[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/'s Opinion on karma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: karmic-horacio-cardozo.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
karmic-horacio-cardozo.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
I've seen a good deal of stuff on /x/ in pertenance to the concept of karma, but I've never seen anyone's full opinion on it's existence and/or workings. If it is real, then I would like to utilize it as much as possible.
>>
The parents are the kasma, as with Santa Claus...
There are not good or bad things, all that is up to your culture, so... as much as I can think there would be 2 options:
> 1 No karma at all
>2 Karma depends on what you do think is bad or not.
If you believe that torturing ants is good, then you would rewarded...
>>
>>19454258
I see, so it's basically a form of the whole "self affirmation" thing then?
>>
>>19454418
That I guess, sorry if my English is quite bad...
>>
File: karma.png (61KB, 320x196px) Image search: [Google]
karma.png
61KB, 320x196px
"Utilize it"?
>>
You know that "karma is a bitch" saying? It's an understatement.
>>
>>19455099
I suppose what I meant was, is there anything I may want to take into consideration when performing an action of "positive" or "negative" affinity other than just that, they're affinities.
>>
>>19454074

Karma is just spiritual momentum. It's not a system of merits and demerits that some deity or cosmic force uses to route you to wherever, it's just a natural description of how different actions have different consequences in the longest of long runs. Eastern religions are highly determinate so the notion of Karma as a punishment/reward system is entirely incoherent.
>>
>>19456579
Do the right thing, you know right from wrong. Take lessons out of life to avoid making the same mistakes. Atone for yours sins against people. I guess I'm trying to say stop adding karma to yourself
>>
>>19456579

In other words, I'm just asking /x/ how I should best consider the condition of karma. And with the most optimal outcome, being able to benefit from it to such a point one might say I am "utilizing" it.
>>
>>19454074
Every interaction between humans can be a medium for karmic connection, be it good or bad. Say you borrow money from someone, the money becomes the connection that sows karma beteen the two of you and every interaction from then on can deepen or destabilise the connection, but not remove it. By repaying your debt, you reap karma and complete the cycle. It goes with pretty much everything you do in your life, hense the 'do good and good shall come your way' thing, it's just one of the infinite possible variations of the karmic cycle.
>>
>>19456586
Well that's not really the traditional image of karma at all then I guess... More so just the idea that all actions will consequentially lead to more actions and effects.
>>
>>19456597
Karma is meant to be transcended. There exists good karma and bad karma, but all karma is ultimately undesirable. Even if you have the best karma imaginable, trying to enjoy the fruits of your karma is ultimately temporary, unsatisfying, and only further entangles you in the cycle of birth and death. The fruits of karma are essentially the apple of Christianity the brought man down to Earth. The best way to behave then is to renounce the fruits of your karma and become unattached to the result of your actions.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.