[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reiki vs Therapy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 184.png (77KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
184.png
77KB, 184x184px
I was working a job, hearing a voice screaming in my head, I took the occasional kratom pill which magically turned my mind quiet. I think the voice was some psychic ability I have to hear people, so I think it was someone in the nearby low income apartments, the person sounded like they were in hell. Later on at this work place I felt very threatened by another coworker and started having panic attacks and I would say by the end of the week after feeling threatened and having solid panic attacks my symptoms could be considered PTSD. I wasn't able to sleep anymore, and suffering feeling panicky and on edge all the time. I went on ambien, did that for months, got tired of asking for more ambien, wasn't getting better, and quit the job to try and recover. I was off work for like 9 months in a very bad state. Finally I got another job, the daily routine and being around people again helped, I was almost sleeping without meds. At some point they had a slowdown, and the atmosphere at the new job got tense, they had like 75% turnover during the time I was there. After the last round of layoffs and major changes and shakeups my symptoms came back and I quit again. Was again in a very very very bad state for about 6 months. Then for 3 months I was feeling more normal, I had researched PTSD extensively during this time. I tried and gave up on traditional therapy, as the first few attempts made me feel worse. Then I tried reiki. It's much less pressure, and seems to help. I wonder how it works. Before trying reiki I had done some research into trying to get blessed by buddhist monks or something. I would try to get blessed by christians, but I don't think they get it. Christians are kinda jerks around here. They'll pray for you I guess, but it's all ceremonial and weird and I don't want to go through a lot of public ceremony in a church.
>>
Reiki is newage nonsense with zero credible proof of efficacy. It's not even taken seriously in japan (i lived there for two years).
>>
File: concerned anime girl 8.jpg (27KB, 203x201px) Image search: [Google]
concerned anime girl 8.jpg
27KB, 203x201px
Hearing other people's thoughts is super fucking annoying. They're always so boring or miserable with their petty problems. If you have something to focus on or listen to music stray thoughts are less likely to seep in. You can reinforce your home to block telepathic interference but I'm not saying how.
Remember what a wise man said: It's not about what you can hear, it's what you can ignore.
>>
If you are looking for a blessing contact/call a local Latter Day Saint church ward branch. They will give you a blessing without much ceremony(other than the blessing itself). Worst thing that happens is you might be put on their list to follow up on.

If you need to know what to say, just say "I was told you could give me a blessing for/to help with (insert whatever ails you here)". They should do it with as few or as many questions as you like. They will also almost always do it in private unless you request it otherwise. It is also entirely free.

Never looked into Reiki, and IMHO most modern therapy is about how to sell drugs to the most people for the most profit.

Good Luck,
>>
>>19441834
Usui's reinvention of Reiki is newage, but the energy the practitioners are tapping into to heal is thousands of years old and is very much so real. My personal anecdote of a success story will mean very little to you I imagine so I suggest trying to find a verified Master to have your own experience with it first before you write it off.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.