[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my great-grandmother passed away several years ago. Before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: bejveknjknfe.jpg (186KB, 1320x800px) Image search: [Google]
bejveknjknfe.jpg
186KB, 1320x800px
So my great-grandmother passed away several years ago. Before she passed, she thought she was going on a trip and had a suitcase as if she were to leave. Why does this happen? And I heard similar stories from other people.

tl;dr - People close to dying feel like they're going on a trip
>>
Dementia
>>
File: parade.jpg (105KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
parade.jpg
105KB, 600x400px
>>19440341
On the night of my grandmother's death 4 years ago she was near incoherence, and was unsure my mom, aunt, and myself were even in the room, barely capable of opening her eyes.

Over the course of a few hours she would open her eyes wide and ask where her dead husband was (he passed away over 30 years before). She was slightly flustered when we told her softly he wasn't there. She kept saying, "But I saw him, they were all there!" Eventually through questioning she told us that "they" were dead friends and relatives among a crowd, and "there" was the road by her house which is a parade route. She spoke of a glorious parade passing by, and all of those who were close to her were all near, chattering idly. She was confused because it was a winter night, and wanted to know where the sunshine was.

When her eyes were closed, she kept reaching out and grabbing for something. She went incoherent and passed away a few hours later in her sleep.

I like to think that the parade was for her, and they were welcoming her somewhere better than this wrathful world. It's about the only thing that gives me faith in afterlife, I have a hard time believing in god nowadays.
>>
>>19440430
OP here, and I understand you completely. The best result psychiatrists can come up with is "these things are comforting" meanwhile these things would never be in our subconscious. Your brain wouldn't show you a parade when you're on your deathbed, would it?
>>
>>19440430
she specifically said there was no sunshine
what she saw were the demons that she interpreted as her friends and relatives coming to drag her soul into hell

because she was old, so she was probably a racist
>>
>>19440442
She was losing her grip over the course of weeks, so for her to sit up with lucidity in her eyes, and clearly asking questions was spooky, but I sum it up adrenaline. As for why a parade? I dunno, she hadn't been to one for several decades and she was 95. I would wager she hadn't seen one since she was a girl, and she was married at 18 and had 6 children, so there was no time for parade.
>>
>>19440430
Feels like your grandma is in heaven, hope you get there too anon - I will be praying for you. It is not easy to believe it is easy to be an unbeliever.
>>
>>19440430
When I was
A young man
My father
Took me into the city
To see the Black Parade
>>
>>19440922
> its not easy to believe

Its the easiest thing you can do because with belief you dont have to bother with anything ever again including facts n shit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.