[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

these eclipse glasses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: solar-eclipse-facts[1].jpg (132KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
solar-eclipse-facts[1].jpg
132KB, 1024x683px
Anybody else have a really bad feeling about these things?

It's always been common knowledge that you shouldn't stare at a solar eclipse, but the whole YOU HAVE TO WEAR OUR SPECIAL GLASSES EVEN TO GLANCE AT IT thing feels new and forced and insidious.

Could the "shamrock mask" scene from Halloween 3 be predictive programming for this event?

https://youtu.be/6K518NKsZzs

NOTE: Not trying to subtly encourage anybody look at the eclipse tomorrow with their naked eyes as some super edgy troll op.
>>
>>19467087
Nah dude, it's legit.

Staring at the sun will ruin your eyes senpai. You do just that when you look at a solar eclipse.

Mad people would straight up go blind because they're mouthbreathers who'd just stare at the sun.
>>
>>19467099
didn't some ancient Native American tribes look at the sun as a rite of passage? the Spirit Quests or whatever? how did they not go blind?
>>
Does were sold for the eclipse?

I remember being kid like 20 years ago and watching solar eclipse and using these. I thought it was just something my brother laying around

Also I rememeber I wasnt impressed. Solar eplipses are overrated
>>
>>19467087
buy a cheapo telescope and pass it in front of the sun, that shit will melt within seconds. Yes you need friggen heavy eye protection to look at the sun, even more so when you are going to be viewing and event that is going to intensify the sunlight while it is progressing.
However you are right in that there is a conspiracy going on with those types of glasses. amost of them aren't actually rated high enough to view a solar eclipse, a lot of shitty companies are printing fake certificates for them.
>>
>>19467178
i wonder how many idiots will get permanent eye damage from using those glasses
>>
Theoretically couldn't you just view it from a phone camera?
>>
No. During a total eclipse it doesn't hurt as much to look at the sun, but the rays that burn your inner retina are still there. So what happens is retarded fuckwads stare at the eclipse for the full hour and then wonder why they are blind.
>>
>>19467582
Actually, the eclipse is worse because your eyes dialate from the ambient darkness. It makes you go blind even faster.
>>
>>19467087
>the whole YOU HAVE TO WEAR OUR SPECIAL GLASSES EVEN TO GLANCE AT IT thing feels new and forced and insidious
Yeah sure, nevermind that the things have been around for decades.
>>
>>19467470
i guess so, good idea ill try this
>>
>>19467087
Why is it every time a lot of people say 'hey you should do this thing' everybody starts sperging out that it's some sort of conspiracy?

Anyone remember the stir that fucking barcodes caused?
>>
>>19467644
Barcodes are on literally everything. From drivers licenses to q tips. It is the mark of the beast.
>>
>>19467087
How old are you? Kek. They have given them out for the last few. Nothing spoopy.
>>
>>19467103
>how did they not go blind?
They did. There is no mystical way to look directly at the sun and not damage your eyes.
>>
>>19467666
They are mostly for making money. Some are advertising. Blocking UV light ain't magic. When nothing happens, you can look up this silly thread on 4plebs. For all eternity.
>>
Nope. Been through them before and it's a big nothing.
>>
File: eclipse_science_2x.png (168KB, 1480x1068px) Image search: [Google]
eclipse_science_2x.png
168KB, 1480x1068px
>>19467087
>Wear our special glasses!
Have you considered they might be marketing? They sell those things; of course every manufacturer is looking to create the narrative that there's absolutely no other way.

On the part of the general media (advertising deals aside) I suspect, it has to do with A) filling time with "how to view the solar eclipse" information, as the event itself isn't that complicated, unusual, or revolutionary, just kind if neat; and B) offering some security from "he told me to watch the eclipse and I went blind!" lawsuits.

If you aren't talking Johannes Kepler, there's not really anything to discuss about it other than it being neat. Even if you are talking Kepler, it's nothing Earth shaking, just a confirmation that celestial bodies do move in the way we expect them to and the way they have been moving, and that relativistic gravity works at least on the solar system scale. This is boring shit to your average normie, and it's old news to everyone else. "How to view the eclipse" is focused on because it's basically the only thing to talk about. They're worth seeing, and interesting at least to me because they offer a glimpse into the scale of the solar system, and a way to see it working the way we know it works with the naked eye.

>tl;dr
Eclipses are a benign curiosity, offer little to discuss beyond how to view them, and are an opportunity to sell cheap, UV shaded glasses.
>>
>>19467656
Go back to the 80s.
>>
>>19467087
Are you mentally disable? How does that clip "predict" anything.

God sometimes /x/ is waay too fucking stupid. 12yo larper.
>>
>>19467087
staring at an eclipse with your naked eyes actually gives you super powers, that's why they tell you not to do it
>>
>>19467470
What's the point. Your gonna be looking at it on a screen. Might as well be watching it on tv
>>
This thread is retarded.
Do you people try to find a conspiracy in literally every single thing?
>>
File: hall3oherlihy7ms.jpg (53KB, 734x568px) Image search: [Google]
hall3oherlihy7ms.jpg
53KB, 734x568px
>>19467087
Happy Happy Solar Eclipse / Soilar Eclipse / Solar Eclipse / Happy Happy Solar Eclipse / NASA Shamrock

It's almost time kids. The clock is ticking. Be in front of the Sun for the total eclipse followed by the BIG giveaway at noon. Don't miss it. And don't forget to wear your glasses. The clock is ticking. It's almost time.

I'm getting some bad Halloween III-type vibes about the whole event especially with the kids.
https://youtu.be/W7-uC0LDllM
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 720x642px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 720x642px
>>19467087
My sister got sunglasses for everyone. Im not looking at that shit either way.
>>
File: IMG_0677.jpg (278KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0677.jpg
278KB, 2000x2000px
>>
>>19467087
Yeah it does kinda weird me out. I'm much more interested in seeing things go dark than I am staring at the actual eclipse - I can literally go on YouTube and watch what that looks like if I want to see it in action.
>>
File: 1503285989524.jpg (44KB, 835x773px) Image search: [Google]
1503285989524.jpg
44KB, 835x773px
is the sun a ghost then?
>>
>>19467852
You say that like if this board's purpose wasn't to find a conspiracy message in their letter soup.
>>
Just gonna put this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI8AMRbqY6w
>>
>>19467087
My grand dad told me about a friend of his once, his older brother convinced him to look at a solar eclipse without glasses, he glanced at it for less than a second, and now he only has peripheral vision,
>>
>>19469854
So... why can you glance at the sun for less than a second and be fine, but with an eclipse, moon covering sun, you can get eye damage?
>>
>>19469870

Because the eclipse fools your eyes into thinking it's dark and your pupils dialate. It's also partially from not just light, but heat (radiation) flooding your dialated eyes. It's over-riding our natural protection mechanisms.
>>
>>19467087
I mean, I'm not saying that you don't have to wear their special glasses

(but welder's mask/goggles work fine too)
>>
Bullshit. We would know if entire civilizations would go blind because it would've been written down on tablets and scrolls. Solar eclipse does not cause blindness.
>>
People can't handle looking at God directly.
>>
>>19470012
Couldn't write if they were blind
>>
>>19470128
Are most people as fucking stupid as you? Think about it. It would be written about in history because there would've still been trade routes back then. And word would have fucking spread you stupid piece of shit.
>>
File: 1252480372570.jpg (73KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1252480372570.jpg
73KB, 800x800px
>>19470128
Whoa
>>
>>19470012
Except a vast majority of ancient cultures had no sufficiently developed astronomy to be able to predict an eclipse before it happens. Europeans couldn't do it until the 1600s. Many cultures hadn't even developed writing. If it truly caused blindness you would have entire communities going blind.
>>
>>19470163
Bullshit there were a many of civilizations that were more astronomically more advanced then than now.
>>
>>19470174
Only because of divine intervention
>>
>>19470151
Not if they couldnt find the trade routes
>>
>>19467152
>solar eclipses are overrated
This, I live in Hopkinsville and there are people coming from all over the world (most of them scientists, but still) to observer a two and a half minute event that they probably won't even remember.
>>
It's true, solar explosives are dangerous. My granddaddy looked at a eclipse and his balls hurt
>>
>>19470204
Other countries would come to trade dumb shit.
>>
>>19470241
How often do you trade with blind people?
Thats what I though
>>
>>19470250
I fucking win cuck.
>>
>>19470272
Win what
>>
>>19470277
The right to get fucked by BBC
>>
>>19470325
congrats
>>
>>19470330
Thanks, after my family died in a fire, the only thing left was to enlighten the steeple of the nondanger of eclipses and OD on cocks
>>
File: 1335058690432.png (13KB, 466x413px) Image search: [Google]
1335058690432.png
13KB, 466x413px
>>19469802
>>
>>19467087
The glasses are for you to polarize your eyes for project bluebeam. Didn't you know?
>>
File: TiTdMjP.jpg (245KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TiTdMjP.jpg
245KB, 1200x1080px
>>19469802
This is the new spoon trick isnt it?
>>
>>19467087
Then dont fucking wear it and burn your eyes out. Its just a cash grap tactic to make money you dufus. Bring an everyday pair of shades and it should do the trick.
>>
>>19467813
This is exaclty why I will be looking at it with no eye protection. Will report back on newfound abilities or lack of eyesight either way
>>
>>19471546
Yes. Common sense dictates that it's just going to shine on the screen like the sun normally does.
>>
Is everyone here underage?
Nobody has Experienced a total eclipse before?
>>
i'm just going to glance at it sidelong for like a second
>>
>>19467087

i gaze into the sun often and i have better vision than anyone i know. all bullshit. i'll look at the eclipse with naked eyes and post proof that im fine tomorrow
>>
>>19470012

nigger, ever hear of the chinese? why do you think they have slit eyes?
>>
>>19467470
No, there's a chance your camera lens will be damaged to unless you're using special equipment.The light is just that powerful
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.