[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you afraid that a monster was hiding in wait for you as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 17

File: sandmankid.jpg (44KB, 325x250px) Image search: [Google]
sandmankid.jpg
44KB, 325x250px
Were you afraid that a monster was hiding in wait for you as a kid? When you had to think about it, what did you picture? What was your personal "boogeyman"?
>>
>>19456464

Not really sure what they looked like. I didn't really have too much fear though. I pretended that I was Vegeta in disguise as a human and if anything bothered me I would just destroy the planet. And like I would have internal monologue as Vegeta in case anything could read my mind lol
>>
>>19456464
mine was always kinda robotic about the way it moved but always had something to do with the muppets I think it all started with this video though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtctQXzU3AY
my mind would make the monster waddle to the beat almost
>>
>>19456614
no wait I remember now it was fucking this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ii-Df1Hs8
jesus christ I had a weird imagination
>>
>>19456578
Mine was from a dream, too. It was a pissed off old woman who looked relatively normal, but her face was this crude wooden construct. It was like small sticks stacked on top of one another until they made a head shape with two small holes as eyes.
>>
Hedora from the Godzilla movies. Or the Meganula from the Godzilla movies. Fucking Godzilla movies, I had no right watching those at my age, around 9.
>>
I don't remember fearing any specific entity but I feared ANYTHING would suddenly jump up at my bed end or at the doorway behind it.

But this guy also scared me. Holy fuck
>>
File: IMG_5310.jpg (15KB, 308x263px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5310.jpg
15KB, 308x263px
Terrified me
>>
>>19456464
It was a hand under my bed, not even a monster hand, a human hand

I didn't put my head near the edge of the bed that wasn't against a wall because the hand could come up and drag me down, feet and arms too

pic related
>>
File: TheForest_Intro-1024x576.jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
TheForest_Intro-1024x576.jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
>>19456464
>the "hee-ho men"
I called them the "hee-ho men" because that's all they said. When I was about 4-5 years old I used to have recurring nightmares that these huge black tribal men would come into my room. Their motions were very robotic. They would only make motions in sets of 2, and each movement they would say "hee" then "ho" in a deep loud voice. They would come into my room and pick me up. Walk me out of my room. Take me outside. And just walk off into the woods with me. All the while they would chant "hee-ho" each time they performed an action like picking me up or opening a door. What made them so terrifying to me was that they were so strong and impossible to reason with.
>pic related
when i played the game The Forest for the first time and saw this cut scene, even 16 years after the fact it kinda shocked me for a second because it reminded me exactly of the "hee-ho men" and made my terrible memories come flooding back
>>
>>19456464
I used to fear the dark pretty bad, my nightmares always used to involve some ghost chick.
>>
>>19456464
I never was afraid of things like that, I was more afraid of strange things, like parts of my brain being removed - and wondering how I would think, what would my brain do to compensate for the missing data? Would it lie to me? Would that mean I was not in control of my thoughts? Were my thoughts merely a byproduct of unconscious functionality? What would I not be able to do anymore, and how would I know? What if I couldn't move my toes anymore and didn't know it wasn't always like that? How would I process this information? How would I ever know I even forgot something?

Other times, I was afraid of the concepts of infinity and oblivion.
>>
File: willowtroll.jpg (31KB, 474x353px) Image search: [Google]
willowtroll.jpg
31KB, 474x353px
I used to really be terrified of bigfoot/the yeti/sasquatch/monkey people.

Maybe it was the idea of a hairy man shaped thing lurking in the woods. Love me some sasquatch now though.

Also I watched Willow for the first time recently and the monkey things that try to get val kilmer would have sent me straight to the fucking hostpial if I'd have seen that shit as a kid. Pic related.
>>
File: IMG_3511.jpg (146KB, 960x1619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3511.jpg
146KB, 960x1619px
>>19457109
>I don't give a hee-ho

But seriously man that sounds fucking terrifying.
>>
a man named dave who'd lurk around the corners of my house
>>
Crocodiles. Many of them on the floor, a few standing in the closet, waiting to eat me.
>>
File: Herma-Mora.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Herma-Mora.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
A black amorphous thing like Hermaeus Mora
Unironically speaking...
And this shit was decades before I even knew about TES
>>
A surprisingly athletic and vicious skeletal fish. It wasn't a boogey man so much as one more reason I was afraid of the water.
>>
skeletons
>>
>>19456464
Just black Smoke with Arms... Some times just a invisible Power the dont let you run to my Mom
>>
File: wotw7.jpg (407KB, 1024x490px) Image search: [Google]
wotw7.jpg
407KB, 1024x490px
>>19456464
War of the worlds martian tripods - in particular the ones from the jeff wayne album. Genuinely used to have nightmares about them. As a very young child, in the early 1980s I visited london and my father, for his amusement, tricked me into believing that the war of the worlds martian invasion was an actual historical event. I remember being terrified at what I perceived as a lack of precaution against another possible invasion on the part of the authorities which I was convinced could happen at any time. I could not understand how or why there were not detatchments soldiers with field guns tilted skyward on every street corner in the country.
I'v had many a nightmare where the tripods appear in some kind of invasion scenario. In one they tried to make me into a slave in order to hunt other humans in hiding. In another they appeared striding up and down the street shouting "ULLA!" and I hid behind a sofa but was dragged out by a metal tentacle that seemed to pierce the flesh on my back. Its the only dream I ever recall having where I felt pain.
Whenever they appeared they always did so as I kind of insurmountable foe from which neither flight or concealment was possible and they came accompanied by a sense of primal fear & dread.

https://youtu.be/mrMfrUjk7Zc
>>
File: gremlin.jpg (67KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
gremlin.jpg
67KB, 1200x675px
The gremlin on the wing of the plane from the Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 feet". That episode scared the living shit out of me, for my entire childhood I made sure the blinds were closed and and angled so that if the creature were right outside my window, he'd not be able to look at me.
>>
File: ai.jpg (10KB, 210x189px) Image search: [Google]
ai.jpg
10KB, 210x189px
>>19459559
>THERES A THING ON THE WING
>>
>>19456464
When I was a kid I was afraid to go outside at night. Because I was terrified large winged things would swoop in and grab me. Taking me high in the sky to never be seen again, or simply dropping me and letting me splatter on the ground
>>
. . . I had recurring nightmares that a tiny indisputable plastic skeleton was trying to kill me, and you couldn't hide from it. It tore through things like they were made of wet tissue paper. I would cry when I saw toy skeletons when I was out an about as a kid
>>
File: 1401332314940.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1401332314940.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>I used to fear first many creatures that used to haunt me when I was a kid
>the first one was a wolf-like anthropomorphous creature
>I feared dogs all my childhood so i thought it was normal
>ever night I had the same nightmare
>how I was alone in my home
>the creature ran and tried to attack me
>sometimes even saw it when I was awake
>the years passed and saw many creatures trying to hurt me
>after my 8th birthday I started getting wet dreams
>for 4 years I had dreams where I overpowered those monsters and started fucking them
>when I reached 12 I couldn't stop masturbating
>my dick looked like the moon surface
>could not taking it anymore
>saw myself at the edge of turning into a furry
>started living like a franciscan monk
>ate nothing but bread and water for years
>when I was 15 heard voices
>inhuman voices and felt things hitting me and throwing me around
>Since I was 18 started seeing this tall, sickly pale, humanoid creature
>it was bald, and it's face was the same as a greyhound, but the rest of it's skull was human
>started seeing more of these creatures with similar features
>pale chimeras, more human than those when I was young
>when I was 19 I remember seeing the last of the first creatures
>some humanoid dark gray thing with ragged robes that appeared on the upper corners of the house
>on a dream fucked it to thest an hypotesys
>I'm 22 right now
>started seeing a little demonic girl every time I watch at the mirror
>Now I fear these things might related to me in some way
>>
>>19459951
better get fuckin'
>>
>>19459951
>literally an astral nigger
At least pay welfare you piece of shit
>>
File: 1391529438250.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1391529438250.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>19456464
I grew up in a combloc republic so what I feared were actual existing bandits. The local ones at least waited for you to leave the house, gypsies straight up broke in no matter what. Still happens in remote villages.
>>
>>19456464
I was afraid of an insectlike monster when I was like 3 years old according to my mum
>>
File: 20080530_012652_Alien.jpg (43KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
20080530_012652_Alien.jpg
43KB, 600x400px
>>19456734
Oh my God. Aliens watching me through my window scared the shit out of me and it's probably because that Stan Romanek guy had that video of an alien peeking through his window which, at the time, was all over the news because he lives in my state, so everyone I knew was freaking out about the damn thing. Looking at it now, I realize it was kinda shit and it's funny because Stan is gonna be put behind bars lol
>>
>>19456464
For me it was this woman who I've had countless bad dreams about, she was literally all black except for her eyes. And in real life I believed she was this stain on my wall who would just plop out at night but before I was asleep she would just watch. So to fool her I used to fake that I died in bed, so I would be just laying on my back, and suddenly twitch hard as fuck for like 5 seconds and stop breathing for a few seconds or so. just part of the stupid shit I did as a kid
>>
File: IMG_2343.jpg (42KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2343.jpg
42KB, 375x500px
>>19456464
When I was about 5 an older neighbour girl told me there was a dead body in an abandoned flat adjoined to the ones we lived in, I always had a mental image of the dead body being a kind of headless mannequin like the picture but with arms and legs that would come and get me.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
these 2 motherfuckers. this is from some norwegian tv show named U-HU (norway here senpai) these 2 motherfuckers scared me because they walked trough walls and shit, sleeping standing up and eating chocolate powder (das nasty)
>>
>>19457109
>huge black tribal men
did you get blacked.com?
>>
I legit thought that michael jackson was hiding under my bed when I was a kid. A super creepy non human michael jackson tho.
>>
>>19456464
lol fuck no
>>
My dad was my boogeyman. He used to beat the shit out of me.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.