[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/periment time: Post in your own words what you believe the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Escher.jpg (286KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
Escher.jpg
286KB, 500x680px
>At least 3 sentences
>No more than 5
>No bad talking other anons posts
>See how many people agree with you.
>>
I think we aren't the meaning of life, or anything close to it, and question life, should be done directly.
>>
>>19460808
I think the Seahawks should've run the fuckin ball
>>
>>19460808
Life itself is meaningless. Everything we do will eventually mount to nothing, no matter how great of the achievement. That being said, there is no reason to not enjoy the time we have and to make the most of it.
>>
File: 1482397979485.jpg (118KB, 727x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1482397979485.jpg
118KB, 727x1015px
The meaning of life is that we each find our own. It is not for me to say for others but mine is happiness within myself. Ive been working minimum wage in a light ghetto neighborhood with my wife saving up my sheckles for the last 7 years. Next month i will be buying a 4 bed 2 bath house in the country that i will live in calm in and work a much less stressful minimum wage job to pay for the little joys that make life happy for me, a new game, ice cream, a mod for my truck, gunn accessories, etc. Small stuff. Down the line when we have kids we will include fun trips and little vacations.

The meaning of life for me, is described as to be happy with myself.

Sorry if that was a bit long or too grassroots. Heres a pape for your time.
>>
ti syrf, 2 smoke wede, and chill stuff
>>
>>19460906
This
>>
>>19460918
So with that being said, You wouldn't be against a serial killer who's happiness came from killing other people? Everyone wants to stand for free speech and the whole "to each their own" philosophy but the moment it contradicts a belief on a personal level that seems to go out the window. If everyone's happiness varies then where does the line get drawn? Is there even a line worth drawing that wouldn't be crossing barriers in some form?
>>
>>19460918
Do you think you were created to be happy?
>>
>>19460808
nothing.
>>
>>19460906
>Everything we do will eventually mount to nothing, no matter how great of the achievement.

If there were a final grade on all of existence on every level upon its completion would you think of life as more meaningful? Some sort of final evaluation?

Also, if the entire universe were entirely deterministic, again, on every level, and entirely interconnected through out all 'space-time,' and every aspect, to varying degrees, was a part of an ultimate culmination of immense size and power and perhaps good, then would life seem more meaningful to you?
>>
>>19460966
soo000OOoo dramatic.

What is your definition of "nothing?"

Asking the "meaning" of life is a strange question anyway. Meaning? So the point of life? The nature of reality, how the universe functions? Why it functions the way it does/at all?
>>
>>19460942
>>19460959
Both miss what is entailed. My meaning is not the same as anyone else's on a basis of "that is the meaning of life"

Here, lets look at it through a childs eyes. Close yours and remember being a kid. Imagine you have a magic book that will show you what you are meant to do with your life. You open it. What do you see?

Some might see themselves being a president, others see themselves fighting monsters. I see myself with a smile.

For some its the same, others have a meaning like no other.

Mine is simple. The meaning to my own life, that has no dictation on anyone else's, is to be happy.

Why try to pick that apart? Are you having trouble opening your book? Or maybe thats what you saw? A need to bring people to reason? A noble meaning indeed if so, but I dont think that reason and my happiness (i.e. our independant meanings) co-incide. So why dont we part ways here?
>>
>>19461015
i believe that the universe dose exist,that means realty is the same experience everybody is having , but its existence utterly meaningless.
>>
>>19460942
I think the very general libertarian philosophy is that individuals should be free to do as they please as long as their actions do not interfere with any other individual's freedom/inherent rights. God-given, some say. So one shall not be permitted to limit the rights of another.

Physical health obviously is a cornerstone of freedom. The ultimate loss of freedom (at least in a practical 3-D sense) is the loss of life.

I'm sure some people could argue that individuals have no right to not be harmed. "Why would anything nice happen?" Perhaps no innate right to not feel pain. Pain is essentially guaranteed.

One's body is their personal autonomous property. So perhaps it can be thought of respect for the egos of others while we inhabit the forms we do, under the current rules.

idk
>>
>>19461033
I don't think I have the answer or anything. I imagine many would agree with what you said. I genuinely was curious if you think perhaps not even THE goal, but a goal of the creation of your existence (whether by a conscious entity or so-called natural force or whatever) is to be happy. Just wonderin about stuff via text with others.

But you don't have to answer. I hear ya.
>>
>>19461037
So you would agree that there is an objective universe with natural laws? But that it is without meaning.

Meaning is a really strange concept.

Would you agree that the universe has an objective value? If value can be quantified.

Would an ultimate end result that was predetermined affect your view on meaningfulness? If perhaps the end even initiated the beginning. Though I guess that just an infinite loop.

Does the fact that the infinite loop does indeed exist astound you in anyway? I understand a person can certainly think the universe/life/existence is meaningless and still be amazed and in awe and love it.
>>
>>19461080
i totally agree that there is a meaningless objective universe with natural laws
but if there any clue or a glimpse that we live in a predetermined universe or if we were introduced to any kind of event beyond our scientific reasoning or any breach in what we believe to be our known natural laws that will defiantly change my mind .
>>
>>19461060
Ah ok I get ya now. I thought you were throwing down summa that "You think you were made to be happy?! *drops fedora in shock*" stuff

But yea you kinda got it, but i dont even think it was decided in any kinda way. I think it just kinda is. Like uh, like walking through rain , and when you look up for a moment a single rain drop hit you in the eye, out of all of them, thats your rain drop. No way anything couldve decided or deduced or calculated that collection of H2O would end up being in your eye socket, but it is. I thibk thats how we find our meanings
>>
>>19460808
To me the meaning of life is to achieve fulfilment and serenity
By becoming a part of a big movement (spiritual or political)
And not succumbing to carnal desires but instead overcoming them and ascend to a near perfect society.
>>
File: 1501401514345.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501401514345.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>19460808
>to propagates life
this is the reason laws exist, all the other stuff is to enjoy life.

life lives for life.
>>
>>19461939
>>to propagate* life
>this is the reason laws exist to keep life going, all the other stuff is to enjoy life.

even the bad stuff is to make us appreciate the good even more.
>>
>>19460808
The meaning of life is for God to find that one person who can become his soulmate. Once he finds his soulmate, he can build upon this universe and make earth better. Nigger.
>>
File: night.jpg (49KB, 371x600px) Image search: [Google]
night.jpg
49KB, 371x600px
The meaning of life is to temporarily experience one of the many aspects of life. There is no purpose beyond that which one decides upon. All of it is equally valid. Love and hate have equal value in all of existence. Life is literally what you create it to be.
>>
>>19460808
Go and sing to the mountain, go send sing to the moon. Go and sing to just about everything, because everything is you.
Then go back home.
>>
File: nietze.jpg (90KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
nietze.jpg
90KB, 1200x675px
This<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>>
>>19462054
You sound like me. I hope you have a happy and sadness free day my friend
>>
>>19460808
Meaning is relative, not absolute.
Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't spent enough time searching for meaning.
>>
>>19460808
The meaning of life itself is to survive as long as you can and to reproduce. This is done so that life can spread over the planet and one day throughout the Galaxy. Unfortunately all life on Earth will probably be roasted by the sun before we get anywhere.
>>
Life's meaning is to discover that life has no meaning. Once you realize total meaninglessness, life becomes easy and things no longer bother you. Then when you die, you go directly to hell for being a faithless godless fuck who didn't read his bible with a pure enough heart.
>>
>>19460808
To become wise. Individually and as a species
>>
Life is a manifestation of increasing complexity like an everblooming flower. We are life that has become complex enough to materialize small pieces of infinity into the universe. That is the true gift.
>>
>>19460808
Ok here is something that I LITERALLY just made up:
>every living thing on earth is the same consciousness
>that consciousness originally belonged to an alien somewhere else
>that alien is really smart and stuff and can comprehend the entire universe
>and what it sees it sheer horror and madness
>unending
>never resting
>cannot unsee
>so with its last grasp at sanity, it seeded a few planets with random DNA, hoping some would adapt into a cool lifeform that it could escape into and live away from its mad cosmic knowledge
>most became bloodsoaked madness like that which birthed it
>but some others were promising
>included among them, humans
>it inserts itself into its human meatsuits, struggling to create a utopia of order where it can live peacefully for an eternity
>but its creations suffer as it did, and it suffers through them, however not as intensely
>in order to tweak the genetic soup and create the perfect shelter, it often needs to call upon the painful clarity of mind it had as a mad god, so it ensures that its creations will be completely mortal, allowing it to return to its original form in predictable intervals
>however, its creations are often contaminated with its madness when it enters and exits, and near-utopias fall because of slight miscalculations, and, outside forces, which are as insane as it, know what it is doing, and often insert themselves into its creation as well for inscrutable purposes (madness has no reason), creating undue chaos.
>end goal is for a race of immortal lifeforms to exist that is perfectly content and ignorant of the outside world forever, and for it to insert itself into them
>this is not the true cure to its madness, but it does not know what is yet
>>
>>19460808
There is no meaning to life, but if I had to make one up on the spot I'd say it's to procreate. That's all that seems to matter. Make more of yourself. Whether you're the universe and you're expanding or some collapsing star creating a blackhole or some dude getting your dick wet. I guess that means my life is meaningless, since I don't plan to have kids myself.
>>
>>19460808
Life has no meaning, it is an end in itself. To say otherwise is to enslave life to whatever you are placing above it. Meaning is something that humans do, we make meaning, the purpose of meaning is life. I don't need to define "life" because its definition will be found for the individual in the progress of experiencing meaning.

Tl;DR the meaning of life is to experience and make meaning for life.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 277x343px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 277x343px
I think that the universe began when a singular intelligence decided to turn itself into a multitude, so it could unknowingly experience itself
>>
>>19463545
He who worships wisdom above species and one's own individuality has created for themselves a machine God that seeks for the sake of seeking to the forfeit of all else. They have a false wisdom. The truest wisdom that that the purpose of wisdom is for one's own life, which expands to include the existential and interpersonal. May reason be doubted wherever it intrudes on the universal cause of life; such reasoning must be insanity. True wisdom enslaves itself to those whom the wisdom is for.
>>
>>19460808
The meaning of life is probably encoded into a person's life-experience and different for everyone based on how they relate to "god" as a concept. All people are meant to experience different things, or else they would be nothing but redundancies. The meaning of life is to be a vehicle for chaos and to separate from a whole.
>>
>>19464080
I like you
>>
To everyone that responded: HA HAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>19460808
We put meaning/purpose on the world we live in because we are "logical" beings living in an illogical world. We have a fear of nothing: that there is no thing for a purpose and it was a random instance for us to be.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.