[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: character2.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
character2.png
2MB, 1280x800px
Does anyone else have similar beliefs about God as me? I realize none of us can know God's nature and ways for sure until we die and meet him. But I have my beliefs.

I believe he is the most powerful being in the universe. All powerful. I don't believe in eternal torture or an eternal Hell. I believe he is about love, kindness, taking care of others. I believe he punishes us for sin, but not eternally. And that those punishments are a chance to change our ways. I believe he forgives us and redeems us. I don't know why there is pain in this life, but I trust it's for a good reason God designed.

I don't believe he ever wanted homosexuals stoned, ever supported slavery or things like that.

I believe in angels and good spirits as well as demons. It seems possible God created many things, as some went astray.

I believe he enjoys when we pray and communicate with him. I am not sure if he is purely male or both male and female as he created both masculinity and femininity. I believe God wants us to grow as people and has put challenges in each of our lives we're meant to overcome.

Above all I think God is about love. I don't think he is so petty as to create people then torture them forever. However, i can see him punishing some people for a very long time. I used to believe in eternal torture but I don't think it's true any more. My belief in Hell partly stemmed from a fear of going there if i didnt submit to it being God's way. I can't see a God of love doing the worst thing possible to someone. And I believe I was assaulting his character by saying he does that to people

I think God has helped me big time in this life, and that he's changed me from being an aggressive angry person to a more clam forgiving man. My life started to change when I opened my mind to the possibility of God being real, and to letting love into my life. I still have a long way to go, but I believe he'll fix me up on his time.
>>
>>19454499
He thinks ur a fagget and told me to tell you to far yourself. Also neutralism is only philosophy
>>
>>19454499

I agree completely OP. You mirror my thoughts. Good post.
>>
>I believe he is the most powerful being in the universe
that auric knight larper that posted ages ago told us about how he killed god.
my co-workers helped him out. I stayed "officially neutral."
anyway there weren't enough kings for that prick to call himself king of kings anymore so he started calling himself the king of ages. rest in piss.
>I believe in angels and good spirits as well as demons. It seems possible God created many things, as some went astray.
yeah everything went astray. ha!

"god" just wanted little slaves to torture. Read the book of job nigger. Hey satan I got a JOB for you, go torture him.
Keep praying anyway
SOMETHING has to be listening. who knows?????
>>
Hell does exist, God created originally it for Satan and the rest of the fallen angels. Jesus laied down his life for mankind so those who accept him as lord can be saved from Hell.
>>
>>19454742
Did you go through a period where you believed in Hell as well?
>>
god is god
Q.E.D
>>
>>19454499
God is everything and everywhere.
The only real number and has any significant value is 1
There are no sinners or righteous people.
No such thing as good or evil.
No such thing as heaven or hell.
There is only god.
>>
>>19454499
>until we die
I've always thought "Wait until you're dead" was a shitty way to communicate with anyone.
>>
>>19454899
Sure, whatever makes you feel good about your life choices and existence must be true, anon.
>>
>>19454942
Well gee dont just shit on it.
Gimme your version then.
>>
>>19454499
> he's changed me from being an aggressive angry person to a more clam forgiving man.

Totally calm clam. God is great.
>>
>>19454499
Your sentiments are extremely similar to mine. However, I'm still grappling with the question of whether Hell exists or not. Not because I want or need it to exist, but because I was raised for the majority of my life to believe it does and it's hard to let go of ideas like that.
>>
>>19454899
>1
I would say 0, as only 0 is inclusive of everything while 1 is not.
>>
>>19454968
Only evil people who want to see others suffer need the idea of hell.
>>
>>19454989
Same thing
>>
>>19454499
>God is about love

no
>>
>>19455062
What do you think God is about?
>>
>>19454499
Your character is a faggot. BKS with the Lothric set? I'm not going to complain about the caestus but come on. Either go black knight, Lothric knight or mix up your armour set. It just looks weird cosplaying with the wrong sword.
>>
>>19454899
Yep
>>
>>19454968
What would you say to the idea that hell is an extremely low vibrational plane that beings filled with hatred and rage both intentionally and unintentionally put themselves? Like if you die a bitter, angry person you wind up there not because of eternal damnation, but because of a vibrational pull?
>>
>>19454499
Sounds like your picking and choosing from a religion buffet.

If you want to learn about God you should read the bible. To expect God to be exactly what you want is as silly as expecting any person to be exactly what you want.

God is his own being and is not just how you want him to be.

The beginning of wisdom is the fear of god.

I can tell you though that hell and heaven are real.
>>
>>19454499
I feel you brother. Your beliefs really line up with what I have understood on my path much love and many blessings.
>>
>>19454499
God, is most likely not as human as your thinking. The Bible was put together by a committee.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
>>
I'm glad you have faith. But blind acceptance of doctrine is why the AIDS rate is so high in third world Catholic countries.
>>
File: plebians.png (26KB, 270x242px) Image search: [Google]
plebians.png
26KB, 270x242px
>>19455143
Why don't you fags exodus to a christian hug box site so you can go be scared of your god with others who actually give a shit about your sub-par belief system? We don't need you here and you people add nothing to our discussions.
>>
>>19455238
This. It's depressing to see people so deluded by their faith that they actually think Christian doctrine isn't already well-known across the world.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.