[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential Dread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (2MB, 1358x777px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1358x777px
tfw
you are nothing but intricate electrical impulses and complex molecular structures
"Paranormality" is a human construct and all ideas and theories are such
you are soverign cattle
when you die you cease to exist as well as the world around you
Stay Humble.
>>
the thing is lad,everything you say is right till the "when you die" part,you cannot confirm what happens. (i am an atheist,or skeptic) but there cant be nothing mate
>>
>>19447626
There can be. Your mind naturally pushes away from the idea of "nothing" or not existing because your brain exists. It can't fathom something that it isn't and is directly opposite of its very nature. So the thought of absolute nothing scares you, me, and everyone at a fundamental level if we think about it enough. But there could be nothing after death for all we know
>>
The flaw in your reasoning is supposing that the brain is the seat of consciousness.
Let's suppose that the brain were the matter of consciousness. What happens if we start picking your brain apart and replacing it with new stem cell grown neurons. Nothing happens to you right?
And what happens if we start replacing parts of your brain with that of another's? Probably nothing(what would be the thresh hold for the transfer of awareness?) because the brain is not the seat of awareness, the mysterious soul is.
>>
Speak for yourself.

I am the Pinnacle of Evolution. Millions of years of trial and error that life has gone through to create the ultimate interpretation of itself.

A witness of myself, being, right now.
With the whole of existence, the cosmos, and probability backing me up.
Infinite variables, arranged in such a specific way to give rise to what I am in this exact instant.

Proof of intelligent design in all that is.

Join me, brothers. In celebration.
All is good.
>>
>>19447189
Your existential dread is pleb tier shit.
Here's some real existential dread:
In a universe with laws of physics and conservation of matter, there is a limit to patterns/combinations/possibilities. When considering that there is no real beginning or end, we can conclude that these incomprehensible but still finite patterns have endlessly repeated.
Your electrical impulses and complex molecular structures are merely one of these possibilities. They are essentially an idea. THEY CAN'T DIE. The matter used to express this idea can shift to something else, but eventually that matter will once again coalesce into "you". Even if it takes a quadrillion universal cycles, eventually the idea of you along with this entire world will certainly reemerge.
>>
File: 1465752993091.jpg (25KB, 541x569px) Image search: [Google]
1465752993091.jpg
25KB, 541x569px
>>19448087
But will that "me" be "me"?

Is that kinda like if you were put through a matter transporter, would the guy coming out the other end be a different person despite being exactly you
>>
File: received_1214796241959119.png (1MB, 1440x1012px) Image search: [Google]
received_1214796241959119.png
1MB, 1440x1012px
>>19448087
There are finite instances but infinite combinations, for sequential variation can be divided into days, years and collections of these divisions.
On an endless scale every instance is equal to none.

Anything in motion is concious, I believe that our species is approaching the mckenna coined term; transcendental object at the end of spacetime but it's unclear whether the soul will follow the time line as it appears to us.

Regardless of where we're headed in the short term, if I/You/We manage to return to the absolute, we will be thrown right back into confusion because God made us the self so our ego could die appreciating the other.

Without the self, the other is nothing.
Impermanence implies impact.
>>
>>19448100
You being conscious right now is proof that you can't stay dead.
Or do you think you spawned out of nothing? You've always existed in some form. We all have.
Have you ever experienced a brief moment where suddenly your entire self seemed like another person, as if the "real you" were someone else viewing from afar?
>>
>>19447189

tell me about this image? why did you choose it, where did you find it? what about it speaks to you?
>>
>>19447189
Boltzmann brain
Google it
>>
File: 1393991527074.jpg (177KB, 1291x965px) Image search: [Google]
1393991527074.jpg
177KB, 1291x965px
>>19447189
>stay humble

Kill yourself. Don't tell me what to do. According to you I have 1 life and you want me to stay humble....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not a chance faggot. Seriously KYS
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.