[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys, I plan to do a "24 hours of horror movies"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: popcorn-time.jpg (499KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
popcorn-time.jpg
499KB, 1920x1080px
Ok guys, I plan to do a "24 hours of horror movies" with some friends.

I guess there is a lot of fans of this shit here so I need a list of something like *15* movies.

Your fav, the most scary, original one, olide but goldie whatever..

Don't include : The Ring, Conjuring 1 2, Annabelle,Blair Witch, Saws, paronrmal activity,hostel, silence of the Lam and Mama cuz I want to watch new things.

Here we go, drop your best spoppy movies /x.
>>
The Thing (1982) is one of my favorite horror films.
>>
Night of the living dead
Frankenstein
House on haunted Hill
>>
the thing
ju-on
shutter
jaws
alien
nightmare on elm street
the fly
poltergeist
exorcist
psycho
event horizon
in the mouth of madness
>>
>>19440163

Night of the Demons, The People Under the Stairs, Dead Snow, and Lesbian Vampire Killers come to mind. Just some interesting ones off the top of my head that I didn't see listed already.
>>
>>19440388
oh and hellraiser
>>
>>19440163
Babadook. Do mushrooms or 5gr truffles and shit your pants.
>>
The Exorcist: Legion. It's a continuation of the first original Exorcist movie. It was also written by William Peter Blatty the writer of the first.
>>
>>19440163
I heard IT FOLLOWS is pretty good, also will you be letting so bad it's good movies in this thread
>>
A Field in England, for something a little different, to break it up, but still a must-see for all on /x/.
>>
>>19440163
>>>/tv/
>>
Species
Hellraiser series
Evil Dead
Living Dead series
Event Horizon
Uzumaki
Dagon
Ringu
Flowers in the Attic
The Hills Have Eyes
>>
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
The VVitch: A New-England Folktale
>>
The Shining (obviously)
The VVitch
Pontypool
Suspiria
Misery
Night of the Living Dead
The Void
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
>>
File: brides_of_dracula.gif (710KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
brides_of_dracula.gif
710KB, 500x353px
>>19440163
Maybe you want to try for a balanced roster that covers all eras and genres. You can run them in chronological order, by monster type, or alternate the tamer older stuff with the punchier newer stuff.

You want some classic Universal horror movies (Lon Chaney and Bela Lugosi), some Hammer Horror (Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee), some New Line Cinema 80s stuff, some Asian-inspired stuff.

You want vampires, werewolves, zombies, clowns, aliens, ghosts, and serial killers. It's up to you if you want things to vary the tone and include some humor (Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland) or stay dead serious.

vampires: Interview with the Vampire, Fright Night (the original is better than the remake), The Hunger (David Bowie), Brides of Dracula, Satanic Rites of Dracula, Lost Boys, Subspecies, Underworld

werewolves: the Wolfman (Lon Chaney), An American Werewolf in London, The Howling

zombies: the original Romero trio (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead) and if you choose one make it Day, 28 Days Later, Return of the Living Dead, Resident Evil

clowns: It, Killer Klowns from Outer Space

aliens: Alien, Critters, Fire in the Sky, The Thing (the Carpenter one)

ghosts: Woman in Black remake (Daniel Radcliffe), 13 Ghosts (with Tony Shaloub, not the Vincent Price one, although that's also nice), A Nightmare on Elm Street

serial killers: From Hell, Psycho, House of a Thousand Corpses, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween (not the Rob Zombie remake)

bonus: Puppetmaster, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Rear Window, Bride of Frankenstein, The Audition, Pumpkinhead, Child's Play, Coraline
>>
>>19440163
Give yourself a break halfway through and watch What We Do In The Shadows
>>
>>19441427
>Coraline
really nigga?
>aliens:
No Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?
You forgot the best alien movie ever?
>>
>>19441483
That movie is so cheap and odd, but definitely belongs into a good horror night.
Good recommendation
>>
>>19440815
It Follows is absolute shit.
>>
>>19442965
It Follows is the best pleb filter ever made. It's perfectly reasonable for it not to be to someone's taste, but everyone who reacts too it like this guy is gauranteed to have a 2-digit IQ
>>
>>19442423
>Coraline
It's a nice movie and represents a variation in tone and look from the rest. I didn't claim it was scary, I recommended it as worth watching. And also because I'd just mentioned The Thing, so I had Keith David on the top of my head.
>No Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?
It does nothing for me. The aliens are non-hostile and the general tone leans more towards confusion than dread.
>>
Zombi
The Gates of Hell Trilogy
Suspiria and Inferno by Dario Argento
Pulse
Noroi The Curse
VHS
120 Days of Sodom
Nosferatu
Let the Right One In
Evil Dead
Last House on the Left
Just off the top of my head, my personal favorites would probably Suspiria, Nosferatu, and Pulse only because there's a scene in Pulse that's haunted me since I saw it when I was younger.
>>
>>19443071
Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify your shit taste, faggot.
>>
If you're into asian shit "I saw the devil" is one you really have to include. Its more of a revenge/horror movie but its damn good in my opinion
>>
>>19440163
Wizard of Gore.
Anal High 6
>>
File: 1382593605787.jpg (605KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1382593605787.jpg
605KB, 1195x1600px
Dog Soldiers (2002)
The Descent (2005)
1408 (2007)
Wrong Turn (2003)
REC (2007)
Eden Lake (2008)
Triangle (2009)
>>
The Wrong Turn series is awful(ly) entertaining. I think theres 6 of them now

Feast
Feast II: Sloppy Seconds
Feast III: The Happy Finish

All of the feast movies are absolutely over the top hyperviolent and ridiculously fun to watch

Joy Ride 1-3

Poker Night (has Ron Pearlman in it) is more of a thriller but can still be lumped in with the horror category

Wolf Creek 2, an Aussie horror movie thats rather good. You can skip the first one, 2 was much better

The Traveler (w/ Val Kilmer) is worth a watch

Mine Games is an interesting one, just watched it on netflix recently and enjoyed it

The Horde (2016) think rambo but with hillbilly rapey hills have eyes mutant dudes. More of a horror/action flick

for a horror/comedy id check out Deathgasm.
>>
File: hausu face.jpg (506KB, 1800x1707px) Image search: [Google]
hausu face.jpg
506KB, 1800x1707px
>>19440163
Hausu is an absolute must.
>>
>>19440163
The Thing, like the first poster said, and Jacob's Ladder. Dead Alive is great for gory fun, but it isn't actually scary. Maybe Videodrome too, for something a little more strange, and very unsettling.
>>
>>19441427
You forgot Communion in the alien category, other guy already pointed out Close encounters
>>
File: phantasm_poster.jpg (46KB, 300x456px) Image search: [Google]
phantasm_poster.jpg
46KB, 300x456px
Check out Phantasm, underrated horror classic with a great mix of scary, trippy imagery and fun b-movie charm.
>>
File: IzVR9MP.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IzVR9MP.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>19443886
>HAAAAAAAAAAAUSU
>>
>>19443933

A horror movie that's so goofy that it loops back around to being legitimately disturbing again. Truly a gem of a film and a must see for genre fans.
>>
>>19440163

city of the living dead
the beyond
house by the cemetery
mountain of the cannibal god
cannibal ferox
zombie holocaust
short night of glass dolls
night of the seagulls
>>
>>19441427
patrician taste
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.