[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Awareness meditation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: meditation.jpg (135KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
135KB, 1200x900px
There's no denying it, I'm not the smartest man.

I try and avoid identifying with my thoughts, but I just can't. I'm addicted to thinking.

What's the best way forward for an unconscious individual like me? I'm thinking of starting with the very basics. The only things I'm aware of is the fact that I'm in the waking state (ie. not asleep in my bed) and that I'm probably not dead since there's a load of 'activity' in my being (even if it's only thoughts coming and going).

I've heard about withstanding the mind, but in order to do that you'd have to be alive/existant to begin with, right? So lets start with that.

I'm not so prideful that I couldn't stand doing kindergarden spirituality. All I've found is that I'm probably alive right now and that's probably a good place to start.

Are there any wise /x/philes who can offer any advice? Thanks
>>
Gas, and lots of it. Out of the 31 yrs I've existed. 10 of them spent meditating and in the past 5. 2 1/2 have been spent in deep reflection. We are talking solid time here. Start questioning simple things in your mind to build a calm. Then progressively build upon that. Add reflection of daily events and soon you will start to see the 3rd eye. For it is your mind that opens to reveal the aforementioned.
>>
File: 1503120066804.gif (1MB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1503120066804.gif
1MB, 298x298px
>>19462583
>namefag
>>
>>19462595
Rofl
>>
>>19462583
>Start questioning simple things in your mind to build a calm.
Sounds like effort. Plus in order to do that you'd need to be alive in the first place, which is what I want to focus on.

Maybe I'm just lazy but it's what resonates with me.
>>
>>19463047
First rule don't be lazy
>>
>>19462503
>meditation
>don't eat fish ,eggs and meat , chickems
>>
>>19462503
>All I've found is that I'm probably alive right now and that's probably a good place to start.

Who or what is that "I" who is aware of beeing alive ?
>>
>>19463181
I've been hearing these questions a lot. And while they're definitely based in wisdom, once again I'm too lazy for it.

I experience every day and see form, both mental and physical. There is no 'who' within this, just passing phenoemna. A 'who' doesn't seem to be seen.
>>
>>19462503

Zazen meditation, friendo. Aside from that, I'd suggest reading Gurdjieff and Ouspensky.
>>
>>19463197

Then just abide in the feeling of "I am"

Focus on that thing that is and ever present,
There is something that is still and unchanging through all passing phenomena. The feeling of "I am"

Focus your attention on it
Sink back to the source
>>
>>19463219
>Then just abide in the feeling of "I am"
I don't have this sense. I'm just phenomena blurring by.
>>
>>19463219
>Focus on that thing that is and ever present,
I cannot find it. Like I said, everything's blurring past, inlcuding myself.
>>
>>19463226
>>19463234
Phenomena blurring by can't whine like you do. Know thyself for the faggot you are.
>>
>>19463263
>Phenomena blurring by can't whine like you do.
Go on.
>>
>>19463226

Yet you are aware of the phenomenas blurring by
Can you deny the fact that you are aware of them?
Focus more on the witness and less on the content
In other words when you see an object in front of you, withdraw your attention from the object and instead put it on awareness itself. This is sinking back to the source
Be aware of beeing aware.
>>
>>19463274
You are OP, faggot. Distinct from me, anon (not OP, faggot). I too see phenomena blurring by but here in this thread I noticed an OP who did not blur by, but whined in a particular way.

Give yourself some definition. If it can't be "I am", then go with "I am OP, faggot."
>>
>>19462503
Focus on your breathing as much as you can. When your mind wanders, bring it back to your breathing. Do this until it comes easily to you.

When you're doing this, also focus on how various parts of your body feel. Can you feel the pressure of your feet touching the ground? Gravity pulling you toward the earth? Tingling in your arms? Just notice the physical sensations affecting your body, the air touching you etc.

Next focus on the world around you. Be present not only to how it feels, but to your other senses too. Absorb what is happening around you without any conscious judgement or opinion. Just be with it and let your thoughts and feelings come and go.

Do that a little every day and you'll get there. It's in everyone.
>>
>>19463181
I think therefore I misquote Descartes.
>>
Go straight to self enquiry, you don't need anything else.
>>
>>19464181
Isnt this juat the thing you shouldnt do?
Shouldnt you focus on the fact that nothing belongs to you BUT the awareness?
Not that i know better, thats why im asking
>>
>>19465565
Nobody can immediately start experiencing themselves as a being of awareness, or the nothing experiencing itself. This takes quite a lot of practice, and before you can be aware of yourself being present to the world around you, and to your sensory experience, you must first be present to the experience itself.

If you start focusing on the nature of nothing, or being one with nothing, or anything of that kind, you're still in your head, and avoiding the experience of being aware of the world around you. Basically, if you think of any concept at all, or try to focus on it, you'll fail at finding it.

The only way to do this is to bring yourself to the present. You can't force this, or think your way into it, because your thoughts are the very thing that will keep you out of the experience of mindful awareness.

You'll start to be able to find the present moment if you follow very basic mindfulness training for a while. It doesn't take too long, and it is the first step to being able to experience yourself from an observer's perspective.

Let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything.
>>
>>19462503
>I'm probably not dead

Doubtful.
>>
>>19465642
>You'll start to be able to find the present moment if you follow very basic mindfulness training for a while.
How do I do this?

I'm too lazy for that. I just want to remain indulging in my own mind.
>>
>>19465982
>You'll start to be able to find the present moment if you follow very basic mindfulness training for a while.
How do I do that?
>>
>>19463302
>Can you deny the fact that you are aware of them?
>Focus more on the witness and less on the content
Something is aware. But, I'm too invested in the content. Addicted.
>>
>>19465982
The training I'm talking about is the one I've already mentioned. Keep focus on how your breath feels as it goes in and out of your body. If your mind wanders away from your breathing, gently bring it back. Do this every day for about 5 minutes to begin with, and try to train it up until you're able to do it for 20 minutes. It's okay if your mind wanders, so long as you bring it back to your breath. Every time you bring your mind back you're training it. If you do this every day for a few months, you'll start to notice major differences in your sense of awareness.
>>
>>19467362
The only thing you aren't aware of is yourself writing the script

>I can't focus on the moment, I'm blurring by!
>I can't stop naming things instead of letting them be!

>I can't stop writing the script!
Says the script-writer.
What else can't you do? Go ahead, dig yourself deeper.
>X is x because I say so!
>>
>>19468346
Don't write scripts. Compose.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.