[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depiction of the Devil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 152406927.jpg (51KB, 373x460px) Image search: [Google]
152406927.jpg
51KB, 373x460px
Why is the devil depicted with a tail that ends in a triangle / spade / point / etc.? Where is that idea originated (or copied) from? I have been looking online for hours, but best I've found is just opinion and speculation.
>>
File: descarga (6).jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
descarga (6).jpg
6KB, 194x259px
>>19458231
Catholic here
That depiction of satan was based on pan, the roman god of fertility, before christianity satan was a concept and not a person.

The trident, horns and spaded tail were symbols of power used by pagans.

The trident specially, was a weapon used by gladiators, originally a fishing instrument turned into a weapon used in the coliseum, used to depict him as the enemy of early christianity

Many modern works depict him like a guy in a business suit

Cause the modern corporative and political system reflects perfectly it's nature of dishonesty, pride and destruction
>>
File: Unknown.png (9KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
9KB, 192x263px
>>19458231
He's also a college mascot btw
>>
The Devil is seen with Hooves, Horns and a Tail because he is a Bull.

In the old world a Bull was a representation of a Lord. AKA: A Baal or Bel.

The Rulers were seen as Bulls.

The Trident is an identifying object. It is the same Trishula of Poseidon, Neptune or Enki.

Enki is the father of Marduk.

Marduk is the Bel or Baal of Babylon..

Marduks name means the Solar Calf. The Golden Calf Idol was a representation of him.

Marduk is the leader of Babylon and that is why the slaves Moses saved from Egypt were worshiping to an Idol of him.

That is why Moses was so mad, because his people were worshiping his enemy.

Marduk is the Adversary of the Lord of the Hebrews.

This is 100% confirmed by the bible and many other texts.
>>
>>19460263
But there are none (0) depictions of Pan with a spaded, pointy, triangle or arrow-headed tail tip.
>>19460292
Ok...?
>>19460324
There are no bulls with spaded, pointy, triangle or arrow-headed tail tip
>>
File: maximum disgust.png (353KB, 459x360px) Image search: [Google]
maximum disgust.png
353KB, 459x360px
the devil is a thief and he stole poseidon's triden
>>
>>19461113
?
>>
File: 1494086334567.jpg (829KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1494086334567.jpg
829KB, 2560x1600px
>>19461113
>>
How can nobody know onine why the tail is depicted like that? I have been searching everywhere for 2 whole days and still nothing.
>>
>>19460324
So the golden bull statue on wall street?
>>
>>19462279
Bronze bull , excuse me.
>>
There's actually reference to the Jews worshipping it.

The Charging Bull has been likened to the golden calf worshiped by the Israelites during their Exodus from Egypt. During Occupy Wall Street on multiple occasions an interfaith group of religious leaders led a procession of a golden calf figure that was modeled on the bull.[37][38] A large papier-mâché piñata made by Sebastian Errazuriz for a 2014 New York design festival was intended to be reminiscent of both the golden calf and Charging Bull.[39][40] Further comparisons to the golden calf have been made by Jewish and Christian religious commentators.[41][42

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charging_Bull
>>
>>19462288
>>19462294
>>19462302
What the hell are you talking about? Can't you just read the damn thread? For fuck's sake... there are no golden (or any other material) bull statues of which their tail has a pointed, spear-like, arrow-head, sagittated or spaded tail.
>>
>>19458231
Because pagans, christians started a smear campaign against the pagans making animalistic qualities the signs of "evil". This is why the devil is also known as "the beast" and why horns and tails are associated with evil.
>>
>>19462470
Why is the devil depicted with a tail that ends in a triangle / spade / point / etc.?
>Why is the devil depicted with a tail that ends in a triangle / spade / point / etc.?
Why is the devil depicted with a tail that ends in a triangle / spade / point / etc.?
>Why is the devil depicted with a tail that ends in a triangle / spade / point / etc.?

For fuck's sake. Are you all trolling?
>>
>inb4
No, there are no animals with spade-shaped, arrow-shaped, heart-shaped, non-haired tails. Closest match is some fish, but it's quite the stretch.
>>
>>19460263
Peter Stormare was so good in that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.