[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to become a shaman?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

File: image005.jpg (173KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image005.jpg
173KB, 400x300px
How to become a shaman?
>>
I guess that would depend on who your ancestors are. (I'm assuming you're using the broad definition of shamanism here)
No matter what tribe of men you descend from, they've all had these types of practices. They all have their own unique flair and all, but the underlying principles are basically the same.
The shaman/medicine man/etc is the guy who's seen "beyond". The initiatory procedures vary wildly by tribe, and presumably there's evolutionary reasons for that, so it'd probably be best to find the initiatory procedure used by your own people.
The function of that is the pretty much the same across tribes, though. To give the initiate that first glimpse beyond the veil. Not to say certain subsequent steps aren't challenging in their own right, but that first step, that's the big one.
>>
shamans are born not made
>>
>>19447302
You can't choose to be one. You are called. You'll get a call from the spirit world via a major catastrophe in your life that awakens your ability to perceive the spirit world. Then the whole shamanic way will be taught to you.
>>
>8th of shrooms
Will force open the way
>>
>>19447464
dosent give you the context to properly interpret it. This requires training, and only those with the touch train those with the touch. Still, I have met a handful of spontaneous shamans in my day , it can happen.
>>
>>19447450
>>19447454
>>19447476
But why would anon be asking if they didn't have the calling?
>>
>>19447450
/fit/ pls go.
>>
>>19447302
Eat the drugs. Eat ALL the drugs.
>>
>>19447505
You don't ask how if you got the call. The call comes with free lessons from your guides and shit. It's private tutoring. If you're not getting the lessons, you're not meant to be a shaman.
>>
You have to be initiated by a senior shaman
>>
>>19447685
Im getting the lessons but I thought I should learn from a shaman too. But it's difficult to find someone like that.
>>
>>19449080
how are you getting lessons?
>>
Hacer drogas
>>
just b urself xd
>>
>>19449898
Mosmi moshi
Shamanu desu
>>
File: dumai's wells.png (2MB, 1685x576px) Image search: [Google]
dumai's wells.png
2MB, 1685x576px
consult the spiders
earn the silver sword
>>
>>19447464
>8th of shrooms
nah, 5gs silent darkness
>>
>>19447302
Unfortunately you must create a new character as blizzard doesn't allow class changes you can however get a free level 100 boost when you buy legion or you can pay 60 dollars if you already have it. Anyways you just click shaman as your class when you're on the create character page and boom you're done *note not all races can be shaman
>>
>>19449898
In the spirit world I get lessons on how to heal myself, and I hope I will get good enough eventually to be able to heal other people. Can't talk about it too much or it will seem like I'm bragging and the spirits will distance themselves from me.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kīla_(Buddhism)
>>
>>19450099

the wheel weaves as the wheel wills
>>
>>19447302
Consume soma analog potion made by belladonna (or any solonacea) and fly agaric (muscsrin, muscimol).
Listen to what the experience tells you.
Its like being in hell and heaven at the same time with 50 billion thoughs zooming over your head every millisecond. It s the closest i ever got to "be a shaman".
>>
File: bears.jpg (163KB, 570x580px) Image search: [Google]
bears.jpg
163KB, 570x580px
Listen to nature.
>>
File: 1478354428605.jpg (120KB, 465x750px) Image search: [Google]
1478354428605.jpg
120KB, 465x750px
>>19447302
DONT
>>
>>19450444
and that's enough /x/ for the day!
>>
File: dakini.jpg (34KB, 272x400px) Image search: [Google]
dakini.jpg
34KB, 272x400px
>>19450444
Got to lollollol
>>
>>19447302
a shaman makers you
>>
>>19450439

How do I begin to listen to nature?

I spend a lot of time there but I'm not sure how to start. My medicine man lives states away so I can't ask him anything.
>>
>>19447302
These guys are all being retarded. Pick up the book "Way of the Shaman" by Michael Harner.
>>
>>19447464

Really? 3.5 grams. Get old man McKenna's level and take 5 grams dried in total silent darkness.
>>
you can't "learn." you get called into it. lookup shamanic sickness. you fall ill or something horrible happens to you and through that you are forced to seek the path
>>
>>19447302

why shaman ?
>>
>>19454776
I've always wanted to be one. I think I'm called to it.
>>
>>19453992
Sounds interesting, thanks, I'll look it up.
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (55KB, 489x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
55KB, 489x637px
Listen to or read the Art of Stalking Parallel Perception by Lujan Matus as well as his other books. But start with that one.
>>
>>19450182
you made me spit out my coffee you dick
>>
>>19447454
This is what actually happened to me 10 years ago and since then worked my Ego.

Now I read a lot about Spitiruality, Gnosticism, alchemy, Hoeller, McKenna, etc.

Knowing the rails angles you perceive where the trains crash

Seeing the wave forms in the water you perceive how the rock looked like
>>
>>19447302
hang out in a shithut in the middle of nowhere and take a bunch of hallucinogenic plants along with giving the other tribals hallucinogens too in order to make their drug addled brains believe everything thats predicted and believe u can speak to the earth
>>
File: seagull no seagulls sign.jpg (43KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
seagull no seagulls sign.jpg
43KB, 500x579px
>>19453002
The simplest path it's to identify your animal spirit and listen to him, but you can also search for the oldest tree around your area and see how he copes with nature himself.
>>
“The shaman is not merely a sick man, or a madman; he is a sick man who has healed himself.” Terence McKenna

Read mircea eliade books and use good drugs
>>
>>19447302
Be born thousands of years ago and do all the psychedelics.
>>
>>19450144
Hello, Terence.
>>
Be a Draenei, Dwarf, Pandaren, Goblin, Orc, Tauren or Troll
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.