[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid Dreaming Thread/AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 1456589995334.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456589995334.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
Alright, /x/,
I haven't seen one in a while, so here it goes. This thread is dedicated to lucid dreaming. Have you ever been lucid? Share your experiences, thoughts and ideas...
I will be monitoring the thread regularly and you can ask me pretty much anything regarding the topic as I'm an experienced lucid dreamer myself.

I've also noticed that the more infographics and general information the original post has, the less attention it gets. People don't like wall of texts. So if you want me to elaborate on anything, post more info, or tell you something specific, don't be afraid and ask away.
>>
Over the last few years I have unsuccessfully trying to have a lucid dream, I have found my dream sign to be toilets/bathrooms.

Is it absolutely necessary for me to keep a dream journal now that I know my dream sign? I just write down dreams in my normal journal if I remember them. Keeping a dream journal/going thru it frequently sounds like a hassle to me.
>>
>>19439625
Its a bit of a hassle yes, but dream journaling is the most essential part of lucid dreaming unfortunately.
>>
I just wrote down a dream entry. I noticed that most of my dreams include my family and me cheating on my girlfriend as well as crazy adventures. I've never been able to control myself I think. Maybe it's just that I can't control the environment or order of events that happen. What does lucid dreaming feel like? Are you given a static sandbox to fool around with?
>>
>>19439651
this, though once you have several lucid dreams and start to notice the patterns it becomes less and less necessary. I used to write in mine everyday, now I dont at all and I still lucid dream once or twice a month. Though I bet if I started journaling again that number would go up pretty fast.
>>
>>19439519
I wanna learn this. Where do I start to look for info? Pro tips are welcome too
>>
>>19439625
You generally should keep writing your dreams into a dream journal, but for a different reason. By writing down your dreams, you make a conscious effort to recall and remember them. This improves your dream recall in a long term, makes your brain more active during a dream period. Having your memory more active during a dream also results in being more present in a dream. And honestly, you can't make a lucid dream out of a dream you can't even remember. It's not absolutely necessary, but as for me, not keeping a dream journal over long periods of time seems to decrease my lucid dream frequency.

As for the dream signs, if you've been unsucessfully trying for a few years already, it obviously doesn't work for you. And it's not really uncommon, I can't remember when was the last time I got lucid thanks to a dream sign. I see keeping an eye out for dream signs as a helpful tool, but it's not something that will guarantee you lucidity. Perhaps your problem lies in a wrong approach.

In order to realise that you are dreaming from inside the dream, you need to develop a right mindset. To put it simple, you need to be mentally present in every possible moment, you need to think critically and be open to a possibility that what you are experiencing is a dream. But this will come naturally with time. From a beginner's standpoint, your best bet is using induction techniques. I will post a link...

dreamviews com/induction-methods-techniques/

If I were you, I'd read through DILD, Reality Checking, MILD and see if anything suits you. Using an actual technique should make you lucid in a few weeks/months at worst.
>>
>>19439666
Well, being lucid simply means to realise that you are dreaming. But it's not only something like a vague thought. It means having your whole waking awareness and memories with you inside a dream.
There is nothing quite like it, but if you'd experience it, you'd certainly know.

I think you will get a right idea about how it feels if you just think about how you feel just now. A dream can feel extremely realistic.

What you get depends on your expectations and experience. The dream still retains a certain randomness and occasional surprise thrown in by your subconscious mind. But with experience, you can control every single aspect of it and have only your imagination as a limit. To get a static sandbox would require some effort though, it's not something you get for granted.
>>
>>19439680
Start keeping a dream journal and practice an induction technique or two. You can open a link that I've already posted here (dreamviews com/induction-methods-techniques/) and read through some of the techniques listed there. DILD and MILD are usually a safe bet.

Everyone is different when it comes to lucid dreaming, so you'll have to develop your own pro-tips. Personally I'd recommend adding WBTB (dreamviews com/wiki/WBTB-Tutorial) to your daily routine, it's not a standalone technique, but generally helps to increase chances for everyone. Also, do not drink the night before you want to lucid dream and don't smoke weed in general.

Here is the overview of the techniques if you feel lost (dreamviews com/attaining-lucidity/66857-lucid-dream-induction-techniques.html).
>>
>>19439519
can you have sex in a lucid dream when u a virgin?
>>
Is it possible to have a lucid dream and forget about it?
>>
>>19439747
I don't see a reason why not. How realistic it can get is questionable, though. You can become a pioneer in that regard and document dream sex before and after losing virginity. I'm sure you'd find some females willing to contribute to a possible scientific breakthrough.
>>
>>19439763
About as possible as to have a real life experience and forget about it. Quite possible, I'd say. Perhaps even a bit more, because dream memory tends to be somewhat elusive. Then again, it might be balanced out by a peculiarity of the experience making it memorable. I'll leave it for you to decide.
>>
Algunos sueños lúcidos son horribles, recuerdo haber tenido uno en el que yo me encontraba en una casa extraña que jamás había visto, con cuatro sujetos que tampoco conocía, yo sabía q estaba dormido, y al parecer los sujetos también porque uno de ellos me dijo y cito "quedate, no es necesario que despiertes", en ese momento desperté sudando en mi cama, no se que hora hora pero aun estaba obscuro, y sinceramente tenia miedo de volver a dormir.
>>
i dream that i was in a town in europoor and i was walking around , someone offered to me a plate of ramen , it was clear and colorfull , seemed to be tasty , i took the plate and tasted and i was delicius , then water begun to flood the land but i was not scared becose i float, then the waters took me up to the entrance of a castle and i saw zack zukember leaving the castle i ask him if i could have the castle and he say yes , he was puting his stuff in a little car , and i thoug what a fool , he doesnt need a car he needs a boat.

i woul like to wake up and live , i dont know if you have fool me to belive that a end is near but would not anwser to fear anymore , you force to trow my enemy loving heart donwstairs by psy nuking me twice whit fear , my heart was a chanel and if i dont like what you send to me i can always change chanels , fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me ,anytime you send fear my way my chest remain quiet ,but my hunger has grow and grow , can you please stop sending me fear, i do not want to be a fat ass, i want a prooff of good will from your side , i want the engeniers to make a card to suply my current needs meanwhile i remain anonimus, if my dreams are true WE can end this bullshit of higer ground and lower ground ,moses was not the only to dream how to make the waters recede .
i want a 3rd part of all the goods that we will recover from the sea , i am awfful whit numbers so i need to have some much that i could share whit everione whitahud worring to deplete my pockets .

if you want better ideas from me ,find all alchemical litghs, make a deal whit india and protec nubia , the sister of the real anubis, noting turns me off like genocide
i would not tolerate no more genocides , not on my people neither yours . i am trying to save the most i can save .

if there is in reality a end near , forget metal , use ceramics and non magnetic metals to built inside the montain a sand pumping hearth .
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 474x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 474x425px
>>19439816
What the fuck did i just read
>>
>>19439838
just namefags being autistic, a common occurence on /x/
>>
>>19439519
I had a lucid dream like 6 days ago and that's when I decided to start a journal.

For some reason the last two days I've been less successful in even remembering my dreams. In my first entry I wrote like 900 words but now I can't write more than 50 about what I dreamed. I've been meditating before bed and have tried to become more aware of what I'm doing, but it seems like it's having the opposite effect on my recall. Is it because the dream was really short or something?
>>
>>19439874
6 days is such a short time period that I wouldn't worry about it and wouldn't make any hasty conclusions. What you should strive for is a long-term effect, we are talking weeks, months and possibly even years. Your dream recall will, of course, vary from night to night and you are not imunne to an occasional dry spell.

That being said, there are certain things known for decreasing dream recall such as not having a stable sleep schedule, going to bed too late, sleeping less hours, being stressed, being under the influence of mind-altering substances etc...
>>
Thanks for this thread OP :) I'm going to give lucid dreaming one more try.
>>
File: 1500528684519.gif (2MB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500528684519.gif
2MB, 500x400px
>>19439519
I have a problem with lucid dreams where as soon as I notice I'm dreaming, my physical eyes start to slowly open and wake me up, and focusing on closing them ends the dream

Another problem is even though the dreams are super vivid, I can't fully experience a sensation that I've never experienced before
>>
I wouldn't try to do it. I attempted a couple of years ago and actually was able to but my dreams were nightmarish and I experienced a terrible sleep paralysis when I came out of it.
I started it innocently but there's something really weird about it.
>>
>>19441309
Let go of your earthly attunement
>>
>>19441103
Lucid dream is just like a normal dream in terms of bodily physiology. There is no real reason why your physical eyes should start to involuntarily open themselves. Perhaps it's not the cause, but the effect of waking up. And what's causing you to wake up is something else altogether.

How many lucid dreams did you experience so far? It's quite common to wake up due to excitement on your first few lds.

If it's not the case, maybe it happened to you once by an accident and now you are forcing it upon yourself by focusing on it too much and expecting it to happen. Try to completely forget about your physical body when you are dreaming, because drawing too much attention to it could also be a possible cause of waking up.

As for experiencing a sensation that you've never experienced before, could you elaborate on that? What did you mean by "can't fully experience, and how could you possibly know you can't?
>>
>>19441309
Well, it's normal to experience a nightmare while dreaming or lucid dreaming. But when you are lucid, your state of mind actually gives you means to overcome it with ease. First of all, you can be sure that the experience is not real and secondly, you have the power to transform the nightmare into something different. Many people use lucid dreaming as a tool to get rid of their nightmares and as for me, I haven't got one for at least a few years.

When you mess with your sleep and try to make yourself more aware, it's indeed possible to fall into sleep paralysis. But it doesn't necessarily have to be a bad experience. You can learn how to snap out of it fairly quickly, or utilise that state of mind to enter another dream. Also, those terrifying things you experience during sleep paralysis are quite literally born from your fear. Once you know what's going on and are comfortable, nothing scary will happen.

I guess lucid dreaming isn't for everyone, but I find it strange that some people are afraid of dreams.
>>
I'll have to leave now, I will continue the thread tomorrow if more questions comes up.
>>
>>19441420
Reading back now I think I just need to practice more.

For as long as I can remember I've had a vivid lucid-ish dream once every couple months but I never made the connection that I was dreaming until I woke up and haven't bothered to look up what it was until a week ago. I get one every other day or so now using different techniques.

I guess the best example for not experiencing something fully - I can imagine a food I've never had in real life but my mind will just unconciously make the nearest flavor up. Touch an object with a texture I've never felt and it will feel like something I have touched before, that kind of thing.
>>
>>19439519
I'm lucid a couple times a month and don't keep a journal. Key is a couple things :
1. Ask yourself constantly during the day if you're dreaming, especially when something is out of the ordinary. For some reason, plane crashes are a reoccurring dream for me even though I've never seen one irl. It's ALWAYS a trigger for lucid dreaming because I know it is RARE.
2. Wake yourself up at 3 or 4 AM and then go back to bed, it's best when you're in a lighter phase of sleep.
3. Oh and sleep on your back.
>>
File: Youcanonlyluciddreamwithdrugs.jpg (2MB, 2344x2636px) Image search: [Google]
Youcanonlyluciddreamwithdrugs.jpg
2MB, 2344x2636px
i've been trying to lucid dream for the past 3 years. I've worked my up to having very vivid dreams that i can remember by keeping a journal, but actually going lucid is sporadic and random. I'm going to keep up the practice as someday i'll get it.

If you want to have more vivid dream and work your way to lucid dreams like i am you might want to try out MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) and supplement it with DMSO. you can get them both on amazon.
>>
File: 1487680937662.jpg (237KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
1487680937662.jpg
237KB, 980x552px
>>19439519
I had my strongest lucid dream sandbox 2 days ago. How it started I don't know well but I believe I forced it a lot to be something I wanted.
I was in bed and I knew how my room was irl, so when I realised I was dreaming, I noticed the dream room was my old room and from there got control of the dream. I was always checking if I was in a dream using a telekinesis technique and if it worked I was in the dream and kept doing sandbox.
What I tried to figure out as a technique to induce the lucid dreaming, its remembering every detail you have on your IRL room around your bed and keep thinking about them while you try to sleep. Probably your dream should be about your room and when you look at it you easily find out what is different (since your dream might have different things from what you remember about your IRL room) when you notice those you get lucid and work from there.

I would like what you think of these and also I would like to know about awakening the third eye to help with lucid dreaming?
I used the energy and breathing technique to focus attention on that point in my forehead and oddly it makes me feel closer to the sleeping state if that is my intention.
>>
File: brain-wave-states[1].jpg (36KB, 550x530px) Image search: [Google]
brain-wave-states[1].jpg
36KB, 550x530px
>>19439519
I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out this whole brainwave thing? Can I induce them? What kind of feeling you have on each states?
>>
Oi guys I've had a couple of successes in the last month but my dreams don't feel real, there's like a weird filter on everything. Does this go away with more practice?
>>
>>19439816
>noting turns me off like genocide
>>
>>19439519
i never remember my dreams i have no clue what i have dreamt about or if i even dream at all. im envious of people that lucid dream and stuff i wanna do that but its never worked
>>
>>19441578
I've also had dreams where I kind of suspected that I was dreaming and manipulated certain aspects of them, but I wouldn't consider them to be true lucid dreams. Perhaps that's also the source of your problems, you are not fully aware and let your brain half-ass things. I've noticed the more awareness I have, the more realistic is the dream. More practice and experience will certainly help you and if you really have semi-lucids every other day, then you are on a good way towards stable and consistent lucidity.
>>
>>19441613
What you've described is essentialy a DILD induction technique with WBTB. I will just add that you shouldn't wake up exactly at 3 or 4 AM, it all depends on when did you go to bed. You should wake up after 4.5 - 6 hours of sleep, more details are in the tutorial that I've linked earlier. Sleeping on the back is known for causing lighter sleep. I guess it can help you raise your awareness, but if you find it uncomfortable, you should sleep in a comfortable position instead. All in all, quite good tips.
>>
>>19441915
A strong intention to become lucid is important. I think it's quite possible that the intention alone eventually got you lucid. A lot of my dreams start in my room, so I can relate. I'm not sure about what exactly is your telekinesis technique, but if you ever find it unreliable, I'd recommend plugging your nose and trying to breathe through it as a reality check instead. If you can breathe through it, it means you are dreaming.

As for your induction technique, I see it as a somewhat personal thing, but if it works for you, keep doing it by all means. What are you trying to do is to simply use your intention to incubate a dream with a setting of your choice - your room. And then you realise something is off, because you are familiar with all the details of your actual room. It certainly sounds logical to me. I might still recommend you to combine it with another induction technique, because something as simple as setting your intention before falling asleep can't possibly interfere with it too much and you will further increase your chances.

I'm not sure if I can help you with that third eye, because I'm not all too familiar with esoteric stuff. But what you described seems like a good way to relax yourself at least, so there is no reason I should discourage it.
>>
>>19442123
Practice is definitely a way to go. You should also read up on some dream stabilisation techniques. The vividness of a dream is not something that is pre-determined. You can turn even a vague dream into a realistic experience.

>>19442849
If you are really serious about it, you should first work on remembering your dreams. Try to set your intention to remember your dreams during the day and mainly just before falling asleep. You can also utilise WBTB (I posted a link earlier), but with intention to remember a dream rather than to induce a lucid one. Also, make sure you have stable sleep schedule and that you aren't too stressed before going to bed. Once you can recall something, you should immediately write it down to your dream journal. Dream journaling will further improve your recall. Once your recall is sufficent, you can move on to inducing a lucid dream.
>>
>>19442015
I'm not sure what exactly you want to figure out. The only thing I know is that when you are asleep, you repeatedly experience periods of delta waves and theta waves with delta waves gradually becoming shorter and theta waves becoming longer towards morning. Lucid dreams happen in theta periods aka REM sleep.
>>
File: On Lucid Dreaming.png (82KB, 1635x931px) Image search: [Google]
On Lucid Dreaming.png
82KB, 1635x931px
>>19439680
Here's a screencap that might contain some information OP might not have included in his posts.

>>19439874
That's quite normal. I wouldn't worry too much about it if it was less than a week ago - we're talking about something that takes a long time to learn. Keep in mind that it might take months between lucid dreams, especially now that you are starting out. Consider it a small victory on a long, hard journey.
>>
I lucid dream extremely infrequently. Less than 10 dreams per year.

No idea why. I've clocked close to 300 dreams in my journal.
And still write there daily to the best of my ability.

I did a short research of correlation between recorded dreams and moon phases.
It concludes I'm most likely to remember dreams during first quarter, and least likely during waxing gibbous, with highest possibility of dream being lucid during waning crescent phase.

Yet my ability to lucid dream is still crap and I could use some general tips.

No technique other than DILD works.
It's impossible for my body to fall asleep before my mind.
>>
>>19443518
I have ADD and I believe the lack of Gamma and Beta waves is what makes me have ADD. Since now I take medicine for it I can make comparison when I feel that I have no ADD and when I do. So the idea I have is that there is a feeling that can tell you that your brain is on which type of brainwave, similar how you can know when your body has a predominant Sympathetic System or a Parasympathetic System. I believe the trick to lucid dreaming and other kinds of meditation related phenomena is about tuning the brain into specific brainwaves.

The third eye thing for example should be some sort of technique that makes you have a specific type of brainwave activity without losing consciousness about it?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.