[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Coincidence"? I think not!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Archie_Hicox_and_his_card_name.jpg (731KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Archie_Hicox_and_his_card_name.jpg
731KB, 1920x800px
Greetings,

Every now and then, about every week or so on average, I encounter some strange coincidance. I will provide some recent examples:

> I was watching a clip of a scene from Inglourious Basterds on YT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dpLBM4rBPM). After I finished watching the video, I went on 4chan, and as the first thing saw an image of Lieutenant Archibald "Archie" Hicox (a guy in the scene, pic related) posted by some anon.

> Have a conversation with my friend about this fag movie "Suicide Room". Come home, and witness my mom watching it on the TV.

> Sign up for a new, little-known email service. Next day, hear a YouTuber I subscribe to promoting it (he doesn't make videos on this subject at all, so it's a clear outlier).

Call me stupid for reading into this too much, but I'm slowly beginning to suspect that there's something behind these "coincidences" - something supernatural. They happen much too frequently. I've begun documenting them in the hopes of drawing out some patterns.

Does anyone else here experience such "coincidences"? If so, what do you think of them?
>>
Selective perception. Confirmation bias.

Baader-Meinhof is the phenomenon where one stumbles upon some obscure piece of information—often an unfamiliar word or name—and soon afterwards encounters the same subject again, often repeatedly.

The reason for this is our brains’ prejudice towards patterns. Our brains are fantastic pattern recognition engines, a characteristic which is highly useful for learning, but it does cause the brain to lend excessive importance to unremarkable events. Considering how many words, names, and ideas a person is exposed to in any given day, it is unsurprising that we sometimes encounter the same information again within a short time. When that occasional intersection occurs, the brain promotes the information because the two instances make up the beginnings of a sequence. What we fail to notice is the hundreds or thousands of pieces of information which aren’t repeated, because they do not conform to an interesting pattern. This tendency to ignore the “uninteresting” data is an example of selective attention.

/thread
>>
I get this shit all the time too, like twice a week or so. I'll be looking at a completely random subject or see it on TV or something, then I'll see it somewhere else the same day.

Like about a month or so ago I watched a recommended youtube video on the Kamchatka peninsula, I thought nothing of it and the next day my dad brought up Kamchatka out of the blue, really freaky
>>
I think it is the higher spiritual self (not bound by space, time, or conventional thoughst) communicating to you that life is more than you think, and that you can set your own fate, a divine fate in essence. These ways of opening up to cosmic realizatoins can take many forms and shapes, most of them seemingly supernatural to us. The nature we do understand (physics, biology, daily life) is in fact one and the same as the supernatural realm that we consider fictitious or phantom-like. It is because our world that we live in is an imprint of a higher order taking effect, and our minds, as well as our actions, have an significance to that higher order. I believe our bodies serve our higher self, one that can be difficult to live up to, though, not impossible and with enough confidence can become natural. That's also the way to success as I experience it.
>>
Not coincidence. See: "synchronicity". See: "Jung" <yes, again>
>>
>>19445291
this
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.