[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So can I go blind looking at the solar eclipse or is that nonsense?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_0305.jpg (44KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0305.jpg
44KB, 615x409px
So can I go blind looking at the solar eclipse or is that nonsense?
>>
That's what ((((they)))) want you to believe so you don't see the truth about solar eclipses
>>
>>19449424
You turn into a fairy.
>>
I don't see why. You can glance at the sun and not suffer damage. You just can't stare. I'm sure we can glance at the eclipse and see it, but again, just not stare.
>>
>>19449428
any proof anyone looked into solar eclipse and not getting blind?!
>>
>>19449424
if you look directly at the Sun you'll see Nibiru (aka His Nibs) and no one needs to see that.
>>
File: 1444155324567.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1444155324567.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>19449499
I've wondered if this is the case.
I understand not staring, but you can't even glance at it?
>>
>>19449424
I've seen an eclipse before. Glasses are nice for the beginning, but once the shadow covers the sun enough, there is no need for the glasses.
>>
>>19449565
??
>>
>>19449424
Sun Gazing is actually good for you but they don't want you to know.
>>
>>19449565
You literally burned your eyes retard, congratz
>>
>>19449499
Protip: if you look normally your pupils are contracted and, thus let in less light. Despite less light entering it's still painful and leaves after images. During a solar eclipse your pupils are dilated to maximise light entering in the darkened environment. If you then look at a strong light source while your pupils are dilated it's not fun times.
>>
>>19449565
>>19450063
this is only true if you're in the 100% totality zone, and only or a few minutes. it if isn't 100% covered by the moon it will hurt your eyes to look at
>>
File: 1501229783849.png (763KB, 1126x844px) Image search: [Google]
1501229783849.png
763KB, 1126x844px
>>19449540
>>
>>19449424
>can i look at the sun without glasses and not go blind
op....
>>
i don't get it, why if i look at normal sun for a few seconds it does nothing but when i look at it for a few seconds when it is covered by moon and has less light will make me blind
>>
>>19449565
july 11th, 1991 total eclipse survivor here. Can confirm. I looked at it for a few seconds directly whiile at its total phase. Its dangerous to do it after or before that phase though
>>
>>19449424
Yep. You'll also go blind if you fap too much
>>
What if the eclipse is at 90% totality? Looking at just 1/10th of the sun is probably okay for a few seconds...r-right?
>>
>>19453837
What if you fap while looking at the eclipse?
>>
>>19453914
it doubles the risk I suppose...
>>
>>19453986
But what if it's the most powerful fap you could possibly ever have? A once in a lifetime orgasm?
>>
>>19453998
then cover one eye just in case
>>
>>19453911
I think so. I'm pretty sure we've seen directly the sun for a few moments, for example, at the car while driving. I't be like watching headlights at night while driving.
>>
>>19454012
good advice
>>
File: solar-eclipse-2012-queensland.jpg (123KB, 620x366px) Image search: [Google]
solar-eclipse-2012-queensland.jpg
123KB, 620x366px
>>19449424
I saw a total solar eclipse in North Queensland in 2012. I wore the glasses right up till the point of totality. Then took them off, everyone did. The sight of it is beyond comprehension. It doesn't hurt your eyes. There's nearly no sunlight coming in, temp drops by several degrees instantly, the sky is filled with dim stars like dusk. You behold the corona in all it's filamentary glory.
>>
File: 1.jpg (12KB, 648x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
12KB, 648x480px
>>19449424
yes. i just stared at the sun for like 5 seconds like a idiot through vintage steampunk welder's goggles and this doesn't even work. what i experienced was an after effect of clusters of red dots which were the sun in my vision for a good 5 minutes or so (much like pic related). Now every time I blink the color hue changes slightly from pink to teal. hopefully this shit goes away because it's annoying as fuck. basically, your eye is like a glass ball. your pupil is like a magnifying glass for UV rays that burn the back of your eye like a magnifying glass does to an ant. This in turn can permanently damage your retina and you very well may live the rest of your life with retarded eyesight.
>>
You can look at the sun any time of the day and not suffer damage, although I recommend you only do it while it's rising or setting.

I stare at the sun for 10-20 minutes every morning and have no lasting problems with my vision. I meditate during and to the after image.
>>
>>19454364
It's safer to watch it at night tho
>>
Would I be okay if I looked at it on the digital screen on my camera? Or do I still need a filter
>>
>>19453832
I saw it too. Looked at it with no eye protection and i did see ayy lmaos around. That's what ((they)) don't want you to see
>>
>>19453780
We should meet to BBQ some tiny ribs on your eyes while you look at a flaming star in the sky.
>>
>>19454879
no you need to either put a filter on the screen of your camera or wear glasses (preferably both) as you will go blind if not. the radiation from the sun is in fact enhanced when filmed or photographed as the pixels are forced to mutate in order to display such an abnormal concentration of light which, in turn, can over-stimulate your retina and cause you to develop cancer and aids in the worst of cases. be safe my friend.
>>
>>19455044
>AIDS
And I almost believed you up to this point wow
>>
>>19449424
no, for best views, use a high powered telescope and really focus it on to your retenas
>>
>>19454352
scientifically this.
>>
what's special about the type of glasses you need to wear?
>>
>>19455252
They have to have the same tint as welder's glasses.
>>
I live in north Florida. When should I cover my eyes when I go outside. I'm off and planned activities for the eclipse.
>>
>>19455252
They have the same tint as welder's glasses.
>>
>>19449499

>>19450234
Pretty much. The danger of a solar eclipse comes from your eyes being dilated, letting more light in, and then being "surprised" by the sun's light when it peeks out again. It's the same reason that you have to wear those dark glasses after an eye appointment. Except in this case you're staring directly at it.
>>
it's a nasa conspiracy. the glasses are just propaganda tools handed out to keep you from seeing the real event. If you look directly at the sun during the eclipse you can see jesus riding on a cloud
>>
web williams edu/Astronomy/IAU_eclipses/look_eclipse.html
Dont believe the disinfo agents
>>
>>19456302
To further clarify, during a partial eclipse it is more dangerous also due to a slight gravitational lensing of the light which leads to intensification of the light that does go past the moon. By light I mean UV light which is what causes the damage and not visible spectrum light.
>>
>>19456284
Spread the truth.
>>
>>19449424

ok the fact that you're asking this question proves your 12
>>
>>19454119
>>19454352
Take these posts advice

Wear the special glasses and/or some alternative (I've heard welders mask or goggles work really good)
If you are going to take off your eye rotection, make sure that the sun is ABSOLUTELY COVERED. You can and will fuck up your vision if you look at the sun when it's covered partially, so use common sense
>>
You can get glasses for it but make sure you research them. Also, you're not supposed to stare at it because the sun's flames produce extremely harmful light rays that even 2 seconds of looking at can cause permanent damage to your retinas
>>
>>19449424
Yes, so dont do it.
>>
It's the sun.
It'll fry yo retinas.
The thing about retinas; their rudimentary pain receptors only work on certain frequencies of EM.
By the time you notice it hurts, it's too late, yer fucked.
>>
>>19449428
>>19456284
these are the answers I'm looking for but with more of an explanation/theory I can get behind

>>19456330
Is it that obvious?
>>
>>19454364
You're also a retarded namefag so no one here should take your post seriously.
>>
>>19449424
You can stare at the sun for short periods and not get any damage. The eclipse from the time it begins to the time it ends lasts just under an hour. At the point of totality, you can look at it without eye protection and not get hurt. Constantly staring at the sun non-stop puts you at risk for photokeratitis, which is a sunburn on your cornea from the UV rays. It's similar to weldors getting flashburn when they don't wear the proper eye protection or when they look directly at the arc when welding.
>>
File: 1482993318828.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482993318828.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>19456284
>jesus riding on a cloud
>>
The overall darkness on the landscape tells your pupils to open for night vision. If you then look at the eclipse, your retina gets more light than it can handle and essentially gets sunburned. Mostly it hurts and is annoying, but it can cause permanent damage.
>>
I'm really excited for all the news stories about you faggots going blind en masse from staring at the fucking sun.
>>
>>19460186
newton did, but he recovered
>>
>can you really go blind?
Possible?
Yes. Very yes.
Likely?
Also yes
But just general damage to your eyes in 100%
Don't be a retard even if you think it's paranormal or some schizo bullshit
I'm pretty sure god is fine with sunglasses
>>
>>19449424
It's absolute nonsense. You can stare at it as long as you like.
>>
>>19449424
Why would our eyes evolve to be damaged by the very thing that gives us life?
>>
>>19455210
This. Using a telescope eliminates the danger of UV rays, the dangerous aspect of sunlight. Since you're only seeing a reflected image of the sun through your telescope, no damage can occur. I have a mirror in my window so that when I awaken in the morning I can view the reflected image of the sun as a source of inspiration.
>>
>>19460312

um... you are retarded
>>
>>19455549
So basically if I stare at a flashlight (incandescent obviously) and then look at the eclipse, it should be no problem.
>>
>>19449424

>people look at the sun every day protected only by squints

>but if you block out most of the sun, it's now going to blind you.

humans are such easy prey
>>
>>19455210
>>19460332

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCW2i7h2xB4
>>
>>19460445
>humans are such easy prey
Goyim are such easy prey
>>
it's a conspiracy to get you to buy their cheap glasses.

imagine if millions of people paid $1 for them.

rich!
>>
>>19460445
Have you ever been in a dark room for a long time, then suddenly came into blinding white light?

That shit hurts.
In fact, it hurts so much you'll have to squint until your eyes adjust.

Now,

Imagine this SAME EXACT SITUATION happening, except your brain doesn't tell you your eyes are hurting. This means you'll stupidly keep looking wide eyed thinking nothing is wrong, when in reality, your eyes are being fucking fried.

This is why the eclipse is dangerous.
>>
>>19449424

>does looking at sunlight damage your eyes

Anon, you should know the answer to that.

The sunlight isn't completely blocked out.
>>
File: 1490830599150.jpg (6KB, 250x215px) Image search: [Google]
1490830599150.jpg
6KB, 250x215px
>>19454868
>It's safer to watch it at night tho
>at night tho
>night tho
>>
>>19449534
>>19449565
I looked straight at the last total solar eclipse that was visible from the western continental US, but only for a second or two. My vision isn't great, but it's not terrible either.

>>19454119
Maybe it's because of this. I'm pretty sure it was during the total eclipse phase.
>>
File: Aten.jpg (72KB, 282x353px) Image search: [Google]
Aten.jpg
72KB, 282x353px
sungazing is an ancient practice that actually improves your eye sight. This isnt a 3d movie and if u put plastic in between your eyes and the creator you are official lost.
>>
>>19449424
It's fake. You can stare directly at the sun without protection, and it will actually shine healthy vitamins into your eyes.
>>
>>19460756

It's funny, because it sounds like you're joking. But... I remember staring at the sun for a couple of minutes when I was like 9 or 10. Later on, my entire family needs glasses except me. I've got 20/15 vision, a step above 20/20. Makes me laugh...
>>
You truly are an idiot
>>
>>19460788
15 is a lesser number than 20
>>
>>19460798

It's which ever was better, 15/20 or 20/15. Point being, I have better vision than 20/20 and still gazed at the sun. That's all.
>>
>>19449424
Well, you can glance at the sun for a few seconds and probably be fine. A few minutes though and you are likely to gain some kind of sunburn on your retinas. Its not catastrophic, your eyes will water and your vision will crack a bit long before you have looked long enough to go blind. There's not some super spiritual power that would save your vision, this is simple physics too much radiation will damage some very sensitive cells.

If you do stare for a while, your eyes will hurt and you will get long after images of fractured colors. The sensitivity will fade a bit to try and save the signal pathways in your brain from blowing themselves out. It will permanently reduce your quality of vision. If you have good vision you may be able to spare it, but its really not worth it. I used to be able to see quite well, but now I need glasses if I want to drive. Beyond about 10ft my vision gets very slightly blurry.

Positive side effect, there is none physically. I had a partially open third eye, and reduced physical vision acuity has allowed my mind to more acutely focus on the spiritual realms. This is a sacrifice I made so that I would never forget my higher self enough to go completely asleep. Unfortunately, it has given my eyes shame and now I can no longer completely perceive the spiritual visions that appear to alter the physical environment. Only god could fully heal them, perhaps that is what I wanted all along. However, it seems that I don't get miracles to fix my mistakes, only love care and compassion seems to work towards healing my physical ailments.

Would not recommend more than about 15 seconds.
>>
>>19449424
I look at the sun all the time, I don't de anything wrong with it.
>>
>>19449565
Yes, but you won't know when the eclipse is at totality. It's not like it is gonna ring a bell and tell you to look up. If you catch it on either side of totality, sun will be visible and you can damage your retina permanently.

Sure you can get someone else to tell you when it's totally eclipsed or use an app, but honestly I would not risk my eyes by trusting anyone. Just buy the solar glasses if you wanna see it
>>
tha's cray mayne
>>
>>19461032
He is lying to you. The only time the eclipse is safe to watch without special glasses is doing totality. The rest of the time will blind you.
>>
>>19460380
Why did this gain no response?
>>
File: benis_meditation.gif (374KB, 1300x2400px) Image search: [Google]
benis_meditation.gif
374KB, 1300x2400px
>>19453832
I saw that eclipse when I was visiting Las Vegas. I looked directly at it for like 10 seconds (figured that would be safe). I was seeing spots for DAYS afterwards. In Las Vegas I think it was barely 50% covered (iirc), so maybe that made it (slightly) safer.

So 10 seconds @ 50% eclipse = 3+ days of seeing spots. I would hate to see what 30 seconds would do.

( Also see this >>19462329 )
>>
does anyone else think wearing some gay ass plastic 1989 3d glasses will ruin the spiritual mystic vibe of this thing or what?

>fast for 3 days
>meditate all night
>pop on muh bill nye specs with the other goofballs
>>
>>19449551
There are more than a few illustrations where people give no fucks dying. Why were people so nonchalant about getting killed back when?
>>
>>19449424
Yah, the sun will blind you. Idiot.
>>
>>19455111
The common sense didn't kick in until then? This is the world today... FUCK!
>>
>>19462469
wisdom nigga. and balls. if u don't know this, u ain't got neither yet.
>>
I was 10 years old and looked directly into the eclipse, nothing happend :)
>>
>>19449424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CulmziggpvA

"the GODSEYE is from a place where there is no shine."
>>
>>19460641
>10

the most disgusting and degenerate free to air channel to ever exist, with shows like gogglebox and the project. you expect me to even watch this trash?
>>
Propaganda to prevent humans from reaching their full potential.

I will be sun gazing for the duration of the eclipse (before and after the totality) in order to open my third eye.
>>
>>19449534
i stare at the sun daily or almost for like20 minustes.. of course i started doing 10 seconds day 1,20 day 2 but i dont recomend you to stare at the sun if you never trained ur eyes
>>
>>19460346

The autism is strong with you, faggot
>>
>>19464119

Lol training eyes. You mean slowly going blind.
>>
>>19449424
Please provide statistical data on the number of people who have become permanently blimd from looking at the sun during an eclipse? Srly, What did the human race do before sunglasses were invented? I want numbers...pls provide, thank you.
>>
>>19454364
>Stares at the sun for periods of time for no reason.

Are you retarded or a cat that is able to use the internet and a computer.
>>
Even if you don't go blind, Yellowstone will destroy the planet.
>>
>>19462561
I'd say it's more about conviction.
>you can kill me but you can't kill what I stand for
There's still many people like that around, just not in the average western population. Bet Kim Jong Un would give the same look should he be assasinated. Nothing to do with being smart.
>>
OP here.
Personally from all the research I've done so far, it seems we definitely shouldn't look at the sun.
I personally was hoping for some spoopy reasons why I should sun gaze, but it seems there really is none
>>
>>19449424

Ask sci you filthy nigger
>>
>>19449534
When i was in 1st grade I saw an eclipse, with my bare eyes, I stared at it for like 5 seconds then walked to the bathroom. If you stare for like 10 seconds its fine, but dont do it any longer than 10 seconds.
>>
>>19469248
I wouldn't follow this advice considering you turned out to be a retard.
>>
File: img_646.jpg (15KB, 400x251px) Image search: [Google]
img_646.jpg
15KB, 400x251px
>>19456284
false,
yall will see my nigga goku
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.