[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange EVP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: heisenberg.png (282KB, 532x306px) Image search: [Google]
heisenberg.png
282KB, 532x306px
Okay, bear with me on this one guys. Keep reading if you're into EVPs and stuff like that.

1) Go to https://www.audiotool.com/app
This is basically an online music DAW, or Digital Audio Workstation.
2) Create an account and open a new project
3) In the right hand section there will be a menu, click and drag the purple icon in the Synths section out into the work area (left hand space)
This is the Heisenberg, Audtiotool's Phase Modulation synthesizer (or PM, similar to FM for those familiar with synths or radio, though I'm not entirely sure how it differs), basically what it does is it creates sounds by synthesizing a waveform of whatever shape you select. When you open this synth, it won't look the way it does in my screenshot. Instead of the waveforms with jagged shapes, they will all be sine waves, or S shaped for those not familiar with how they look. Basically what you need to know about this synth is that it can generate waveforms, yes, but it also has the ability to take one waveform and modulate it with another, or more than one. I only possess a cursory knowledge of sound synthesis so I can't too well explain how it works, but I just wanted to give you a general sense of what you're actually doing so you know this isn't a trick.
4) Click on the panels that show the waveforms to change them until the selected waveforms match my screenshot. It is important that the order is exactly the same. Basically just get the synths parameters to exactly match mine.
>>
File: heisenberg2.png (338KB, 917x645px) Image search: [Google]
heisenberg2.png
338KB, 917x645px
>>19438216
Continued, sorry for the horrible formatting in the OP, guys.

If you're not bored to death about now, thanks for bearing with me, I know this takes a lot of time out of your schedules and all but the end is in sight here.

Once you're 100% sure that your synth setup matches mine, including how the decay and sustain parameters in the bottom left are in the off position as you can see in the bottom left of the OP screenshot, go ahead to the next step.

5) In the menu on the bottom of the screen, there should be a red bar next to the word Heisenberg that is essentially a space where you input notes and their duration and it plays those notes. Double click the red bar to open the piano roll if it's not already there.

6) Scroll down until you see "C2" and double click the space just below it to create a "B1" note. If it isn't already, stretch the note duration to equal 1 bar, then copy and paste the bar (Ctrl+click+drag) over and over again to match this screenshot.
>>
>>19438255

Im here OP.
>>
>>19438255
So what? It's white noise, right? Well, I'm certainly open to that possibility. But I'll be damned if I don't hear a woman saying "It's got what you need" or "It's not what you need."

The reason I'm here is so that maybe you all can shake me out of this and just tell me it's Pareidolia or whatever.

But, hey, I'm on /x/, so you know that I'm actually hoping that y'all will tell me that I found some spoopy shit and really I hope that if I get a bunch of you to experiment with this synth we can coax out some more stuff.
>>
>>19438344
I just realized that you can share templates on this website, so to expedite the process and not do all the steps yourself you can just open my template if you want.

https://www.audiotool.com/user/xphile/templates

The template is called "evp." I've run the sound through a few filters to help the voice become a tiny bit clearer.
>>
OP here again. Just to be clear, if this is a real EVP, (or at least related to the EVP phenomenon which is probably psychological) I thought it was especially interesting because it's not just a tape with white noise on it that could have been easily faked. These are just sound waves modulating each other, and repeating over and over. The reason one of the steps tells you to repeat the note over and over is that the "voice" only seems to appear in the beginning of the note. My point is that this is a REPEATABLE way to generate an "EVP". Sure it's just one voice and whether or not someone will hear the same words is largely subjective, but I just thought you guys would find it interesting.
>>
>>19438424
We do, I was installing adobe flash.

Most people that experiment with this end up losten to things, and some of the recordings are spooky as hell, but what can I tell you, there's no way to be sure.

At least in this they can't claim that it is airwave pollution.
>>
Give me a tl;dr
>>
File: 200_s.gif (5KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
5KB, 267x200px
>>19438473
Through sound synthesis, I generated a white noise that sounds like a woman's "voice" saying "it's not what you need" or "it's got what you need"
>>
Lurking for interest but too lazy to turn on laptop and actually do it.
>>
File: wave.png (6KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
wave.png
6KB, 500x471px
I've recorded a clip of it!! I noise reduced it so you can VERY clearly hear the words here! This really helps hear the individual words. The first clip is just the white noise repeating, but there are a couple of noise-reduced clips, plus a breakdown of each word in the "sentence"

https://clyp.it/eioi1rry
>>
>>19438741
power of suggestion. Sounds like radio interference of some kind of conversation. What's with the accents on need? If a spirit were realy talking to you telling you something it would sound more straightforward and audible.
>>
>>19438837
Here's the thing though. It's not radio interference. This is a repeatable phenomenon, not an isolated incident. You can synthesize the sound yourself and play it repeatedly. I'm not saying it's a ghost, but an interesting phenomenon that might lead others to try it themselves. Just thought it was interesting how much it really did sound like a voice and how it reminded me of so many supposed EVPs I've heard. The other thing is,I wasn't looking for an EVP, it just showed itself to me when I was trying to make some noise choons.
>>
>>19438859
>It's not radio interference. This is a repeatable phenomenon
Just like radio interference. Unless it is more immaculately concieved and is confirmed not make believe glossolalia, absolutely no reason to consider it anything but radio interference or the human mind wanting to find human attributes where there is nothing.
> it just showed itself to me
lol you mean you showed yourself to one second of turbulent frequencies in the air. Record long enough anywhere and you're bound to pick up something that sounds like a human. Once I left a camera in my room for an hour and was amazed to find noises of breathing and moving about and such. This is falsified reality created by the mind. There is nothing there. Show me an intelligent response that's not garbled nonsense and you have my attention
>>
>>19438910
I thought you were suggesting that it was radio interference, not Pareidolia, which is what you're describing. What I was trying to say, but couldn't articulate well because it's about 2:00am here, was that in this case radio interference itself is not possible in this situation. This isn't some scenario with a tape recorder in the basement of an abandoned asylum. It's a sound that can be synthesized from scratch. What makes it remarkable is its repeatability.

Pareidolia, however, is completely possible, so I'm actually agreeing with you. I'm suggesting that this is probably evidence against EVPs seeing as I found something that definitely sounds like snippet of conversation but is really just noise.
>>
>>19438741
As bullshit as evp is.... damn, that does sound like a voice.
>>
It reminds me of this kind of stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY6h3pKqYI0
>>
>>19438216
Wow OP, that's actually pretty interesting. I think I understand what you're going for here, as the sound itself is actually generated digitally and not pre-recorded. All I can think is that the formant used in the tone generation is slightly distorted in such a way as to produce the effect, it could be an artefact from the buffer being slow, or even an audio signature placed into the tone by the synth's creator so that he can use it to identify tracks that have been made using his software. Have you tried putting it through an audio spectrometer?
>>
File: IMG_3506.png (71KB, 750x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3506.png
71KB, 750x442px
>>19440010
Might make for an interesting spectrogram. There's occasionally some weird shit hiding below the surface.
>>
>>19440010
I haven't tried that, no. I definitely think it's just something that resembles speech by mere coincidence. It sounds like someone in a room with a tv on in the background or something, doesn't it? I dunno, I'd encourage you to mess around with the software yourself and see what you can coax out. It's pretty otherworldly hearing a voice where there absolutely shouldn't be one. It helps if you get high first though, lol. Even though I'm half joking, something really interesting happens when you get high and start messing about with noise synthesis. You start noticing strange patterns and rhythms, like your ears become more sensitive. Anyway, I remember feeling like I was chipping away at something right before I heard it. It's like when you're trying to get two notes in tune with each other, there's this weird phasing effect that increasingly slows down the closer you get to getting the two notes perfectly in tune. It was like that but the end result was like a human voice.

For the life of me, I can't do it sober. My ears just aren't open to that subtlety. I hate habitual pot use though, fucks my life up. I love how it makes me perceive sound though.
>>
>>19438837

That's where you are wrong. it wouldn't sound more audible.
Spirit comms are messy as shit.
>>
>>19440029
Source on picture
>>
>>19442081
It's a spectrograph (i think) of an aphex twin track. Just look up "aphex twin equation" on youtube, you'll find it.
>>
Bumping, this has potential
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.