[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transhumanism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: AlbertWesker.jpg (610KB, 1920x810px) Image search: [Google]
AlbertWesker.jpg
610KB, 1920x810px
Why does no one care for transhumanism or gnosis?
^
Well
Maybe
Man is not
Yet ready to
Progress further
>>
Format fail.
Please discuss
>>
Short answer, religion(s).

Transhumanism is everything every religion preaches against and warns us about
>>
File: Aleister_Crowley.jpg (13KB, 220x304px) Image search: [Google]
Aleister_Crowley.jpg
13KB, 220x304px
>>19459025
Perhaps, though no directly thats not their style they'd format it in a fable or something
People are content to stare at the horizon
But not go there
>>
What science will find is that human existence is closer to the Avatar movie & Westworld.

We are meat bags created by a superior being/force having an experience via FPV (first person view).

The world we live in was also created by a superior being/force.

Once our meatbags die, we return to our original forms either at the creators side for judgement or back into another meat bag to start again.

Want to be judged nicely by the creator? Follow his rules, try to get a high score. Don't cheat. Be honest on your path to that high score.
>>
File: 2828500-letter_9.jpg (211KB, 1798x943px) Image search: [Google]
2828500-letter_9.jpg
211KB, 1798x943px
>>19459016

Let only those who follow the Grendel Kahn's will, be the only ones fit to attain transhumanism.
>>
>>19459016
If I cared what Man was ready for I wouldn't be a posthumanist. By the way I don't use the word transhumanist anymore.
>>
>>19459068
It's not a case of being fit and able
We're all fit and able.
>>19459077
Haha, there's always time for people to play catch up
>>
File: me am play god me go too far.jpg (543KB, 960x1299px) Image search: [Google]
me am play god me go too far.jpg
543KB, 960x1299px
>>19459025
Yeah you wouldn't want people to become something greater than what they are. That might challenge the status quo, and the clerics wouldn't want that. Neither would their best friends the politicians or their neighbors: Desperate stupid people who will believe anything that makes them feel comfortable.
>>
>>19459099

>> It's not a case of being fit and able
We're all fit and able.

No, we are not. All transhumanism does is put us all roughly equal potential for intellectual and physical potential. However it does nothing to make us morally equal, or force us through toil to develop a sense of values. All 'free upgrades' transhumanism will offer the world is a bunch of shut ins, locked up in their postscarcity nano controlled apartments, retreated within a simulated reality where their ego grows to no bounds as they become a literal demiurge to those fully fleshed out beings of free will created and trapped with them in their own personal Hell's of techno godhood.
>>
>>19459193
I would say it's the opposite of an equaliser as it separates the willful from the willless
Transhumanism to me and what I wish to attain involves no such machinery.
>>
>>19459016
> nobody cares

Yeah except of that russian billionare who put all his money into this and claim to be on verge of being able to transfer his consciousness to a robotic body.

Lurk more
>>
File: zoidberg.png (18KB, 548x420px) Image search: [Google]
zoidberg.png
18KB, 548x420px
>>19459236
Why always with the robot bodies?
>>
>>19459249
Alchemical transmutation meme stretching back thousands of years. Lead to Gold, Flesh to Steel.
>>
>>19459251
I think certain steps need to be taken first before such bold ideas become a reality
>>
>>19459275
That could be. In fact, that should be. But that doesn't mean will be. Oftentimes the people who shouldn't have something are the first to possess it. Then they ruin it for everybody else.
>>
File: temrinator-schmidt.png (478KB, 750x625px) Image search: [Google]
temrinator-schmidt.png
478KB, 750x625px
>>19459275
>>19459314
>>
>>19459343

He'll do worse than that. He'll want to be a demiurge.
>>
>>19459016
Transhumanism will inevitably happen whether you like it or not.

The main concern should be how does it come about?

Will it further enrich the elite to reign down upon us as gods?

Or will it be used to liberate the people and elevate them to a higher state of being?

All this depends on humanity's actions in the present
>>
>>19459425
They will just be weirdos with tech implants.

Like 80's fake bimbo tits, sure they looked great for the time, but now they just look ridiculous.
>>
>>19459425
>>19459434
Transhumanism isn't necessarily JUST being a robot man
*sigh
>>
Whatever you do, do NOT fall for this bullshit theory of life as a digital simulation.

Digital simulation theory is a load of shit.

How many will fall for it in the end? It will be like watching lemmings go over the cliff while the elitists who know better laugh at the ignorance.

Once this bullshit theory gets a backing, you will either choose slavery or death by "joining the digital simulation" that will give you "eternal life."

Simulation theory has merit, but it is a living simulation similar to Avatar.

Post humanism will not happen until all humans are catalogued via DNA & RFID chip.

Only the rich and very select will have the option of real & living "post humanism." Everything else will be bullshit.
>>
File: braininvat.gif (930KB, 490x499px) Image search: [Google]
braininvat.gif
930KB, 490x499px
>>19459536
Transhumanism means we become something more as a species/individual.
It means choosing what rocks to rub yourself against to adapt new features over many generations thus controlling the vector of human evolution...
And it's also to augment yourself externally which is what people tend to get stuck on.
>>
>>19459114
>>19459025
>as if Jews could ever predict robots or metallic alloys in BC
>>
>>19459048
Probably the best explanation I've seen on x.
>>
>>19459016
Don't you guys get it yet? There's a plan set well in motion. The gears are turning.
>Humanity gets ahold of a dead Archon and makes silicon tech.
>You are here.
>A zombie apocalypse (I guess exploding semites works too) forces humanity to militarize and defend itself. Eventually the survivors lock themselves away in safety to perfect their tech craft.
>Utopia is achieved and individuals have massive power.
>The ability to create a hive mind is achieved. Some remain and join the experiment. Others leave.
>The hive mind realizes it is now both immortal and purposeless. It tortures those who remained individuals out of jealousy, through deceitful and subversive means.
>There is a possibility we might actually be here.
>The individuals realize their cage and their enemy. They then go out colonizing and conquering the universe until conquering any more is impossible.
>The reachable universe is fully colonized. This imperial race is now purposeless as well. Chaos and confusion ensues and the universe effectively ends.
>What happens next is up to God.
>>
File: syntheticposters.gif (822KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
syntheticposters.gif
822KB, 600x366px
halp
they uploaded my brain to the internet and now people won't stop trolling me
cyberbullying IS real I can't close my eyes and walk away
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.