[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any legit gurus nowadays? Pic related, an example of a total fraud.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 16

File: Osho_HD_074.jpg (849KB, 3000x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Osho_HD_074.jpg
849KB, 3000x2448px
Any legit gurus nowadays? Pic related, an example of a total fraud.
>>
Sure, there's still legit masters out there.
They probably do a bit more blending in these days, though.
>>
Theres a area in india that like 5000 different people claiming to be gurus that just hang out and offer to teach students... so i dunno you decide what that means.
>>
>>19457743
>Theres a area in india

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>19457736
not sure about nowadays but theyve existed before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjGmn-iR08k
>>
They're all scams.
Like Nigerian princes.
Westerns do everything better.
MCTB.
>>
>>19457736
don't know much about gurus.
but try watching the videos of sadhguru jaggi vasudev or j krishnamoorti or even tom campbell.
there is a long list of them all.
find which one works for you.
and then go on exploring.
ultimately you are your guru.
you just have to have a conscious approach to what stream of reality you choose to accept.
>>
>>19457754
>they still do
it just takes the right amount of time.
it is an old saying someplace
"when the student is ready the master appears."
>>
>>19457747
>Update
DESIGNATED
>>
>>19457759
what you perceive as reality might mean absurdity to someone.
things are always relative.
>>
File: ultimatemedpic.jpg (19KB, 401x481px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatemedpic.jpg
19KB, 401x481px
>Sadhguru and Neem Karoli

They're both great but so far pic related is the one that truly speaks to me. "I am That" is a great read that i would recommend to everyone.
>>
File: Swami-Rama.png (33KB, 210x279px) Image search: [Google]
Swami-Rama.png
33KB, 210x279px
>>19457769
I don not mean that what they claim is hogwash.
I'm just saying that they are scammers.
Contemporary books are much more honest in their expositions.
Contemporary masters can be reached online for clarification.
>>
>>19457766
thats a confidence trick that plays off inflated ego, dum dum
>>
>>19457761
/thread
>>
>>19457785
and that is precisely why i said that things are relative.
each one of us is scamming
every night we scam our true selves by thinking that we wont die, planning for this thing and that.
we think we scam death by using things that evolve the expectancy of life somewhat.
you scam yourself doing that job thinking i will save this amount of money and maybe be happy.
in this world of scammers and frauds
choose the one that is lesser among both.
and about books,honesty and expositions i am not sure.
a mind untamed and untainted by outside conflicting knowledge somehow finds its true purpose.
the trick is to look inwards if your goal is realization, no goal i find is higher than that.
and what i just said could be a lie or even a truth.
the concept being relative.
thank you.
>>
>>19457789
we are all bundles of ego.
nothing more.
and maybe you are right.
i would never shunt off the possibility of me being totally wrong.
but i said it and ill say it again that things are relative.
everything we see is just a possibility.
>>
>>19457811
oh shut the fuck up with that shit
>>
>>19457811
>shit appears on a plate
>"we should eat the smallest turd"

nobody is making you to eat
>>
>>19457820
do you understand what i tried to ascertain or are you just dumb ?
the crux of it was that everything is a scam
you just have to find a way that works for you.
it may apply to you or it might not.
i never assumed i am a know all and tell all.
i speak what i understand and maybe that might be bull shit to you.
but being an ignorant fag and retorting with a comment like that shows me how open you are to knowing.
try coming up with a valid thing instead of shitty rant, kid.
>>
>>19457833
not backing up any impostors or fake fuck scammers.
all i am saying is what is shit to you is food to someone else.
depends on what your mind(breakdown mechanism) can comprehend.
and you must be a special breed of ignorant to take logic to a shitty level.
>>
>>19457841
So you're saying that a book guiding the reader through genuine experiences is the same as a book describing misleading made up stuff? Just as an example.
>>
>>19457841
i see a jackass trying to make sense of something stupid he said earlier on in the thread.
Hurr Durr I said scam earlier so now all things are scam desu. Even my poops is scam.
>>
>>19457849
how can you even discern what is genuine or false.
you think it is a genuine experience.
"YOU THINK"
again, not taking any sides here
what you may perceive as genuine i might perceive as fake.
it always depends on your way of thinking and your discerning capabilities.
that is what i have been saying this entire time.
a thought is relative to a thinker.
no offense meant, but please try getting what i am saying from a neutral prescriptive.
maybe you will get it.
>>
>>19457869
Watching ego defend itself at any cost is an interesting thing to behold.
>>
>>19457850
and all i see is a 12 year old kid trying to come up with retorts instead of arguing on the merit of the said words that you think are stupid.
thank you.
>>
>>19457873
and what part of that makes you think ego defends itself?
enlighten me
i am all ears
>>
>>19457874
no merit in those words desu
but since everything is a scam why worry about it?
>>
>>19457869
Certainly making something up classifies it as not genuine, while thinking something is genuine, leaves some chances of it being so.
Dontcha think?
>>
>>19457845
good grief.
so one cookie is made of glass and one cookie is made of rocks and sand
and someone says here, do you want a cookie? what do?
>(You) well rocks and sand could be someones food.
>well glass might be someones food but they are still real cookies to someone right guys???
>>
>>19457878
exactly
why worry
to each his own.
i can have things my way you can have them yours.
the point was having a discussion.
of having thing that you know and feel tested.
but clearly
you seem like a fan of safe spaces.
>>
>>19457747
Kek
>>
>>19457890
im just a troll. you are the one getting upset or the trolled
>>
>>19457879
yes it is so.

now let me take you to what you said.
i seriously do not want to argue here but

>(you)So you're saying that a book guiding the reader through genuine experiences is the same as a book describing misleading made up stuff?

>(me) how do you know the experiences are real to begin with ?
these are experiences that someone else(not you) has had.
they are if not equal but at par with what you consider as made up things.
until it is your experience
there is no point of validation proving that the experience is not made up.
>>
>>19457901
sometimes i forget i am on 4chan.
thanks (insert a shitfaced giggling nervous smiley here).
>>
File: 14f.jpg (70KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
14f.jpg
70KB, 750x563px
>>19457912
>these are experiences that someone else(not you) has had.
>someone else has had
So you trust equally a habitual liar and someone with a clear record?
Why are you wasting everyone's time?
>>
There's never been a legit guru.
>>
>>19457938

>So you trust equally a habitual liar and someone with a clear record?

I trust based on evidence not on what someones make believe is.

>So you trust equally a habitual liar and someone with a clear record?
so you believe everything based on records about someone.
tells a lot about you.
and you try making up counter arguments with a very weak retort.
by your assumption people who are liars are never capable of truth in any scenario possible.

>Why are you wasting everyone's time?
tries being a white-knight
speak for yourself sir, let other people have their decisions made by them.
and you question believes.
i feel sorry for your state of affairs.
>>
>>19457951
precisely so.
its all based on what perceptions shape us.
>>
>>19457955
>tries being a white-knight
>speak for yourself sir, let other people have their decisions made by them.
>and you question believes.
>i feel sorry for your state of affairs.

M'tips.
>>
>>19457736

All gurus across the breadth of time and space are frauds. Nobody but you can ever teach you about what you need but you, all others can do is project their own flaws and hangups on you and hope that what worked for them works for you. Gurus are slaves of the ego.
>>
>>19457736
I am a legit and rare Guru, only available to those who find me. I don't seek followers, don't advertise, but once found abundant guidance is received
>>
>>19457956
No, simply put it is the wrong religion.
>>
File: richardwithdaughter1975.jpg (95KB, 736x589px) Image search: [Google]
richardwithdaughter1975.jpg
95KB, 736x589px
http://www.actualfreedom.com.au/

Richard from Actual Freedom - though not a guru as he isn't spiritual.
>>
>>19457971
fair point
>>
>>19457951
Ok bluepill.
>>
Sadghuru
>>
>>19457736
give me a quick rundown on osho
>>
File: 1391717886342.png (134KB, 535x479px) Image search: [Google]
1391717886342.png
134KB, 535x479px
Hanz is the only legit guru
>>
>>19457956
>mfw fagots conflate "everything is relative durr" with enlightmment.
>>
>>19458035

>mfw fagots conflate "everything is relative durr" with enlightmment..

*enlightenment

what is enlightenment?
would love to hear your views on it.
>>
>>19458043
It's the oppisite of the state you're in right now
>>
>>19458043
Its a false notion humans sometimes think about, and believe that they have "figuered it out". Then go anyehere or everywhere and brag about it and call everyone else a sheep.
>>
>>19458056
>bluepill intensifies
>>
>>19458053

>Its a false notion humans sometimes think about, and believe that they have "figuered it out". Then go anyehere or everywhere and brag about it and call everyone else a sheep.

This is what you are precisely doing right now when you say things like:
>It's the oppisite of the state you're in right now

*slow claps*
>>
>>19457736
Yes. Guru means an individual you look up to in a spiritual way. Its not tied to a religion, more to a region and language but he meaning stands.
>>
>>19458066
So what? Suddenly im wrong because i superficially fit into some shallow faggots made up behavioral patterns?
>>
>>19457736
Each & everyone of these so called "gurus" are frauds, you cannot buy knowledge, you have to learn it by/for yourself, leave your home/family, learn "yog", go to some isolated place away from civilization and then try to be one with the nature.
>>
>>19458076
>So what? Suddenly im wrong because i superficially fit into some shallow faggots made up behavioral patterns?
i never did question whether you were right or wrong nor did i assume anything about you.
you assumed that for yourself.

>So what? Suddenly im wrong because i superficially fit into some shallow faggots made up behavioral patterns?
this is what i precisely meant by the term "RELATIVE".
you are right in your own way and i might be wrong by the scales you judge me.

please try getting the context of what is being said instead of jumping to conclusions.
>>
>>19458077
truer words have never be spoken.
hahahahahhahaha (insert a dumbfuck happy smiley with tears running out of its eyes here)
>>
>>19458077
A guru CAN transfer enlightment. At the bare minimum they've been through spiritual processes so they can give you guidance. A book can't talk. A book cannot make a profile of the student. The only reson you're talking about "yog" is because some guru wrote in down couple of millenia ago. Your appauling ignorance and simplistic view on the issue doesnt invalidate millenia long tradition of gurus and disciples.
>>
>>19458107
finally a sensible reply to the book vs guru explanation.
the books were there because they were written by gurus
there were not even books for a long time yet people somehow became realized, it was a verbal recitation almost always until the books and manuscripts came in.
majority of them might be frauds but that doesn't discredit the work done by the true seers.
>>
>>19457736
Nope. They're all businessmen who haven't said anything new. People will always be tricked by their own willingness to believe in something different.
>>
File: guru of the script.jpg (150KB, 1148x917px) Image search: [Google]
guru of the script.jpg
150KB, 1148x917px
>>
>>19458077
>Learn it by/for yourself
So much for books the internet and basically the entire foundation for all science, history, and civilization.
>>
File: guru-meditation_error.gif (3KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
guru-meditation_error.gif
3KB, 640x480px
>>19458168
>>
Why is he a fraud?
>>
File: lord-chaitanya-jagat-guru.jpg (71KB, 806x600px) Image search: [Google]
lord-chaitanya-jagat-guru.jpg
71KB, 806x600px
This is a serious question, and an excellent thread that is getting distracted. We must form the questions properly before we can get an answer.

What are the qualifications of the guru?

What are the symptoms by which one can know the guru?

In Gaudiya Vaishnavism, these answers are given in the Gita (2.54-59) and the first three verses of the Nectar of Instruction.
https://www.vedabase.com/en/bg/2
https://www.vedabase.com/en/noi
>>
>>19457736
Yea I met mine a couple of years ago, has totally blown me away with all the things he taught me, some of the truths were very disturbing at first and I didn't want to accept it. but with time it has lead to real and concrete spiritual growth. His name is Jesus Christ.
>>
>>19457780
What is Ramana Maharshi?
>>
>>19457889
You probably drink rocks and sand via your drinking water.
>>
Edwrd Muzika if you want self realization / enlightenment, I think he's the future.
>>
id say that the best way to tell if a guru is legit is trough his followers, in the presence of a guru, people experience happiness and spontaneous realization of truth bursting in uncontrollable laughter or crying without any direct interaction with him.

mooji seems legit, his follower upload his videos on youtube if you want to check him out
>>
Ant guru
>>
>>19457736
fraud, but his hat is so sparkly
>>
What about this guy /x/? Is he legitimate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIk0ZV1L_u4
>>
>>19459929
https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/frank-morales-from-sanatana-dharma-to-jesus-christ-vijaya-rajiva/
>>
>>19457736
You're with the guru in every moment.
>>
File: shankara-yoga-vedanta.jpg (213KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shankara-yoga-vedanta.jpg
213KB, 600x600px
A better question is, are there any legit disciples nowadays?

False disciples are attracted to false Gurus. Thats why there are so many false Gurus in the world. There are countless amounts of both.

The false disciple wants to be told lies which are pleasing to the ears. They always want to be pleased and never want to do the necessary work required of a sincere disciple. End of story.

Gurus who are truly realized and freed from karmic bondage became that way because they put in the work they demand of their disciples, no more, no less. And this work is called "Renunciation."

Also, this renunciation is not just outward as in the case of shaving the head and wearing the robe, but more importantly, it is an inward renunciation and dispassion for sensory pleasures of the material world. That is the true renunciation, and it explains why even many who have shaved the head and wear the robe are complete frauds.

Almost nobody wants to do this, and thats why there are so few true Gurus in the world. As for the ones that do exist, they certainly want absolutely nothing to do with the material world and those who are attached to it. Only sincere disciples capable of being uplifted interest them, and it should also be noted that both parties have no difficulty in regards to coming together, so it is said.
>>
>>19460215
Thank you for promoting Advaita Vedanta and not some other thing, this is the best one because I am doing it

I was born doing self-enquiry and only knew it after I tried self-enquiry and thought "Just like when I was a kid"

It's frootloop legit.
>>
>>19459484
He has brought dozens of people to self realization including myself.
>>
Mooji is pretty good imo
>>
>>19459929
I would learn from this sadhu. His Vasishta-advaita vedanta is similar to GV's acintya-bhedabhed-tattva: qualified-oneness conclusion compared to our simultaneous-oneness/difference-reality. It is a different branch of the Vaishnava tree; our own tradition connects through Madhvacarya.

As for the video, I would prefer he quote from the commentaries directly instead of giving a bit of a strawman-through-oversimplification for dvaita and advaita, but I agree with what he says. I suppose that depends on how prepped he was for this talk. Quoting is nice but I wouldn't expect him to memorize all the commentaries. I especially liked the part around 27:00 where he talks about sun/sunshine, energy/energetic, and at 37:00 where he speaks of the oneness of the distinct atman - but that might just be because I agree.

I'm a bit surprised he didn't go further into the difference between dvaita and vashista-advaita.
>>
File: other half.png (237KB, 382x597px) Image search: [Google]
other half.png
237KB, 382x597px
Gurus have better shit to do than post on /x/
and if the FBI keeps trying to shadowban me Imma hex them good
>>
>>19460510
Supposedly a disciple of bhakti rakshak sridhar maharaja and yet doesn't use tilak, espouse gaudiya vaishnava philosophy, or even promote hare krsna mahamantra. Absolute fraud.
>>
File: acharyas.jpg (283KB, 960x300px) Image search: [Google]
acharyas.jpg
283KB, 960x300px
These three amazing spiritual teachers from the brahma madhva sampradaya; srila prabhupada, gour govinda maharaja, and srila gurudeva.
>>
>>19460549
>bhakti rakshak sridhar maharaja
If that is true, then I agree he should not be teaching vashista-advaita. I've never had much issue on outward dress, but if he's sitting as guru I think it odd he doesn't wear tilak as well. He's saying vaishnava philosophy, but he isn't representing his guru.
>>
>>19460737
>He's saying vaishnava philosophy, but he isn't representing his guru.

This exactly. His initiation is actually referenced on the bio of his website.
>>
File: 1502241952366.jpg (110KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1502241952366.jpg
110KB, 900x600px
Is Hinduism inherently right-wing? Why are so many right wingers/conservatives attracted to Hinduism
>>
Advaya > Advaita

Get off my board you fucking krishnafags reeee
>>
>>19460851
What does your tradition say about guru?
>>
>>19460775
Cuz it's redpilled af
>>
What if marxists reversed the purpose of religion, like they reversed so many other things? What if all along religion was a control structure... targeting the ruling class?
>>
File: amma1_0.jpg (58KB, 580x320px) Image search: [Google]
amma1_0.jpg
58KB, 580x320px
>>19457736
Nah, Osho is pretty legit. He just played up the role of being the "rich man's guru". Most of the controversy came from his close attendants who got out of control.

Amma, the hugging saint, is legit. She is more than a guru. She is an avatar (an incarnate deity). Sounds grandiose I know, but that's who she is.

A few that some have mentioned are Sadhguru and Neem Karoli Baba who's passed. Ramana Maharshi, Anandamayi Ma, UG and J.Krishnamurti, Adi Da, Muktananda. Nisargadatta another, although I think he was not as fully enlightened as the others. Mooji and Adyashanti are the same. The list really does go on.

Aside from those people there are legit gurus alive today that are not so famous. Some teach on youtube but are not well known, like my own teachers whom I won't mention. Even more are under the radar, not on youtube at all.

I understand though why many people would be jaded about gurus. I can't really tell you how or why some seemingly enlightened beings act the way they do. The only thing I can say is that when you meet them face to face it's a different story. It's not just charisma, it's a real palpable energy that you will feel in their presence. It makes you feel like you are meeting something divine. It's a kind of radiance. Sound silly, I know, but that's how it is. I haven't even mentioned what happens to your kundalini when meeting them.

It's rather tragic I think that many people will dismiss enlightenment and never get the chance to meet an enlightened being, but what can ya do. All I can say is that it's absolutely real and that I hope for all of you to experience this in your life.
>>
>>19461062
I'm new to Hinduism. What is redpilled about it
>>
bentinho massaro
>>
>>19461393
Bump
>>
>>19461214
Osho was an absolute fraud.
Do watch countless of testimonies of his female disciples. He wasnt getting laid so the whole guru thing was a ploy to get pussy. He was that cynical. And the things he says about himself on his website, like being an incarnation of Buddha, are just lol. He had good philosophical insight on some issues but Allan Watts had the same if not better and he died alcoholic. Doesn't mean jackshit. He was an actor and a cinical asshole with a peculiar way of talking, basically.
>>
>>19457736
>>19457743
Looking for an /x/ Discord server?
https://discord.gg/PVrZamw
>>
>>19461393
Bump
>>
>>19457736
Search for Bora Bora the Guru
>>
>>19461393
Idk about politics (you shouldn't be so lazy to not research it yourself instead of bumping this thread)

Hinduism is like everything good about religion in one religion, it has everything from every religion/philosophy that's good and true.

I do Advaita Vedanta (Ramana, Nisargadatta, Robert Adams...) it's superior to Buddhism though Buddhism came from it, it failed to improve it.

And I can't explain Hinduism at all, this is just my experience.
>>
>>19457736
yogiraj siddhanath gurunath. its your duty to reach nirvikalp not his to bring it to you
>>
They're all old fucks with nothing to show for it. They age all the same, they get sick all the same, and they die all the same. Maybe if a man came along that was genuinely above being a human you could call him a true guru. Everything else is just people trying to goad you into giving them money.
>>
>>19457736
Why aren't you taking the ug pill.
They're all frauds abusing human suffering and pain. They make it sound sweet and hopeful, like there is something to achieve that will help you out of your misery
>>
>>19466239
>They're all frauds abusing human suffering and pain.

>all

Stop making big unsupportable claims. It makes you look like a douche.
>>
>>19460215
>renunciation and dispassion for sensory pleasures of the material world. That is the true renunciation,

No, this is the great lie. It's another belief to be attached to. Why do you think the Buddha, an ascetic, became fat after enlightenment? To show that it doesn't matter. Enjoy physicality, deny it, it doesn't matter either way, as long as you aren't hooked by either.
>>
>>19463926
>it's superior to Buddhism though Buddhism came from it
Advaita Vedanta stems from Sankara Acarya, or rather what we understand to be Advaita now. He devised it specifically to combat the already prevalent Buddhism, and many of his commentaries directly address and criticize Buddhism. Buddhism in no way comes from Advaita Vedanta. Buddhism and other sramana traditions split from Vedic teachings about the same time - if not before - the Upanishads were being written.

>>19466720
Dispassion is not the same as rejection. Someone rejecting the material has passion for it, just a negative passion. True renunciation is on the level of awareness, not basely accepting or rejecting material things.

Not only that, by anon's pic we can deduce he is talking about Advaita Vedanta. What Buddha did wouldn't matter because he was wrong according to Sankaracarya.
>>
>>19466720
>No, this is the great lie. It's another belief to be attached to.

Renunciation (vairagya) is not a belief, it is a practice which results in direct experience of cessation of mental activity, which in turn reveals the eternal, unmoving consciousness.

In Vedic terms, this is called Jnana, which translates to knowledge, or wisdom. That means direct realization of absolute truth for the practitioner, it is not "belief." In Buddhism, it is called Sunyata, which translates to emptiness.

>Why do you think the Buddha, an ascetic, became fat after enlightenment?

The Buddha abandoned asceticism to practice the middle way. However do not confuse it with embracing materiality, as he himself retired to the forest and refused to budge from the Bodhi tree (i.e. sense withdrawal) until the truth was realized.

>became fat after enlightenment?

Are you sure you're not confusing Sakyamuni with Budai? Its a common mistake among westerners.
Thread posts: 108
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.