[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North American Witch Cults

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: the_witch_nude.jpg (41KB, 620x326px) Image search: [Google]
the_witch_nude.jpg
41KB, 620x326px
I've been very curious on the subject of witches in North America particularly the Colonial States. I've heard countless stories going back hundreds of years about underground witch cults in the colonies, witch burning, and children disapearing presumably kidnapped and sacrifed in satanic rituals. All these tales of which date back to as far as the 17th century.
But now I want to sepetate truth from fiction.
How accurate are the legends, was it all just paranoia. Or did witches secretly come along with the colonists, or perhaps were here even before the puritan Christian colonists.
Please, lets discuss everything we know regarding the history of witches, occult, wicca, devil worship, Native American Paganism, satanic cults, etc, all regarding their history in North America.
>>
Wiccan girlfriends are the shit.
>>
>>19454975
They're all edgy, fat cigarette bitches that listen to Evanescence and take advantage of a man's bank account.
>>
>>19454987
Some of them are anorexic and really dig fad diets, like fruitarianism. The malnutrition helps them maintain a consistent level of depression.
>>
File: 1496771904532.jpg (473KB, 1920x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1496771904532.jpg
473KB, 1920x1125px
girls always love pretty jewelry and sometimes pretty jewelry happens to contain spirits or supernatural energy.
anyway, modern witches hang around crystal stores
what do they sell at crystal stores?? go figure.
>>
>>19454142
I have Patrick Gainer's book "Witches, Ghosts, and Signs: Folklore of the Southern Appalachians" which has quite a few old folk stories about witches.
Here's one of my favorites about witches.
The Raccoon Witch
>Although it is possible for a witch to transform herself into any kind of animal she choose, it is very unusual to hear of one changing to a raccoon. In this story there seems to be no reason for Martha Pringle to become a raccoon except to plague hunters. The reason for her doing this is not given in this story, which was told to me by Elmer Legg of Clay County, who had heard it from an elderly woman.

>Moll Lynch was talk to my sister and me one evening when we had called on her, because her husband was poorly and we wanted to ask if there was anything they wanted.

>"I hear Lige Fisher's hounds a-howlin' again tonight." she said. "And mind what I'm tellin' you, we'll hear some bad news. It's a bad omen to hear a dog howling like that at night. It reminds me of that black, windy night when I heard a strange hound a-howlin' on that ridge yonder. It was just about midnight. And the next morning, just as dawn was a-breakin', here came Anderson Pringle to get me to come to see his wife, Martha, who had taken sick during the night."

>"Afterwards, I heard what had happened. That night George Heater took his dogs and went a-huntin'. The dogs treed a big coon. George shot at it, and he shot at it, but he couldn't kill the coon, and George is a good shot, too. So he got out a silver bullet he was a-carryin' in his pocket, put it in his gun and shot once more. This time the coon screamed like a woman, leaped from the tree, and ran like a hant. The dogs chased it a piece, but gave up and returned. And from that time on, Martha Pringle always had an injured side and never saw a well day."

*cue banjo*
But in all seriousness, I have family that live in Appalachian Kentucky, and I've hear tidbits about witches, but nothing really interesting.
>>
>>19454142

I've been curious myself. It I've been more fascinated with the Bell Witch. Apparently her cave isn't so far from me. I want to check it out. Maybe I'll start a thread in a few weeks once they start doing tours of it and the cabin that she cursed.
>>
>>19454142

Salem Massachusetts had the witch trial hystaria in the 1600s, but it was all drugs/ illness/ sexual promiscuity sluttiness sociopathy like most witchcraft hystaria

Maybe this topic deserves its own thread but since this already has people interested ill shoot

what about the origins of the sterotypes of witches? the clothes and features? where did they originate, and why were people who were considered witches fall into those sterotypes?

bohemian lifestyle is what I think
>>
This most likely won't help, but an online friend of mine is a descendant of Candy (or one of the other slaves during the Trials, I'm not sure) from the Salem Witch Trials. She currently lives in Boston.
>>
>>19455399

Grew up in mass and of course had the school trip to Salem

Honestly witches in New England is only a small part of the New England spook culture, but it is allowed to exist in the same universe as other spooks
>>
>>19455413
I always found the Trials to be interesting, and I would like to visit Salem someday. I live in NYC myself, so I could probably do it once I go to college.
>>
I live close to Sleepy Hollow, NY (Where the Headless Horseman legend came from) and apparently there are legends of witches being there (there's a twist to the legend where the girl Mr. Crane was in love with was a witch and she set him up for the Headless Horseman). But that could have originated after the town became known for spooks due to the Headless Horseman.
>>
>>19454142
Bump
>>
>>19454142
The stuff you are looking for is out there, but you won't find it online. If you're just talking the usual "meet at the tea shop once a month, looking like Cersei Nightshade, going skyclad with muh bitches", you can find all that on social media. The real witches will shun this. It's all very word of mouth, one on one stuff and it's way more intense than what most people can handle. Don't limit your search to "colonial states". Focus on oldest cities in America. (New Orleans was founded in 1718)
>>
>>19455377
>it was all drugs/ illness/ sexual promiscuity sluttiness sociopathy

Wrong.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.