would it be significantly enough?
>>
>>19471172
Mind reading consent laws would be written pretty quick.
>>
>>19471767
How do you consent to "mind reading", if you're plugged into the hivemind?
>>
>>19471172
Hopefully with everyone becoming more open and honest with each other. It's possible it could go the other direction and make people paranoid and suspicious; that is unlikely in my opinion, if you have any logic and reasoning ability at all it's not that challenging to understand that there are people who care about you who will not let wild suspicion and paranoia dictate your future.
>>
>>19471883
Do you think we are still humans at this point?
>>
>>19471823
By having an on /off switch in your brain chip.
>>
>>19473609
Other people would think of you as malicious. It's an easy target to blame.
>>
>>19471172
chronological order of events
1.human internet
2.better sense of understanding
3.law, order, peace and harmony
4.hive mind or superorganism
>>
>>19473648
Alternative:
Slavery of mankind => "Law and Order" => Superorganism => Clone Wars
>>
>>19473671
clone wars? why?
anyways, there wouldn't be fighting or jealousy or gluttony and more altruism.

you'll see stuff from other's perspective, honestly and genuinely. you will be able to experience what others do. if you're a loser it won't be important because you can live the live of someone better.

anyways i think that humanity would also develop intellectually as our shared brainpower would be able to fix problems in an instant.

essentially self conscious super A.I. that's human and won't try to kill us
>>
>>19473700
>self conscious super A.I. that's human and won't try to kill us

Would we still be humans at this point?
>>
>>19473736
we would be a singular human.
The Final Human
>>
File: stef.jpg (11KB, 199x194px) Image search: [Google]
stef.jpg
11KB, 199x194px
>>19473742
How?
>>
>>19473764
a superorganism made up of humans with collective human thoughts and human tendencies is human, but its much greater and possibly the last of it's kind.

i'm confident we will eventually have biological matters become our new technology.
>>
>>19473792
A collective consisting out of allknowing individuals can't be just one thing.
>>
>>19471172

Speaking of telepathy, a freaky thing happened earlier in the day. I was on my way home from shopping and had this older THICC woman walking ahead of me on the sidewalk. She was being kinda slow, so I had to slow down my pace as well, with the walkway being so narrow. After a while, I thought about going around but then gave up on it, thinking, "her ass is so wide, I can't fit past here".

As soon as I had thought that, the woman suddenly left the walkway, stepped behind a car parked nearby and started looking around. Or, pretended to be looking around while trying to hide her expression from me. From what I saw, she was laughing, making this "unbelievable!" expression, but not saying anything and carefully avoiding eye contact with me.

At first I thought it was her car there, but as soon as I'd passed her, she returned back to the walkway and kept going.

In other words, it seemed as if she had more or less discreetly let me pass her as soon as I had complained in my mind about her being in the way. I swear I didn't utter a word. I'm not a schizo, it was just a thought. Yet, it was as if she heard those very thoughts.

By this experience, I think telepathy would fucking suck for everybody involved. But her ass really was kinda fat and not in a particularly attractive way, so I'm not sorry.
>>
>>19473817
Dude you're not the only one being hindered. She kind of adapted to it.
>>
>>19473814
it can.
we're not all knowing individuals, the Final Human will be.
we are just as independent on civilisation as a human cell to it's body

i believe we are the cells of a superorganism of the future. we're the single celled organism compared to what we will be
>>
>>19473864
Maybe we will be the angels of some hivemind demon AI?
>>
>>19473817
maybe you accidentally spoke out loud?
maybe she got annoyed by something you did
it's probs not telepathy
>>
>>19473875
am i being fooled?
>>
>>19473879
>maybe you accidentally spoke out loud?
I already said no, no chance of that. I've been extra careful about that after a similar incident in the past.

>maybe she got annoyed by something you did
I was walking a polite distance away directly behind her. She shouldn't have even known I was there.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.