[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Power of a Solar Eclipse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

File: lel.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
Hello, /x/.
As it comes closer by the day, I've been seeing more and more discussion here about the upcoming eclipse. Though many of you have done a lot of research on the matter, there has been a question that's been on my mind that hasn't been brought up here:
Why the fuck do we need these shades to view such an event? Why is it so heavily advised to get a pair?(Pic related)
Humans are vessels of light, if our bodies can use energy given off from sunrises/sets and even convert ultraviolet light into nutrients, then I truly believe there is some amazing power that has been kept secret about this phenomenon.
I'd like to hear someone else's opinion about this topic. I feel like it's been really overlooked.
>>
I'd say try and let us know but i imagine it'd be hard to type with your retinas fried
>>
>>19437385
i dont get blind by looking at the sun when it's in full blast
but i do get blind when looking at the sun when it's at 2%
ok (((science)))
>>
File: princ.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
princ.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>19437392
How bout I come round there and throw darts at your face
>>
I've stared at the sun for at least 30 seconds unblinking before
Also
Isnt an eclipse like supposed to be dark and not bright?
Yea i know i sound retarded....
>>
>>19437392
Well if youre so confident you're not risking anything by doing it, are you?
>>
>>19437414
Basically from what I've read up on, it's "only" safe to look at it when you're positioned directly under its path. However, trying to view it from any other location relative towards the event, it somehow becomes "extremely dangerous."

What also raises an eyebrow for me is that those who've lived long enough say that the sun used to emit a different color; one that was more of an orange than the white-yellow light that we see today. Could it be related?
>>
You autists realise google scholar is a thing, right? It's pretty easy to research this shit.
>>
It hurts to look at the sun, you know why? Because your brain is telling you to stop it. Listen to your brain.
>>
An eclipse has already happened pretty recently. There's no supernatural power about it. Any fears about eclipses are delusional superstition from primitive cultures, nice to see that humans never change. If you want these powers stare at the sun you idiots. There's still light bending around the object going right into your eyeballs. They recommend sunglasses because dipshits stare at it like wow that's so cool and start to go blind. Didn't your parents ever tell you not to stare at the sun?
(A welder's mask will also protect your eyes.)
>>
It's dark so your pupils are already dilated to maximise incoming light. If you've ever had an eye test which involves dilating your pupils you'll know everything is already blindingly bright without looking directly at the sun.
>>
>>19437443
I found one study that actually took a group of 45 patients during an eclipse in August of 1999, " of whom 20 had visual symptoms and five had visible changes in the retina; four patients were still symptomatic after 7 months." Noticed how they don't say whether the change is positive or negative, just that there was one. However, since your weapon of choice was Google Scholar, I couldn't read the whole study because I'm not willing to pay for that kind of knowledge.
>>19437460
It hurts to look at the sun when your body isn't healthy and balanced, just like how people are more prone to getting sick when they don't eat right. What I'd like to know is how this kind of intense light would affect someone who is enlightened, someone whose chemistry allows them to bond with such intense vibrations.
>>
>>19437550
>It hurts to look at the sun when your body isn't healthy and balanced,
Citation needed
>>
>>19437559
This is a given. A human will always have different reactions to everything based on what they're consuming and the balance of their life, it goes for everything. Of course a calcified, vaccined teenager will have retinal damage from staring at the sun, that's why so many people need visual assistance in these most recent generations. This also can be tried with substances; how everyone "reacts differently" to drugs such as weed, mushrooms, lsd, alcohol, you name it.
Of course, the effects of some things are too gradual for the average man to notice, but it has always been a common law of the universe.
>>
>>19437602
So you have nothing supporting your claim. Glad we cleared that up.
>>
>>19437550
>>19437602
People say religion will destroy humanity. It's batshit bunk like this. One day some fuck will convince enough people that mass detonating the nuclear arsenals of every nation will make us ascend if we're in vibrational harmony. But it will really just destroy life and make earth an uninhabitable nuclear wasteland.
>>
>>19437616
what are you talking about?
everyone knows that drinking toilet cleaner and shooting yourself in the head is only dangerous if you're out of balance with nature and don't eat enough kale
>>
File: 5562ba943a39c3fde796a8678b306c6a.jpg (232KB, 732x1091px) Image search: [Google]
5562ba943a39c3fde796a8678b306c6a.jpg
232KB, 732x1091px
>>19437616
For the record, I'm all against religion; I believe that it's all just been a big game of telephone over thousands of years where twisted individuals switch the words around to settle authority. However, I believe that the truth was set in stone in places like Egypt, where the last Atlanteans distinguished truth from illusion.

That's what makes me want to dig deeper into this topic; people are so convinced that the eclipse will be the start of some sort of "ascension," yet there's a lot of details being left out. Ancient civilizations thrived off of light, creating magic through these visible vibrations.
What is to say that it still can't be done?
>>
>>19437675
>people are so convinced that the eclipse will be the start of some sort of "ascension
No one sane is "convinced" of that. Why do you mongolid constantly act like there's never been a solar eclipse before? They are not rare.
>>
>>19437690
I understand this. It's even considerable that some of these temples were built in order to align with previous eclipses, similarly to how Egyptian pyramids align with some of the constellations in the sky. It is no doubt to me that there will be an ascension, as I've witnessed enough of the veil being torn to know that we're not going to be the same after what happens next.
>>
>>19437720
Righto. You carry on tearing veils until the nice men in white coats come visit
>>
File: 1502542103941.jpg (51KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
1502542103941.jpg
51KB, 500x697px
STARE RIGHT INTO IT NO SUNGLASSES

OPEN YOUR THIRD EYE RIGHT THERE AND THEN

FUCK THE SHILLS
>>
I'm going to stare right into the Sun with no glasses and no one can stop me
>>
File: solar-eclipse-2012-queensland.jpg (123KB, 620x366px) Image search: [Google]
solar-eclipse-2012-queensland.jpg
123KB, 620x366px
>>19437358
I don't know how the effects work but I'm pretty sure it's electrical. There must be a steep voltage drop in the cavity between earth and the ionosphere right when totality strikes.

It's a very powerful event. I witnessed a full eclipse in North Queensland, Australia in 2012. Was actually working sound on the main stage of the festival. We had this hippy chick up on stage before the event talking about vibrations and other new age shit. Me and my work mate were joking about how full of shit she was etc. However we were both deeply moved by the event. It was the greatest sight that I have ever seen. We both felt really stupid about mocking the lady.
>>
>>19437781
me too desu. however I don't live in 'murrika so I'll only get a parcial eclipse
>>
>>19437801
did you guys use any glasses?
>>
>>19437856
Yeah we used these glasses that they were giving out. They're just some paper frames with some really opaque gels in them. Couldn't see anything through them, only the sun. But when totality struck you take the glasses off. We had just over two minutes of a total eclipse. You can even see the corona of the sun.
>>
>>19437358
Back in 1999 looking directly at the total eclipsed sun was like greatly more dangerous then looking at the normal sun. It would like almost immediately blind you by doing that, the reason was something about the light being stronger on the edges.
Nowadays I read its safe to look at complete total eclipse and its only dangerous when its stops being like that.

Wtf mandela effect?
>>
>>19437889
Its almost like new information supersedes previous knowledge. Wtf new timeline!!1!2!1!
>>
>>19437392
your pupils dilate during the eclipse because its darker anon, so they are more sensible to the sunlight.
Just as if you're in total darkness and someone flash a bright light in your face it actually damage your retina a bit
>>
it depends on where you are and time of day.

Worse case scenario you're in a prime eclipse spot, the moon covering the sun makes it dark outside which causes your pupils to dilate (like during night time) and you look at it and see the edge of the sun which will fuckin hurt.

Just imagine how painful looking at the sun is during the daytime (when your pupils are super fucking small)

Not sure I buy into the meme that even glancing at it without glasses will blind you for life though. Sounds like a gr8 marketing ploy
>>
>>19437895
what?
>>
>>19437925
So, theres plenty of science that explains exactly why you need the glasses, and i'm pretty behind the research. The single glance blinding you for life is an exaggeration from dumb article sources, but it IS grounded in fact.
what pisses me off is how much time so many companies had to get ready and set up to sell enough glasses to everyone wanting to see the event?
So what happens this week?
Amazon freaks out when they realize fakes exist, refund a shit ton of people but offer no alternatives. I bought a set that have all the correct markings and certs on them from a company that had over 500 3-5 star reviews, which amazon only found out yesterday was fake. Two weeks after i buy them. Now i'm out of luck looking for new ones.
All the local companies who had time to stock up and prep are completely out of stock, and all the main distributors are completely sold out or only doing minimum offers of 20-30 pairs and overnight $30 shipping
In the same articles telling everyone how moving and amazing the event is, they're telling people to use glasses but providing no help getting them
Hell even the film sheets are out of stock at the places i've looked.
>>
>>19437889
It's funny, when you really take this into consideration.
Before, they would only need to create enough sunglasses for those who were in its direct path, probably around a couple million people or so.
But now, they're trying to say that literally everyone who is in the US needs to wear these in order to witness it, not including those in its direct path. The number now? In the hundreds of millions.
Mind control? Possibly the case. It's hard to say for sure what it means.
>>
>>19437925
You're talking shit. I've seen a full solar eclipse. At totality it can be viewed without special glasses and it doesn't hurt.
>>
File: 1502419788217.jpg (145KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1502419788217.jpg
145KB, 720x1280px
>>19437925
>Just imagine how painful looking at the sun is during the daytime
not if you practice little by little at the right hours
>>
>>19437939
>economics 101 is mind control
>>
>>19437950
>muh capitalism did it
>>
>>19437944

you're an idiot. Go stare directly at the sun for 5 mins then come back to me when you're a blind retard instead of just a retard
>>
>>19437950
Maybe what they're going for is perfection. Sure, they can distribute enough bullshit regularly to make the common man retarded, but the difference between now and then is that people still have the option to avoid all the bullshit. With this, it's almost as if the entire country will be in unison towards witnessing this event, and they want to take full advantage of the opportunity. Just a theory though.
>>
>>19437961
Except it's nothing like that.
>>
>>19437961
again, if you do it on sunrise/sunset nothing happens, you can try everyday adding 10 seconds, I've reached like 2 minutes like this and I'm fine
>inb4 Eat The Sun disinfo
>>
>>19437959
>>19437964
>many people want to see thing
>make device which lets you see thing
>push marketing campaign telling people they'll be blind if they dont use your device
>sell more of device
>>
>>19437996
We must consider how large in scale these are being manufactured. There's no way there's not gonna be some catch to it that people won't realize until it's too late.
>>
>>19438044
>making money is a nefarious plot to turn bugerstanis into cybermen
>>
>>19438059
we are talking about the near future
>>
File: confirmed.png (521KB, 558x506px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed.png
521KB, 558x506px
>>19437729
Stares into light
Becomes light
>>
>>19437920
makes sense
>>
>>19437437
Dunno my grandmother always say that sun looks more orange that before?
>>
>>19438248
Pollution and/or failing eyesight
>>
i literally just posted on another eclipse thread saying i wouldnt trust those damn NASA approved glasses.
>>
File: lolnope.jpg (80KB, 1164x567px) Image search: [Google]
lolnope.jpg
80KB, 1164x567px
>>19438282
The moment I saw these I knew This is some serious shit.

Nice digits!.
>>
There are no nerves that will warn you that you are burning your retinas, so it is always dangerous to look at the sun for a prolonged period.
>>
>>19438382
>le planet selfie
lol
>>
File: unison.png (2MB, 1211x719px) Image search: [Google]
unison.png
2MB, 1211x719px
>>19438391
What you fail to understand is that the sun is more than just a big ball of burning plasma; it is a being of light whose energy alone can bring life to this realm.
Those who live amongst the light can also gaze upon it, and it will in return give healing and energy. However, there are many who are not worthy, whether it be because of their eating habits, their negativity, or whatever entity is latched onto them. These people burn up in the sun, as well as getting sick from exposure, sometimes even from laying their eyes upon it.
When you understand this, you can start to do really magical things, just from your sole interaction with any light at all.
>>
>>19438477
I would like to know more
>>
>>19438477
Yea I thought that too, then I gave my eyes sunburns and permanently damaged my retinas.
>>
File: elevated.jpg (12KB, 164x230px) Image search: [Google]
elevated.jpg
12KB, 164x230px
>>19438531
Light has always derived from the flame; the eternal flame of this existence, this realm, the earth. It is a flame that coexists with all that exists, that is found in all that was created through order. Order made form through chaos, of the plane below us. In order to become engulfed in these flames, to feel them flowing through your body, you must understand the heart of the earth's flame, and thus adjust your own heart to be in alignment with the earth's.
I can create energy patterns through turning chaotic matter into a light form, an art I would call it. It has been only a matter of months since I started really getting serious with what I do, and I have far overcome any demons that used to hold me in chains. It has truly been a long journey for me to make it this far.
>>
>>19437358
>goes dark
>eyes adjust corresponding light
>the ring phase
>huge beam of light
>eyes don't adjust fast enough
>AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!
>MY EYES!

>>19438477
>>19438634
>mad preacher syndrome
>>
>>19438674
I'm more of a messenger than a preacher. It really bothers me how ignorant people choose to be sometimes, but sometimes they don't even realize the full extent of it. When I'm high, usually what those call "Christ Consciousness" speaks through me, though I believe it's a past incarnation of myself sharing knowledge from a past lifetime.

My existence is strange, dude.
>>
>>19438701
>My existence is strange, dude.
I know the feels. Where can I learn more? How do you practice on a daily basis? For some reason I have been feeling an intense urge to look at the sun recently.
>>
>>19438701
I talk to Jesus too sometimes, but not when I am high. Its easy to get ahead of yourself with inflamed ego when you use drugs to connect with spiritually advanced sources of knowledge.
>>
File: IMG_4423 (1).jpg (470KB, 657x1134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4423 (1).jpg
470KB, 657x1134px
>>19438718
I trip on a weekly basis- sometimes its more of a bad habit, but I use it to digest knowledge I'm either trying to grasp or desiring to embrace, since it's easier to feel energy in that state of being.
I've studied up on the Emerald Tablets mainly, though I understand there are other sacred texts with truths in them, I tend to find new meanings within the words as I go back to gain a better understanding. Through just this text, I've learned to wield light magic, rid myself of evil, and to live indefinitely at full strength.
It's not just the sun, either. The moon has a strong energy as well as the stars- it is just that the sun is one of the strongest, and can be the most destructive or life-bringing that we have to offer. That's why this eclipse is so important; it may be the physical representation of two deities merging their power together to create a new light on this world. It's a lot to take in.
>>
>>19437935
Welders masks work and shouldnt be hard to come by.
>>
>>19438783
Do you have recommendations to study the emerald tablets?
>>
>>19437605
>"So you have nothing supporting your claim. Glad we cleared that up."
>the universe supports his claim
>eternally BTFO
>>
>>19437675
Cool idea, but what the fuck happened to these gods and where are they now?
>>
>>19437437
>>19437358
If you are not under the full eclipse the crown of the Sun will be too bright and you won't see the eclipse itself. Shades used as anti-bloom filters. You welcome
>>
>>19437935
Why not just go to a dollar store and by a pair of shades?

Upd:captcha told me to find photos with shades foking (((google)))
>>
>>19438701
>my exsistance is strange
No, you're just fucking nuts
>>
>>19438783
>mad preacher syndrome
Ohhh maannn! Even worse! This is Acid Jesus syndrome.
Bro... I've had acid Jesus syndrome. It sucks cuz there is too much cognitive dissonance. Took a year to calm down and begin to behave like socially acceptable being.
>>
>>19437602
>This also can be tried with substances; how everyone "reacts differently" to drugs such as weed, mushrooms, lsd, alcohol, you name it.
No you fucking lunatic, that's because everyone's brain is wired different, and no one's body chemistry is the same. It isn't about how spiritually awakened you are or whatever bullshit. People like you are a fucking problem to the evolution of the world, literally ignoring science that exists and explains it, in favour of "muh vibrational ascension".

Also, saying that "the universe" proves your point without showing proof that the universe proves it is on the same level as saying "Well, the magic pixies in my ear told me, so it must be true!"
>>
>>19439280
>It isn't about how spiritually awakened you are or whatever bullshit.
When did he mention something like this? Are you seeing ghosts, anon?
>>
File: Authority.png (1MB, 900x661px) Image search: [Google]
Authority.png
1MB, 900x661px
>>19439124
They walk among us.
>>
>>19439280
What makes sure that the science you're learning isn't fake?
I've always been one to question what's being told to me, because saying "science said so" or "god said so" to me is fucking batshit crazy. People are always going to want to tell you what's true and what's not, it's been this way for hundreds of thousands of years.
I didn't wake up one day and automatically come to the conclusion that people react differently to everything based on what they're consuming. It was something I learned through experience. I've had times where I had been completely fine being around a fungus that was growing, yet everyone else living in the house would get really fucking sick from it. I've had many instances such as this, different scenario same outcome, until eventually I could plainly see the pattern of life that had been right in front of me.
What makes you think the sun is an exception? It's a clear example when you take into account that people can channel energy through literally gazing upon it and meditating with it. Of course everyone won't have that ability when their polarity isn't balanced; when people have given in to believe that they can just do whatever they want and their body won't take a toll from it.
>>
File: 2435500526_9eaf29d037_b.jpg (224KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
2435500526_9eaf29d037_b.jpg
224KB, 1024x769px
>>19437358
It's bullshit. Literally go Google pics of the Sun. I can stare at these pics all day. Nothing happens. Just like staring at the actual Sun. It's the same fucking thing.
>>
>>19439148
There's really a name for that? That's funny.
this has been more than just "Acid Jesus" syndrome or whatever the fuck you wanna call it.
From the moment I gained consciousness as an infant I knew something was different; that I wasn't just an average human being. I never felt the need to seek attention, or to prove myself in any way- my existence was enough for me. Throughout my childhood I was able to see just how fucked up the world was, and for a while it scared the shit out me. I ran from the truth for years, living in ignorance, until I was so sick in my head I couldn't take it anymore. It seemed as if perfect timing to where someone had always been in my life revealed themselves to me; a true vessel of light taken form as a man in order to aid me on my path to enlightenment.
It's not that I want to be a light unto this world for the gifts it brings; praise, appreciation, whatever man-made concept people think of when they think of a self-proclaimed god.
I am a light unto this world because it needs to be saved, and while everyone sits on their ass waiting for the world to end, I'm not just going to let the world be engulfed into total darkness.
I don't see myself higher than anybody else; in fact, my only hope is for some to listen and comprehend knowledge that has been passed down to me intended to share with those who sought out for it.
I've seen nut jobs. If I was really a lunatic I wouldn't constantly be searching for truth, I would just create my own twisted reality. Know the difference.
>>
>>19439640
I use to stare at the sun and it left me with a scar behind the eye
>>
>>19437358
if we dont all die im gonna be disappointed
>>
>>19439634
The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.