[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in Dragons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

Lets be real, you cannot prove that dragons never existed through this theory:

The fire a dragon breathed came from two individual biological chemicals stored and created in glands in the creatures neck and body. When mixed together, they ignited and formed a napalm-like substance. Similarly to a human stomach, protected by mucus, the glands were also lined with some form of mucus-like substance to prevent the chemicals within from eroding through the body. When the dragon died, this lining was no longer produced, and the chemicals soon ate through the glands. When they came together inside the corpse, they ignited in a furious blaze that engulfed the entire body. This blaze burned so hot that the very bones were reduced to ash. All that was left of the once great dragon simply turned to ashes and blew away in the wind.

The fact that Dragons are included in the culture of many different civilisations from different regions of Earth is most likely not a coincidence. The manuscripts that detail what historians believe to be fantasy may be based on what their writers and painters saw with their own eyes.

Does anyone here low-key believe in Dragons or have I been watching too much GoT?
>>
If I'm not mistaken, in ancient chinese legend, the Divine Mandate to rule was given by dragons, or at least symbolized by the sign of the dragon.
>>
It isn't the first time I hear about the Gland Dragon Fire theory
I want to believe
>>
>>
>>19457605
Wouldn't the gland, like the rest of the body eventually decay before the materials could touch and go boom?
>>
>>19457636
Afaik the chemicals in the glads didn't decay unlike the rest of the body, that's why they went boom after they died(I suppose)
>>
>>19457575
You really have no clue how human imagination works. What's the scariest thing a prehistoric fuck can imagine? Snakes, fire, and things that come from the sky. Now mix em all together, make it giant as well and you got the perfect beast they can project all their fears onto. Human fears are pretty much consistent across all civilizations.
>>
If dragons were real and common enough to be prevalent in nearly all ancient cultures, then wouldn't the spectacle of their deaths be as common of an occurrence (if not more so), something that couldn't be explained at the time but looking back we could say "oh, those were dragon deaths". How many historical records are there of unexplained fires/explosions that we could look back on and now identify as being dragon-death induced? I'm not saying all deaths would be accounted for, but at least some substantial amount seems reasonable.
>>
>>19457671
Itd be cooler if dragons were real though
>>
>>19457683
>anon begins to understand /x/: the post
>>
Vsauce2 has a great video explaining why dragons appear in almost every culture.
The vid is called "The millions year war"
>>
>>19457575

Dinosaurs larger than dragons existed including flying dinosaurs.
There are insects and other creatures that have projectile acid etc.

>A dinosaur that breathes fire doesn't even strike me as paranormal.
>>
>>19457750
What makes a dragon paranormal is it's sapience.
>>
>>19457755

That makes more sense.
>>
>>19457755

Plenty of intelligent animals exist in nature besides humans. Dolphins, chimps, elephants, octopus, and some parrots, for instance.
>>
>>19457764
Intelligence doesn't equal sapience.
>>
>>19457771

If that's really your response then you really have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1502846768536.jpg (42KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502846768536.jpg
42KB, 766x960px
>>19457775
>mfw plebbit has better understanding of the meaning of sapience than one /x/fag
https://www.reddit.com/r/singularity/comments/1xsz9h/defining_some_commonly_misused_words/
>>
>>19457781

It's still ridiculous to assert that human biology is the only biology that could even possibly lead to sapience in the context of a probably fictional species.
>>
>>19457803
Dude... I actually used the example to show why we couldn't match a dragon's sapience with another non-human species.
>>
>>19457575
Dragons were all radically different depending on culture. You watched that stupid mockumentary and fell for it. The ancients were just trying to make sense of dinosaur bones. Nothing in the fossil records indicate they ever existed. Don't even hit me with the retarded "le cover-up XDDD" meme.
>>
>>19457775
He's not wrong, retarded faggot. You sound like an idiot by saying any of those animals are sapient.
>>
>>19457953

Anyone who argues from definition can't be argued with, especially when they don't care where or how that definition is established.
>>
File: DragonSketch.jpg (41KB, 793x466px) Image search: [Google]
DragonSketch.jpg
41KB, 793x466px
>>19457575
>Lets be real, you cannot prove that dragons never existed through this theory:
Burden of proof. We have no fossils, no skeletons, no carcass.

>a bunch of unfounded description of a burning fluid to make excuses
Haha fuck you, no stories of dragon slaying ever mentioned burning dragon corpses.

>The fact that Dragons are included in the culture of many different civilisations from different regions of Earth is most likely not a coincidence.
Have you heard how they describe them? They're often very different. You've got the amphitere, the wyvern, the lóng (or lung), the tatzelwurm and the lindworm, the basilisk and cockatrice, Hydra, Typhon, Charybdis, the Knucker, the Lambton Worm, Jörmungandr, Níðhöggr, Tiamat, the mušḫuššu, the feathered serpent Quetzalcoatl...

>The manuscripts that detail what historians believe to be fantasy may be based on what their writers and painters saw with their own eyes.
What the fuck are you talking about? Dragons don't generally appear in natural history books. Unlike, say, the unicorn.

Which is less ridiculous than one may think, it likely refers to an animal with a single horn, rather than the modern depiction of a horned equine creature.

Honestly, I think a lot of that can be explained for dragon encounters too. Be they crocodilians or other reptiles, likely large snakes.

I recall one text, "True and Wonderfull," etc. relating the story of a dragon in Sussex. While I'd absolutely LOVE to believe that's legitimate, I've also heard that it was a hoax, by a group of criminals wanting to keep people away.

By all means, I would love for dragons to be real. I absolutely loved "The Last Dragon/Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real." But I don't think they are much more than a representation of the powers of nature (consider the perspectives between East and West, for both dragons and nature itself). Or combinations of terrifying or beloved creatures, as the case may be.

It's a fascinating subject nonetheless.
>>
>>19457679
Maybe they weren't all aggressive? Chinese dragons are good luck symbols aren't they?
>>
I hope this thread burns, just like the dragons you faggots think are real
>>
in a young girls heart
>>
>>19457575
Dragons, or at least one dragon, did exist.

The book of Job talks about it.

Job 40:19 Flames stream from its mouth;
sparks of fire shoot out.
>>
>>19457575
GoT doesn't have dragons, just wyverns
>>
>>19459489
I know this is bait, but dragons aren't real, and can be whatever a writer wants them to be. Mythology is inconsistent, varied, and has no official "canon", so unless they're adapting a specific myth and get the number of legs wrong, this complaint is completely invalid.
>>
I believe the world witnessed something that gave us a belief in dragons. The details between hearing about dragons and understanding what they were will drag us to hell.
>>
I should add that the nature of what was witnessed will have left... different.. evidence, than we'll be expecting of any biological or even solid body.
>>
>>19457575

They are definitely real. They are alien in nature and originate from outside of this universe. They can manipulate a wide variety of elements and substances, not just fire. They rarely ever contact humans these days, but had notable influence upon ancient civilizations.
>>
>>19460032
Nigga that sounds like straight outta Pern
>>
>>19457702
leave sanity all who come here for this land is inhabited by the mentally ill/bored
>>
File: IMG_2271.jpg (24KB, 323x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2271.jpg
24KB, 323x250px
I was told by a self proclaimed mage

"Yes, dragons are real. They exist in 6D. They too want this planet back."

I interpreted this to mean back from the ayys
>>
File: 1399681995032.jpg (59KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
1399681995032.jpg
59KB, 620x453px
>>19457575
i think its technically possible; they would have 2 b dormant for a very lengthy amount of time due to the amount of energy they need when awake?... so ull either get Dragons that r benign & use the energy/heat of the Earth after storing it in hibernation, or 1s that use their consciousness to consume every living thing in its path 4 energy [i guess similar 2 a whale's way of eating(fun fact: if a school of krill is too small, the whale will not eat it, and continue to drift in the current 2 save energy
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YARe1etnNZE)], then hibernate again

could also point out, that the earth used to contain a lot more oxygen which is basically life energy that allowed everything to grow monstrously, less oxygen, smaller creatures eg: 2ft wing span insects & the obvious -- dinosaurs >http://listverse.com/2013/01/14/10-prehistoric-bugs-that-could-seriously-mess-you-up/
>>
>>19458087
underrated
>>
>>19457575
6-7 Years ago i remember seeing a Dragon special on Discovery. There was a bunch of talk about their mating habits and where they lived. They even talked about eggs being found in ''perfect condition''. Towards the end of the show, it was a bunch of guy exploring some kind of Ice cave/cavern, i dont remember where. Inside and frozen into the wall, there was a big ass green dragon, it looked preserved as fuck. anyone else remember seeing this? After watching that, i was like ''huh, dragons are real''. Never really looked into it much after that, i just figured it was a similar deal to dinosaurs. Somebody please tell me they saw it as well.
>>
File: elephantskull.jpg (284KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
elephantskull.jpg
284KB, 1300x957px
>>19458087
>>19458087
its fun where our imaginations can go & what they can create -- they say our myth of cyclopeses come from our ancestors digging up elephant skulls, & speculating
>>
>>19457575
Oooor... They are simple representations of all elements and power.

They're big (power)
They can walk (earth)
They (Some) can swim (water)
They can fly (air)
They breath fire (fire, orly?)

And... a animal that exist on all continents, has bigger ancestrals and is feared by all civilizations? Snakes.

Snakes + Size + All elements = Dragons

That's why we have slight variations, but they still similar
>>
>>19460174
But GoT already has sand sneks
>>
>>19460205
>Gayme of Dhrones
>Reality
>>
>>19457575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8gmmxXRWg
>>
>>19457575
You can not prove that I didn't fuck your mum through this theory:
I fucked your mum
>>
>>19457575
With no headless skeletons and no craters that falls apart, either the explosion/burn wouldn't be able to burn the whole body or it would and there would be craters with trace amounts of ash all over the place.
>>
>>19460246
YOOOO this is what i saw! this is exactly what i was talking about . good looking out anon, i know i wasn't mis-remembering.

>>19460161
>>
They're extremely powerful entities in the astral perception of the spirit. Collective unconscious of the dreamland state if you prefer.
That and physical confrontations with 'lesser' versions in classical stories are generally crocodiles.
>>
>>19457575
They're the "Reptilians" I believe.
Smart bastards know exactly what they're doing.
>For the most part
>>
>>19460032
Thank you.
>Reptilians
They never died out.
>>
Simple, I don't have to prove anything. OP provides nothing but anecdote. That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
>>
>>19460161
I saw it.
>>
File: 1503012744345.jpg (780KB, 1800x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1503012744345.jpg
780KB, 1800x3600px
Black wyrm master race.
>>
>>19457671

You just played yourself. Our natural fears are genetic imprints of dangers from aeons past. You have beautifully summed up why there might be a dragon shaped imprint... That being that dragons are dangerous.
>>
>>19459441
Dragons are old school FAKE NEWS by ancient Jews trying to sell fantastic tales of other lands
>>
>>19457575
Imagine living 1000+ years ago.
one day you come across these giant fucking bones that obviously came from some enormous creature.
you would most likely create an image in your mind of what kind of beast it would be and proceed to tell those around you about said monster.

I'm not saying the bones could have been from dinosaurs.
BUT IT WAS DINOSAURS.
>>
>>19461349
exctly, that's how dragons were created
>>
>>19460161
Yeah and that mermaids one where they found the body XD
>>
>>19460161
It was a documentary based on IF dragons were real. I owned it as a kid cause I was (still am) a huge fan of dragons. It was fun seeing how they could've technically survived the asteroid that wiped out dinosaurs and evolved to exist when human's did so that their mythology was based on fact not fiction. Also cool to see how their biology would work to fit the stories of giant fire breathing flying lizards.
>>
File: dragonheart-draco.png (581KB, 850x361px) Image search: [Google]
dragonheart-draco.png
581KB, 850x361px
>>19460829
>no wyverns
>no lindworms
>amphiteres are called "coatl"
>Behemoth is a dragon
>drake and dragon are somehow different
>Shenlong have "a minor position"
>dragons designated by color have completely different powers, rather than simply looking different by camouflage and other ordinary purposes of animal patterns and colors
>immortality is even an option
Fucking RPG bullshit. They never get dragons right.
>>
>>19457575
OP, "your" theory **coincidentally** sounds like how the dragons breathed fire in that movie Reign of Fire. Good ass movie.

Regardless, love dragons.
>>
>>19461428
Im glad I'm not the only one when people fuck up wyverns vs dragons and shit. In Dragon Age Inquisition the "wyverns" were terribly disappointing and were more drakes than anything. The dragons however, did not disappoint. Best animated dragons I've seen in a video game yet.
>>
>>19461439
*..not the only one who gets annoyed when..*
Sorry, typed too fast
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.