[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angel thread, looking for information on weird obscure angels.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ophanim.jpg (368KB, 1024x1023px) Image search: [Google]
ophanim.jpg
368KB, 1024x1023px
Angel thread, looking for information on weird obscure angels.
>>
>>19446767
Demons:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_theological_demons
And Angels:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_angels_in_theology

you're welcome anon.
>>
>>19446767
Ask away
>>
>>19447048
what's the difference between gabriel and michael?
They seem like twins to me.
>>
I'm still unsure about how much free will angels actually have. I mean I guess realistically nobody knows, but like, they're not "perfect" right? So they have a little bit? I mean Satan chose to do his own thing so that's pretty free will-y.
>>
>>19446767

who started the whole guardian angel meme
if real why does no one on this board give guides on how to meet them?
have there been incidents like with the ghost who got raped by a anon?
>>
>>19447280
Last time I told /x/ about my experience, I got called a faggot so I don't really see the point anymore. But yeah, good question.

If they are real, nobody would believe it.
If they aren't, oh well.
>>
>>19447280
Probably Abramelin started the "guardian angel" thing. There are guides everywhere on the web about this. Look up "knowledge and conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel." This operation is one of the most important in occultism, and it was the goal of esoteric orders such as the Golden Dawn.

If you mean summoning, check the Enochian stuff.
>>
>>19447077
they're brothers both archangels on the same side but they are not twins. Michael is Gabriel's older brother. And they have very different personalities.
>>
>>19447330
Op here
Tell story?
>>
>>19447270
If you look at Islamic beliefs, it's clearly stated that they have no real free will. The closest character to Satan was only allowed to tempt the world with God's permission.

The other belief systems are unclear on exactly the extent of an angel's will other then clearly expressing they are sentient. It's implied they don't have free will in the same sense as humanity.
>>
>>19447280
The idea of guardian angels are found in the Old Testament. I don't know about other belief systems, but it exists early on in the Bible. The angels were originally, more or less, messengers. There's several passages that allude to their capability in delivering prayer. There's several passages that related to their function in saving particular people from great danger. There's not too awfully much that associates a single angel with any particular person. The role of angels in answering prayer is a source of ire regarding women and the proper headdress in New Testament.

The idea of each soul being assigned a unique guardian angel is largely a newer invention. There's also the Grigori (The Watchers), but that has little to do with guardian angels. That's a story for a different day.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.