[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Mysterious Gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: taoism.jpg (61KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
taoism.jpg
61KB, 300x297px
What is the Mysterious Gate referenced in Taoist texts and where is it located? It's
also known as the Valley Spirit in the Tao Te Ching and referred to as the true void in the body. I've read that it isn't located at the brow, solar plexus, or base of the spine. It's said that only a teacher can reveal how to open it.
>>
>>19436280

It is not a point in the body; It is the juncture of ignorance and enlightenment.
>>
>>19436295
So you are saying the process of opening it is more of a psychological nature? Like dissolution of the ego?
>>
>>19436299

Yep.
>>
>>19436280
>>
>>19436450
Ok. It seems that all philosophies and religions return to this principle. Once the gate is opened it reveals a pathway for yang to rise and yin to descend. Is this just a way of saying to act moral? The texts seem to suggest that this is a physical process that occurs in the body.
>>
>>19436527

No, it's about harmony. Morality is a delusion. Do recall that OG Daoist texts aren't straightforward about things. Also of note is that what effects the non-physical also affects the physical and vice versa -- They are not separate things, they are parts of the same whole.
>>
File: kundalini.jpg (12KB, 199x273px) Image search: [Google]
kundalini.jpg
12KB, 199x273px
>>19436280
>>
>>19436522
Only correct answer.
>>
>>19440931
>>
>>19441041
>>
>>19436280
The "Valley Spirit" or "true void" is literally a vagina. Dark, wet, but that from which life springs
>>
>>19436280
>>
>>19441085
>>19441076
>>19441041

無無
無無無
無無無無
無無無無無
無無無無
無無無
無無
>>
>>19441098
Newfags can't 無

無 無
>>
>>19441145
im an oldfag

無 無
>>
>>19436622
>OG Daoist

>mfw I read original gangsta daoist

fuck
>>
>>19436280

無 無
>>
>>
>>19436280
I have had great success opening my mind up like the outer walls we normally use to see the world, I attune towards the stars in space. Its like that too is part of my brain usually controlled and attuned to the sense. I attune it towards the galaxy, or individual stars. You are within the cosmos and it is within you. You just silence the perturbations of your mind, and attune your heart to seeing into emptiness where we normally project images of form. Just casing yourself into the gravitational void that pulls light in from distant places, and mold your spirit into a receptacle of that light. You see that the molecules and atoms of your being are harmonically tuned to starlight. The interstellar astral plane.
>>
>>19436299
It is much more profound, it is replacing the ego with a question mark. The ego is no longer a point but a vector, a direction, it is a river. A question mark is a compass heading. Having this self as compass means it is always changing to adapt harmoniously with its surroundings, thus it is force without effort. In psychology it is the state of flow, but omnipresent. It feels like a gate to another dimension such that it was as if you were dead before.
>>
>>19442569
It is important that you realize that you are not experience a truth about reality but rather creating that perceived reality by suspending disbelief so that your perception follows belief. This is a profound skill and is what chaos magic is psychologically, but if you don't de-immerse yourself and realize that you have created a mirage you will be trapped in it. To me, knowing it is a mirage empowers the ability even more because you can change the mirage and explore different perceptions of reality, instead of being trapped by one.
>>
>>19442628
Well, if you see with the heart, you can basically nullify any intellectual ideas of perception and simply 'see' that which you attune your awareness towards. Its like becoming invisible and letting other things appear in the space you have vacated. I believe its something that is bringing me closer to 4th density consciousness. 4th Density is where one becomes aware that they are love, and that they are of the creator. I can observe what god has put into our cosmos, and I can create realities according to my own vision and understanding of the my soul and spirit.

I have seen very vivid and clear perceptions of the planet from space, as if I was there in space looking at it.

I approach this from an angle of using dream sorcery, you move the assemblage point of your awareness towards stillness, towards the heart, and towards anything you wish to perceive.
>>
File: TheGate.png (22KB, 769x314px) Image search: [Google]
TheGate.png
22KB, 769x314px
>>19436280
The Mysterious Gate is the metaphor for this:
>pic attached
>>
>>19442569

As above so below?
>>
>>19442840
Precisely
All the forces and principles driving the cosmos also exist with the human body. I found a way to make a spiral of light around my being that can teleport visions and information from other places.
>>
It's the butthole
>>
>>19442793
I didn't think this thread was still up. What am I supposed to view the trigrams as? They are combinations of Yin and Yang, binary representations, depictions of the subtle forces which make up the elements, etc. Is there a way that they can be mapped to physical processes in the body? Maybe I need to look at the I Ching or an earlier origin.

Is that supposed to be read left to right or column by column?

>>19442610
That's an interesting perspective. Is the ego something that needs to be subdued and overcome or just passively recognized. I would imagine that at first it acts in opposition to the Self and causes it to experience wants and desires. Is the key to notice when it "pulls" in a direction opposite of harmony and then reacting accordingly?
>>
>>19443019

(1234][5678)
[4837}{2615]
{7531)(8642}

And these:
>>19367520
>>19367530
>>19367546
>>19367556
>>19367565
>>19367578
>>19367690
>>
>>19442966
Everyone always misses the obvious.
>>
File: Dantian.jpg (169KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
Dantian.jpg
169KB, 736x981px
>>19443042
Also this
>>
>where is it
Anon, where ISN'T it, from your perspective?
>>
>>19443042
And this too
>>
>>19443083
I'm getting the impression that it is the ether, akasha, thought itself. The text I read basically said it wasn't localized in the body parts mentioned.

>>19443042
It looks like you are showing that this is a naturally reoccuring pattern in nature and that it governs not only the formation of matter but thoughts, events, etc. The sequence of numbers represent how the process of creation unfolds. From the Dantian pic maybe this sequence can also be mapped to the body.
>>
>>19443123
>From the Dantian pic maybe this sequence can also be mapped to the body.
It can. But just mapping a sequence is not enough.
You need to understand, why it is the way it is, and how it works.
It is not about the sequence it self, but the laws behind it, which allow the sequence form the way it is, and work the way it does.
Only when you comprehend these laws of the nature(/universe), will you be able to properly control your body/energy system and processes, then if talented and hard working enough, eventually reach physical immortality(when you reach high enough mastery of synchronizing/controlling these laws).
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.