[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The best way to describe schizophrenia is picture related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

The best way to describe schizophrenia is picture related.
>>
File: 1351569564754.png (522KB, 1200x400px) Image search: [Google]
1351569564754.png
522KB, 1200x400px
try again
>>
>>19445622
Wut
>>
that doesn't look like schizophrenia at all. maybe I could see it if the left side is supposed to represent the negative symptoms (tiredness, lack of affect) and the right side is supposed to represent the positive symptoms (delusions, voices, disordered thought), but that's kind of a stretch.

also this is really pushing the boundaries of being /x/ related. I hate to be that faggot that pops in and says "DAT NOT PARANORMAN" but it's not. I understand that there are schizophrenia discussions on here at times because the symptoms are similar to some paranormal experiences. I suppose schizophrenia is creepy if you don't know much about it. but if you do, it's not really creepy, just sad.
>>
Pretty sure the /x/ catalog is a better representation
>>
>>19445680
Demon possession. Demons are paranormal.
>>
>>19445698
/thread
>>
File: correct.gif (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
correct.gif
2MB, 500x300px
>>19445698
this guy gets it.

>>19445707
then OP should make a thread about how he thinks schizophrenia = demons.
>>
>>19445604
Nothing creepy/demonic/evil about schizo.
Post when you go insane or you actually get to know someone who suffers from the condition.
>>
>>19445719
That's what the picture implies.

>>19445722
Voices are demons. Racing thoughts are demons. They deny their host peace and quietness.
>>
>>19445604
Yes because one image of some gook toon shit really describes an entire mental illness
>>
File: 1502493693201.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502493693201.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>19445604
Bullshit
>t. Schizoaffective
>>
>>19445604
Heath ledgers hotel room
>>
File: op.jpg (49KB, 959x482px) Image search: [Google]
op.jpg
49KB, 959x482px
>>19445604
esactly, buddy
>>
>>19445971
>>19445980
I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I know.
>>
there was a poster on here a few years back who detailed his schizophrenia and psychosis and senpai it's scary shit.

he was hearing his friends voices in his head telling him to do stuff. he knew they weren't real and was telling them "shut up, you're not real", and they were replying to him.. "we know we're not real".

dude ended up in a hospital. he kept hearing the nurses say things like.. "wait until he's asleep" and laughing at him when their backs were turned. the way he detailed it put shivers down your spine. i screencapped it but lost it. shit was legit spoopy. mental illness aint no joke.
>>
>>19446637
>he was hearing his friends voices in his head telling him to do stuff. he knew they weren't real and was telling them "shut up, you're not real", and they were replying to him.. "we know we're not real".
Oh boi... I remember this story... Which creeps me a lot because I feel a lot like that anon rn in that greentexted part.
>>
>>19445604
i like naruto, op
>>
>>19446659
it was unnerving. you could tell he wasn't bullshitting. probably the first time on /x/ I ever saw something truly frightening.

hope that guy's ok.
>>
SO DOES THIS BOARD JUST NOT HAVE MODS THEN???
>>
>>19446637
This is how you defeat it;
If the voices are real:
WHY WOULD THEY BE SO ADAMANT ABOUT MAKING ME BELIEVE THEY AREN'T REAL
If the voices are not real:
WHY ARE THEY TAKING ACTIONS TO PREVENT THEM FROM OCCURRING

It's a paradox. They are real; the others just want you to stay as you are without figuring out that there are things out there that are easier to silence than to understand fully.
>>
>>19446659
i just got over a huge internal argument with an imaginary version of my dad. These thoughts hit me at work once and I actually called my dad's cellphone at 2 am and told him to fucking stop.

He knew he was doing it. He laughed at me. He told me I shouldn't try to disrespect him. I still can't tell if he was fucking with me just because he knows I'm crazy.

It's my common practice now to sit down when this kind of stuff happens, make an imaginary room where me and the person yelling at me are sitting face to face, and then I imagine physically tearing them to shreds and just gouging out their eyes and tearing out their vocal chords. It's the only way I can make the voices stop, because whatever entity is too afraid to go through that experience again.

The only things that stop the voices are copious amounts of marijuana, and being distracted with food or a videogame. TV shows all remind me of the people that start this shit. I never want to hurt somebody in real life, both out of respect and fear of going to prison. I just want them to stop telling me I am worthless inside of my own thoughts.
>>
>>19448245
>some weed
>hear voices
>better smoke more 420 dawg
>>
>>19448252
I wish I could, I'm trying to get a job right now.

>>19446637
the nurses thing creeps me out, I used to have old men show up where I worked and just start fucking with me. Crank calls and bullshit and I would end up just sitting in the backroom waiting for it to end. Since then I can't even go into Mcdonalds because someone from work shows up and tries to force me to talk to them, and they ask everything from where I work to where I live now, what hours do I sleep, what did I have for breakfast the other day. I'm pretty sure they all went to school together, I'm the new guy in town so they're all trying to freak me out.

That thing with the nurses, though. One of the mc'ds managers was whispering STRESS TEST? STRESS TEST? to another cooworker and they both were looking right at me. I got brave enough to look back and they both just started laughing. Typical shit I used to go through in highschool, Adult Bullies. It's really fucked up. They make you go nuts like this.
>>
>>19448252
btw the voices came before the weed did. I used to drink a lot to make them go away. Weed doesn't hurt my insides and make me feel like shit when I wake up, so I started using it more.

No bump double post
>>
>>19445622
Fuck you
>>
>>19445604
This is more like Bipolar Disorder
>Leave it to a non Schizo to lable Schizophrenic's
>>
File: SAC.jpg (26KB, 498x390px) Image search: [Google]
SAC.jpg
26KB, 498x390px
Pic 100% Shizo related
>>
File: HannibalBuressEatingHotPocket.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HannibalBuressEatingHotPocket.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>19445604
Sure kid. Sure.
>>
Schizophrenia has nothing to do with dissociative identity disorder (i.e. split/multiple personalities), you muppets.
>>
>>19447915
Nope.avi
>>
>>19445604
No, Naruto is shit btw.

fight me
>>
>>19447915
We do but they're newer than my freshly bought socks
>>
>>19445622
I will never not be mad
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.