[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: hp lovecraft.jpg (200KB, 1280x990px) Image search: [Google]
hp lovecraft.jpg
200KB, 1280x990px
Ok I've read a few of this guys stories now, red pill me on him.
>>
>>19451480
He an ok writer. Colour out if Space his best. Was afraid of
>Ocean
>Space
>Clouds
>Sex
Also not the first "lovecraftian" author as The King in Yellow predates his work.
>>
>>19451480
Semi-decent writer whose style can be a bit dull or grating to some but had some of the most brilliant ideas that have greatly influenced the horror genre. Also he was racist and hilariously named a cat Nigger Man in the story "The Rats in the Walls".
>>
Everything is true
>>
Super racist, but because he was LITERALLY xenophobic. As in "actually afraid of non white people". He was also so frugal he died because he ate expired food.
>>
>>19451497
He actually had a cat named Nigger Man, growing up.
>>
>>19451480
He draws out all his endings way to much. You'll know how it ends long before his WOOOO SPOOKY REVEAL! But I still love his work.
>>
Lovecraft also had consist dream worlds - places he'd visit in multiple dreams that he could (and did) describe in detail in his journals, letters, and writing.
>>
>>19451585
Yeah and He used the name Niggerman for a cat in the rats in the walls story. And, like every other word was Niggerman. He really loved to mention the cat's name of Niggerman... Niggerman..
>>
>>19451480
He was a sad and lonely writer who didn't get along with people very well. He wrote a bunch of stories for fantasy magazines. A few were published into books.

/end.
>>
>>19451494
Also afraid of women and Jews, which is ironic because his wife was both.
>>
>>19451480
He was paid by the word, and it shows.
>>
pretty racist, even for the day, but decent if a bit verbose.
magazine author who was tormented by visions as a child despite maintaining a staunch nihilist atheist stance his whole life.
wrote a ton about boston because he hated living in new york and always wanted to go back to boston but his wife's work kept him in the big apple.
>>
>>19451480
According to his wife, he became a sex god just by reading a few books on the subject.
>>
>>19451497
the rats in the walls is my favorite desu
>>
File: potpourri.jpg (148KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
potpourri.jpg
148KB, 900x900px
Not much to redpill. He was isolationist, kept to himself, had a small group of friends, loved his mother more than anything, and had his own ideas about space and time. He made friends with other individuals who shared his common misanthropy and thrived in this setting, although in the long run he died miserable and alone, perhaps self-inflicted, his work largely unknown until posthumously. Glean more from his writings, of authentic dark beauty and splendor. A man's outward action only displays a half of his true nature.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.