[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

flat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2753.jpg (45KB, 236x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2753.jpg
45KB, 236x378px
I think the earth is a sphere, convince me otherwise without biblical allusions. Science only.
>>
No thank you
>>
/thread
>>
>>19464934
Spacetime is flat.
Earth exists within spacetime.
The density of our system results in a 3-dimensional perception (for easy comprehension); this is an illusion. Metaphysically, everything 'is' flat.

Functionally, none of this matters unless you're a physicist or really into mathematics. On an infinite scale everything is a point and ray being wrapped around gravity (density). On our scale, that way of thinking is useless and we just treat everything the way we perceive it.
>>
>>19464934
if i trip your wrong, if i dub my mother will die in her sleep
>>
>>19464934

As far as I know, it is something like this:
>both models are mathematically explicable.
>Both models match 100% in the Northern "hemisphere",
>Both models have problems South.

The crux of the issue comes down to trusting NASA et al, and from there religiosity comes into play.

Do you, for example, believe that man walked on the moon? Usually as a game I offer to give you three reasons why your wrong for each of your first three attempts at proving we went. Normie programming is predictable because i went through it as well.
>>
>>19465461
Only one model has a day/night cycle that makes sense to what's observed. Hmmmmm
>>
File: 1.jpg (52KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52KB, 852x480px
Hmmmmmm
>>
>>19465461
There is a big difference between not saying exactly how big a small ice island is and believing there are big as fuck ice walls, it also doesn't explain the duration of flights in the southern hemisphere and the time zones don't work.

No, that stupid picture of the lines curving doesn't explain how would the timezones work unless you ignore the shape of some countries.
>>
If the earth was round, shit would roll off your table
>>
>>19465671

Shit does roll off my table anon, maybe yours is crooked?
>>
File: C7d_BzCXQAAGBAT.jpg (21KB, 631x487px) Image search: [Google]
C7d_BzCXQAAGBAT.jpg
21KB, 631x487px
This flat earth psy op is only VERY recent.
Christians throughout the ages NEVER thought the Earth was flat, it was common knowledge it was a sphere.

The so called "biblical" proof is just a couple verses digged up by illiterate protestant hicks (or a psy op)
>>
File: 1490808650855.gif (227KB, 190x107px) Image search: [Google]
1490808650855.gif
227KB, 190x107px
>>19465461
The flat earth comes with the idea the moon is about 3000 miles away from earth. This makes it closed enough to reach and even if gravity isn't real, there is not a reason why a man can not walk on top of the moon.
If the moon is at a distance that NASA claims it is, it might be less easy to reach it.
So either way, flat earth pissed on their own feet with the moon-thing.
Someone did not do the math.
But math is science and according to flat earth science is bullocks.
How ironic.
>>
>>19466257
Kys Anon. This makes no sense at all.
The moon is not a solid body. NASA wants you to believe it is. The moon is a light.
>>
File: science.jpg (81KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
81KB, 475x475px
the earth is pear shaped
the antartica half is fatter and the axis bulges out a bit
it's like an average american
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.