[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White Monster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 16

File: badlands 1.jpg (186KB, 908x525px) Image search: [Google]
badlands 1.jpg
186KB, 908x525px
Alright /x/. I don't really trust therapists, and my dad won't talk to me about it. I would've gone on ignoring this, too, if I hadn't started having the nightmares again. I need to get this off my chest, and maybe find some closure.
I'm not going to greentext everything, but a lot of it will be. I'm pre-typing this in notepad, and just trying to stay cohesive.

I live in the high desert of Oregon; I won't go into any more specifics, for obvious reasons. There's three characters to this story; me, my dad, and a friend from soccer, Nick.
I'll include some pics as they become relevant of similar places in the Badlands, from Google.
I don't have any original pictures of this as back then my phone was a piece of shit just for texting and calls and I wasn't into photography, so I never got a camera.

>be me
>15, fall of 2012
>live in a fairly rural part of town, like to be outside, and as I'm homeschooled, dad tries to get me into extracurricular sports
>I make it onto a soccer team that's not really an official team, but it's something to do and I don't get fat, dad is happy, etc
>make a friend, great forward, his name is Nick (I'm not changing his name because Nick is a fucking common name and I'm bad at making new ones, there's somewhere around 80 "Nick" people in that town anyways.)
>towards the cooler season, we three decide to go camping, dad's happy because it's a "guy's trip", and that I have a friend
>nick is happy because he doesnt go that often, I'm happy because I love the desert
>take my family's two dogs (german shepherds) and stuff for a two day trip
>dad has three guns, two .22 pistols and a .22 rifle, the pistols are for emergency home/car defense, the rifle is for small game sometimes, they're not big guns but we've never really needed them
>head out to the Badlands

cont.
>>
>>19456235

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Pacific Northwest, or Oregon. It IS mostly rainy, wet, green, mossy, lush, you name it. However, smack in the lower half of Oregon, there's the Badlands Wilderness. The badlands is fucking intense. Hot as hell in the day, cold as balls at night, and it never really changes by season, just gets colder or hotter. I won't get into the dangerous desert electrical storms.
It's full of brush, rock, and thousands of acres of endless sand and short scrub trees, and deadwood. It's like a graveyard, most times, because of all the bones and shit out there. I love it still, even after this, but it's a really, really harsh place to the unprepared. We have hikers die out there yearly just from weather.
A decent amount of it is hiking trails, owned land, etc. But the vast, VAST majority of it is undeveloped wasteland.
We camp in the wasteland.

>drive to a trailhead, walk in a few miles, and then weave off
>dad and I have walked our dogs out here numerous times, we know where we are and where we're going, and there's more landmarks in the way of stones and shit
>dogs are off lead, just doing dog things
>nick, dad and I all talking, generally just being dudes, etc
>make it a good five or six miles off the trail before dark, it's a bit dusky, beautiful sunset, all that shit
>set up in between some rocks, I would have pictures but this was years and years ago, they've been since lost and my phone was dogshit at that time anyways
>no fire because law abiding citizens, got some cookstoves and shit tho, pop it up outside the tent, roast some hot dogs and BS like that over the tiny ass flame
>it's absurd but fun and we're all enjoying it
>dogs get a bit weird as the evening goes on

These are not couch-potato-ass dogs. One of them was a schutzhund competitor(read: trained guard/sport dog), the other was an adopted adult that was generally just a good boy.

cont.
>>
>>19456238

>commence enjoyment anyways, dogs eventually settle down, but on alert, period low growls; we figure they're just new to this particular area, or maybe there's a scavenger animal
>the night passes without any issue, get up next morning, eat some shitty camp breakfast that we all love because 'muh outdoors'
>dad takes a nap, keeps the .22 pistols but gives Nick and I the .22 rifle, I'm responsible enough to handle it and Nick's not a total retard
>maybe we plink some rabbits or some shit, we think, but really we're just taking potshots at dead trees and rock formations like retards, squeezing off shots and playing around with the scope
>neither of us are a bad shot, and we're just out exploring and being 15 and 16 year olds, basically
>we have compasses and packs and like I said neither of us are full potato

I'll cut the greentext for a bit more of a description for this place. It's about a mile north of the broken rock formation where we were camped, across some flat nothingness. It's a small grove-esque clusterfuck of rock chunks and dead trees, maybe a living juniper or two. Not big, not thick, more spread out than lush. Enough cluster to be shady and notably a bit of an oasis from the waste.

>Nick and I have no fucking idea what's in there if anything
>could be some coyotes, man, hardcore as hell
>we rambo our asses up there, crouching like it's Skyrim, slowly creeping in
>I've got the rifle drawn and a round chambered
>it's the desert, though, and we're still being loud enough that no small game would stick around for us anyways
>it's quiet, andthere's no animals in sight
>as we get into the copse/rock-and-tree cluster, it darkens up a bit and gives a really neat aesthetic to the whole deal
>we stop creeping like retards and stand up, and check out the whole area, probably a solid four or five hundred square feet of loosely-collected rock spires/chunks, logs, dead trees, and a couple living trees

cont.
>>
File: AtLeastPepeIsHere.jpg (21KB, 540x516px) Image search: [Google]
AtLeastPepeIsHere.jpg
21KB, 540x516px
>>19456235
tfw 2012 is now
>Back then
>>
>>19456245

>some of the logs and branches fell against a bent tree and some stone like a little natural hut/thicket/whatever
>there's a bunch of bones and collected detritus inside, nothing artificial, but there's some stiff, long-dead-and-dried animal hide scraps, the sand is dark, just general appearances of being a den of sorts
>Nick's interested and I'm not too fazed as this isn't my first time outdoors nor in the Badlands, you get piles of animal bones pretty often if you're looking several miles out, coyotes just gnaw the fuck out anything dead and leave them in piles
>den smells like a fucking garbage heap mixed with sulfur, absolutely atrocious, we btfo from that noise after the smell hits us
>continue to inspect the "grove" and from now on in the story I'm calling it the Grove
>there's a climbable tree, technically most of them are but this one's the most sturdy looking

The problem with Badlands trees is that they're incredibly fragile and breakable, given that even when they're alive, they're very dry. Finding one that my ass can get up without snapping is difficult, as my height and weight are not compatible for these types of things.

>prop myself up about twelve feet or so, take a look with the scope, pretty cool
>drop down, Nick's back to looking at the "den"
>"we should come back later and see if its owner is home"
>technically even if this owner was home, it wouldn't have been legal to kill it unless this was monty python's death rabbit, as we didn't have any tags or licenses for coyote or otherwise
>still think it'd be cool to snag a look at something in its home, Nick's never seen this and though I've seen (and shot) many coyotes, I've never seen one "at home"
>we agree to do so, but with the dogs just in case, coyotes are cowards but this might be a group hideout and we don't want to get nipped before we gun them down for self-defense if necessary

cont.
>>
File: badlands 2.jpg (109KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
badlands 2.jpg
109KB, 660x440px
>>19456250

>continue fucking around the rest of the day, go back to find that dad has walked the dogs and come back, small cookstove fire going
>the minute we walk into the camp though, the dogs get very, very upset with us
>they sniff us gingerly, and then back away, growling, doing that leaning head tilt like they don't understand
>don't let us near them for a while, they always keep a few feet away and then return to being alert
>we tell dad what we found about a mile up and he tells us about his walk, he agrees to come with us and bring the dogs, if only because he wants to see it too
>evening again, not quite dusk, I'm watching a rabbit fuck around in the distance with the scope, before I get bored and look around in the distance with it
>it's absolutely beautiful, the dark stone and brown sand contrasting with the bleached-gray trees, the purple sunset, the white thing
>nigga what
>swing the scope back to the white thing, which was previously perched, to my knowledge, on one of the stones in the distance
>it's gone now, but I would've bet money on it

Pausing greentext again for this preliminary description. I didn't really see it too well the first time, on the rock, but it was crouched, either quadrupedal and standing or bipedal and sitting with its arms and hands on the ground. It wasn't especially big at first, but that may have been the distance. Bleached white like a bone, not really much detail at the range I was in.

>continue observing for the white thing, maybe it's a pale coyote or something else, but don't catch a glimpse of it
>based on where I saw it, it was maybe directly or slightly off kilter to our west
>ask dad if coyotes can be albino
>basically get a response of "yes you fucking retard aren't you in school"
>shrug, call it an albino coyote and forget about it
>fast forward through some idiot shenanigans and conversation to true dark
>laying in tent, dogs inside with us

cont. (also pic related, it's close to the Grove, just add more trees
>>
>>19456257

>suddenly the younger one goes berserk, a few seconds before the other one joins in
>making jerks between sides of the tent, which is relatively large to service three men and two dogs, just pacing around it, growling, barking, hackles up, they look like monsters
>I've never seen these dogs quite like this, it's full on defensive/offensive posture
>genuinely thought they were going to attack US for a few seconds, before I got awake enough
>smell of garbage and sulfur is back, though faint
>dad wakes up, Nick and I can smell it but he doesn't seem to be bothered, and we don't mention it and neither does he, he might've smelled it but who knows, I don't think he did at that point
>steps outside the tent, dogs run out in front of him the very millisecond the door unzips, and begin pacing the length of the tent and our little camp area
>dad puts their leashes on and says "well we may as well go now, didn't get as much of a nap as I wanted but it's about midnight"
>fucking dad and his fucking naps
>the dogs are still on Defend and Destroy: Red Alert 9000 or some shit, looking around erratically, constantly pulling against the leashes
>finally my dad snaps at them to heel and shut up and they do so, albeit still grunting and growling
>we all piss into the desert sands like men, and one of the dogs loosens his lizard too
>grab the headlamps and two flashlights and we're off, dad carrying a .22 pistol, Nick holding the other one (Nick moment: Holy shit! This is so cool! - Nick's parents never gave him guns, in hindsight it was probably autistic to give him one but he's not a retarded guy and it's a fucking .22)
>I, of course, proudly bear the .22 rifle
>we head north, it's a pretty simple walk back to the Grove, dogs are still not pleased by this venture

cont.
>>
File: IMG_20150619_111253.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150619_111253.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
>>19456260

Breaking greentext to talk about my dogs a bit more, and my dad, myself, and Nick, physically. Max was slightly smaller of the two, and a few years older. He wasn't as quick on the draw, ever, but was still a very sturdy and reliable animal. He made you feel safe, but was generally more highstrung. Beaver was the larger and younger of the two, laid back, but was trained from puppyhood to be a god among animals. I'm about 5'9, was back then, too, and Nick was around 6'. We were both fit from soccer. Dad's about 5'11 and didn't age the best, but was still muscular. Everyone gets a potbelly.

>Max seems the most irritated, constantly breaking focus to bark once or twice before hushing on his own, and Beaver is a silent asshole, minding the leash but on tenterhooks of aggravation
>we get to the Grove and the garbage/burn smell is about three times as bad as when we were there the first time
>the dogs straight up refuse to go in
>like, they actually refuse, they dig their heels in and Max begins growling and staring, before lurching back and forth as if unsure if he wants to bumrush the Grove or stay put
>dad sighs and looks around, we can't leave them on their own because it's the desert in the middle of the night, but dad doesn't want us out here alone
>"oh, we can run in on our own and check, you're only a few hundred feet away anyways"
>"okay son, don't be long, I'm gonna sit down and look for constellations"
>not sure if worst dad or best dad, but he's my dad, so it counts for something
>those few hundred feet become very long when you're behind gnarled wood and rock formations, in a shadowy black world, and you turn around and all you see is a lone light from a headlamp
>Nick and I, however, emboldened by our guns and teenage idiocy, pressed on through and towards the smell

cont. (pic related, Beaver)
>>
>>19456268

>this time we really did make an effort to be quiet, almost crawling in the dark, our lights all off except one flashlight, which he held having only a one-handed gun
>behind the beginnings of the Grove, however, that teenage strength began to fail me just a little
>the putrid smell, the eerie darkness, and the lack of dad made me somewhat unnerved
>by our low light we estimated we were maybe twenty feet away from the area of the den
>we were correct
>however, we had to creep around to the front, having approached it from the back

Breaking greentext here. As we cleared the backside of the den and were in the front, we heard a crack from nearby, as a very odd white creature fucking sprinted, almost too fast to notice in the low light, about ten feet in front of us and into the den.
If it wasn't for it being so white, the light might not have even caught it, and we might've played the crack off as an owl or other bird and been unaware that the den became occupied in front of our eyes. We did, however, both notice, and I kindly thank my dad for always preparing us with flashlights and other gear on journeys.
The thing was rather tall, and not especially broad as it was long, but then, at first, we only caught the sideview in low light. We froze, and here comes the part that haunted me for two years, almost every night, before it passed, and what has recently resurfaced. It all happened very quickly from here, and I'll try to not exaggerate details.

Nick and I continued to get close, but this time, both of us had a round chambered and were pointing the guns at the den. We made our way until we were about five or six feet away from the entrance, and then flipped on our headlights. I don't know why we did that, I think it was our intent to startle it and be able to see it and then run.

cont.
>>
>>19456271

It was very startled, and let out a very disgusting, screeching growl-bark. Like a short "boof" that most canines do, but very ugly sounding. It was also higher pitched, and sounded like there was spit and snot behind it. It was very apparent to us at that moment that this wasn't a coyote.
We bounced back a few feet, and the creature didn't emerge. We could still see it, but it was moving around inside the den in a bit of a frenzy. It made the scream-growls a few more times, and Nick and I unanimously began to yell to each other to "fucking run, dude."
That was probably the biggest mistake of the night, but thankfully, neither of us suffered for it. What we -should- have done was open-fire the minute we realized it wasn't a coyote. The second we turned and ran, I could hear sand and bone rattling and being tossed as it ran out after us. Nick squeezed off a few random shots, I think out of fear, and I managed to get up into a tree, about five or six feet in the air. Nick was right behind me, but instead chose a rock formation, about ten feet away. He played forward, after all, so his sprints were harder than mine, and I think he just wanted to run at that moment.
The white creature pursued Nick, backing off whenever he turned, and then leaping along after he looked away. It was a dangerous game that only took a few seconds to play, but it unfolded in slow motion for me. Nick popped off the rest of the .22 clip, and then the white creature began to scale the rock.
I wasted only a second more before leveling the rifle and firing blindly. I could've hit Nick. I'm glad I didn't. I did, however, scare the white thing, or at least attract it. It left Nick and then bark-screamed at me, leaping off the rock.

cont.
>>
>>19456275

I began shimmying up the tree, and in the darkness, I cracked my head against a branch sticking out directly over me. The mongrel began to -climb- the tree below me. In a daze, my vision blurring a bit, I popped another two or three shots. The clip of the rifle only has six rounds, and I kept that in mind. I figured I only had two left, as I wasn't counting very well, and didn't want to be overconfident. Nick's yelling at something, maybe the white creature, but then I hear a different pitch of scream.
Nick just fucking threw the gun at the white creature, and hit it. Not hard, but those metal bastards weigh a couple pounds, and later on I realized why it hurt.

Again, this whole sequence took maybe thirty seconds, but it felt so much longer. Then, as the thing is looking to climb again, I see it go flying off of the tree trunk.
Beaver, Max, and dad came to the gunshots and yelling, my dad several seconds behind. Beaver has just ripped the mongrel off of the tree by slamming into it and grabbing it. I'm unsure how many of you are "dog people", but german shepherds have very boxy, broad chests and shoulders. If they leap at you and their teeth miss, they'll still knock you flying a few feet if they intend to.
In this moment, time seems to totally slow down. Even in the nightmares, this particular sequence plays out very, very slowly. Nick and dad are yelling, Max and Beaver are snarling and yelping, and my conked-head-vision is starting to clear. The headlamp clearly illuminates this thing as it tries to deal with the dogs.
It stands up. It's not quadrupedal, it's bipedal, and for two or three seconds, I got a very clear image that's burned forever into my head.
It's tall, maybe seven feet, and skinny as hell. I mean SCRAWNY. Long forearms, long hind legs, all of it built like a dog. Somehow, even though it's so thin, I can't make out bones, but maybe it's the flashlighting and the white fur that's obscuring it.

cont.
>>
>>19456278

It's blisteringly white, stained now with red, either my dogs or its own blood. The neck is rather long, and it has a very long, pointed muzzle and face. No discernible ears or facial features. There's a gangly little tail, and its eyes and nose appear to be black, but I could be wrong on the eyes in the circumstance. It had teeth, but I couldn't tell you what kind. The forearm 'paws', 'hands', whatever, had fairly long digits and there were short claws on the end. I less saw them and more heard them make contact with the dogs.

Overall, the thing most resembled a whippet or a greyhound in how skinny and long it was, and the face. It was built like a canine, as well, but it definitely stumbled around on two legs to get the advantage on the dogs, for many, many seconds. It wasn't just rearing, it was balanced like that, and its back and chest were "appropriate" for it. It looked natural to see it on two legs, basically.

Again, I'm unsure if you're familiar with german shepherds, but when they bite, they bite hard. They're the third or fourth hardest biting dog in the world, pound for pound, if I remember correctly. When they bite down, they don't let go.
Beaver, at least, had some great purchase on this thing's arm and I heard a loud crack and the most horrific bark-scream released. Max was just snapping and ripping into whatever he could grab, I think.

Dad didn't shoot; I don't think he wanted to hit the dogs, and I didn't either, so I didn't waste my shot. The dogs did good work, and I don't think this monster even wanted to fight, but we walked up on its house in the middle of assfuck nowhere. I hear a more normal yelp and Max's head gets drizzled in blood. The ugly thing flails and Beaver drops a few feet to the ground, as it had been swinging the dog a bit.
It screamed again and then sprinted on its hind legs, and I lost sight of it after it left the Grove. This is where the nightmares ended, at least.

cont.
>>
>>19456285

Max's ear had a hole in it, towards the middle, and had likely been bitten. It bled a lot but was minor, and he's had far worse. Beaver was unscathed. Thankfully, overall, none of us were really hurt.
Blood was all over the clearing, and in both dog's mouths. I crept down from the tree, and Nick got off the rock spire. I landed ON the .22 handgun, where it had been thrown and knocked into the mongrel. Picked it up, shoved it in my pocket, and ran to my dad, too scared to cry. Nick was shellshocked, as well. The dogs gave pursuit but my dad called them back.

None of us said anything, really. We walked back to the campsite. I don't remember ever putting the rifle down, and dad still had a fully-loaded gun. The dogs were still aggravated, but seemed quieter, as if they believed the fight was over.
We all stayed awake, sitting outside of the tent, my dad and I clutching guns, Nick just staring. Come dawn, we packed up and marched out, still not talking about it. When we got back into town, my dad looked at us in the backseat and said it was some kind of diseased coyote, and to not worry about it.
We nodded, not really knowing anything else to say. None of us believed it. It was a short encounter, relatively, but we were all scared out of our minds, because that tall-ass white faggot wasn't a damn coyote.
Nick and I neglected to really keep in touch once soccer season ended, and by then I had gotten a job, so I didn't sign up again.
I tried to bring it up to dad once but he just shook his head and told me to stop thinking about it. We've never talked about it since.

I've been out to the Badlands a few times since then, because I still love it, and my dad has too, having once been a part of Search and Rescue a few years ago. We've never seen anything, and though we don't mention it, we make a point to never go anywhere within ten miles of the Grove.

cont.
>>
>>19456290

I would really have loved to not ever think about this again, and for a few years, I haven't. I'm twenty, now, and the last two-ish years, it's mostly faded from memory. But in the past week, the nightmares are resurfacing, likely because of stress from other things in my life, and I need to talk this out somewhere, so I put it here.
So that concludes my story, /x/. If anyone has had a similar experience with that white hellspawn, or has questions, I'll probably be awake another hour or so. /x/ moves slow, and I'll be back in the thread tomorrow.
Beaver's older, but is still healthy, and Max's ear healed fine. He's past elderly now, and missing most of his teeth, but both dogs made it out okay, for those concerned.

Finished.
>>
File: 586-3-1321646570.jpg (447KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
586-3-1321646570.jpg
447KB, 1680x1050px
>>19456293
What you found was just a mod for skyrim.
>>
>>19456317
No, it definitely wasn't a werewolf or anything similar. I've looked at all the descriptions. I put years into this thing and I have no idea, still, what it was. The only things it resembles aren't canine at all, really.
>>
spooky story OP. it's always good to see fresh spoops on /x/. a bump from me
>>
OP here, gonna go to bed. I'll check thread tomorrow to reply if there is anything to reply to.
>>
The begging dragged on, how posts in until something spoopy someone
>>
See if you can find the Grove on Google maps
>>
Dude thanks for the story, it reminds me of something that happened to me in the north argentinian desert.. but im too tired to even keep my eyes open.. a bump from me and good luck with your dreams.. ill see if tomorrow ill make a post about my (not so) spoopy story.
>>
Hey OP, could you maybe grab a few pictures to help us imagine this thing?
I'd love to sketch it up, it sounds fascinating!
>>
Yeah arlight. Bump.
If you do go back, take a bigger caliber op.
22 is good but you need more stopping power.
>>
>>19456235
Does it ruin the story if I just come from /pol/ and read "White Monster" only to instantly utter "Niggers"?
>>
I think I'll draw this, if thread isn't dead in the morning (or whenever I'm back). A good story OP, thank you for the spoop.
>>
File: 1501295385334.png (146KB, 341x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501295385334.png
146KB, 341x360px
did it look like this?
If it did it was a wendigo. Matches the description.
Not sure how many there are but one was killed recently.
>>
>>19456557
The Pacific northwest is beautiful, even in the wastelands. Thanks for sharing story.

>and later on I realized why it hurt
Was there going to be a followup to this, or was it just the idea that getting a hard lump of metal thrown at you hurts?
>>
>>19456250
Are coyotes so brave that they don't run away just from the gun noise?
>>
I too live in the Pacific northwest, but I saw something similar in a training site in Fort Leonardwood, Missouri.
>>
Gotta bump this thread from time to time.
>>
>>19456235
do you think you can draw it op?
>>
>>19457241
This.

Also, I'm curious to see if there's any local Native American folklore about creatures like this. Might do a google search.
>>
Anybody going to screencap this, or...
>>
Im currently hunting in easternish Oregon reading this from camp, I want to know where this grove is.
>>
>>19456644
double dubs is right
>>19457145
do you want to post the story?
>>
>>19457043
spooky pic. got more? where's it from?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170818-200200.jpg (873KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170818-200200.jpg
873KB, 1440x2560px
Maybe this?
>>
>>19456235
Swamp gas
>>
>>19456337
What's it resemble then?
>>
Bumpy
>>
>>19456878
No, it only makes you an unfunny, cringe-worthy faggot.
>>
>>19456235
>here's somewhere around 80 "Nick" people in that town anyways.)
but I think only one of them played soccer in this team.... ;-) /x/ will be at your house at around 30-45 mins! Serve some booze and weed tho!
>>
sounds like maybe a wendigo, although the wechuge is native to the pacific northwest while wendigo are normally reported around the great lakes area. the native legends are relatively the same, I can't find as much info about wechuge online tho
>>
>>19456644
Dubs speaks true, I'll see if I can orient it a bit.

>>19456662
No problem. Desert creatures are something I'm very interested in, obviously, so if you decide to post, come on back.

>>19456714
I'll see if I can sketch it a bit, or I'll include a pic of the dog breed that it seemed to be most easily drawn from in my mind.

>>19456836
There are very few forces on this earth that would inspire me to go back to that specific place in the Badlands.

>>19456878
I don't really have an answer for it.

>>19457000
Please do, your trips mean it might be a good picture.

>>19457043
No, it didn't have a human face at all. By long face, I meant long as in a very extended snout and muzzle. Like a grayhound, or maybe a horse, for some perspective.

>>19457085
The followup was supposed to be that the thing looked really lean, so probably getting hit with a chunk of metal hurt. My bad, it was late when I typed it up.

>>19457128
Yes and no. Some coyotes are uber cowards, but in numbers, if it's a fight they think they might win or we look weak, that can harass you for a bit. Not really dangerous, just annoying.

>>19457145
Please share.

>>19457241
I'll try. I'm a shit-tier artist.

>>19457245
The closest things were skinwalkers and wendigos, but neither of those seemed desert oriented, and skinwalkers especially had a different 'smell' associated, and were more based on deer. I want to emphasize how much this awful thing smelled like the ass-end of a raccoon. Literally garbage.

>>19457274
Again, will try to orient it.

>>19457295
Possibly. I'll have to look at the trail we came in on.

>>19457377
Mentioned this a few (You)s above, but the closest things are those gaunt Native beasts, but this one was definitely canine.

>>19458541
RIP.

Thanks for the bumps while I got some rest, I'll get to work on drawing it, if I can.
>>
>>19456337
what wonders me...why diddnt your dad come to look when you guys SHOT A WHOLE ROUND OF RIFLES?!
>>
>>19458641
i mean you mentioned him coming late in the action, after nick had fired his whole rounds already. why did it take him so long?
>>
File: greyhound.jpg (44KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
greyhound.jpg
44KB, 400x358px
>>19457295
That seems about right. I know it was in range of a clusterfuck like that, but after looking on the maps and the satellite view, it's difficult to pinpoint it more exactly than that. It's probably fairly accurate.

I'd have to get out there to be more exact, and bear in mind it's been a long time since I've been out near the Grove.

>>19458641
He did, like I said, the sequence of events was very short. He came.

Pic also related, sort of. It's the dog breed this thing most resembled. That type of really skinny build and long neck and head. No ears, though, still. May have had them, but I didn't see any.

Going to ACTUALLY get to work on the sketch now.
>>
File: 20170818_123319.jpg (1018KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_123319.jpg
1018KB, 2560x1440px
>>19458689
Someone can work with this, right? Anyone? Polish the basic idea, make it more...uh...not shit.
>>
>>19458728
OP needs to go get some shit done, I'll be back later this evening in case thread isn't dead.

To that guy who's hunting out near the Badlands, if you find it, take it down, but be safe.
>>
File: 20170818_130915.jpg (206KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_130915.jpg
206KB, 1224x1632px
>>19458689
>>19458728
>>19457000
Trips here, with the drawing I promised. Can you give me more details on it? Which of the hands is right, a better pose, too canine or too human? Skinny enough? I'll do a better sketch in a better pose, but I'll need more info (and to be out of class) to do that.
>>
>>19457645
#triggered
>>
>>19456235
tl:dr
Too much detail explaining shit that has no relevance.
>>
>>19458962
t. lazy plebeian

OP's descriptions are beautiful and help getting immersed in the story.
>>
>>19458903
FUCK, man. I got shivers looking at it. That's really close.

The correct hand would be about a mix of the two; shorter digits than the right, longer than the left. Not quite like fingers, but longer than normal animal toes. It's a bit too human, needs to be more on the canine side. The head looks nearly exact, but the body is too human.
>>
>>19459015
Also, after the eclipse is over, I'm going to take Beaver and a gun to get out to the Badlands. Definitely not going to the Grove, but I want to see if I can get you guys some more exact locations.

Max is too old to go out on a hike like that, though.

I'm at work at present, so replies will be spotty, but I thought I'd check the thread again.
>>
http://www.native-languages.org/paiute-legends.htm

IDK how helpful this would be, and OP probably looked this way already, but that territory used to be where the Paiute indians lived, so maybe they have something similar to what OP is describing in their folklore.
>>
File: unnamed.png (11KB, 161x160px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
11KB, 161x160px
>>19458903
>>
bump on this thread
>>
fucking gold, OP good story
>>
File: 20170818_161337-1.jpg (3MB, 1469x3090px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_161337-1.jpg
3MB, 1469x3090px
>>19459015
Is this closer? I tried to fix the orientation while still keeping it reasonably able to be bipedal. Is there anything else you can tell about it?
On mobile, hope it doesn't stupid up the picture.
>>
What bugs me about this is the dogs....I have three field dogs or gun dogs ..two hounds and an English pointer...very expensive and very well trained...but..if they lock on to something they really lock on...this "thing" just ran off?? And the dogs didn't chase ?? As well trained as my dogs are they would not stop until the animal or vermin is motionless...and I've seen raccoons blind a dog and wild boar kill my father's dog...this "white thing" only left one dog slightly wounded and was 6foot ?...seriously, you your soccer friend and your father are a bunch of pussies...props to the dogs for being more manly then all of you...or this is fake as fuck...prove it all by going back to the grove and filming your expedition...most importantly the cave of said white beasty
>>
A chipacabra it was you say?
>>
>>19459629
The behavior and capability of hunting dogs vary tremendously. A lab, a coonhound, and a brazilian mastiff are all great for hunting but react incredibly differently. Not all dogs lock on and chase by nature, and some won't even after dedicated training. This is a herding breed, when used as a guard or police dog one of the hardest tasks is getting them to chase any distance from the trainer.

As for coming away wounded that is normal too. A majority of encounters with coyotes end this way.
>>
>>19459566
That's about perfectly on it. That's so damn uncomfortable to look at.

>>19459629
These are german shepherds. They're herd dogs and amateur guard dogs. One was trained for guarding and shepherd sports, but they're not official guard dogs, they're family dogs.

Not every mongrel mutation is strong, either. The white creature was very scrawny. I'm not sure what souped up diseases you're used to, but to me, logic dictates that thing wouldn't really be able to do too much unless it was allowed. The dogs also came out of nowhere.

No, I'm not going back to the Grove. Sorry.

And yes, I'm totally comfortable with being a pussy.

>>19459671
A what? I've never heard of those. Google, brb.

>>19459706
This guy's pretty accurate about dogs. Shepherds aren't even hunting dogs, either.
>>
>>19459671
Okay, googled it, I'm not sure if it's related. Aren't these things supposedly South American?

Also, it wasn't like a lizard and it didn't have any spines or leathery, scaly skin that I could see, and it didn't hop around like a kangaroo, either. The chucapabra is also too short, from the description I found.

Am I off on that, though? What made you think it was that?
>>
>>19459765
The original one, the goatsucker, yes. but there reports through the years of 'chipacabras' that really were coyotes with severe mange.
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (78KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
78KB, 643x820px
>>19456235
>>
>>19459828
Interesting. I'm not opposed to the idea of the white monster being a severely diseased and ogre-ish coyote, but that seems unlikely.

I'd never heard of the chupacabra before now, surprised it never came up when I was looking. That's good to know nonetheless.
>>
>>19459850
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chupacabra-sightings-texas-real-creatures-experts-article-1.1602316
>>
>>19459706
Two coonhounds(treeing walkers) and an English pointer.. shepards are violent attack dogs and lock on..they are know to break bones when locking on...good for bird dogs but not a retriever...you would have to pull them off if they were a"family dog" they are very protective as service dogs (military&disability) guard dogs...give up the GPS or something let someone with the balls go check this out...seriously, grow a pair be a man and go conquer your fear..get it on film..post to YouTube...get YouTube famous..laugh at all the 4chan haters and doubters ...it would be my goal in life to find this beast ...grey wold with super mange or albino black bear dehydration,disease..both animals can be 6 foot in length or more..grab a friend grab some guns..not .22s! Buckshot..or better..a camera or phone with flash...go fucking get it!...and post here
>>
>>19459865
Grey wolf...not grey wold ... chupacabra.."goat sucking bat monkey" nope
>>
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/233535-does-anyone-know-what-hell.html
>>
>>19459859
>http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/chupacabra-sightings-texas-real-creatures-experts-article-1.1602316

Good read, fucking disgusting animal to look at. White beast might've been something like that. Would explain the smell, too, the burning garbage being a disease.

>>19459865
After an inordinately long time to try and read that, I can confidently say: No thanks. Not really my goal in life to ever see that thing again. Grow a pair? Dude, do you fucking know what website we're on?

One thing that I did not consider though was what you said: A wolf with mange. We don't have wolves in the southern half of Oregon, though, and there's still very few populating the state.

I'm not sure if one would survive that long to get down here, especially sick, but it's as good of an explanation as any.
>>
>>19459629
I used to have a dog for hunting and he never tried to harm a prey, he would only push them until they couldn't move, mount them and try to rape their asshole, he would then lick the blood after we killed the animal, he was a magestic creature.
>>
>>19459884
>http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/233535-does-anyone-know-what-hell.html

Urgh. Whiter, a bit ganglier, and ear-less, and that's pretty damn close. Fucking urgh on these wretched half-breeds. I'm starting to go with a manged up half-breed or mongrel that went psycho.
>>
Spoopy
>>
File: 20170818_214722.png (676KB, 945x718px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_214722.png
676KB, 945x718px
>>19459902
I'm drunk....thank you for responding..thank you even more for pondering the grey wolf mange theory...lost in the desert..den.. territorial..I hunt with dogs..just have never seen a dog back down..ever
>>
>>19460066
Get sober pupper.
>>
File: 20170818_230100.png (602KB, 936x638px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_230100.png
602KB, 936x638px
>>19460067
One of these days a 4chan need is going to capture something on film or a fish net....i'll be the #1 fan ..until then I'll keep reading greentext bullshit...well written and enjoyed...but the dogs ,man!!...the goddamn dogs!! Take a picture of your dogs ear..show us the scar from said beasty..my dogs would have mangled or died
>>
File: 20170818_192437.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_192437.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>19460122
Here you go.

That line is where it cut through.

I'm headed to bed for the night, thank you all for continuing to help. I'm tempted to just call it a very diseased, large wolf.
>>
>>19459911
Maybe it's a skinwalker ? Cause I don't know a lot of wolves able to walk

Aniway have you seen a psy to help you to forget that thing

Sorry for my english I dunno if it's correct I'm tired
>>
>>19460228
I think it may have been a starving/diseased dogman based on your description. We have them here in the east US and midwest, so northwest isn't much of a stretch.
>>
>>19460611
meant to reply to OP, my bad.
>>
tl;dr

Condense your fucking fanfic, jeez.
>>
>>19456235
> white
Racists!
>>
>>19456257
This is about the time I realized this story is pretty stupid
>The White thing
>Nigga what
Do u really expect me to take your story seriously at all when u write it like a family guy episode
>>
>>19457085
I think he's referring to the dogs biting or attacking it soon after/simultaneously
>>
>>19461613
this site is full of racist, lets go back to /r/eddit :)
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.