[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

immortality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 13

File: The-Immortals[1].jpg (116KB, 1053x700px) Image search: [Google]
The-Immortals[1].jpg
116KB, 1053x700px
This is going to be a long post because I've never put these thoughts in writing before.

Essentially: I've been obsessed with immortality since I was a child. I'm in my 40s now and still haven't shaken it.

At first it was megalomania, then simple narcissism, some fear of death, some general neurotic anxiety. I was raised to believe that we're all immortal in the "eternal soul" sense...

Which actually is something I'm not quite so sure about anymore. Lately I've been feeling like when we die our energy is disassembled into its component parts, having run its course through this life like a biological process, all returned to some oversoul for some purpose that has nothing to do with "us" as "individuals"...

I'm possibly digressing with that but... I have the keen sense that someone is going to read this who's been waiting for me... So I'll continue.

1/?
>>
>>19441624
Continued...

I was born to see 2000 years. It's a song lyric (buzz in if you know the answer folks!) but it seemed so prophetic to me. I heard that phrase and something just clicked: "Yes, that's what I've been scrambling for, that's what's been in the back of my mind all these years!"

I've been looking for the answer all of these years and learned things along the way, but mostly just what doesn't work. Learning psychic skills meant I could pull certain things about people's lives out of the air, but that didn't help... Meditation meant I could control my mind, or the many minds that make up a human, but that didn't seem to help... If there's a chemical or drug solution, it's buried behind red tape, money and intrigue... Fitness is irrelevant, Zen is irrelevant, or immortality would be downright common...

But there is something. I can taste it. There's something out there that will be like a brick to the brain, that'll change everything, and how I ride the concussion will determine if I die, live, how I transform... And from there I will be able to return the favor and further transform the one who transformed me in a way they've so long desired...

Or I'll just die. That's a strong possibility.

But what's the difference between dying today or in another 45 years?

I know of some of the hazards. Insanity is a real issue. Simply becoming a miserable son of a bitch is another danger. Nearest I can tell I'll have to work hard on staying flexible, being very good at healing my mind and "soul", that kind of thing. I'll have to plan to occasionally falter and spend 5 years in seclusion here and there, with some kind of trigger set up to draw me out into the world so I don't get too estranged from humanity... Which itself could be very dangerous.

And then there's the dangerous potential of losing the ability to die entirely, having transmuted...

2/3
>>
>>19441630
Continued...

Anyway...

I know I'm not ready for all of the ramifications, but I do know that nobody can ever really be ready. They can only stay relaxed, stay open to the possibilities, and ride the wave until they finally understand the sea they're swimming in.

For the record I know this is all nuts. I know. Just human survival instinct run amok.

But... I can't shake this line of thought. Almost every day since I can remember I've contemplated this. It feels... Fated. Not fated that I succeed - that's up to raw chance - but fated that I make the attempt somehow.

I'd love to give God the finger. How dare that bastard put me on the planet, give me an expiry date, and make me slowly deteriorate the entire fucking time until I finally go off to the big recycling plant in the sky?

I'll risk hell... I'll embrace hell, and all of its agony and profound misery... just for the opportunity.

3/3

PS: I have no idea why I'm posting this here... That's a lie. The truth is I'm hoping it'll be discovered, that the right person will remote-view who and where I am, and that we can get this show on the road.

I'm ashamed to admit that of course. It's ridiculous. But it's also undeniable.
>>
>>19441624
life is about emerging from the cocoon of the physical and becoming a butterfly of the ethereal. know what I'm saying?
>>
>>19441624
I literally think that we can be immortal without any funny business by 2045. look up ray kurzwield
>>
>>19441701
Very comforting way of looking at it. Which makes it suspect.

Always be suspicious of comforting thoughts.

>>19441714
Oh believe me I'm all over what the technologists say. Kurzweil is a bit of a douche btw, thinks not only should we all be immortal but that people shouldn't be allowed to delete themselves because information is holy.

But... Kurzweil's not quite reading things right. He misses a lot of beats because in the end he's just trying to imagine a future where his hurts get healed, rather than a future that's... well... likely.

If you're a futurist, spend more time studying AI. It's gonna change everything long long before we ever get to merge with it.
>>
>>19441639
>I'd love to give God the finger. How dare that bastard put me on the planet, give me an expiry date, and make me slowly deteriorate the entire fucking time until I finally go off to the big recycling plant in the sky?

I know that feeling. I was recently reading up on Kabbalah and they talking about each of his is like a piece of adam put here to experience and return to the whole, and my sense of ego kicked into overdrive. How dare I just be part of the whole and have to return some day. It was troubling, I imagine Lucifer felt something similar. Even if there is something else I am reduced to a mere component, a drop in the ocean.

That being said I don't think we have much say in the situation and we are going to be forced to deal with the truth one way or another. Maybe not in this life, as this person, but someday.
>>
>>19441742
But muh 2045.

I'm a super blind optimist, I am just trying to make enough dough so that when the time comes I can afford whatever it is that keeps us alive the longest.
>>
>>19441639
>How dare that bastard put me on the planet
You fell in love with your shadow and put yourself here.
>give me an expiry date
This is the side effect of the above.
>big recycling plant in the sky
This is where you achieve immortality.
>>
File: merlin the enchanter.jpg (1MB, 1307x1500px) Image search: [Google]
merlin the enchanter.jpg
1MB, 1307x1500px
the trick to living a long life is becoming a wizard.
driving the forces of the cosmos through yourself can be good for your health if you do it right.
>>
>>19441746
> That being said I don't think we have much say in the situation and we are going to be forced to deal with the truth one way or another. Maybe not in this life, as this person, but someday.

Only time we'll ever have to deal with it is right now. Because after this, there will be no "you"... maybe bits of who you are will find their way into new human builds but that's it...

Or not. Maybe I'm full of crap. But that's how I've been feeling lately.

Anyway regardless, we can't know, can only live for today.

>>19441750
Hey man screw it, nothing wrong with that at all.

>>19441775
I love the certainty in all of this. Like he knows because his visions have told him.

Dude. I've been to the edges of hell and the halls to Heaven. I've seen the visions of myself as a boy before the "Ancient Masters", all angry at me for breaking my contract. It's all vivid and promising...

But we're human dude. Always ignore your own sensibilities, embrace not knowing. It's the only reasonable response in the face of an infinite universe.

Certainty is ridiculous.

>>19441789
Yeah. Blavatsky died. Regardie died. Crowley died. RAW died. Leary died. All of them under completely uninteresting circumstances and the usual health problems that come with age.

I looked into it. Dead end.
>>
Read "The Immortal" by J.L. Borges, it's a short story. I think you will find it interesting.
>>
>>19441742
>Always be suspicious of comforting thoughts.
with respect, anon, you should be suspicious of those who would try to scare you or make you feel shitty. You'll be fine.
>>
File: 1497833211739.jpg (296KB, 721x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1497833211739.jpg
296KB, 721x1082px
>>19441807
>spirit medium and occultist
lol they should have worked more with earth
that's how you get tougher
>>
>>19441824
>"The Immortal" by J.L. Borges,
Looks interesting, I'll check it out.

>>19441826
Well I'm not going to be goaded into action by fear either, I mean I have a knee-jerk middle-finger reaction to people who try to manipulate me with fear... I'm just saying that hope is just as manipulative and devious.

>>19441830
Well FWIW I'm not seeing a lot of immortal druids and Native Americans out there. Hell those guys age worse than anyone.
>>
From a book called Advancement of Learning by Francis Bacon

Epictetus, Encheiridion
Epictectus who went forth one day and saw a woman weeping for her pitcher of earth that was broken, and went forth the next day and saw a woman weeping for her son that was dead, and thereupon said

"Heri vidi fragilem frangi, hodie vidi mortalem mori"

Yesterday I saw a brittle thing broken, and today a mortal die.

Virgil, Georgies
"Felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas,
Quique metus omnes, et inexxorabile fatum
Subjecit pedibus, strepitumque Archerontis avari"

Happy the man who doth the causes know of all that is: serene he stands, above all fears; above the inexorable fate, and that insatiate gulf that roars below

"suavissima vita, indies sentire se fieri meliorem"
To feel himself each day a better man than the day before

Lucretius, Nature of Things
"It is a view of delight (saith he) to stand or walk upon the shore side, and see a ship tossed with tempest upon the sea; or to be in a fortified tower, and to see two battles join upon a plain. But it is a pleasure incomparable, for the mind of man to be settled, landed, and fortified in the certainty of truth; and from thence to descry and behold the errors, pertubations, labours, and wanderings up and down of other men"
>>
>>19441860
An interestingly pretentious take on: "Some people are not only smug, thinking they understand why everything is happening, but they're also smug about the smugness itself and congratulate themselves on reveling in thinking they're smarter than everyone else.

Oh and since they understand the source of everything they're happy."

Or is there any other way to read that?
>>
>>19441639
Its hard to stay calm and ride a wave when you see how much pain you have to suffer for it. It feels like drowning in misery. To know how much you will give in order to change the world, and even worse knowing that you cannot top it, the future is unchangeable now the 7 good years ends in one for the dragon showed up on the day Mary had her first son in 2011.
>>
>>19441882

Nope.
>>
>>19441624
NAD+

Thank me later. I believe commercial trials have already began.
>>
https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-successfully-reversed-dna-ageing-in-mice

Or you could just drink blood.
>>
>>19441860
Lastly, leaving the vulgar arguments, that by learning man excelleth man in that wherein man excelleth beasts;

that by learning man ascendeth to the heavens and their motions, where in the body he cannot come;

and the like;

let us conclude with the dignity and excellency of the knowledge and learning in that whereunto man's nature doth most aspire, which is immortality or continuance;

for to this tendeth generation, and raising of houses and families; to this tend buildings; and in effect the strength of all other human desires. We see then how far the monuments of wit and learning are more durable than the monuments of power or of the hands.

For have not the verses of Homer continued twenty five hundred years, or more, without the loss of a syllable or letter; during which time infinite palaces, temples, castles, cities, have been decayed or demolished?

It is not possible to have the true pictures or statues of Cyrus, Alexander, Caeser, no nor of the kings or great personages of much later years;

for the origionals cannot last, and the copies cannot but leese of the life and truth. But the images of men's wits and knowledges remain in books, exempted from the wrongs of time and capable of perpetual renovation.

Neither are they fitly to be called images, because they generate still, and cast their seeds in the minds of others, provoking and causing infinite actions and opinions in succeeding ages.

So that if the invention of the ship was thoughts so noble, which carrieth riches and commodities from place to place, and consociateth the most remote regions in participation of their fruits, how much more are letters to be magnified, which as ships pass through the vast seas of time, and make ages so distant to participate of the wisdom, illuminations, and inventions, of the other?
>>
...we see some of the philosophers which were least divine, and most immersed in the senses, and denied generally the immortality of the soul, yet came to this point, that whatsoever motions the spirit of man could act and perform without the organs of the body, they thought might remain after death; which were only those of the understanding, and not of the affection;
so immortal and incorruptible a thing did knowledge seem unto them to be.
But we, that know by divine revelation that not only the understanding but the affections purified, not only the spirit but the body changed, shall be advanced to immortality, do disclaim in these rudiments of the senses.
But it must be remembered, both in this last point, and so it may like wise be needful in other places, that in probation of the dignity of knowledge or learning, I did in the beginning separate divine testimony from human, which method I have pursued, and so handled them both apart.
Nevertheless I do not pretend, and I know it will be impossible for me, by any pleading of mine, to reverse the judgement, either of Aesop's cock, that preferred the barley-corn before the gem; or Midas, that being chosen judge between Apollo, president of the Muses, and Pan, god of the flocks, judged for plenty;
or of Paris, that judged for beauty and love against wisdom and power; or of Agrippina, "occidat matrem, modo imperet,: "Let him kill his mother so he be emperor"
that preferred empire with any condition never so detestable;
or of Ullyses, "qui vetulam praetulit immortalitati," "That preferred an old woman to immortality", being a figure of those which prefer custom and habit before all before all excellency; r a number of the like popular judgements. For these things must continue as they have been:
but so will that also continue as they have been:
but so will that also continue whereupon learning hath ever replied, and which faileth not:
"justificata est sapientia a filiis suis" "Wisdom is justified by her children"
>>
Meh.
>>
>>19441919
>NAD+
Reminds me how people acted around HGH, DMAE, and a few other things... Well we'll see.

>>19441930
Yeah I heard about that study. We'll see if it ever pans out.

And the other thing... I do love drinking blood...

Actually fuck it I'm going to confess that: blood was a huuuge thing for me in my teens/early twenties. I left several girlfriends with scars (voluntarily!). I can't tell you the ecstatic joy that came from its consumption, adn the bizarre OBSESSION I used to have over it...

I weaned myself off. It was... inconvenient, and I can't say that it had any positive effect on me other than euphoria in the moment and a heightened predator's instinct in daily life.

>>19441952
Okay I'll take a few minutes out to actually read this instead of lumping in a reply here...
>>
File: IMG_1027.jpg (40KB, 324x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1027.jpg
40KB, 324x324px
>>19441624
>>19441630
>>19441639
HEY ANONS, YOU READY FOR THE TRUTH???
You're going to either love or hate what I have to tell you. Every hair on your head is counted. Every detail about you, from your consciousness to the colors of your eyes to your every action is recorded down to the discrete level. When you die you, well, you just die. You become nothing more than quantifiable data.
But hey don't lose hope. There is a God above all of us that lives forever. We are his crops as Jesus has said numerous times. When God looks at our data, he decides which of us he wants in his kingdom and resurrects us.
It will hurt many egos to know this but we are nothing more than flowers to be picked up and planted in a garden. You are not your own god. The best you can do for yourself is make yourself presentable in the almighty God's eyes so he chooses you. The good news is Jesus told us how to do just that!
>>
>>19441952
>>19441965
Okay. Let me be super clear with you on something: the alchemists all died as quickly as anyone else did.

Homer, Plato, Socrates - fucking dead. Hermeticists die just as feeble and broke as everyone else.

Wisdom. Intelligence. They make for pleasant or interesting company (in turn) but will not do when it comes to the pursuit of immortality.

This is something beyond mere cogitation. You will not logic up the solution. It will come in instinct, technique, and the cooperation of the thoughts that exist outside the confines of the human mind.

>>19441990
I used to believe this.

But then I realized how much effort I was expending trying to convince myself of its truth.

Which tells you something... or it should.
>>
>>19441881
Compared to being on dry land while others are in a stormy sea, or being in a fortress while others are in battle, Being being fortified in certainty of truth is a far greater pleasure and delight, than to be in error or ignorance.
>>
>>19442018
Don't you get it?

Certainty IS ignorance.

You might be proud of it, you might be happy, but it doesn't mean you're right and it sure as hell doesn't mean you're smart.
>>
>>19442013
It took you effort to accept the truth?
That speaks magnitudes about your stupidity, not the truth.
What parts do you need proven? I can prove any of it using pure formal logic.
>>
>>19442026
You want to argue about the specifics of God's intentions and what he has in store for us? LOGICALLY? Not even quoting scriptures as "proof"?

Okay, here's what logic should tell you: firstly, the "quantifiable data" thing - when a snowflake melts, was the pattern it formed preserved?

Prove that. Because that's your fucking soul.

Next, God picks and chooses among people and resurrects them? Exactly how do you figure there's any evidence of that at all?

And by what criteria? Everyone is equally screwed over or saved throughout their lives by random chance and their own ambitions - God doesn't appear to give a fuck WHAT we do. And death comes as randomly as fuck.

And last, and I love this one, you think we should make ourselves presentable to God. Why? Why the fuck should we bother when he's the one that built us, planned out who we're gonna be, planned all of this... What's the point?

And Jesus told us how? JESUS? Prove that shit. Prove that Jesus isn't just a series of stories passed down through the generations as a really useful way to manipulate people into donating money to leaders and behaving themselves on threat of some eternal smackdown. Because I got news for ya kid: it takes EFFORT to keep believing that shit like the "resurrection of Christ" actually happened. "Oh but there are records that it happened like in the Bible"... ya, because millions were crucified and Jesus was a common name so obviously sooner or later... fuck...

I hate Apologetics... The very notion that you have to do them should tell you something.
>>
psst
moses was a sorcerer and he lived for like 800 years.
also jesus has the ability to kill himself and pop out in another dimension else at will. that's his favorite party trick.
>>
>>19442083
Psst. Made up stories are made up.
>>
File: violation of the masquerade.webm (941KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
violation of the masquerade.webm
941KB, 400x400px
>>19442089
yup. And remember, "Never violate the masquerade." Words to live and die by.
>>
LAST COMMENT FROM OP FOR THE NIGHT - I gotta get some sleep.

But you know, I've had this major, unshakeable depression for a week now... Somehow typing all of this out lifted it. The clouds have parted. I feel better. Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.

Isn't that weird? I wonder why...

Anyway if my shepherd is out there; I'll be waiting.
>>
>>19442025
>>19442025
Well, I'm quoting a book What came right before that quote.

"But yet the commandment of knowledge is yet higher than the commandment over the will: for it is a commandment over the reason, belief, and understanding of man, which is the highest part of the mind, and giveth law to the will itself.

For there is no power on earth which seteth up a throne or chair of estate in the spirits and souls of men, and in their cogitations, imaginations, opinions, and beliefs, but knowledge and learning.

Couple paragraphs........

Again, for the pleasures and delight of knowledge and learning, it far surpasseth all other in nature.

For, shall the pleasures of the affectations so exceed the pleasure of the sense, as much as the obtaining of desire or victory exceedeth a song or a dinner?

and must not of consequence the pleasures of the intellect or understanding exceed the pleasures of the effectations?

We see in all other pleasures there is satiety, and after they be used, their verdue departeth;
which showeth well they be but deceits of pleasure, and not pleasures:
and that it was the novelty which pleased, and not the quality.

And therefore we see that voluptuous men turn firars, and ambitious princes turn melancholy.

But of knowledge there is no satiety, but satisfaction and appetite are perpetually interchangeable;
and therefore appeareth to be good in itself simply, without fallacy or accident.

Neither is that pleasure of small efficacy and contentment to the mind of man, which the poet Lucretius describeth elegantly.:
>>19441860
>>
>>19442076
This is going to be fun!

>when a snowflake melts, was the pattern it formed preserved?
Yes, according to law of preservation of information which Stephan Hawking did many studies into.

>Next, God picks and chooses among people and resurrects them? Exactly how do you figure there's any evidence of that at all?
Every mortal human will die. Who's the only person left who can even offer life at that point? God. If anyone is chosen to be saved it's by God's hand.

>And by what criteria?
Read the Bible. Jesus tells us just that.

>Everyone is equally screwed over or saved throughout their lives by random chance and their own ambitions - God doesn't appear to give a fuck WHAT we do. And death comes as randomly as fuck.
You are less than an insect compared to God. Does a worm see the intent behind a flower garden or does it just seem random to a mere worm.

>And last, and I love this one, you think we should make ourselves presentable to God. Why? Why the fuck should we bother when he's the one that built us, planned out who we're gonna be, planned all of this... What's the point?
I don't like the rules so I won't play. REEEEEEEEEEE!

>And Jesus told us how? JESUS? Prove that shit.
There are many records pointing to our particular Jesus and the events surrounding him. There were many eyewitnesses and many records of the same event, not exclusive to the Bible.

>manipulate people into donating money to leaders and behaving themselves on threat of some eternal smackdown
Of course there are evil people who do this. Fortunately, they aren't God and don't decide if get into heaven.

I warned you you wouldn't like my message.
>>
>>19441630
>Fitness is irrelevant, Zen is irrelevant, or immortality would be downright common
If it is common, fitness and zen are key to being able to keep it up. You can easily imagine there being a saying among immortals, something to the tune of, "Not even immorality lasts forever."

You can bet on one thing: If you hadn't prepared using all those other methods that didn't work, you wouldn't even be close to being invited now. There's no point doing this for anyone that can't handle the tide.
>>
>>19442025
"It were too long to go over the particular remedies which learning doth minister to all the diseases of the mind; sometimes purging the ill humours, sometimes opening the obstructions, sometimes helping digestion, sometimes increasing appetite, sometimes healing the wounds and exulcerations thereof, and the like; and therefore I will conclude with that which hath ratio-nem totius:

which is, that it desposeth the constitutions of the mind not to be fixed or settled in the defects thereof, but still to be capable and susceptible of growth and reformation.

For the unlearned man knows not what it is to descend into himself, or to call himself to account, nor the pleasure of that suavissima vita, indies sentire se fiere meliorem. "to feel himself each day a better man than he was the day before"

The good parts he hath he will learn to show to the full, and use them dexterously. but not much to increase them, the Faults he hath he will learn how to hide and colour them, but not much to amend them,; like an ill mower, that mows on still, and never whets his scythe.

Whereas with the learned man it fares otherwise, that he doth ever intermix the correction and amendment of his mind with the use and employment thereof. Nay further, in general and in sum, certain it is that Veritas and Bonitas differ, but as the seal and the print: for Truth prints Goodness, and they be the clouds of error which descend in the storms of passions and perturbations."

Advancement of Learning page 26 by Francis Bacon

I guess random passages from this book don't really work unto themselves. It all fits together quite nicely, Its very dense but I would recommend reading it.
>>
>>19441639
>I'll risk hell... I'll embrace hell, and all of its agony and profound misery... just for the opportunity.
>
>3/3
>
>PS: I have no idea why I'm posting this here... That's a lie. The truth is I'm hoping it'll be discovered, that the right person will remote-view who and where I am, and that we can get this show on the road.
>
>I'm ashamed to admit that of course. It's ridiculous. But it's also undeniable.
so you're basically calling for a vampire, consciously or not
vampire just stands for the evil side of the force here, the wrong way of becoming immortal: living death
>>
>>19442155
>worm see the intent behind a flower
Your ability to crush a worm by stepping on it is by no means a measure of your intellect.
>>
Immortality is an illusion, everything dies. Make peace with this universal concept, it will save you in the long run. Stop blaming outside forces, including God. Otherwise you will never have control of your life.
Basically, learn to grow up and take responsibility for your life. You are going to die, and that is no one's fault. In fact, it is a blessing, my ego-filled neighbor.
You are not your body. You are not your mind. You are a brief flesh body which will dissolve when the time is right.
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord2.png (581KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord2.png
581KB, 539x850px
>>19441624
>Essentially: I've been obsessed with immortality since I was a child. I'm in my 40s now and still haven't shaken it.

There's strong evidence that a superhuman entity can seize and control the human brain which is strong evidence for a "soul" which is strong evidence for an afterlife. There's no such thing as 3-space Earthly biological immortality.

As Jesus said, the Bible is the way to death/hell, so stay away from it.

> “You search the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that testify on my behalf. Yet you refuse to come to me to have life. - John 5:39-40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9uEspZpYlo
>>
>>19442155
>There were many eyewitnesses

So what?, millions of people claim to be abducted by aliens or see ufos every year...
>>
>>19441990
the brainwash is real
>>
>>19441624
Nice blog. Instead of listening to all of these lunatics above check out the quantum immortality theory.
Good luck with living forever in your parallel universe.
>>
File: immortality[1].jpg (78KB, 263x350px) Image search: [Google]
immortality[1].jpg
78KB, 263x350px
OP back in the morning, surprised this thread still exists...

More Francis Bacon quotes, as if philosophy will make mortality any less of a rip off, and someone misinterpreting Hawking's work and using a work of fiction (the Bible) to prove his argument... Although it was funny to see the Bible-thumper admit God doesn't give a shit about what happens to us. So much for infinite love.

This was interesting:

>>19442239
> so you're basically calling for a vampire, consciously or not
> vampire just stands for the evil side of the force here, the wrong way of becoming immortal: living death

Well let's not get overly symbolic or philosophical about it. I'm just saying I'm ready to do whatever it takes and suffer whatever consequences that brings. Vampires are fine if that's the form it takes, but I thought the road to immortality lay in piety or damnation I'd be a priest (of either God or Satan) already.

>>19442353
> everything dies. Make peace with this universal concept, it will save you in the long run.

You be my guest, I'm sure you'll live a happier life than I will. But I'm stuck with the obsession. Is what it is.

Your message of taking total personal responsibility for things is ironic considering you're talking about rolling over and just letting death take you without a fight because there's nothing you can do about it... But I can't blame you. Peace is an attractive way to live. Keep doing you man.

>>19442377
> There's no such thing as 3-space Earthly biological immortality.

That you know of. Or if there isn't, that only means it hasn't happened yet and I'm going to find a way to be the first or die trying... And I have no choice on that issue. If I was born to fail, so be it.

I'll let your Biblical semantic argument slide...

>>19443749
> quantum immortality theory
This has potential, because there's been something about time/space/dimensions that's been itching at my brain for the last 15 years... I'm going to spend time with this. Thanks!
>>
>>19441624
Ego can choke a fucking Rhino out. Clearly. Kek.
>>
>>19444195
Your about as important as any of us. you'll probably get hit by a bus, and this talk will end up seeming as silly as it does to anyone who has died. Honestly, your just not as influential as you thinks life, is the strongest power you have. You can't take any of it with you. Full reset. Enjoy.
>>
>>19444195
If you knew humility you wouldn't feel the need to call others out in an effort to demonstrate your superiority.

>>19444201
He's not OP, he was commenting on OP... which is me.

And look, I appreciate your long-view "I remember the utter bliss that comes with death" stuff, but I'm not particularly interested in it anymore. I have enough memories of it (that may or may not even be mine) that I'm sick of the tight little cycle. It's feeling more futile with every iteration.

It's time to do something different.
>>
>>19441714
>ray (((kurzwield)))
>I literally think that we can be immortal without any funny business by AD 376. look up Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
>>
>>19441639
Search for Ashtar Sheran and his agents. They will point you in the right direction. You will never physically be immortal. All matter ages and decays. Your consciousness however will continue to exist so long as you don't shatter your soul. You will always exist in some form or another, jumping from life to life, until you discover the next step in consciousness and come to understand it. Once you truly understand, you will create your own reality.
>>
>>19442013
Wrong, I was born April 27th 1651. The answer lay in Neidan, internal alchemy.
>>
>>19442076

>>19442083

Jesus was an incarnation of a multidimensional consciousness named Onondaga. He is the commander in chief of Ashtar Sheran's forces and this was his first attempt at trying to expand the consciousness of humans. Love and Light are the paths to follow, however, the whole God created us in his image, and heaven is waiting for the good, while hell is waiting for the bad story is a fabrication of men who's lives are centered on manipulating other human beings.
>>
File: 1493406661708.jpg (541KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493406661708.jpg
541KB, 1200x1200px
>>19441630
>And then there's the dangerous potential of losing the ability to die entirely
>>
>>19444377
Losing the ability to die sounds wonderful. I would love to go through life without having to worry about it.
>>
>>19444287
Oh you're one of those... Look I'm all for "love and light" religions, but it's still just a bunch of random unprovable stuff. Even if I were to enter trance and contact him or his agents directly, I'd always be left wondering if I'd just conjured up a tulpa. And this...

>>19444320
This is just a purely religious stance based on the experiences of a few mediums. I've known a few mediums personally. They're talking to themselves.

But setting the veracity of it aside, physical immortality is my unyielding obsession that cannot be argued away, can't be thought away through any amount of meditation or peaceful acceptance of what is. The pursuit of immortality (succeed or fail) is the reason I was born to this life.

>>19444319
You're suggesting something I don't know a lot about so you're either an alchemist hoping I find the trick to implementing something you think would work "in theory" and share the results, or you're the real deal.

Guess I'll have to follow up and find out... No stone unturned.

Anything I should look into specifically that I can't find on Amazon?
>>
>>19444386
Please realize there's a difference between being able to live as long as you wish vs being stuck being alive.

A lifespan of millions of years will contain dangers you might not have considered. Humans will be gone within a million years no matter what (the species itself is only 200k years old) and from there you'll be the only human left in the entire universe. What do you do with yourself then?

What if you're stuck somewhere with no escape and nothing to do for a few hundred thousand years?

I mean you can meditate, sure, but then you find yourself slowly disconnecting from what it is to experience life with others to the point where when you finally do reconnect you'll be a strange monster to them, unable to appreciate anything they're saying or doing.

Losing the ability to die, having no escape at all, is not a very good idea.

I just want the choice.
>>
>>19444389
You wanted the answer and I gave it to you. I will not argue with you about a feeling that you have yourself. Good luck in your search OP. The obsessives succeed more than anybody else.
>>
File: FaceApp_1492117103524.jpg (69KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1492117103524.jpg
69KB, 480x480px
>>19441639
>I'd love to give God the finger.
>>19441844
>Well I'm not going to be goaded into action by fear either, I mean I have a knee-jerk middle-finger reaction
>>
File: 1476132272840.png (703KB, 522x579px) Image search: [Google]
1476132272840.png
703KB, 522x579px
>>19441881
‘In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.’"
>>
>>19441977
>And the other thing... I do love drinking blood...
>Actually fuck it I'm going to confess that: blood was a huuuge thing for me in my teens/early twenties. I left several girlfriends with scars (voluntarily!). I can't tell you the ecstatic joy that came from its consumption, adn the bizarre OBSESSION I used to have over it...
>I weaned myself off. It was... inconvenient, and I can't say that it had any positive effect on me other than euphoria in the moment and a heightened predator's instinct in daily life.
sounds pretty gay
>>
>>19441919

Oh yeah, a little more Vitamin B3 and we're suddenly immortal.

Jesus fuck.
>>
Drink from your own cistern.
>>
I'm obsessed to a point with the same thought, I never wish to die. Would I like the option? Perhaps, but just not dying is good enough. The only answer I could find was not one of physical immortality, but mental and "soul" immortality. If the concept of a soul exists, then surely something must be able to create it. From a science standpoint, more and more people are being born, does that mean the soul can just "be made" from sperm and eggs? Or is it something similar to cell division? Where there was originally just one soul, and it has divided over time?

Lots of concepts to keep in mind, and then you have the other side of the coin where concepts may not even be able to apply correctly to this line of thinking. The answer I found for myself is the belief there is life after death, but limited and trapped. Perhaps by earth's magnetism, or perhaps gravity. Maybe something else entirely we're not even aware of. Either way, if one can figure out the answer to life after death and what causes it, we can find a way to circumvent or even reverse it. My answer is simple, when you die and become a soul or "ghost", hijack someone else's body.
>>
>>19441624
>all returned to some oversoul
That oversoul is you, though.
>>
>>19441775
Do not listen to his Jewish lies.
>>19441624
I understand your desire for immorality it is something I want as well. I am confident that in time it will be possible for us all. Words of advice friend when you die refuse to go into the light and if a angel comes and gets you refuse as well. Those who go to "heaven" never reincarnate their souls are broken apart for energy and they cease to exist. So in the end your suspicions are correct and well placed.
>>
You should read The Epic of Gilgamesh, it's quite interesting about the fear of death and search of immortality.
>>
I don't know if I want total immortality. I definitely want a longer lifespan. I like to watch humans and society progress and to enjoy myself like anyone else, but at my age (still young) I feel the impending ageing is not far off. My main gripe with human life as it is now is that I can only do some things that I want to do, not all of them. I can't live in Russia at my prime for many years, can't live in Japan, a different part of the U.S., can't become a skilled chef, a police chief, an accomplished sceintist or inventor, an astronaut, etc etc etc. I have to be realistic with my time and resources. I could work towards all of these things, but it would be spreading myself too thin and would never work. Oh well, I can only keep myself in good shape and live out my life hoping for something to change.
>>
Ironically, you can only attain immortality by completely giving up on life.
>>
>>19444647
>Would I like the option? Perhaps, but just not dying is good enough.

Well we're in agreement on that point. If I'm stuck here I'm stuck here. The Universe won't last forever anyway... There are some fairly reliable prophecies that humans will destroy it accidentally within a few hundred thousand years. (Or was it just tens of thousands?)

Anyway the point is this: in all endeavors, you need to be careful about self-sabotage. And that means that you need to get ahead of the hazards and formally go through the process of acknowledging their horror, realistically and fully, and mourn the possibility of suffering that fate. Go through the full proper mourning practice to ensure you will accept it if it comes - And that means allowing real sorrow to linger. It's work but... It's my belief that if I don't do it, then I'll be "trying not to think about it", which will create a bit of self-sabotage down the road.

Regarding what we are.... Every time I gain insight into the issue it's more and more disturbing. Best to focus on what what one can do than on what one "is". There are so many "shadows on the wall" when it comes to that stuff that it's impossible to build upon reliably.

>>19444675
It is but it isn't. This is largely a semantic argument...

>>19444681
I've refused in the past, mostly out of mistrust for the purity and acceptance of the love there... Fear. Interesting that we're in agreement about what lies on the other side. Sure, the farmer might love us and treat us well once we get in there, but we're still sheep in a slaughter house.

>>19444683
I read it ages and ages ago... Honestly don't remember much about it. I wonder if I still have a copy...

>>19444690
Yeah you have to pick something and specialize.

>>19444778
Go on then, explain what you mean... Keeping in mind that Zen masters all die anyway...
>>
>>19441624
"Never was there a time when I did not exist, nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be. As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. The self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change." (Bhagavad Gita 2.12-.2.13)

"Know that which pervades the entire body is indestructible. No one is able to destroy the imperishable soul. Only the material body of the indestructible, immeasurable and eternal living entity is subject to destruction; therefore, fight, O descendant of Bharata." (Bg. 2.17-2.18)

You are already immortal, as you are spiritual in nature, not material. The spiritual soul, manifested throughout the body as consciousness, is not born nor does it die, therefore it is unborn and eternal. However, due to forgetfulness of our true nature, we have become entrapped by material nature and have accepted material bodies subject to birth, old age, disease, and death. Therefore one who is intelligent, knowing his true self to be eternal, should seek to cease having to accept these miserable material bodies and rediscover his true self. This realization is accomplished by the process of bhakti, devotional service unto God. Bhakti is very easy to practice can be primarily executed by the chanting of the mahamantra: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. By doing so one gradually elevates himself by developing a love for God and comes to understand both himself and God.
>>
File: g03-sri-lord-krishna.jpg (133KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
g03-sri-lord-krishna.jpg
133KB, 1200x800px
>>19444987
When they are informed that spiritual life is also individual and personal, they become afraid of becoming persons again, and so they naturally prefer a kind of merging into the impersonal void. Generally, they compare the living entities to the bubbles of the ocean, which merge into the ocean. This stage of realization is that of merging into the impersonal Brahman, God's effulgence. However, this is not the highest perfection and thus one can fall back down into the ocean of birth and death if he does not advance to the personal understanding of the truth.

As we are all individual living beings and have our individuality, the Supreme Absolute Truth is also, in the ultimate issue, a person, and realization of the Personality of Godhead is realization of all of the transcendental features. The complete whole is not formless. If He is formless, or if He is less than any other thing, then He cannot be the complete whole. The soul forever keeps his individuality and as does the Lord.
>>
>>19444987
>>19445000

You have no idea how angry I just got... Taking a breath before I reply because I know you're trying to be helpful...

First: the immortal soul completely forgetting everything from one life to the next might as well not be immortal. You might as well be completely nullified, blended and pureed into a goo, and then fed as fertilizer to a new soul with no sign of "who you really are" left. What's the point in this corny comfort of spiritual immortality if you start each life with complete amnesia?

Second: I don't give a shit about anything outside of this life, this one right here. You know why? Because in this life I'm blinded to anything outside of it (by design!). All of these things I sense and feel and see in the spiritual world, they're... They could easily be my subconscious or my imagination.

So you find peace. Go ahead. Enjoy your peace.

It's not what I'm here to do. I'm here to find a way to decide for myself when I'm done, and not have some very poor design choices for the human body decide on my behalf that I will suffer more and more as I age until I eventually die.
>>
>>19444835
>Go on then, explain what you mean

If you don't want to die, then simply stop living.
Of course it would be impossible for a Zen master.
>>
Ever heard about count saint Germain?
>>
>>19445039
Man is subject to powers greater than man. Everything you do or happens to you is by their design. You have no hope of escaping the fate set for you.
>>
>>19441624
http://www.immortalis-animus.com/

There is no blood involved.
It is a metaphor, your blood carries all internal secretions produced by endoctrine glands that construct a form out of the blob you start as.
>>
>>19445045
Can't you just write "kys" like a normal troll?

>>19445047
That was his name... Thanks for the reference.

>>19445048
Then I'll die trying.

>>19445098
Oh boy, very... Fancy... Simple question for you: do you know of any practitioners at all who have achieved actual immortality?
>>
>>19445048
How do you manage to speak with such certainty?
>>
>>19445113
Honestly i don't know anybody even slightly interested in whatever i'm interested in. Seems like my fate.

On the mentioned website there is a forum where you can ask questions.
Maybe read the book first.
Author certainly claims immortality is achivable and he did it.
This wasn't an easy find. Enjoy.
>>
>>19441990

Lmao..
ahh /x/ you never stop surprising me
>>
>>19445039
>What's the point in this corny comfort of spiritual immortality if you start each life with complete amnesia?
Yes, therefore I said:
>Therefore one who is intelligent, knowing his true self to be eternal, should seek to cease having to accept these miserable material bodies and rediscover his true self.

One who wants to become free of birth and death, who wants to become liberated, must first of all learn that he is not this material body. Moksha, or liberation, means freedom from material consciousness. The process of accepting material bodies must be stopped, which can be done through the process of bhakti-yoga, or devotional service. According to our activities in this life, we either rise or sink. This life is a preparation for the next life. Human life is very valuable because it is such a rare birth, and only in human life can one take to the platform of bhakti to become liberated. If we can prepare, therefore, in this life to get promotion to the kingdom of God, then surely, after quitting this material body, we will attain a spiritual body just like the Lord.

>All of these things I sense and feel and see in the spiritual world, they're... They could easily be my subconscious or my imagination.
The spiritual platform surpasses all lower strata of consciousness - namely, sensual, mental, and intellectual. Subconsciousness and imagination are born of mind, and thus occurs at a lower mental level of consciousness.
>>
>>19445141
I've decided to pass on this one. It wasn't just the vampy presentation, but also the fact that the author of the book has been studying the spiritual "for decades". His forum has people casting about randomly for solutions, nobody seems to really know how to get where they're going, and even in the author's public writings he confesses there to be "no one way" to do what he proposes...

So... Another pretender.
>>
>>19441624
Ok stupid American .....we are never born or die ..stop .Please
>>
(You) are progressing in many lives wearing different bodies and experiencing different things. You just lose most information in between them, just keep some of your skills, predispositions and karma.
We respawn. Now congratulations on landing a spot on this hard difficulty planet, there's no need to stick here longer than it's needed. Trust in the Existence and it's gonna be k
Next lives will be 10k+ years anyways so lol no probs
>>
>>19441624
Immortality = survival of the fittest
>>
>>19445821
Yes yes yes "give up on your goal it's impossible so stop worrying about it" I'm telling you, I've got no choice...

>>19445874
Oh that's brilliant. Yeah that's right, every year we see Olympic athletes completely never ever dying. Thanks for that.
>>
>>19445894
Bitch, you are an infinite soul of the universe experiencing itself through a finite venue. This finite venue of your bodily shell is just like your RPG avatar in a video game and nothing to be permanently attached to.
Look inside and see the parts of your ego reinforcing separation. You have a choice. Stop entertaining your ego's choice and realize immortality through universal means. You ARE EVERYTHING ALREADY. If you ever wore two different t-shirts in your life and were happy with the change, you can accept what I'm saying.
>>
>>19445894
Fittest =/= physically fit
>>
File: 1500544540863.jpg (5KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1500544540863.jpg
5KB, 245x245px
>>19441624
Mortality is an illusion. Anyone can become immortal through the power of unwavering belief.
>>
>>19441624
Ever had any experiences out of the ordinary, OP?
>>
>>19445910
> This finite venue of your bodily shell is just like your RPG avatar in a video game and nothing to be permanently attached to.

Fine, then I want cheat codes. I want mods. How do I turn on the trainer? Where's my Game Genie?

And don't attack the ego. That's so new age cliché. I was born with an ego. It has a purpose, it's what's supposed to drive this life.

Don't you see anything wrong with suppressing something that's part of you by design in favor of things that do not exist in this reality?

>>19445920
I was just making fun of the triteness of your flippant remark.

>>19445940
If it was just belief then insanity would be the ultimate key to immortality, and drug-induced immortality would be common. Hypnosis would do the trick.

Or are you saying you know a few immortals who've achieved it this way?

>>19445959
Yes. You'll have to be a lot more specific.
>>
No healthy human gives a fuck about immortality, most people would just like to live long enough to be able to get the most from life.

A few hundred years alive, even provided that could somehow ignore not being made biologically to accomodate such a long span of time, and people would start choosing suicide peacefully for a myriad of reasons.

There's far more interesting shit in life that you bored, pseudo-intellectual people could mull over, knowledge or no knowledge.

Like how our understanding of space and time is really limited and our fixed perception of the world shows us how dumb we really are. You cannot have something be created from nothing, and yet our reality must've came about somehow. This introduces a massive logical paradox and is something that our understanding will never be able to grasp.
>>
>>19446288
> A few hundred years alive, even provided that could somehow ignore not being made biologically to accomodate such a long span of time, and people would start choosing suicide peacefully for a myriad of reasons.

Well you prove my point.

The fact that you never choose means life is too short.

It needs to be as long as we choose it to be, not this bullshit arbitrary declining health slow death nonsense.

And I'm not interested in hearing what someone on /x/ thinks a productive use of my time would be.

This is who I am. Believe me I've had all the exposure in the world to ways to "find peace and acceptance", and I'm all about productivity... But this pursuit isn't optional for me.
>>
>>19445910
It's comforting what you say, but why do you have the correct answer as opposed to anyone else? And the suffering we all endure, the physical pains from our meatbags, what is that meant to do? If we lose most of our memories how are we to prevent the same things from happening over and over again? How can we break free from this? Or is the only solution to just be and exist and acknowledge things around us? Do we have any choice in the matter as to where we can go, if this is a "hard" place to be where is the "easy" place?
>>
We are all as waves in an ocean of energy
>>
schrodinger's cat
>>
>>19446369
>>19446392

Peanut butter jelly time

Santa's hat

See? I can make random statements that don't contribute to the conversation too.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.